Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

specifically, resting on the fact that you're the authority here and don't have to answer to anyone... is going to come off as though your being engaged in a discussion at all is merely a pretext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Zyla posted:

or keep talking to me and benghazi 2, and some others, we can talk thru some of this

Yeah unironically I would be willing to have a priavte-ish conversation and try to hash this out

I think that as good as having a thread to bring pressure to bear is having 100 people to reply to many of whom are screaming wildly is terrible and not conducive to fixing poo poo

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lowtax posted:

I'm not tired but okay, I will go to bed.

OPFOR has relinquished the field of battle. Tomorrow, a new campaign shall begin.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lowtax posted:

please unban too, at least one absolutely needs it and the rest would appreciate it as a show of good faith

you can always re-ban later and we can hash it out then, you have ultimate power after all

this whole thing is a huge loving mess but your mods and admins have been handling it admirably for the most part. Just roll things back and talk to them and then see if you want to roll things forward again

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Neopie posted:

Okay. Please reverse the bans, then go to bed.

e: Well you don't have to go to bed but probably just forget about it for the rest of the night?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Perhaps we could unban some posters now, and other posters several months down the road? Perhaps after meeting some arbitrary requirement we've all agreed to?

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014
lets hear both sides

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If someone is still talking to Lowtax, get him to reopen QCS and have some kind of actual moderation so we can have these conversations in one place, and not six different threads in nine subforums or what the gently caress ever it is we're doing with this right now.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
yeah maybe close the thread too. everyone is too hot for their own good.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Tashilicious posted:

If someone is still talking to Lowtax, get him to reopen QCS and have some kind of actual moderation so we can have these conversations in one place, and not six different threads in nine subforums or what the gently caress ever it is we're doing with this right now.

aye, strongly agree

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah unironically I would be willing to have a priavte-ish conversation and try to hash this out

I think that as good as having a thread to bring pressure to bear is having 100 people to reply to many of whom are screaming wildly is terrible and not conducive to fixing poo poo

completely agree

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

eric ciaramella posted:

oh you flatterer

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

eric ciaramella posted:

yes

go watch an orb

get some snacks, perhaps a carbonated soda

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
it's really great that the response, after 40 days of this bullshit, to people asking for new mods and admins, has been a bunch of loving people who self admittedly dont give a poo poo about the website anymore coming in to ban people and let everyone know why it's just not possible to remove current mods and add new ones

i was going to finish this post but It hought i'd lock the thread and reply 4 days later instead because, being so busy and unwilling to set aside time for this, i am the best person for the job.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/6/26/18744264/something-awful-youtube-moderation-rich-kyanka-lgbtq

Open qcs

Bitch

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Peachfart posted:

Ah, so FYAD are now transphobes, have alts on KF, and are Nazis? Wow, where do they find the time?

ok

stuffed crust punk has issued a correction as of 08:20 on Jan 1, 2020

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
go to bed.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

I did not listen to any Nazis or anybody from FYAD. I do not know why you drew that conclusion.

ok

stuffed crust punk has issued a correction as of 08:20 on Jan 1, 2020

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Minrad posted:

it's really great that the response, after 40 days of this bullshit, to people asking for new mods and admins, has been a bunch of loving people who self admittedly dont give a poo poo about the website anymore coming in to ban people and let everyone know why it's just not possible to remove current mods and add new ones

i was going to finish this post but It hought i'd lock the thread and reply 4 days later instead because, being so busy and unwilling to set aside time for this, i am the best person for the job.

we're trying to work thru this, i sent a bunch thru pm to him, it sucks bad atm but i think it might be possible to come out of this better

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

please hold back on this for a moment thanks!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

I'm also down for a private conversation. Not necessarily about this, though. We could talk about anything. Girls, movies, gardening...

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Lowtax posted:

pardon our friends. its ok to gently caress up and whatever. just let us keep going like we been doing. its a truly bizarre and stupid thing not to

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Turdfuzz posted:

I'm also down for a private conversation. Not necessarily about this, though. We could talk about anything. Girls, movies, gardening...

cucumbers are a great crop

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Turdfuzz posted:

Perhaps we could unban some posters now, and other posters several months down the road? Perhaps after meeting some arbitrary requirement we've all agreed to?

maybe we could create some sort of forgiveness program where if they 1) are a Pell Grant Recipient who 2) starts a business in a disadvantaged community and 3) manages to keep that business afloat for at least three years they can be unbanned

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
ya op im not gonna do that

seen a lot of hysterics go dear richard over the years and im good here

im down for a collection to re-reg lastgirl though, that's a lame one

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Demostrs posted:

maybe we could create some sort of forgiveness program where if they 1) are a Pell Grant Recipient who 2) starts a business in a disadvantaged community and 3) manages to keep that business afloat for at least three years they can be unbanned

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Demostrs posted:

thanks kamala!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

friendly toxx notice that i'm gonna donate money to bernie equal to the amount of pages in this thread and the reconciliation thread so gently caress the police

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

pizza combos posted:

You're quite pushy.

lmao who's alt are you?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BEGONE LIBERALS THIS SUBFORUM IS PROTECTED BY SIGILS FROM YOUR DEMONIC MAGICKS except SpiderHyphenMan

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Demostrs posted:

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Paramemetic posted:

The ones in the thread are the ones that are in many ways representing many others. They're agitating for better treatment for people. Going "those ones in particular are the bad ones" reads as "I'm okay with trans people so long as they keep their loving mouths shut and stay out of my way - there's no pleasing those people."

Like, apply the Southern Gentleman test here. If you say "I'm okay with trans people, just not those people" in a southern gentleman voice, it sounds pretty fuckin' sketch.

I don't think you're being willfully transphobic or anything here but you're for better or for worse in the thick of a thing. I know you didn't ask to be put in the middle of the struggle for trans rights but you're kinda there in the middle of that struggle, and going on a live stream and saying "there's just no pleasing these people" is gonna be read a certain way by people on both sides of that struggle.

Exactly because of your history defending trans people, I know you're not doing a big fascism thing here. And I know this isn't a thing you want to be involved in but have to be involved in anyhow, and that sucks. But it's also exactly true for all of those people. Nobody wants to be in a position where they're getting put on blast for vigorously representing their interests, especially not when their safety is in play.

There's a reason union stewards get exceptional protection from employers in contracts, because stewards have to be able to call the bosses fuckers from time to time and not be punished for it. If you think about what CascadeBeta or whoever is posting as representing their interests vigorously instead of as "there's just nothing I can do that will please them" then it might help you understand why you're taking heat on this, and why a lot of people are real unconvinced by "but the mod sass rules" in this particular situation - not because it wasn't mod sass (the rules as written are that you literally can't insult any mod or front page writer, so, uh) but because there's a broader context that matters.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

pizza combos posted:

You're quite pushy.

thats' why they call me the pusherbot

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Demostrs posted:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i know the temptation to shitpost is high right now but please try other threads for it so we can keep this line open

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Demostrs posted:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

"radical underground antifa trans rights activist who saw the light" is the kind of parody that plays in c-spam but you managed to gently caress that up and you did it in like a really long winded way

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

"radical underground antifa trans rights activist who saw the light" is the kind of parody that plays in c-spam but you managed to gently caress that up and you did it in like a really long winded way

We should get stupid hosed up at some point, cumshitter. go out drinking. get some drugs. you can afford to pay for me, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

oh hey cool lowtax is in this thread. hey, doom house was cool as hell. can you abolish mods and make the forums a posters cooperative?