Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Get that pro streamer Ninja to coach the team. He thinks kicking is super easy so get him in as head coach and you're bound to hit 100% of your kicks.

Twitch Plays The Cleveland Browns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Twitch Plays The Cleveland Browns.

This would lead to the browns being better than at least half of the teams in the league

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

seiferguy posted:

Get that pro streamer Ninja to coach the team. He thinks kicking is super easy so get him in as head coach and you're bound to hit 100% of your kicks.

Nagy would be ashamed of himself seeing the stable of kickers Ninja would keep around

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

gently caress I love that part of the official line is Dorsey had to be fired because his vision didn't mesh with Depodesta

https://twitter.com/KeithBritton86/status/1212781333820391424

7-9
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I'm still trying to grasp how a grown adult baby is going to handle strong personalities like Baker, OBJ and Landry. The Browns deserve everything that happens to them. Move them to St. Louis

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think Ditka is still alive. Another candidate to toss onto the pile!

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
The Miz is a Browns fan. Hire the Miz. Make his OC/DC be people from his MTV challenge days. OC Johnny Bananas should mesh well with Baker Mayfield

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Twitch Plays Browns Coach

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Jesus loving Christ, it's after 12pm Central time, is Garrett loving fired yet?!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I hope Urbz goes to the Browns and they Browns up his career.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

From beneath the floorboards, Jerry Jones hears the tell-tale clapping of hands.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

7-9 posted:

Donald Trump can coach the Browns after he's impeached

Someone didn't pay attention during civics class.

"Impeach" means "to accuse," not to remove. Articles of impeachment have already passed. He just hasn't had his trial yet.

7-9
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Timby posted:

Someone didn't pay attention during civics class.

"Impeach" means "to accuse," not to remove. Articles of impeachment have already passed. He just hasn't had his trial yet.
ok boomer

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Apparently Garrett’s contract doesn’t officially expire until the 14th so we could have 12 more days of this :negative:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Apparently Garrett’s contract doesn’t officially expire until the 14th so we could have 12 more days of this :negative:

"We have signed Jason Garrett to a two-week extension to continue to evaluate his status with the team"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

DariusLikewise posted:

"We have signed Jason Garrett to a two-week extension to continue to evaluate his status with the team"

jason garrett is the exact kind of spineless dummy who’d agree to a year-to-year contract situation until he wins 12 games and jerry can extend him for longer

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Declan MacManus posted:

jason garrett is the exact kind of spineless dummy who’d agree to a year-to-year contract situation until he wins 12 games and jerry can extend him for longer

I know this is a joke but it actually sounds like a great deal for Garrett. If Jerry always gives him another year then why not just keep taking it? It's not like he's a running back who will be legally dead by 28.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1212811559627624457?s=20

That's 2 Haslams
1 baseball guy
1 Haslam son in law
1 mid level football executive

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I will enjoy every second of it OP.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

colachute posted:

I hope Urbz goes to the Browns and they Browns up his career.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1212812579174830083

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The final loving kicker

https://twitter.com/KeithBritton86/status/1212813770503999490?s=20

If this sounds familiar that's because it's the structure we used with Farmer/Pettine and Hue/Sashi. He's without question the worst owner

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

shyduck posted:

Twitch Plays Browns Coach

Baker Mayfield:
START
BENCH
START
BENCH
START
BENCH
TRADE

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The final loving kicker

If this sounds familiar that's because it's the structure we used with Farmer/Pettine and Hue/Sashi. He's without question the worst owner

Jets have this same moronic structure.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The final loving kicker

I'd bail if I were Dorsey too. What a loving clownshow.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Haslam should just do a Jerry and make himself GM at this point

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mcmagic posted:

Jets have this same moronic structure.

The Packers had the cap guy, the GM, *and* McCarthy all report equally to Murphy. It was dumb.

I think that structure went away after McCarthy was fired, now LaFleur reports to Gutekunst. Not sure about Ball though.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Haslam should just do a Jerry and make himself GM at this point

Can't do that, he needs scapegoats

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Haslam really, really believes in his own football smarts, huh?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Haslam really, really believes in his own football smarts, huh?

Well you can clearly see the results in.... *waves hands and looks around*

How can we the people reach out to him to have some sense...I mean I know he’s a billionaire and he’s got that diseased mind but eh gently caress it I can’t even muster a care

Nov 6, 2002

Wasn't he part owner of the Steelers before buying the Browns? Perhaps in his mind he conflates some of their success with himself.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yep he was brought up in the ways of NFL ownership by the Rooney's.

Dude 100% believes he's the solution to any problem despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary.

Nov 6, 2002

It's kinda funny cause the previous owner was renowned for not being involved enough to the point where he didn't even attend NFL meetings.

Remember Mike Holmgren, Browns President? lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Wasnt the Panthers new owner also part of the Steelers ownership group?

Someone should look into this

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I'm starting to think the Texans have it right. Fire the front office and move on, with no one.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The final loving kicker

Ah, the Jets org structure. The paradigm for competent management.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
There's nothing wrong with the coach and GM being peers, and plenty of good teams are run that way. Org charts only matter if it's important to be able to pull rank, and if that's the only way your coach and GM can work together, things are already hosed up. Honestly, if there's going to be a hierarchy, it makes a lot more sense for the coach to be in charge than the GM; the coach's vision for the team is deeper and more important than the GM's, and they understand more what the team needs in terms of personnel.

Your lovely teams are lovely because the owners suck and make terrible decisions, not because of the org chart.

Nov 6, 2002

rjmccall posted:

There's nothing wrong with the coach and GM being peers, and plenty of good teams are run that way. Org charts only matter if it's important to be able to pull rank, and if that's the only way your coach and GM can work together, things are already hosed up. Honestly, if there's going to be a hierarchy, it makes a lot more sense for the coach to be in charge than the GM; the coach's vision for the team is deeper and more important than the GM's, and they understand more what the team needs in terms of personnel.

Your lovely teams are lovely because the owners suck and make terrible decisions, not because of the org chart.

It can work, but the problem with the GM and HC being equals is that it requires an involved owner who can make smart football decisions. There are not many owners like this. Clearly Haslam isn't one, despite what he may think. I believe in general it's better for the owner to delegate his power to another person who is well versed in football and stay relatively hands off. Whether that designated person is a GM, a HC or a "President of Operations" type is irrelevant.

I think there could be a movement in the next decade to usurp power from the GM and give it to the HC. It certainly seems to be the way many new hires are trending (Gruden, BoB, etc) and the most successful team of the last two decades had this configuration.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 2, 2020

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Gatts posted:

Well you can clearly see the results in.... *waves hands and looks around*

How can we the people reach out to him to have some sense...I mean I know he’s a billionaire and he’s got that diseased mind but eh gently caress it I can’t even muster a care

traditionally he takes football advice from the homeless so maybe slip a wino $50 to yell “sell the team” at him

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also seems weird to say that immediately when you got rid of Dorsey specifically to make the HC position more enticing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

a neat cape posted:

Wasnt the Panthers new owner also part of the Steelers ownership group?

Someone should look into this

Yup, Tepper was a minority owner before buying the Panthers.