Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bust Rodd posted:

My biggest complaint about Spider-Man is how decidedly pro-cop it is. It’s super weird and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Get back to us on that when you finish the DLC. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Donovan Trip posted:

I gave it maybe 2 hours and it didn't quite grab me..

I’m in the same boat. I plan to return to it cause everyone says it’s so good but I played for about 2 hours and just couldn’t get into it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Wanted a new story-focused title so I'm giving Judgement a shot while it's on sale.

I enjoyed Yakuza 0 quite a bit, moved on to Kiwami 2 and thought it was pretty good but lost steam near the end. I was hesitant on returning to Kamurocho, but I've heard a lot of hype around this one from people whose opinions I value. Plus playing a Japanese private eye (JUDGE EYES) is a pretty cool concept.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, if anything, I found the timer freeing. You don’t have to worry about how to get out of anywhere. You don’t have to worry about wasting resources. You don’t have to worry about getting hung up on being thorough when it doesn’t matter. You get a good idea of about how long it will take to fully explore any given area or how to get into a sub-area for more exploration later. Don’t think of it as reversion, think of it as a reminder to review your ship’s database and look for more loose ends to chase.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 3, 2020

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Judgement has some slow bits, but you can mainline the story, which is extremely good and has got maybe the best climax fight of any of the Yakuza games.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Imhotep posted:

You think the game is making fun of Pascal, the purest, sweetest character in the game???

Oh sorry I lumped Pascal and Sartre together for some reason, must have been the wine I was drinking last night!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Gort posted:

Has anyone here upgraded their PS4 Pro to an SSD?

I did. Is very noticeable with menu loading in Destiny 2. Is generally better for everything.

It seems theres very different types of SSD, some faster than others.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Steve Yun posted:

Tim Rogers was popular here way before Devil May Cry, we were in love with him because of his Dragon Quest XI review

Yeah, true, and that's his most popular video, but I mean, the front page had a regular thing that was just like making GBS threads on Tim Rogers reviews, from years ago, so I was kidding and mostly trying to make sure BP didn't get any credit. But really everyone should watch his FF7 translation series, it's the most well done, informative and interesting thing he's done.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hate most of Tim Rogers' videos for being wrapped in too much doublesmug cleverness but the FF7 translation series is REALLY good

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

PantsBandit posted:

Wanted a new story-focused title so I'm giving Judgement a shot while it's on sale.

I enjoyed Yakuza 0 quite a bit, moved on to Kiwami 2 and thought it was pretty good but lost steam near the end. I was hesitant on returning to Kamurocho, but I've heard a lot of hype around this one from people whose opinions I value. Plus playing a Japanese private eye (JUDGE EYES) is a pretty cool concept.

Judgment absolutely owns megabones, the main story is good and engaging, Yagami is the perfect protagonist to follow up Kiryu, and the side content is some of the best in the series.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Someone who downloaded either God of War, GTA5, inFamous SS or Uncharted 4 via PS Now let me know if it still shows as "purchased" in the PSN for you, or if you're able to actually properly buy it should you wish to do so?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Guillermus posted:

Late quote but thanks for linking it. I don't usually like Kotaku stuff but thanks to this thread (I think you were the one) for making me discover Tim Rogers. While I don't share some of his opinions about certain videogames, I absolutely love that the way he talks about them and how respectful (don't know if it's the best way to describe it) he is about the work of developers and their craft. He's got the exact amount of cheese I like on long videogame youtube videos.

Agreed with all this.

I've known about him peripherally for a while but was never really paying attention, it wasn't until imhotep posted the FF7 translation series that I really started watching his content.

Imhotep posted:

Yeah, true, and that's his most popular video, but I mean, the front page had a regular thing that was just like making GBS threads on Tim Rogers reviews, from years ago, so I was kidding and mostly trying to make sure BP didn't get any credit. But really everyone should watch his FF7 translation series, it's the most well done, informative and interesting thing he's done.

