Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers
Mar 16, 2007

it's all fucking lewds

duck trucker posted:

Toothpaste too minty. Cant brush

I absolutely despise mint, and the solution to this was using cinnamon toothpaste. It got harder to find so now I buy vanilla toothpaste online. It's supposed to be to get kids to brush their teeth, but the comments are full of adults like me that hate mint but are still normal people that want to brush our teeth. Oh my god take care of your teeth, there are so many solutions to any problems with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I hate cinnamon flavoring even more than mint toothpaste, which is why I do jasmine. It tempers the mintyness a lot.

Marvis makes a Royal flavor I want to try. It's mint, lemon oil, mandarin, and rose extract.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Heh you corporate tools with your decadent capitalist toothpastes. I only brush my teeth with charcoal from burning all my government documents because I live completely off the grid.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Rosalind posted:

Heh you corporate tools with your decadent capitalist toothpastes. I only brush my teeth with charcoal from burning all my government documents because I live completely off the grid.

Ah ha, they gotcha. All gov docs are printed with chemtrail ink. Now it's inside you :tinfoil:

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I use a ginger flavored toothpaste. It owns. But mint is fine. Huge lol at "she's trying to change me!" Where did people get the idea that it's some crime to ask their partner for basic hygiene and compassion. She should change him into a single person.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You can buy Indian herbal toothpaste if you don't like mint. It's pretty disgusting imo but ymmv

Also I'm pretty sure the original toothpaste was literally baking soda, if you don't scrub super hard you'll be fine.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Flowers posted:

I absolutely despise mint, and the solution to this was using cinnamon toothpaste. It got harder to find so now I buy vanilla toothpaste online. It's supposed to be to get kids to brush their teeth, but the comments are full of adults like me that hate mint but are still normal people that want to brush our teeth. Oh my god take care of your teeth, there are so many solutions to any problems with it.

I used to buy vanilla, but I was no longer able to find the Crest vanilla toothpaste at the store, so I just use a milder, more liquid toothpaste instead.

I really should buy some vanilla stuff online. I was amazed when I first found vanilla toothpaste because literally every single toothpaste I had ever seen in a store was mint. I neglected taking care of my teeth as a teenager because most toothpastes made me gag.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Children's bubblegum toothpaste owns and I will fight about it

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Dr Bronner's soap goes on/in all parts of me

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Guy could even use meat-flavored toothpaste for dogs if he wanted something savoury.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Dr Bronner's soap goes on/in all parts of me

All One!

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Accidentally “stole” donuts from a break room. Suspended without pay.

quote:

Asking for a friend. Here’s the rundown...

Friend works for major corporation in a warehouse on 3rd shift (7pm-3am). Yesterday he went into work and noticed 4 boxes of donuts left in the break room. The boxes were open, the donuts had clearly been out for a while, donuts were missing, etc. Seeing this, he assumed the donuts were provided by management and had been left out for his shift to finish up. He took 2 and ate them for lunch.

Today he gets called into work and is sat down by his manager and HR and they suspend him without pay while they investigate an accusation of theft against him. They have video of him “stealing” donuts which apparently belonged to a specific individual. Stealing...donuts...seriously...

At any rate, he explains that he thought the donuts were provided by management for working over the holidays (frequent occurrence) and that he’d be happy to pay for the donuts he mistakingly ate. They did not accept this offer and told him he would be on unpaid suspension until their investigation was complete.

Important to note that he is on the last shift of the day and management frequently buys the employees food during earlier shifts and leaves it out in the break room without actually communicating to his shift that the food is up for grabs. It’s really common and just 2 days prior, management had bought them donuts, left the boxes in the break room, and never told him directly it was for everyone... the food was left in the exact same place!!

The “stolen” donuts were not marked in any way that would identify them as having belonged to a specific individual, he didn’t take them out of a lunch box or the fridge or anything like that. He saw a large quantity of food in a common space and just assumed his supervisor had failed to announce that it was there for everyone (again).

This is getting really long, but I’d also like to say that he’s been a stellar employee for the last 5 years. Not a single incident or write up. He never calls off. He works over time. He goes above and beyond. In every respect he’s a great employee.

What is his legal recourse in this situation, if any? Can they really suspend him and dock pay over a genuine mistake considering the circumstances? I’m urging him to call corporate (how the local HR entertained this suspension is mind boggling in itself) but should he be contacting a lawyer instead or in addition? He’s afraid of retaliation and doesn’t want to lose 5 years of tenure (and PTO, health insurance, pension, etc.).

