Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Had to check to make sure this wasn't a Microwave post
What ever happened to that guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Ugato posted:

Either she has some really special beliefs or this is the fiancé.

Panic reaction of that kind can also mean being completely under the thumb of an abuser.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LethalGeek posted:

Couple of my buddies tried this when they were in my parents place for a bit to get a ride out of me, though my family is way too lame to have nudes up.

"dude, your mom is hot"
"yep"

And took all the wind right out of their sails. I have functioning vision I'm well aware of what she looks like, dumbasses. Why acknowledging this is a taboo will forever baffle me.

This reminds me of how Billie Lourd said that when she was getting bullied in school by kids telling her they jacked off to pictures of her mom, Carrie Fisher told her "Just tell them 'So do I.'"

She said that's the moment she realized she did not have a normal childhood.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

1redflag posted:

Just because someone says something on the internet doesn’t mean they are being earnest. This is especially true on a comedy website called “something awful”

If it doesn’t apply to you, great! The attitude is annoyingly common.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

This reminds me of how Billie Lourd said that when she was getting bullied in school by kids telling her they jacked off to pictures of her mom, Carrie Fisher told her "Just tell them 'So do I.'"

She said that's the moment she realized she did not have a normal childhood.
gently caress I'll have to remember that one. I'd probably crack trying to say it though.

Vvv hold on... Seriously? How?

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 3, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Rent-A-Cop posted:

What ever happened to that guy?

Goon hosed his mom, and he stopped posting shortly after.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

I knew a guy who said his dentist actually told him he didn't really need to brush his teeth because of some special saliva he had that ate away the bacteria. Seemed pretty cool and I believed him since his teeth were fine, so it does seem like it's an actual thing. The problem was someone else with us interpreted that as "I don't need to brush my teeth anymore!" and did just that, but after a while it was glaringly obvious he didn't have that same saliva.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

FormaldehydeSon posted:

I knew a guy who said his dentist actually told him he didn't really need to brush his teeth because of some special saliva he had that ate away the bacteria. Seemed pretty cool and I believed him since his teeth were fine, so it does seem like it's an actual thing. The problem was someone else with us interpreted that as "I don't need to brush my teeth anymore!" and did just that, but after a while it was glaringly obvious he didn't have that same saliva.

Dudes dentist is just lining up some expensive dental work to pay for his retirement.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
God drat that's like The Chosen One of dentistry or some poo poo.

The Self-Cleaning Teeth, just as the prophecy foretold!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

FormaldehydeSon posted:

You know the old "Four out of five dentists agree?"

That guy went out of his way to find the fifth dentist.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I don't wear a dress to my sister's wedding?

So my sister (26F) told me (28F) and our other sister (24F) that we will be her bridesmaids in her upcoming wedding. She didn't ask, just told us and asked what dates we could go dress shopping next month (through a text). I had seen her the day before and she told me that I have to wear a dress to her wedding and that I better wrap my head around the idea. I made it clear that I would not be wearing a dress. Her soon-to-be husband was on my side and said that he didn't care what I wore.

I should probably add a little more info about me: I'm a lesbian and wear men's clothing in my everyday life. I plan on never wearing a dress the rest of my life. It's not who I am and everyone knows that. However, an important thing to note and I feel like an rear end in a top hat about this but I wore a dress in our other sister's wedding. It was four years ago and I'm a much different person now.

Anyways, I sent her an email the next day with some pictures of alternatives I could wear to help her see that there are other options out there. She said her answer was still no. A couple days later she emails me again asking about my availability for dress shopping.

So I responded by saying I was sorry but can't wear a dress even though it seems unfair that I wore a dress in our other sister's wedding but I'm a different person now. I've come a long way in accepting myself for who I am and can't go back. I need to be true to myself. I mentioned how this will effect my mental health (I have multiple diagnosed mental illnesses that she is aware of and I'm in therapy). I also gave her some more ideas on how to make this work.