:wink:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Donovan Trip posted:

What the gently caress that's half the reason I wanted to replay

ND is braindead about multiplayer these days, pretty much since the precise moment in 2013 after Factions went out the door of the dev house.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
UC4 multiplayer was good and they even added Survival post launch tho

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

univbee posted:

Someone who downloaded either God of War, GTA5, inFamous SS or Uncharted 4 via PS Now let me know if it still shows as "purchased" in the PSN for you, or if you're able to actually properly buy it should you wish to do so?

You have to do it through something other than the PS4 app, it’s dumb, I’ve missed out on PS Plus games thinking I owned them (like Soma), but I didn’t. But yeah, same thing happens with ps plus games, you can’t buy them, but if your subscription lapses you won’t have access to them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

precision posted:

UC4 multiplayer was good and they even added Survival post launch tho

Speaking only for myself, after playing it for a while UC4 multi ended up leaving a really sour taste. I think the mixture of adding TLOU style revival while also focusing so heavily on supernatural ultimate MOBA attacks was terrible. The multi had no idea what it wanted to be when all was said and done. It ditched the stealth tension of UC2/3, took the wrong lessons from TLOU Factions (not surprising since ND doesn't seem to know what it did right with Factions in the first place)...AND chased the dragon of the most blatant multiplayer trends of that year. Also, ND never returned to the Story Level co-op that UC2 had, they just doubled down on Hoard Modes.

With the reveal that TLOU2 has no multi I honestly think they are a bit out of touch at this point.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They probably have the stats and research to show that 90% of the 12 million people that will buy tlou2 will never play factions2 and 100% of factions players would pay another 30-60 dollars for factions 2

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wait TLoU2 has no multiplayer

Lmao of course they'll release it in a post launch update. Doubt it will cost money

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Factions 2 ain't happening. If ND had plans to release it in any form then they would have announced it by now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1177392945458286595

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

YeaH that post pretty much says wait 6-12 months for our stand alone mp game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

YeaH that post pretty much says wait 6-12 months for our stand alone mp game

Naughty Dung

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

See y'all for the PS5 version with Factions baked in at launch.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

The Last Of Us Battle Royale coming in 2021. I’m calling it now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Last Of The One Hundred Of Us

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What chance do you all think the mp game would be a new ip instead of tlou. Like strip the zombie poo poo out and shake things up? Probably zero.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

What chance do you all think the mp game would be a new ip instead of tlou. Like strip the zombie poo poo out and shake things up? Probably zero.

Probably high imo

acksplode
May 17, 2004

"When and where it will be realized is yet to be determined" sounds to me like "we're working on a multiplayer project that's nothing like factions, it'll be part of an upcoming sp+mp game centered around a new IP, here's a vague statement to pacify the vocal minority who care"

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Real hurthling! posted:

Didn't they say at one point that they want their next ip to be a multiplayer-focused game?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

One of these days Savage Starlight is gonna be real and that'll be it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
See, that's a cheeky way of saying it's coming just not in the base game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

naughty dog prevarication makes me like them way less, but I guess the writing was on the wall when Hennig was forced out

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
no simple fix for stick drift, is there?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rinkles posted:

no simple fix for stick drift, is there?

Buying a new controller. :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sony will take it back and send you a new one if its under warranty

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Policenaut posted:

See y'all for the PS5 version with Factions baked in at launch.

Then see you in 2025 when I'm ready to buy that

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Is the FF8 remaster worth getting? I never played it on release but it seems to be one of the divisive final fantasy games.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Real hurthling! posted:

Sony will take it back and send you a new one if its under warranty

how do you arrange that? i got it less than a year ago.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JBP posted:

Is the FF8 remaster worth getting? I never played it on release but it seems to be one of the divisive final fantasy games.

I can't believe I'm saying this but just watch the cutscnees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

haveblue posted:

The Last Of The One Hundred Of Us

To be fair, you probably did murderfatally wound in self-defense around 98 human beings who weren't infected with any serious malaise in TLOU that weren't named "Ellie" or "Joel"