Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

fyallm posted:

Now I'm thirsty:

Blantons is one of my favorite bourbons of all time and I got to meet the people that bottle it on the line and they gave me one of the horses at the top because I said it was the only one I was missing. One of my old roommates stole my horses from me when he moved out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

mobby_6kl posted:

This is kind of pre-purchase. Do most shipping services in the US drop your stuff on the porch nowadays? I want to order some stuff and have it delivered to a friend who for a month is staying at a house in Miami. But there's a good chance there won't be anyone there to receive it, and there's no mailbox (I guess there might be a slot in the door?). What they do here is either attempt the delivery again or make you go to the post office/depot and pick it up yourself. Which I don't want him to do since he's currently getting around on a loving scooter.

In general yes, most will just leave thepackage. You can look for options that require a signature or allow you to instruct them to e.g. deliver to a neighbor.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Varies from carrier to carrier but you may be able to ship to the nearest hub or customer service center for "hold for pick up."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
And a Serrano ham for my office assistant. 🍖

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Solice Kirsk posted:

Blantons is one of my favorite bourbons of all time and I got to meet the people that bottle it on the line and they gave me one of the horses at the top because I said it was the only one I was missing. One of my old roommates stole my horses from me when he moved out.

That roomate sounds like a dick.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

fyallm posted:

Now I'm thirsty:

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

beanieson posted:

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

I did good? Paid wayyyyy touch for the blantons, but it was for the gfs dad. Went to like 15 liquor stors.

I'm excited to try all of these (only tried the 1792 before).

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

fyallm posted:

I did good? Paid wayyyyy touch for the blantons, but it was for the gfs dad. Went to like 15 liquor stors.

I'm excited to try all of these (only tried the 1792 before).

Let’s hang so I can try some of that Makers limited release.

I promise I won’t drink half the bottle and do a Sméagol impression in front of your loved ones.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Rolo posted:

Let’s hang so I can try some of that Makers limited release.

I promise I won’t drink half the bottle and do a Sméagol impression in front of your loved ones.

LoL. A buddy told me about it and I made the place i over paid for the blantons give me a discount on it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
There’s a Steam sale on, so I got two games I wouldn’t pay $15 apiece for but $3 was an easy sell. Gone Home was one of my favorite games of the last few years, and I’ve wanted to play I Am Bread since I saw Justin and Griffin McElroy play it for Polygon.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Bought a tumi alpha 3 business class brief while taking a poo poo on a vacation (corp benefits email came in offering it at like half price). Just arrived and I'm stoked

(pic not mine)

I have a goruck gr0 that I travel with and two things always annoyed me - the lack of any airflow at all through the back padding (meaning my back gets sweaty real quick even in cool climates), and how it didn't have a pass through for a spinner handle so it could sit securely on a my carry on like the tumi shoulder briefs I use for work. I'd sorta cross the shoulder straps over the handle and have the backpack kind of hang loosely off it, which looks stupid and is prone to spinning on the handle and toppling the whole stack over when I've got a bunch of heavy poo poo like laptop / tablet / camera in the goruck. The tumi solves both of these problems excellently, though I wouldn't spend full retail on it given how fucky their warranty and service quality is reputed to be

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT has a new favorite as of 12:23 on Dec 25, 2019

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

TraderStav posted:

Post the dogs insta

Rip doesn’t have insta, but here’s a pic of her with the other new table. We went with a small one again for the basement instead of the big one.

And an extra bonus

Imperador do Brasil has a new favorite as of 13:10 on Dec 25, 2019

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Rip doesn’t have insta, but here’s a pic of her with the other new table. We went with a small one again for the basement instead of the big one.

And an extra bonus

That's one smug rear end good girl.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
drat fine dog.

drat fine.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Your basement couch looks comfy. Is it comfy? Do they make it in gray?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Solice Kirsk posted:

Your basement couch looks comfy. Is it comfy? Do they make it in gray?

It’s pretty comfy. We have had it for probably 8 years so I dunno if they still make it, never mind in grey. My older son chooses to sleep on it rather than his bed a lot of the time.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

The Prong Song posted:

I'm just gonna take this opportunity to shill for Joeveo again. You can have a problem with their lids, or not like the sleeves, but they're still IMO the best travel mug there is, for the simple fact that they near-instantly cool your hot beverage to a great drinkable temp, and then keep it that temp for ages. Not just vacuum-insulated, they use a waxy phase-change material in the mug walls to store the thermal energy. Yeah, $40 ain't $9, but man they work great at keeping your stuff hot for a long time.

