Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

depends on the type of belt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for warning my neighbor about his wife?

OP posted:

I wouldn’t want my wife to be hanging around with unrelated men while I’m at work. I’m not sure if you think that’s “poisonous” but that’s how affairs start.

A Sane Person posted:

.......literally no. Have you ever been in any relationship? Do you honestly think all it takes for a woman to cheat is being in proximity to an unrelated man? Bruh. You’ve gotta be kidding.

OP posted:

I haven’t been in a long term relationship.

Somehow, i dont think this guy will ever get into a long-term relationship

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

high waisted jeans are slutty?

Anything is slutty if you want it to be.

But yeah certain cuts are A++ for butts.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
its like minecraft right? If you put the villagers together soon there will baby!!

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA? I got mad because my sister bailed on my wedding. It's in 2 days and she's the Maid of Honour.

quote:

I'm getting married on the 4th. Not ideal and it's been a pain to organise but my fiance's family are from another country so we needed to do it while they were all here. We planned a child friendly wedding as my siblings both have kids. My brother has 2 girls and my sister has a son. My nephew has social anxiety disorder, has been diagnosed and is in therapy (something to do with his dad). He's 9 and the anxiety is pretty bad, and manifests in tantrums and crying, so I planned a child friendly wedding knowing my sister had no one to leave him with.

Today my fiance came to me and said that his family, who we had planned the entire thing around, don't want kids at the wedding. They're all over 18, they want to drink, and "not have to worry about brats running around" (his dad's exact words) and they were threatening to not come. I felt backed into a corner and posted in the siblings group chat "the in laws are saying they don't want kids there + saying they won't come. can y'all sort something else out?"

After a couple minutes my brother said his wife offered to look after my nieces. I thanked him. My sister then said "is there any way I can still bring him? I'll stay with & make sure he behaves." My brother then said "if [nephew] can come then I want [nieces] back in, [sister in law] is upset she's missing it". I then said "no, no kids, in laws are getting lovely about it."

My sister says "I've got no one to leave [nephew] with so I'm really sorry and I'll see you when you get back from honeymoon".

I got really mad because it's in 2 days and my sister is now bailing on me so I reply "babysitter, neighbour, BF?" She says that he isn't comfortable enough to be babysat by someone, he's pissed off or weirded out the neighbours with his tantrums and anxiety, and he's not comfortable enough with her boyfriend to leave the two of them alone, and she's sorry she can't make it but if I'm doing child free then she can't go.

I say "I can't believe you're missing my wedding because your kid is antisocial" and she replied "I can't believe you're changing the plan last minute when you know I can't leave him with someone." Then she says "I'm staying home. @ [brother] if you can drop [nieces] here then I can watch them while [sister in law] goes with you, but [nephew] needs to be with me."

I say "are you loving kidding me? It's not my call to get rid of the kids so IDK why your making me feel like poo poo for it. I'm getting married in 2 days, and if it's between the kids and the in laws, then in laws win." Sister says "fair enough, your day, but we've clearly got diff. priorities" and then went offline.

I've not said anything since. I'm annoyed because this isn't my choice, it's my in laws who are being weird about having kids there. Brother took my sister up on her offer so now he and my sister in law are coming, but not my actual sister. I just want the day to go smoothly and instead they're having a go at me.

AITA?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA? I got mad because my sister bailed on my wedding. It's in 2 days and she's the Maid of Honour.

An entire family of the worst people.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

DemoneeHo posted:

Her post has been up for 2 hours and already has 150 comments uniformly calling her the rear end in a top hat. 2020 starting off strong for Reddit!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DemoneeHo posted:

I hate the OP and her in laws to be honest. If you don't feel comfortable drinking around kids then you are drinking WAY too much to be at a wedding. Just have a couple glasses of wine, don't get shitfaced. And if you as a guest think it's OK to dictate whether children are allowed or if alcohol is served, you are a gigantic rear end in a top hat.

If you as the bride think you need to kowtow to that kind of thing you are a pushover. If you think that it is appropriate to make that kind of change last minute, you are also a gigantic rear end in a top hat.

I can't fault the parents for not wanting to make last minute changes. They thought they had this covered.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

xtal posted:

It's not an enormous lie at all, they can change their mind the next time they're over, just like they did this time. They would officially be an rear end in a top hat once there was a fake pregnancy and fake baby shower.

I suppose the size of the lie is debatable, but it's still pretty awful to lie to your partner's parents about an element of your relationship with that partner without talking about it first. I don't necessarily have a problem with lying to grandbaby-obsessed parents if it keeps the peace.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

therobit posted:

drinking WAY too much to be at a wedding.
No such thing.

Unless it's your wedding and you're too drunk to walk down the aisle. Even then, your best man should have that covered.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Rent-A-Cop posted:

No such thing.

Unless it's your wedding and you're too drunk to walk down the aisle. Even then, your best man should have that covered.

