Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Booley posted:

Or would you prefer than any time anyone does anything remotely bad they be kicked out of everything forever (unless they're a republican cop, in which case they're good people who should be allowed to stick around with nothing negative said about them)

I mean if we’re going to dox the guy I’d personally say he’s more of a Constitutionalist and less cop more Military Police than anything else really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

lol, a constitutionalist

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
quick question unrelated to dumb drama, can I cast Warpath on my Boyz before flinging them across the board with Da Jump or does the redeploy/distance remove that buff somehow?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Good Citizen posted:

quick question unrelated to dumb drama, can I cast Warpath on my Boyz before flinging them across the board with Da Jump or does the redeploy/distance remove that buff somehow?

They've ruled that those kind of in-game redeployments don't cause buffs to fall off. I think the key example is "My Will Be Done" and Veil of Darkness.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I've done a lot of painting this year, but I don't really feel safe sharing my progress. Sorry goons.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I've done a lot of painting this year, but I don't really feel safe sharing my progress. Sorry goons.

You a protected post your babies

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Stanyer89 posted:

I mean if we’re going to dox the guy I’d personally say he’s more of a Constitutionalist and less cop more Military Police than anything else really.

Or maybe he just likes making money by making things that sell well in the US export economy/pentagon.

This is a dumpster fire, I want to cancel social media including this dumb gay forum.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Stephenls posted:

Avery "Monsterhearts" Alder has a twitter thread about this. I mean, it's mostly about prison, but it's also applicable to community exile in general.

Lol it's some Twitter personality in the warham thread. Happy new year.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Here's all of my 2019 painting. Mostly orks, with my new Iron Hands and a couple of other projects.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

JBP posted:

Lol it's some Twitter personality in the warham thread. Happy new year.

I appreciate that there’s some contextual information I’m missing here that makes me posting that link in relation to this specific scenario super double extra hilarious, and that I can’t be told what it is because spreading it around is tantamount to continuing to doxx Beer, which obvs the admis can’t allow, and to that extent I’ll happily continue capering around for everyone else who does know’s amusement, but Avery Alder is an indie RPG writer/publisher (she did Monsterhearts) who was briefly harassed out of the game industry by Zak S’ crew. She’s not exactly an irrelevant rando.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I painted a couple big Tyranid beasties early in the year

Next 40k project was starting my Black Legion, which is ongoing

These guys shared hobby time with AoS so if you only look at either half of my hobby output I look kinda lazy lol

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Deified Data posted:

Sweet mans

These look great. I like your Black Legion dudes and your Tyranids remind me of the old Kenner Aliens action figures in the best way.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

TheChirurgeon posted:

These look great. I like your Black Legion dudes and your Tyranids remind me of the old Kenner Aliens action figures in the best way.

Thanks!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Stephenls posted:

I appreciate that there’s some contextual information I’m missing here that makes me posting that link in relation to this specific scenario super double extra hilarious, and that I can’t be told what it is because spreading it around is tantamount to continuing to doxx Beer, which obvs the admis can’t allow, and to that extent I’ll happily continue capering around for everyone else who does know’s amusement, but Avery Alder is an indie RPG writer/publisher (she did Monsterhearts) who was briefly harassed out of the game industry by Zak S’ crew. She’s not exactly an irrelevant rando.

:waycool:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Deified Data posted:

Your blacks and grays are painted exquisitely! I love the color scheme of those bugs, I find dark carapace and lighter flesh makes for interesting combos.

10/10 great work!

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Deified Data posted:

These guys shared hobby time with AoS so if you only look at either half of my hobby output I look kinda lazy lol

These look amazing! I really like the semi translucent look of the tyranid green bits.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This was many glued together fingers. :P Will start painting tomorrow.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Here's everything I painted in 2019, since I only JUST got back into the hobby:

But the freebooterz are assembling. Pretty nice rag-tag bunch of kitbashed models.

Gonna paint the boyz some more tonight, then probably assemble a couple Flash Gitz tomorrow.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Someone here posted about the magic that is Citadel Contrast Nazdreg Yellow over Vallejo Metal Duraluminum. Thank you for this wonderful thing.

Happy new year.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
With CA19 giving the Astraeus a nice 100 point price drop, I knew it was time to get one painted up for my Fists. Took me a little while to get started on it with all the other projects I've got going, but I pushed to wrap it up as my last model in 2019.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Shade your blacks.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Eifert Posting posted:

Shade your blacks.

'e did. Adjust yer gamma.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Some black legion dudes I did this year. Honestly not sure how many Necrons I did. Mock away!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
38 models in 2019 + 1 wip (which will be posted once it is done.)

oldest to newest l to right.

This kickstarter seems neat.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 1, 2020

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
My friend I've been playing Kill Team with got a bit funny after I actually bought some crusaders and used Gottfred de Montbard in the last game we played which was Take Prisoners. Sort of made some comments about it being beta rules until the annual came out, and that Gottfred is too powerful as he has a 3+ invulnerable save.

Personally I think a T3 model with 3 wounds a 3++ save and a power sword isn't terribly powerful for 20 points. Sure he gets a heap of attacks but that sort of makes up for being S3.