So I bookmarked this when you posted about them and bought one for my wife for christmas as this is her chief complaint when taking coffee to go - It's either too hot to drink for too long, or it cools down too fast and winds up tepid. Sadly the lid leaks so I'm returning it. I don't see how their lid could ever seal up with that metal tab to close it. Unfortunately $9 target specials have that figured out, so a $43 mug should definitely have that basic design down.

(She also posts so I didn't want to comment here until she saw it. :v: )

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not really a purchase, but my dad gave me my great grandpa's pocket watch for Xmas. My dad bought it for him back in the 70's. My great grandpa gave it to my granddad when he died, and then he gave it to my dad before he died. Guess I need to have a son real quick so I can pass the thing on again.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not really a purchase, but my dad gave me my great grandpa's pocket watch for Xmas. My dad bought it for him back in the 70's. My great grandpa gave it to my granddad when he died, and then he gave it to my dad before he died. Guess I need to have a son real quick so I can pass the thing on again.

Hello, little man. Boy, I sure heard a bunch about you. See, I was a good friend of your dad’s. We were in that Hanoi pit of hell together over five years. Hopefully, you’ll never have to experience this yourself, but when two men are in a situation like me and your Dad were, for as long as we were, you take on certain responsibilities of the other. If it had been me who had not made it, Major Coolidge would be talking right now to my son Jim. But the way it turned out is I’m talking to you, Butch. I got something for you.
This watch I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the first World War. It was bought in a little general store in Knoxville, Tennessee. Made by the first company to ever make wrist watches. Up till then people just carried pocket watches. It was bought by private Doughboy Ernie Coolidge on the day he set sail for Paris. It was your great-grandfather’s war watch and he wore it every day he was in that war. When he had done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the watch off, put it an old coffee can, and in that can it stayed until your granddad Dane Coolidge was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they called it World War II. Your great-grandfather gave this watch to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane’s luck wasn’t as good as his old man’s. Dane was a Marine and he was killed, along with the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. Your granddad was facing death, he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leaving that island alive. So three days before the Japanese took the island, your granddad asked a gunner on an Air Force transport name of Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he’d never seen in the flesh, his gold watch. Three days later, your granddad was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his dad’s gold watch.
This watch. This watch was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it’d be confiscated, taken away. The way your dad looked at it, that watch was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His rear end. Five long years, he wore this watch up his rear end. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my rear end two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Bought a tumi alpha 3 business class brief while taking a poo poo on a vacation (corp benefits email came in offering it at like half price). Just arrived and I'm stoked

Ooh, that’s a good buy! Tumi is some amazing quality poo poo, I’ve got a laptop briefcase and it’s absurd how heavy duty the zips are. Plus the serialized and registered luggage is nice if airports ever lose it.

Nice! I am bread is a good laugh, definitely worth the sale price

For content, bought a bulldozer Lego set so I could build the Killdozer :3:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

OSU_Matthew posted:

:lol:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

:911:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I hosed up and ordered this. It's region B (US is region A). It's only available on DVD for North Americans. So if anyone has a -Region B- Bluray player and wants to watch this (it looks very good, watch the trailer) I'll ship it to you. Or if anyone has a work-around so I can watch this, let me know. I don't have a BD-Rom so I can't mess with it that way.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Have you googled if there are instructions on how to make your bluray player region free? Sometimes that's a thing and it can be as simple as 'enter this for digit code while in this menu'.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?

Got this in the mail today. Been aiming to buy 1 of these a week in hardcover until I have the series finished. Got delayed and didn't buy any in early December thanks to Christmas, but now I'm back on track.

Waiting on this to come in the mail tomorrow. Been using one of the older stickerless speedcubes for a long time, figured I was due for an upgrade finally. :toot: Read great things about this one.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

On the left is the real Pietrangelo Blue Banner stanley cup champs jersey my brother got me for XMas. On the right is an absolutely real looking Binnington stanley cup champs "knockoff" from China that I got for $20.

Super happy with both. I honestly can't tell if the adidas Binnington jersey is fake or not. It looks 100% real.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

colas posted:

I hosed up and ordered this. It's region B (US is region A). It's only available on DVD for North Americans. So if anyone has a -Region B- Bluray player and wants to watch this (it looks very good, watch the trailer) I'll ship it to you. Or if anyone has a work-around so I can watch this, let me know. I don't have a BD-Rom so I can't mess with it that way.