She replied with "This is just unacceptable to me, my wedding it the most important day of my life thus far and there is no way I can have 5 guys in tuxedos, myself in a white dress, [other sister] in a pink dress and then you in... pants? It's absolutely absurd that you can't wear a dress for 4 hours, when just a few years ago, you wore one for [other sister] without question. [other sister] has beautiful photos to look back on, where she is the center of attention and we are all there in the color she chose, the dress she chose, the shoes she chose, with our hair and makeup done, because that's what you do when your sister gets married. I cannot understand where your coming from because life is full of doing things that you don't necessarily want to do, or doing things that are out of a person's comfort zone, but you just do them. You especially do them for family. I'm willing to work with you on a dress you feel most comfortable in, I'm not asking you to wear something ridiculous. You've worn how many dresses in your lifetime? You not wearing a dress takes away from my day, where I should get to make all of the decisions and have all of the attention. You clearly don't care about my mental health, because this is unbelievably selfish."

This is tearing my family apart and I feel like an rear end in a top hat.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I kind of wish our culture would go back to having weddings with a wedding party consisting of the bride, groom, maid of honor and best ban, with everyone just wearing their normal Sunday best.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Smirking_Serpent posted:

must suck to have a sister who sees you as a stage prop and not a human with an independent identity

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I’m pretty sure this guy wants to gently caress his cousin... :ohdear:

WIBTA if I kissed my cousin on the cheek or on the forehead after giving her a gift for 60$ for her birthday?
u/vietnowrevolver7m
I'm a 17 year old guy and my cousin is 20.

Her birthday is in less than two months, and I will buy her a gift for 60$ because I love her so much. I'm incredibly proud to be related to someone who is as ambitious, smart and sweet as my cousin. I was also thinking of giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek or on the forehead after I give her the gift. I hope her boyfriend won't beat me up, but it will only be a completely platonic kiss. The kind of kiss you get from your grandma. Our grandma kisses us on the cheek sometimes so would it be a good idea if I did for the same on my cousin? Or would she get pissed and beat me up? To be fair though I wouldn't mind getting beat up from my cousin because she can do whatever she wants with me.

TL;DR WIBTA if I kissed my cousin on the cheek or on the forehead after giving her a gift for 60$ for her birthday?

This kid has posted multiple times asking if it's appropriate for him to buy his cousin a ticket to see Pearl Jam, and if she refuses he'll be upset, cry, drink away his misery, not eat, and harm himself. He seems sooooo incredibly stable.....

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The best part is the comments where the OP explains her sister doesn't talk to any of her other family and has literally 0 friends

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Licarn posted:

The best part is the comments where the OP explains her sister doesn't talk to any of her other family and has literally 0 friends

I wonder why.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

chitoryu12 posted:

Girlfriend (29F) is disturbed by boyfriend's (31M) farting problem and feels it's hurting otherwise great (6 month) relationship.

One of the great things when you have a baby, is, that you can always go "OMG, that was the baby! Like a grownup"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

teen witch posted:

Real talk tho don’t skimp on things you stick inside yourself sexually. Your orifices will thank you.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Power Khan posted:

One of the great things when you have a baby, is, that you can always go "OMG, that was the baby! Like a grownup"

When my family was in the car on the way back from the hospital after my little brother was born, I farted and I blamed him. My parents still bring it up.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I’m pretty sure this guy wants to gently caress his cousin... :ohdear:
WIBTA if I kissed my cousin on the cheek or on the forehead after giving her a gift for 60$ for her birthday?

quote:

This post violates Rule 5: We do not allow posts which concern violent encounters. This includes violence against other individuals, sexual assault, rape, physical abuse, animal abuse, felony damaging of property, violent threats, any other violent encounter not yet mentioned, and accusations of such violence that may or may not be true.
:lol:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting a girl I’ve never met to move with my SO and I across the country?

Okay. So I’ve been with R for about 8 months. A few months back, he asked me to move basically across the country with him for work. I said yes, and we have been apartment hunting and been getting excited for it. Yesterday, he randomly asked me what I thought about this scenario. His friend (who I’ve never met and never heard him talk about) is getting out of a bad relationship. She travels for work and is only home about 8 days out of the month. She asked him if she could move with us and stay in our spare bedroom.

I don’t like this idea. I have never met this person, and this was going to be OUR first place together. A big move is already going to be stressful enough, I just don’t think it’s a good idea to throw someone I don’t know and have literally never heard him talk about into the mix. The dynamic of our place will have to change. If she has her room, are we allowed to have guests stay in there if we have family visit? Is the dog allowed in there? We were planning on having a small office space for me in the second bedroom, where will that go if she is occupying that room?

