Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Power Khan posted:

Why would you vote her TA?

Because she was an rear end in a top hat.
She was also correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tashilicious posted:

flaccid length does not equate to erect length. a one-two inch flaccid cock is not a micropenis.

it literally isn't but it figuratively is, you know?

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 1, 2020

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Power Khan posted:

Ignorance or they were the bully

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sagebrush posted:

small dick energy
i get it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tashilicious posted:

small dick energy
i get it

yeah. or like it might be normal sized in normal circumstances, but when you're in the pool and your youngman shrimps you have a Micro Penis, though not a micropenis.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Some people are growers, not showers.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Power Khan posted:

There's a lot of comments that imply they... didn't. It seems the consensus was NTA, and then they added that edit anyway :shrug:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

to me, it looked like she got a few YTA comments, made the edit, simultaneously got a bunch of NTA comments, and then there were a bunch of people saying "well I would vote NTA but your edit was so rude i'm changing my verdict"

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

failing forward posted:

Some people are growers, not showers.

He also said it doesnt grow much.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

He also said it doesnt grow much.

poor yungman

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Smirking_Serpent posted:

to me, it looked like she got a few YTA comments, made the edit, simultaneously got a bunch of NTA comments, and then there were a bunch of people saying "well I would vote NTA but your edit was so rude i'm changing my verdict"

Reddit blows.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for pretending not to recognize someone trying to apologize?

I was a depressed wreck of a person and could barely function. I transferred to a new school, moved away, and got therapy.

this girl did things to my mental health that still cause effects to this day. I remain in therapy, though it's been a decade and a half.

I find it highly unlikely that this person was able to act like she didn't recognize the woman.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for pretending not to recognize someone trying to apologize?

So told her, "that's great and all but are you sure that was me? I don't remember you. Did you go to [private school]?" Kimmy looked as though I'd destroyed her and insisted I remembered her, that we had been best friends in middle school. I told her, "I'm sorry but I just don't remember you. Middle school was a long time ago. Anyway, I've gotta run, my husband and baby are waiting for me. Happy Holidays!" I'll never forget the look on her face as I walked away, she was absolutely crushed.

I'm guessing that maybe some version of this occurred, but this is just too perfect.

NTA though.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

youngman always shrimping

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [27F] am uncomfortable with my partners [32M] kinks.

I've been with my partner for 5 years now. Our sex life has been on a downward slope for 2 years or so. I've also been severely depressed and we've had some issues in our relationship (too long to explain) that I personally think have had an impact on our sex life. Another major issue is his kinks that I am uncomfortable with and I'm not sure if I'm being selfish.

To sum it up we're both subs. I like being dominated in the bedroom as does he. That I guess isn't too much of the issue as we've had many talks about this and every now and then we try to keep each other happy, I'll pick up the role one night and try to be dominating for him and he does the same for me. One thing that I do feel weird about is the fact he likes using butt plugs and likes to use dildos on himself. I've tried a few times to please him and had a few nights in the past where we both used a sex toy on ourselves and well...I've also used a strap-on on him. He loves it, he loves when we have sex like this but I get nothing out of it physically. It doesn't turn me on at all but I figure sometimes we need to meet each other half way. He's not into being dominate but he does the act for me so we do try to make each other happy in the bedroom. We've had a few talks about this and it seems to be ok but I guess I haven't fully come clean.

I'm happy to dominate him during sex but when he asks me to use the strap on, it really kills the mood. I feel a little awkward and uncomfortable. I don't know how to tell him this without him feeling resentful that I get to have my fun during sex while he no longer can. I will always get to have sex my way and never his and I understand his frustration because if he said he no longer wanted to be dominating, I'd be annoyed too.

I know I'm possibly going to get some "break up" comments here because sometimes we're not sexually compatible but to throw away a relationship over it is a little silly in my opinion. We've spoken about him seeing a female dom but I'm not sure if I'm entirely 100% comfortable with it. On one hand, it could cause problems and eventually end us, on the other it may make him happy he gets what he wants and I could possibly deal with that.

TL;DR: I am uncomfortable and feel awkward when my boyfriend asks me to use a strap-on on him. It feels like a chore as I get nothing out of it but he enjoys it so much. Am I selfish for not meeting him halfway as he does with me because I like things he does not.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I've also been severely depressed and we've had some issues in our relationship (too long to explain) that I personally think have had an impact on our sex life.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

And the verdict is: open up the relationship!