If you have a bd-rom in your computer you might be able to makemkv it into a decrypted file.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

On the left is the real Pietrangelo Blue Banner stanley cup champs jersey my brother got me for XMas. On the right is an absolutely real looking Binnington stanley cup champs "knockoff" from China that I got for $20.

Super happy with both. I honestly can't tell if the adidas Binnington jersey is fake or not. It looks 100% real.

More like Winnington :respek:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Bought the Lego Statue of Liberty:

Figure it won’t be long till lego retires it, because that’s what they do with good stuff.

Also bought an Air BnB for Chicago here in a few weeks, near wicker park. Super geeked to get back there, this time gonna do the stupid big Starbucks and McDonald’s HQ international foods (it’s important to dream big). Might hit up one of the museums if there are any really compelling exhibitions at the moment, but we spent almost the entirely of the last two trips making the museum rounds so I’m thinking it’s time to branch out a bit.

I have no idea why I keep visiting Chicago in the winter though... I’ve only been wanting to do the architectural boat trip for like three years now.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Chicago = pinball. Do lots of that. Tour the Stern factory.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I bought a sack of weed. Also I’m a huge World of Warships fan (console version) and I picked up the USS Boise and it’s a real blast. I know people roll their eyes at spending money on a f2p game but wargaming uses a lot of those funds to do incredible amounts of historical research and has actually changed some ideas about ships and tanks that were once thought of as common wisdomq

Julius CSAR has a new favorite as of 21:28 on Jan 1, 2020

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

djfooboo posted:

Chicago = pinball. Do lots of that. Tour the Stern factory.

Oh cool! Thanks, I’m adding it to my list! Always looking for me and exciting things to see while we’re in town, very much appreciate the input!

That reminds me to see if I can get Wait Wait tix while I’m there...

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

OSU_Matthew posted:

Ooh, that’s a good buy! Tumi is some amazing quality poo poo, I’ve got a laptop briefcase and it’s absurd how heavy duty the zips are. Plus the serialized and registered luggage is nice if airports ever lose it.

Nice! I am bread is a good laugh, definitely worth the sale price

Man, I don't wanna be that guy but if you haven't seen it, watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvl_7_Up7zU

dude wasn't a 'man pushed too far by an uncaring faceless bureaucracy', he was rear end in a top hat who made lovely decisions and couldn't bear to take responsibility for the consequences, despite people bending over backward to accommodate him.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Serak posted:

Man, I don't wanna be that guy but if you haven't seen it, watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvl_7_Up7zU

dude wasn't a 'man pushed too far by an uncaring faceless bureaucracy', he was rear end in a top hat who made lovely decisions and couldn't bear to take responsibility for the consequences, despite people bending over backward to accommodate him.

Yeah, I have no doubt the guy was an absolute asshat. I’ve only ever heard of the perspective that some other guy cut off access to his business and it was the ongoing feud between them and a few people in city government that caused him to snap, so I appreciate the link!

At the very least, Marvin was the only real casualty of the whole thing so it’s still funny in my book. Though that might have been by good luck rather than intent.

Anyways, for content bought a couple of tickets to beerfest later this month!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

mystes posted:

lesbians

"They get so much done in a day." -KITH

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Zeratanis posted:

Got this in the mail today. Been aiming to buy 1 of these a week in hardcover until I have the series finished. Got delayed and didn't buy any in early December thanks to Christmas, but now I'm back on track.

If you have a 2nd and Charles near you check them out, I got a full set eventually from them for <$10 each, some as low as $3.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

It could be the lighting but that knockoff looks awful. It's funny because Fanatics jerseys are really really close to being cheap chinese knockoffs themselves.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I'm getting more Zebra Sarasa Grand pens.

I love these things.I impulse bought one a couple months ago and everyone who's tried it loves it too. Writes really smooth, doesn't smear even though I'm left handed. There's no grip for me to fiddle with and eventually ruin. It has a nice heft to it too.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Am I missing something about traveling to Chicago to eat at McDonald's and Starbucks?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

McDonald's is where you go if you wanna rock!

Rock and Roll McDonald's!
Rock and Roll McDonald's!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Guilty posted:

Am I missing something about traveling to Chicago to eat at McDonald's and Starbucks?

Nope, not really. McDonald’s has their HQ there and different global menu items in their cafeteria. Figure it would be fun to try. Same with the Starbucks reserve, it’s stupid big and the only other ones are NY and Seattle.

There’s a buncha other places we’re planning on visiting too, such as Lou’s, revolution brewing, Portillos, Tre Kronor, little goat, etc, but haven’t done the other stuff so I’m excited to try it out :)