Edit: bot wants me to specify that I’m in the Northeast US.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Pinecone Sample posted:

What's the over-under on a particularly cowardly HR staffer using this to astroturf layoffs? I wonder if that sort of thing has ever happened.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Pinecone Sample posted:

:capitalism:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My fiancé is threatening to divorce me in the future if he sees videos of me as a bridesmaid next to another man

quote:

Me and my fiancé (both 22) have been together for three years and plan to get married summer of 2020.

As of now I’m abroad to be a bridesmaid for my cousins wedding in two days. I just came today and I had to learn hard dance routines, in one of the routines we are partnered up with one of the groomsmen. I immediately felt sick to my stomach because I didn’t want to be near another man as I love my fiancé with all my heart and the thought of pretending to be a couple with one of the groomsmen is tearing me apart.

I spoke to my cousin and told her I was uncomfortable and she said I don’t have to hold them and it will very quick and that was that. I told my fiancé this and he got angry immediately and is texting me telling me to choose him or be in this dance. The wedding is in two days... how can I tell my cousin I won’t be in that dance routine when I got my outfit tailored to me and I don’t want to ruin her wedding. My fiancé told me if he sees any future videos of me anywhere near another man he will dump me and that he hates me for not immediately choosing him, don’t know what to do and honestly this is tearing me apart. Please advise me.

Your fiancé seems to be a very controlling person. Maybe he has other good qualities that make you want to stay with him and this is a one-off thing. Wait, what's this post from op a few weeks ago...

My fiancé said some really hurtful and racist things to me and passed it off as banter

quote:

So me and my fiancé both 22 have been going out for two years and are due to get married this summer, like most relationships it’s had it’s ups and downs, but my fiancé said something to me which has really offended me.So I was in bed and we was just texting, and he starts to bombard me with ft calls, I haven’t even washed my face so I told him let me get sorted. Anyways he keeps calling me on ft and I keep on declining and he randomly out of no where texts me black monkey, ape, gorilla etc just naming all these animals as insults to me even pigeon at this point I’m really confused as we’re both the same race and I just thought it was very uncalled for. So I get up wash my face and brush my teeth and ft him, telling him what he was saying was really disgusting and I can’t believe he would talk to me like that, so then he tells me that he can’t banter with me and I’m too sensitive, am I blowing this out of proportion or is he very disrespectful.

He's a real keeper

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ITA I stole a little Chinese boy's passport as retribution for my fallen headphones.

quote:

So... This is bad... I don't even know why I'm asking AITA when I know the answer... But hear me out. A couple of years ago I was working as an English teacher in China. At the school where we were teaching, we gave all the kids these little fake passports with their names, pictures, etc. inside, and at the end of each lesson we would stamp their passports for good behavior. When they have enough stamps, they can trade it at the reception for a coloring book or crayons or a toy or whatever. This one boy in one of my classes (he was about 5 years old) was really testing my patience. He was nice enough for the first six months, friendly, social and playful, but then he started showing this willfully awful side to his personality, and some of the stunts he pulled were just horrible. One day, he tore my backpack open while my back was turned, and constantly tried getting into my personal belongings even after I told him (in Mandarin Chinese WITH a staff member from the English center present and helping with the translation) that he should cut it out and respect other people's personal belongings. I always tried to be a helpful and supportive teacher and I enjoy the energy the kids bring to the classroom, but this kid was just getting on my last nerve with each lesson... The final straw was one day during a lesson when I turned around and he was rummaging through my backpack again. This time he had my headphones in his hand. Now this pair of headphones was something I have wanted for a long time and I spent a lot of money on them, so they were quite precious to me... I think I only had them for a month... And then he flat-out snapped them in half, broke them beyond repair and threw them onto the floor. I was massively pissed off. I had a word with his parents and raised the issue with the school but they didn't seem to care much, taking a "boys will be boys" and a "he's too little to understand" attitude to this kid and his hijinks...

So I decided gently caress it. I stole his passport. He had about 60 stamps in there and he was saving up to buy a toy car. I'm sorry kid. Life's full of harsh lessons and petty people.

I got really excited at first and thought he straight up stole his actual passport and stranded a child in another country over headphones.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

My fiancé is threatening to divorce me in the future if he sees videos of me as a bridesmaid next to another man

Your fiancé seems to be a very controlling person. Maybe he has other good qualities that make you want to stay with him and this is a one-off thing. Wait, what's this post from op a few weeks ago...

My fiancé said some really hurtful and racist things to me and passed it off as banter

He's a real keeper

If the first post is not ghostwritten by the fiance she is having a hell of a panic attack or something on that second paragraph.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WIBTA if I start throwing out my girlfriend’s gum?

quote:

I (25M) have been with my partner (24F) for almost 8 years now. Since we graduated and started working we’ve been living on our own together for almost 2 years.