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Dazerbeams posted:

And the verdict is: open up the relationship!

Probably killing it this way is the most humane option at this point.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I've been with my partner for 5 years now. Our sex life has been on a downward slope for 2 years or so. I've also been severely depressed and we've had some issues in our relationship (too long to explain) that I personally think have had an impact on our sex life. Another major issue is his kinks that I am uncomfortable with and I'm not sure if I'm being selfish.

To sum it up we're both subs. I like being dominated in the bedroom as does he. That I guess isn't too much of the issue as we've had many talks about this and every now and then we try to keep each other happy, I'll pick up the role one night and try to be dominating for him and he does the same for me. One thing that I do feel weird about is the fact he likes using butt plugs and likes to use dildos on himself. I've tried a few times to please him and had a few nights in the past where we both used a sex toy on ourselves and well...I've also used a strap-on on him. He loves it, he loves when we have sex like this but I get nothing out of it physically. It doesn't turn me on at all but I figure sometimes we need to meet each other half way. He's not into being dominate but he does the act for me so we do try to make each other happy in the bedroom. We've had a few talks about this and it seems to be ok but I guess I haven't fully come clean.

I'm happy to dominate him during sex but when he asks me to use the strap on, it really kills the mood. I feel a little awkward and uncomfortable. I don't know how to tell him this without him feeling resentful that I get to have my fun during sex while he no longer can. I will always get to have sex my way and never his and I understand his frustration because if he said he no longer wanted to be dominating, I'd be annoyed too.

I know I'm possibly going to get some "break up" comments here because sometimes we're not sexually compatible but to throw away a relationship over it is a little silly in my opinion. We've spoken about him seeing a female dom but I'm not sure if I'm entirely 100% comfortable with it. On one hand, it could cause problems and eventually end us, on the other it may make him happy he gets what he wants and I could possibly deal with that.

TL;DR: I am uncomfortable and feel awkward when my boyfriend asks me to use a strap-on on him. It feels like a chore as I get nothing out of it but he enjoys it so much. Am I selfish for not meeting him halfway as he does with me because I like things he does not.

Get a double ended dildo and let him blast his own rear end while you ride it facing the opposite direction and yell speed commands at him. Problem solved.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Necklace stepmom is doing nothing wrong. Step daughter is probably going to be lovely to her for at least another five years because she's just a lovely teenager. Necklace stepmom should give the necklace to someone less fortunate so she doesn't have it to give back. Dad is on step mom's side and maybe the child will learn some manners.

I don't understand the question with also-a-sub-girl. She and her partner aren't sexually compatible, so they should break up. "Should I resign to a lifetime of sexual activities that do nothing for me, or should my partner?" I suppose it's not EASY to break up with someone over this, but the solution seems simple. "I don't want to break up over something as silly as complete sexual incompatibility but I also don't want him to see anyone else so." Whoever breaks up first here is the kinder person.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Power Khan posted:

It denies her bully closure but not even in a super horrible way, I don't get what the big deal is.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
i mean

she was, indisputably, an rear end in a top hat

but sometimes it's okay to be an rear end in a top hat

AITA should have an "rear end in a top hat, but justified" option

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Or she can just buy some sex toys and stay in a relationship that is apparently quite fine outside of the bedroom :shrug:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

If you legit can't forgive your bully, which is valid, pretending you don't remember them is a great way to just sidestep the entire conversation and potential shitshow that would result from going 'I can't ever forgive you'. Like hopefully she's genuinely changed but how many stories have we read where someone is honest and then gets a bunch of harassment?

Like, I don't get what the non-rear end in a top hat option would have been. Lying in a different way? Brutal honesty?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

IDK if my perception was skewed because I was bullied all through k-12 and most strongly in middle school but I also barely remember middle school at all, and not just because of it being over a decade ago. Like, when I was in high school I barely remembered middle school, and I'm p sure the bullying factored into it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There is, in reddits eyes, no non-rear end in a top hat option here short of immediately getting on her knees and groveling to *her* for being such a good target for bullying all those years.

Basically Reddit is poo poo and the people who post in r/relationships are diarrhetic poo poo. Any semblance of showing that you have a spine automatically makes you the rear end in a top hat, because you should have been the bigger person and just let the bully walk all over you again for old times sake.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There is, in reddits eyes, no non-rear end in a top hat option here short of immediately getting on her knees and groveling to *her* for being such a good target for bullying all those years.