This is from the guy who pays 19 points for a Borkan Sept pathfinder with a Recon drone who shoots a rail rifle with no penalties for cover or range.

I think its just because I won the game after killing two dudes with Gottfred and he was down to one wound and I passed like 8 saves in a single turn. It was lucky as poo poo but that's just how it happens sometimes.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 1, 2020

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Nah 3 wounds and 3++ for 20 is pretty insane

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Three wounds and 3++ is pretty nuts for 20 points but on the other hand Tau are absolutely nuts (OP in my opinion) in Kill Team. That said the take prisoners game mode isn't really that "fair" either.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Bob Wins posted:

Three wounds and 3++ is pretty nuts for 20 points but on the other hand Tau are absolutely nuts (OP in my opinion) in Kill Team. That said the take prisoners game mode isn't really that "fair" either.

Agree the mission is a weird thing to have considering how many armies use shooting, but we were playing a three way match so we rolled randomly on matched play missions.

I think T3, 3W, 3++ with only a power sword with a bunch of attacks is good for 20 points for sure which is why I took him, but I don't think it's as awful as he is making out. Particularly in KT where you're rarely going to get the chance to charge more than one model and there's going to be a whole bunch special weapon spam.

I think it would bother me less if it wasn't for the fact he's playing "the" T'au kill team of stealth suit, three pathfinders with rail rifles, Recon drone, plus a bunch of gun drones. I think if you've built a KT that's as competitive as your army gets and it's pretty good at that, complaining about a single model another team can take one of that (in my opinion) that powerful bothers me a bit.

I don't complain that his Borkan Sept Comms+Sniper with rail rifle+Recon drone combo deletes a unit a turn from 30" away. That's just how it is.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Oh jeez yeah I didn't know that. If he's playing "the one true tau list" then you bring whatever cheese you can to the table. 4 frag cannons you name it.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I played against that list in my latest killteam skirmish and it killed my fun for the game.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
So I'm looking for good, cheap wound trackers.

Currently use dice like I'm sure most people do, but dice get knocked easily, especially d10 and up.

Came across these knitting row counters that you can get cheaply most places or for a few cents each on Ali express (if you don't mind waiting a month or so for delivery)

They come in a bunch of colours and look pretty good. Anyone used them and can vouch for/warn against getting these?

e: also drat there's some nice paint jobs being posted. What the hell.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 1, 2020

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

There's all kinds of 3d printed wound trackers out there, check etsy and stuff

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyrkol-Wound-Tracker-Dials-for-Warhammer-40k-Space-Marines-Terrain-Tau-Dice-Alt-/112573744714

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

These are very nice looking, but since I was planning to buy a whole bunch for my social table they're a bit pricey for the numbers I'd want. But thanks, I might get some for myself.

e: but I did just find super cheap dice holders for d10s on etsy that'll work nicely

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 1, 2020

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
Here's my 40k output for the year- Some Certusian Charnel Guard and an Excoriator

And some Blanche inspired converted cult gangers

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
That dude with the banner is so 80’s Blanche. It’s beautiful.

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

Skails posted:

Here's my 40k output for the year- Some Certusian Charnel Guard and an Excoriator

This is just.....amazing

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Skails posted:

And some Blanche inspired converted cult gangers

and this just proves that we should all be producing like 15 models a year with a focus of quality over quantity

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Makes me feel a lot better about my languishing Necron army I’ve played once in a 2v2 game, I’ll tell you that!

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Quidthulhu posted:

and this just proves that we should all be producing like 15 models a year with a focus of quality over quantity

I’d have had my ork army in 15 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rano Pano
Jan 17, 2004

Was a bit shocked when I made a list of what I painted 2019; it was much more than I thought, despite work and three kids (oldest is four). I’ve been painting for almost 30 years so I think I’m experienced enough to cut a lot of corners in order to paint really really fast. Also wish I had a macromat. Anyways, here’s my 2019 accomplishments :)

Somewhat wimpy scouts, but still better than the official ones:

Eliminators from Shadowspear; I had this idea that all Phobos dudes were to have black armour:

...which was also applied to the Infiltrators:

But then I changed my mind when I bought six more:

Chose the flamer option way before it was cool:

Had a Vanguard box for years and now:

This was not fun to paint:

But this was!

First things I painted 2019, still haven’t used them in a game though:

Stripped and repainted an old Librarian, along with someone who is manly enough to carry a pink sword around:

Phobos Lt and Captain:

Support characters. I think the company champion is my 2019 favourite. Unflattering angle and borrowed conversion idea but still:

Howdy:

Recently posted for attention but for completeness’ sake:

Also some AdMech reinforcements!

The guy himself:

Scratch built some servitors...

...used as fodder for Master of Biosplicing, repairing these:

Added 9 Bullgryn and a Priest to my traitor guard. The ones without a shield has the 4++ shields:

Also painted some stuff for a friend.
Smash Captain:

Finkin’ Kap:

No backlog, which feels strange. 2020 will be repainting another friends’ terrible Eldar.

Rano Pano fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jan 1, 2020