She has stomach issues and gets nauseous more often than usual, and she always keeps a pack of mint gum on her because she says it helps ease her nausea. All good, obviously I don’t have an issue there.

The problem is that she often will wake up in the middle of the night feeling nauseous, and pop a piece of gum in her mouth. She ALWAYS falls back asleep with the gum still in her mouth. If I try to tell her to spit it out before she’s back asleep she’ll just angrily say “no I’m nauseous” or something.

I. Cannot. Stand. It.

Much of the time I’m also trying to sleep, which means now I have to keep myself awake for fear I’ll fall asleep before taking the gum out of her mouth and she’ll choke on it. Even when I’m not trying to sleep yet, it really grinds my gears that someone 24 years old would intentionally, repeatedly and frequently fall asleep with something in their mouth. It just seems idiotic.

Last night I got home late and she was already asleep. When I walked in, she woke up and did the same thing. This time I kind of snapped and raised my voice to spit the gum out. As usual, she refused. So, as usual again, I just waited for her to fall back asleep. Except I’ve been frustrated by it for so long I was just getting really angry as I waited and decided I want to start throwing out all her gum until she finds another way to mediate her mid-night nausea.

Would I be a giant rear end in a top hat?

Edit since apparently this is unclear: I’ve talked to her about it multiple times while she’s awake, she doesn’t care to stop still.

Another edit: she’s been to doctors a lot in the past for her issues, only diagnosis that ever came of it was some “mild gastritis”. We’ve also talked about it multiple times while awake but she just refuses to stop.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

chitoryu12 posted:

ITA I stole a little Chinese boy's passport as retribution for my fallen headphones.

I got really excited at first and thought he straight up stole his actual passport and stranded a child in another country over headphones.

Me too

Pinecone Sample posted:

It's a trap to give them reason to lay him off

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Pinecone Sample posted:

Bait Donuts now on truTV

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Xenocides posted:

Can’t use toothpaste due to minty taste? Does he not know other toothpastes exist?

That rear end in a top hat just needs to look on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=flavored+toothpaste&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Girlfriend (29F) is disturbed by boyfriend's (31M) farting problem and feels it's hurting otherwise great (6 month) relationship.

quote:

Hi guys. I need advice. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 6 months. I love him and our relationship is great except for this one thing. He farts. A lot. He passes gas probably 20-30 times a day.

He's in fairly good shape and eats pretty healthy most of the time, so this doesn't seem normal.

He makes no effort to hide his farts from me. Every time he farts it interrupts whatever we are doing and the focus becomes on his farts. He seems to enjoy the spotlight a bit.

I'm usually patient with him, but tonight was the last straw. I think he broke his own record. He even farted so loudly when we cuddling at one point it made me jump. What really bothered me, though, is that we were having a serious discussion about my family history and he farted, very forcefully, three times throughout the conversation. Three times!! And every time he did this he would smirk and start to laugh under his breath which completely derailed our discussion.

Honestly, I'm wondering if he's doing this on purpose to annoy me. He's otherwise a very clean, considerate, and respectable boyfriend. This flatulent fiasco is beginning to stink up the relationship. How can I freshen it up a bit?

TL;DR-- My boyfriend seemingly can't (or won't) stop farting and it's damaging our relationship.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

chitoryu12 posted:

WIBTA if I start throwing out my girlfriend’s gum?

My niece would fall asleep with gum in her mouth every single night for at least a year. Even if my sister went into her room and told her to spit it out or even removed it herself once she was asleep, she'd grab another piece as soon as the door closed. She finally stopped when it got stuck in her hair badly enough that she had to have it cut really short. Also, she was eleven years old.

EDIT:

chitoryu12 posted:

Girlfriend (29F) is disturbed by boyfriend's (31M) farting problem and feels it's hurting otherwise great (6 month) relationship.

I can't stop laughing at this, holy poo poo.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 3, 2020

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Who cares if she sleeps with gum? How many fatalities has that caused?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I (M19) just broke up with my seemingly perfect girlfriend (F18) when she didn’t even do anything, I feel like absolute poo poo.

quote:

TLDR: I have a bunch of personal and mental issues that she stuck by and supported me through. I was feeling really guilty about it all last night and insinuated that she deserves better and we should breakup. She agreed and now I feel like poo poo.

I’m shamelessly just looking for validation here. I feel like I just made a huge mistake. I just have a very low self esteem that my ex knew and tried to support me about. Last night during a rant I told her that I was so confused about why she was dating Me. I have a drug problem and she hates drugs, everytime I relapse it makes her cry. I’m emotionally a mess and during our relationship I’ve been hospitalized for my drug problem amongst other things. She has a strong faith in god and mine wavers everyday. Despite all this she has stuck by me and I loved her for that.