Basically Reddit is poo poo and the people who post in r/relationships are diarrhetic poo poo. Any semblance of showing that you have a spine automatically makes you the rear end in a top hat, because you should have been the bigger person and just let the bully walk all over you again for old times sake.
Yeah I get that, but there's people in this thread who aren't like that going 'rear end in a top hat but justified', and tbh it just seems to me like a really good way to bounce out of an awkward emotional conversation that isn't going to lead to closure for either of them. Like glad bully had figured out she was a little poo poo but she's got to deal with that guilt with her therapist, not with the person who bounced out of town 13 years ago because of her bullying.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The kid from the story a few (?) weeks back who told the terminally ill bully he didn’t forgive her should have just pretended not to recognize her, obviously.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Bully isn't owed closure any more than they're owed forgiveness. Maybe eventually her victim will feel like forgiving her. Today wasn't that day.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

Mom [44F] got me [16M] sweatpants for Xmas and we’re discussing my dick print

Mom [44F] thinks I [16M] may have a micropenis

I feel gross reading this because you can tell the author was jerking off while they were fabricating it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

xtal posted:

I feel gross reading this because you can tell the author was jerking off while they were fabricating it

the tiniest stroke reveals the most about the author

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Clearly the answer is bullies shouldn't feel remorse for any poo poo they did as kids and just lean in as an adult because anything else is pathetic weakness

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I hope someone on reddit told the double sub couple what a feeldoe is. Won't solve whatever emotional mess they're in but she'll like pegging a lot more.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LethalGeek posted:

I hope someone on reddit told the double sub couple what a feeldoe is. Won't solve whatever emotional mess they're in but she'll like pegging a lot more.

It’s what you do at a petting zoo.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Asking for forgivness is actually kind of a lovely thing to do in the first place. You can say you're sorry, you can and should acknowledge what you did wrong, but the final "could you find it in your heart to forgive me?" is total poo poo.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

"You forgive the other person for their sake, not yours"

and

"Holding onto anger and pain is like drinking poison and expecting your tormenter to die"

These saying are so ancient I'm pretty sure they predate Rome.

----

Eventually yeah, she should let go and forgive. She's clearly not ready and is under no obligation to. Not doing so and being petty about posting her moment of triumph absolutely makes her an rear end in a top hat. She's not a bully for being spiteful, and her tormentor definitely deserves the pain. All of these things can be simultaneously true and more.

I've never understood this kind of thinking, the deepities you quoted notwithstanding. It's perfectly possible to get over something like this and then not say "yes" to the person if they come up and say "but hey we're cool right?" years later.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

thatguy posted:

Clearly the answer is bullies shouldn't feel remorse for any poo poo they did as kids and just lean in as an adult because anything else is pathetic weakness
That's definitely not what I said.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Not what I said either. If you were a bully, you made someone elses life a living hell. You don't get to, years later, decide "hey it wasn't that bad, we good now?". You aren't owed forgiveness or closure by the people you tormented :shrug: Especially if that someone was someone you were close friends with before. Shouldn't've been a bully, then, I guess!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

Asking for forgivness is actually kind of a lovely thing to do in the first place. You can say you're sorry, you can and should acknowledge what you did wrong, but the final "could you find it in your heart to forgive me?" is total poo poo.
It is. You apologize. Forgiveness for your transgressions comes from another, and you may not get it and you may not deserve it.

The Moon Monster posted:

I've never understood this kind of thinking, the deepities you quoted notwithstanding. It's perfectly possible to get over something like this and then not say "yes" to the person if they come up and say "but hey we're cool right?" years later.
Oh of course, but when that happens you don't run to the internet to post about the sick :iceburn: you laid down on your former tormentor. People who are "over it" don't usually do that, speaking from firsthand experience there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my sister she deserved to get fired because she spent all her time at work on Instagram?

My sister got let go from her job as an HR admin 3 months ago and she has been looking for a job.

I was hoping she would use this time for self reflection however instead she was talking about how the world is unfair, and how the company screws over its workers.

The reality is that when she was working she would constantly be tagging me in memes on Instagram and I am pretty sure too she would spend a lot of time online shopping. I pointed it out to her and she got extremely mad and called me a corporate boot locker. I told her if she hired a plumber and he spent his time on Instagram she wouldn’t be too happy to be paying him either.

Long story short, I supposedly ruined the New Years party my mom was crying. Now I’m seen as the big rear end in a top hat in all of this. I was trying to help her out so she would be more productive and not get let go from her job. But instead I am seen as the rear end in a top hat.