I might be selfish, but I wanted this to be OUR move.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for not really wanting her to come with us?

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So my sister (26F) told me (28F) and our other sister (24F) that we will be her bridesmaids in her upcoming wedding. She didn't ask, just told us and asked what dates we could go dress shopping next month (through a text). I had seen her the day before and she told me that I have to wear a dress to her wedding and that I better wrap my head around the idea. I made it clear that I would not be wearing a dress. Her soon-to-be husband was on my side and said that he didn't care what I wore.

I should probably add a little more info about me: I'm a lesbian and wear men's clothing in my everyday life. I plan on never wearing a dress the rest of my life. It's not who I am and everyone knows that. However, an important thing to note and I feel like an rear end in a top hat about this but I wore a dress in our other sister's wedding. It was four years ago and I'm a much different person now.

Anyways, I sent her an email the next day with some pictures of alternatives I could wear to help her see that there are other options out there. She said her answer was still no. A couple days later she emails me again asking about my availability for dress shopping.

So I responded by saying I was sorry but can't wear a dress even though it seems unfair that I wore a dress in our other sister's wedding but I'm a different person now. I've come a long way in accepting myself for who I am and can't go back. I need to be true to myself. I mentioned how this will effect my mental health (I have multiple diagnosed mental illnesses that she is aware of and I'm in therapy). I also gave her some more ideas on how to make this work.

She replied with "This is just unacceptable to me, my wedding it the most important day of my life thus far and there is no way I can have 5 guys in tuxedos, myself in a white dress, [other sister] in a pink dress and then you in... pants? It's absolutely absurd that you can't wear a dress for 4 hours, when just a few years ago, you wore one for [other sister] without question. [other sister] has beautiful photos to look back on, where she is the center of attention and we are all there in the color she chose, the dress she chose, the shoes she chose, with our hair and makeup done, because that's what you do when your sister gets married. I cannot understand where your coming from because life is full of doing things that you don't necessarily want to do, or doing things that are out of a person's comfort zone, but you just do them. You especially do them for family. I'm willing to work with you on a dress you feel most comfortable in, I'm not asking you to wear something ridiculous. You've worn how many dresses in your lifetime? You not wearing a dress takes away from my day, where I should get to make all of the decisions and have all of the attention. You clearly don't care about my mental health, because this is unbelievably selfish."

This is tearing my family apart and I feel like an rear end in a top hat.

I know you used to drink but you went through a life change, and now you don’t drink anymore. But this is the most important day of my life thus far so please have one drink with me.

Who gives a gently caress about pants or dresses? Let sister remain true to herself and wear pants because everyone will be staring at your big white wedding dress.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I hope pants sister just skips the wedding. This "my special day" thing is so loving toxic.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why not just wear a pink tuxedo

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Smirking_Serpent posted:

If she has her room, are we allowed to have guests stay in there if we have family visit? Is the dog allowed in there? We were planning on having a small office space for me in the second bedroom, where will that go if she is occupying that room?

they made a reddit post before having a conversation with the person they're moving a long distance to move in with after being in a relationship for 8 months

this'll go well, regardless of the secret friend issue

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting a girl I’ve never met to move with my SO and I across the country?

Okay. So I’ve been with R for about 8 months. A few months back, he asked me to move basically across the country with him for work. I said yes, and we have been apartment hunting and been getting excited for it. Yesterday, he randomly asked me what I thought about this scenario. His friend (who I’ve never met and never heard him talk about) is getting out of a bad relationship. She travels for work and is only home about 8 days out of the month. She asked him if she could move with us and stay in our spare bedroom.

I don’t like this idea. I have never met this person, and this was going to be OUR first place together. A big move is already going to be stressful enough, I just don’t think it’s a good idea to throw someone I don’t know and have literally never heard him talk about into the mix. The dynamic of our place will have to change. If she has her room, are we allowed to have guests stay in there if we have family visit? Is the dog allowed in there? We were planning on having a small office space for me in the second bedroom, where will that go if she is occupying that room?

I might be selfish, but I wanted this to be OUR move.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for not really wanting her to come with us?