If you're too drunk to be around kids you are roo drunk to be at a social event that isn't "let's all get hammered because this is a frat house rager."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Motherfucker posted:

Sister seems ok. Everyone else sucks and they should have told the family to cram it unless they want to pay the cost of the open bar + venue.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Yeah getting blacked at weddings is serious loser poo poo and gently caress the wife for shunting all the kids that quickly

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

therobit posted:

If you're too drunk to be around kids you are roo drunk to be at a social event that isn't "let's all get hammered because this is a frat house rager."
Kids are basically already drunk because they have dumb brains, so I don't see why I shouldn't try to drink to their level.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

therobit posted:

If you're too drunk to be around kids

Again, no such thing.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professorjuggalo posted:

Yeah getting blacked at a wedding

berth ell pup?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Weddings are a good time to expose children to the lesson on what alcohol does to you and jesus son can you really believe that speech the best man did? totally inappropriate are you even listening to me? fine you can go dance just don't get behind people

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

DemoneeHo posted:

quote:

It's my fiance's dad who's getting weird about kids. It's a really small wedding and the only people invited who have kids under 18 are my siblings. Brother has asked my sister if she can watch nieces so now my brother and sister in law are coming but not my actual sister.

He sees them once a year in the Christmas/New Years window of time, which is why we planned the wedding for now, and outside of that they don't factor in, it's just because we've gone out of our way to make sure his family are comfortable that we don't want them to change their minds over kids.

No clue what they're like while drunk but they're also saying that they don't trust the kids to be quiet during the ceremony so they don't want them at the ceremony or reception.

The only people bringing kids are my brother and sister, so no one else would have needed to sort anything out, and when we were growing up mum literally gave the next door neighbour's kid a tenner to do her homework at our place while we were in bed, it's about 10 seconds to find someone. We planned this wedding so his family, who he only sees in person once a year, could come. We didn't want them bailing at the last minute. I can see my family any time, they're only a 2 hour drive away, his family are here for 2 weeks a year, if that.

We're paying for everything

they've planned their entire wedding around his family's every whim and last minute demands because otherwise they won't go, which is resulting in her sister being unable to go, and her sister is the bad guy here

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Licarn posted:

they've planned their entire wedding around his family's every whim and last minute demands because otherwise they won't go, which is resulting in her sister being unable to go, and her sister is the bad guy here

LOL her marriage is gonna be hell if this is how they are starting out.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Motherfucker posted:

Eh. I mean the sister even offers to babysit the other kids to facilitate other family members making it, so she's probably alright.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

Bride and groom's family are huge assholes and they deserve each other.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

BONGHITZ posted:

gently caress my daughter like *this*

In Europe this is very normal.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Rubellavator posted:

high waisted jeans are also called mom jeans, and you know what moms do

They gently caress

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

I feel like hubby and wife handled this weirdly. What did you do today honey? Had lunch with cousin. Oh cool. The end.

That's my thought too. The gently caress? Get divorced now cause you're fighting over the stupidest poo poo already

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

There's been some doozies today. Lets see first we have mr trying to tank a marriage for no good reason though I liked the get that married dick angle. Then we have crazy in laws who respond to the tiniest permission to act out their very unhealthy demands for grandchildren and get defended by some ignorant mother fuckers ITT who should be able to read between the lines better at this point. I don't even know what to make of the wedding story :psyduck:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for ruining Christmas & NYE because I was removed from my mom and dad's wills?

Huge Petra Energy

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Rubellavator posted:

heh hehh hey baby i bet them jeans go aaaaaaaaaaallllll the way up. to your neck. because you are an armless torsoless head perched precariously atop a pair of sexy legs. yeah baby!!!!!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

love those high riding thongs that come up over the top of the hip

everyone knows it's sexy as hell to have that "turkey leg" look

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

"Excuse me" I say to the room full of extended family as I prepare myself to start packing their things for the next 2 hours, so that I can then dramatically throw their stuff in a pile

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
wow, so that's what it looks like when they go all the way up

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Absolute filth

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Kids are basically already drunk because they have dumb brains, so I don't see why I shouldn't try to drink to their level.

sorry pal, but its still illegal even if you're as drunk as the kid

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Where can I buy this tit belt?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Imagine wearing this at a urinal.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Imagine wearing this at a urinal.

utility jumpsuits designed for men to use usually have 2 zippers, one at the bottom of the crotch, and one at the top of the chest so that you can zip up from the crotch to urinate, or zip down to get out. I imagine things would work similarly here

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Her parents should have raised her like she raised those pants

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

QuarkJets posted:

Where can I buy this tit belt?

Available now at an anime near you.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

utility jumpsuits designed for men to use usually have 2 zippers, one at the bottom of the crotch, and one at the top of the chest so that you can zip up from the crotch to urinate, or zip down to get out. I imagine things would work similarly here

You fool, I don’t think you get women’s clothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

teen witch posted:

You fool, I don’t think you get women’s clothing.

I... don't think a woman would wear that at a urinal.