Last night I was just feeling so guilty, I really believed she deserved better and I was expressing that to her for what I think was the first time Ever. I felt like she was such a good person and my lovely life was corrupting her. She sat there in silence for what felt like forever and just said “So should we breakup?”. I was taken a back but I said “of course I don’t want to breakup, but I feel like that would be the healthiest thing.” And she just said “okay” and quietly just left. Walked right out of my life. What the gently caress did I just do. She was the ONLY person I had, and I hosed that up too. Taking to other people about this and they all vehemently stated that I was in fact the rear end in a top hat. I feel like a piece of poo poo all the time but in the moment I really thought what I was doing was the right thing. Until it actually happened now I don’t know what to feel. I feel this gaping sucking hole in my chest and I don’t think it will ever leave.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Leon Einstein posted:

Who cares if she sleeps with gum? How many fatalities has that caused?

A quick google reveals at least 2 sleeping with gum-related deaths in the past 5 years. No idea what the denominator of people who frequently fall asleep while chewing gum is though so it's impossible to tell how risky it actually is.

atomicdream
Oct 4, 2017

shaking my money maker to fund my crippling glamour addiction.

chitoryu12 posted:

I saw this on reddit and wondered how long it'd take to get here.

Also anyone saying farts aren't funny as an adult needs to calm the gently caress down. They're hilarious. Though I'd probably be annoyed if my husband farted 30+ times a day and snickered at them during serious conversations too.

But like.. 75% of the time they're hilarious.

atomicdream
Oct 4, 2017

shaking my money maker to fund my crippling glamour addiction.
Now if it was the DOG farthing that often, I'd be really upset because I'm pretty sure his rear end can be declared a weapon of mass destruction. He has nearly gassed us out of a room before.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

He's too good for you, babe. Buy him a forums account.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

atomicdream posted:

Now if it was the DOG farthing that often, I'd be really upset because I'm pretty sure his rear end can be declared a weapon of rear end destruction. He has nearly gassed us out of a room before.
FTFY

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

I visited a friend in France once and all over his parents' house were nude pictures of his mom...
Couple of my buddies tried this when they were in my parents place for a bit to get a ride out of me, though my family is way too lame to have nudes up.

"dude, your mom is hot"
"yep"

And took all the wind right out of their sails. I have functioning vision I'm well aware of what she looks like, dumbasses. Why acknowledging this is a taboo will forever baffle me.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

3. Have "black and white thinking" where they can't hold contradictory beliefs, usually in the sense of having difficulty comprehending a complex person as something more than "good" or "bad"

So basically anybody on twitter or interested whatsoever in politics in the US

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

LethalGeek posted:

Couple of my buddies tried this when they were in my parents place for a bit to get a ride out of me, though my family is way too lame to have nudes up.

"dude, your mom is hot"
"yep"

And took all the wind right out of their sails. I have functioning vision I'm well aware of what she looks like, dumbasses. Why acknowledging this is a taboo will forever baffle me.

Settle down, oedipus

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

I wouldn't want to listen to someone smacking and poppin bubbles of gum all night

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My spouse's parents had to get tranquilizers for their beagle/chihuahua mix because it's a high-strung little piece of poo poo that constantly barks at everything, to the point that she would wake herself up by farting and then start barking at her own rear end in a top hat.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

DemoneeHo posted:

Your fiancé seems to be a very controlling person.

quote:

As of now I’m abroad to be a bridesmaid for my cousins wedding in two days. I just came today and I had to learn hard dance routines, in one of the routines we are partnered up with one of the groomsmen. I immediately felt sick to my stomach because I didn’t want to be near another man as I love my fiancé with all my heart and the thought of pretending to be a couple with one of the groomsmen is tearing me apart.

Either she has some really special beliefs or this is the fiancé.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

1redflag posted:

Settle down, oedipus

Just because someone finds someone else hot/beautiful/cute/handsome/aesthetically pleasing/etc does not mean they want to bang them

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Ugato posted:

Either she has some really special beliefs or this is the fiancé.

I'm thinking the fiance has gas lit her to the point that she's gone nutso.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

LethalGeek posted:

"dude, your mom is hot"
"yep"

Had to check to make sure this wasn't a Microwave post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

DreamingofRoses posted:

Just because someone finds someone else hot/beautiful/cute/handsome/aesthetically pleasing/etc does not mean they want to bang them

Just because someone says something on the internet doesn’t mean they are being earnest. This is especially true on a comedy website called “something awful”