Hi I'm Wayne Brady and it's time to play:

Which. One. Is. The. Sidepiece.

*Crowd cheers*

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Chomp8645 posted:

God drat that's like The Chosen One of dentistry or some poo poo.

The Self-Cleaning Teeth, just as the prophecy foretold!

It reminds me of that one reddit post where the guy never used toilet paper because somehow his shits were so clean that they did not leave behind any residue on his rear end

I still don't believe it was real. Wash your rear end in a top hat, assholes.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Wear a banana suit to the wedding

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

It reminds me of that one reddit post where the guy never used toilet paper because somehow his shits were so clean that they did not leave behind any residue on his rear end

I still don't believe it was real. Wash your rear end in a top hat, assholes.

It's actually possible with a high enough fiber diet and omitting fatty foods but lol at the idea of any non wiper maintaining a highly regimented and nutrionally balanced diet.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

please knock Mom! posted:

google EVALI and click on any of the CDC/sci journal/med journal articles showing up to learn more instead of showing off your ignorance

EVALI refers to illness from Vitamin-E tainted THC (or very occasionally other knockoff stuff) cartridges. At this point it has no bearing on the question of weather smoking or vaping is worse for a person long term.

It's awesome when someone making such obviously nonsense claims seems to be so secure and confident in their intelligence... Dunning Kruger to the absolute maximum right here

please knock Mom! posted:

No. Vitamin E acetate is the most likely cause. There's no proof it's the only cause. People developed the symptoms while vaping name-brand junk without THC in it.

So, that's your proof that vaping is as bad (or worse) than smoking? That there might be another cause for this condition which mostly affects people consuming tainted THC cartridges and almost certainly is directly related to tainted production overseas? There have been six cases of this in my state (and none of them were serious). That's about .000000001 percent of the population, making your high-horse fearmongering nonsense all the stranger. Meanwhile, over 4,000 people every year are dying from smoking-related illnesses in the same area.

Are you capable of seeing the issue with this "proof" you've presented here? Rarely do you see someone who clearly thinks themselves intelligent make such dumb claims, so I'm curious

Tashilicious posted:

also i cannot believe it needs to be pointed out again but women are socialized from birth to not make their presence opinions and needs heard.

could you let my girlfriend's mom know? because that's pretty much all she does

Power Khan posted:

My (27F) found out that my husband’s coworker (22F) has at the very least seen my husband’s (29M) naked
Long story short... at a NYE office get together with my husband last night. I barely know anyone there, but my husband was recently promoted to executive VP in charge of new client outreach, so it was pretty much required that we go.

As I am making chit-chat with a circle of about six women, one of them, (calling her Tracy for now) doesn’t realize who I am, causally mentions that my husband “left his wife at home” and that hopefully she’ll “get to see that big cock again”

I thought she was making an off color joke, knowing that I was Mark’s wife. So I laughed nervously and said “only if I’m there to supervise” (I was nervous and didn’t know what to say) It got really quiet in the group and when it was pointed out to her who I was she turned white as a ghost and tried to backtpeddle about it being a joke. She almost immediately left the party, couldn’t have stayed much more than 10 minutes.

This coworker, “Tracy” is pretty in my opinion, and I had a child 14 months ago, don’t look the way I used to, and haven’t been overly sexual since giving birth.

I haven’t brought up this to my husband yet, but I think I have to do so before he returns to work tomorrow. I just don’t even know where to begin, I was once convinced he was cheating on me when we were dating years ago, but he told me I was seeing things that weren’t there.

:sad:

PetraCore posted:

IDK if my perception was skewed because I was bullied all through k-12 and most strongly in middle school but I also barely remember middle school at all, and not just because of it being over a decade ago. Like, when I was in high school I barely remembered middle school, and I'm p sure the bullying factored into it.

I barely remember middle school at all, just a few still shots in my mind for the most part. I wasn't bullied much though, I just have a poo poo memory

Tashilicious posted:

flaccid length does not equate to erect length. a one-two inch flaccid cock is not a micropenis.

Yeah mine definitely can retract so far that it's only 2 or 3 inches long. But he said his erect penis is 3.5 inches. Pretty sure that qualifies, although I'm not exactly sure how mom is planning to "fix" his tiny dick

teen witch posted:

There was literally a popular film less than a decade ago with the name in the title, and googling pronunciations is a thing we can do in 2k20

I immediately thought of that black comedy Coen Brothers film about an indie guitarist in 70s New York, turns out that's actually Llewyn. Close though, close enough to maybe even be a shortened version. Is that the movie you're talking about?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Smirking_Serpent posted:

just give her a copy of 'The Last Time I Wore A Dress' while glaring and tears are streaming down your face

game, set, match.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

DemoneeHo posted:

Me too

It's a trap to give them reason to lay him off

Nonsense. If HR was doing that they would surely not do something as absolutely moronic as suspending someone indefinitely over a blatant entrapment. Surely they have his best interests in mind and he shouldn't start job hunting and laywer up for the slam dunk wrongful termination suit being handed him.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (22M) dislike my nephew(2M), but he loves me, so my older sibling always wants me to hang out with him.

My (22M) nephew (2M) is in his terrible twos, and he is constantly being spoiled by his parents and grandparents. It has reached the point where he will do basically whatever he wants and if he doesn't get his way or is reprimanded he loses it and throws huge temper tantrums. I'm basically a big kid myself, so I've always been great with children and as a result, I'm his favorite relative and so my sister is always facetiming me to talk to him or asking me to come over to play with him. But at this point, he's kind of a nightmare and has even made me reconsider having kids myself (which has always been a huge life goal of mine). Do y'all have any advice?

EDIT 1: Thank y'all very much for the advice! I have tried making excuses such as being busy or having work to do but they will show up at my place and be like "oh we figured we could accompany you as you worked!" Also, I wanted to clarify that my sister and I are really close and I don't want to criticize her as a parent especially since she played a pretty big part in raising me. I am happy to play with him every so often, but they want me to do it several times a week, which I find overwhelming.

Basically, they let him do whatever he wants, especially at other people's houses. For example, he has an indoor sandbox at my parents' home and he'll throw sand around everywhere. When I tell him to keep it inside the box, his parents say I'm restraining his creativity and tell me to stop disciplining their kid. He'll also knock stuff off tables, but all his parents and grandparents do is follow him around and clean after him and won't try to correct the behavior. Is waiting it out the best option? I don't have a lot of knowledge about child psychology, so advice is appreciated!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I know I'm a bit behind the times but uhhhhhh that does not sound like very effective parenting.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

we tried nothing and we're all out of ideas

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (22M) dislike my nephew(2M), but he loves me, so my older sibling always wants me to hang out with him.

This kid is going to wind up being a 30 year old neckbeard with no job in his parents basement, and its 100% his parents fault

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for telling my friend that she's never been pregnant?

quote:

My friend is, god love her, kind of a hypochondriac and prone to anxiety about health issues. Once again, I love this girl, but sometimes she just goes off the deep end. I'm a physician's assistant, so I have medical training, which is relevant here.

In her 10-11 months of trying to have a baby, she's had two incidents of essentially false positives. In month 5, she had a positive test, followed by a negative test and her period in the evening. She called that a chemical pregnancy and a miscarriage. Three months after that, she had the same thing happen, but the negative test and period were the next morning. She has been sad over this and views it as losing two children.

Her doctor has decided to believe her, and has agreed to give her repeat pregnancy loss testing, as the standard is now two losses, and her husband is also being tested. Here's the thing: there is a 95-99% chance this woman has NEVER been pregnant.

Chemical pregnancies are pregnancies, but the tests are just too close together to have been a correct positive result. She has of course been beside herself about "being infertile" and "never being able to have children". They've been trying for under a year still. It's entirely possible that her husband is sterile to begin with.

The medical misinformation is really getting on my nerves and I'm tired of hearing hysterics from everyone in my community about a woman who likely DOESN'T HAVE A PROBLEM. I've told her that she's very likely never been pregnant, and apparently that makes me an rear end in a top hat and insensitive to her "struggle". I don't doubt that she's sad, or suffering, but this is a result of poor education and poor medical care.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
My chemical romance blooms into my chemical pregnancy and ends with my chemical miscarriage

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for telling my friend that she's never been pregnant?

Why do you even care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
as a physician's assistant let me explain how I know more about a patient than their doctor