Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

my fuckin cat all of a sudden decided that he doesnt like any of the stuff he used to gobble down when i put pills in it

gently caress you!-your cat, presumably 😾

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

yes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

byob historian posted:

lmao you read posts

gently caress

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Oiled and Ready posted:

how is something both ultra super maxi secret classified

and definitely vulnerable to anything? How would we know?

serious question

The post is hyperbole, but not by much. We’ve let private companies ignore needed infrastructure upgrades for decades. Our electric transmission system is outdated and very vulnerable.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://i.imgur.com/TzZ68OT.mp4

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

give him a little salami

i tried deli turkey and he ate it but not before he tore it up so the pill fell out

im gonna get some salami or something when i go to the store tomorrow

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

radical meme posted:

The post is hyperbole, but not by much. We’ve let private companies ignore needed infrastructure upgrades for decades. Our electric transmission system is outdated and very vulnerable.

well theyll have a chance to fix that infrastructure now because next week is infrastructure week

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
put the pills in the tips of my freaking plants and my cat will eat them:catstare:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1213655761676488704

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

:trumppop:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

while we are getting into historical symbolism, this reminds me of the invasions of Persia by Alexander the Great and the Arabs. Alexander burnt the capital of Persepolis to the ground, destroying the Apadana (the Persian royal palace), which was one of the largest and most impressive structures on earth at that time. When the Arabs came in the 7th century it is said that they were determined to destroy many important cultural heritage sites including the tomb of Cyrus the Great, and that the locals were able to trick them into thinking the tomb was something else, and thus it was spared (unclear). Anyway, I guess the destruction of ancient cultural sites by invading armies has been a touchy subject in Iran for thousands of years, so this threat is particularly poignant

this is some deep level intercultural psychological warfare, seems pretty bad

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

always good to remember this

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

if that's all it takes to be a prendigunt candidate I can do it way better including the beer pour for fucks sake

also my dancing is impeccable from my point of view

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

what is going on with your spinny camera setup?
I dig it but what is happening

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Will history remember the name of the Pentagon aide who started the Iran War because he was too loving stupid to understand Trump's personality and he didn't think before adding "assassinate Iranian general inside sovereign nation" to the list of responses?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

let’s smoke it

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

twoday posted:

while we are getting into historical symbolism, this reminds me of the invasions of Persia by Alexander the Great and the Arabs. Alexander burnt the capital of Persepolis to the ground, destroying the Apadana (the Persian royal palace), which was one of the largest and most impressive structures on earth at that time. When the Arabs came in the 7th century it is said that they were determined to destroy many important cultural heritage sites including the tomb of Cyrus the Great, and that the locals were able to trick them into thinking the tomb was something else, and thus it was spared (unclear). Anyway, I guess the destruction of ancient cultural sites by invading armies has been a touchy subject in Iran for thousands of years, so this threat is particularly poignant

what you say is of course all true but I prefer to think that Miller just looked on Wikipedia for "historic sites in Iran"

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Mrs. Dash posted:

Will history remember the name of the Pentagon aide who started the Iran War because he was too loving stupid to understand Trump's personality and he didn't think before adding "assassinate Iranian general inside sovereign nation" to the list of responses?

Choice F(do not use this one): do big boom booms on the meanie man

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

UFOTacoMan posted:

always good to remember sailor

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

He was already a monster. Checkmate libs!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

is it any wonder that the man who posts under this sigil constantly tweets like a constipated piss monster

lol he looks so loving bad nowadays compared to this picture

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

twoday posted:

seems pretty bad

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

twoday posted:

mr president i just asked if you wanted regular or diet coke

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

what was the name of the old Star Trek episode about the salt-sucking monster

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I feel like the most educational perspective I could've ever received on how fascists "think" is DE, realizing they don't actually think but instead engage the world entirely on base emotions allows me to understand so much. They don't care that this is a dangerous escalation that engages us more in the middle east, a thing they don't want. They just feel like we're doing something good and looks strong, so they feel good. It's a good thing. If Trump turns around and then pulls away from Iran by removing troops or something, they'll feel good too, cause he's cutting ties and getting us away from places we shouldn't be in the first place. If he responds by putting in more troops and basically re-invading Iraq, that's good too. We can't back down, we'd look weak if we back down.

lol nothing matters because they don't think about anything. They feel their way through things, and whoever can project the right aura of machismo they'll be happy with no matter what they do, because that's all that matters. I'm sure actually smart people have studied and written lots of stuff about this, but realizing that you can completely separate thoughts and moral codes from your raw emotion made everything make sense.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

deal from strength or get crushed every time, art of the deal motherfuckers

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grondoth posted:

I feel like the most educational perspective I could've ever received on how fascists "think" is DE, realizing they don't actually think but instead engage the world entirely on base emotions allows me to understand so much. They don't care that this is a dangerous escalation that engages us more in the middle east, a thing they don't want. They just feel like we're doing something good and looks strong, so they feel good. It's a good thing. If Trump turns around and then pulls away from Iran aggression by removing troops or something, they'll feel good too, cause he's cutting ties and getting us away from places we shouldn't be in the first place. If he responds by putting in more troops and basically re-invading Iraq, that's good too. We can't back down, we'd look weak if we back down.

lol nothing matters because they don't think about anything. They feel their way through things, and whoever can project the right aura of machismo they'll be happy with no matter what they do, because that's all that matters. I'm sure actually smart people have studied and written lots of stuff about this, but realizing that you can completely separate thoughts and moral codes from your raw emotion made everything make sense.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1212965578392195073

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

SKULL.GIF posted:

President Trump just keeps looking better and younger after he became president! The exact opposite on how Obama looked!

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Shear Modulus posted:

i tried deli turkey and he ate it but not before he tore it up so the pill fell out

im gonna get some salami or something when i go to the store tomorrow

tried sliced crappy American cheese?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

iran can have a missiled soleimani

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

emfive posted:

what was the name of the old Star Trek episode about the salt-sucking monster

trumo

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1213659386113118208?s=20

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormbrained US President threatens to 9/11 Iran

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The John Madden Years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

emfive posted:

what you say is of course all true but I prefer to think that Miller just looked on Wikipedia for "historic sites in Iran"

I mean, threatening to obliterate UNESCO sites seems like a pretty unusual strategy, but then again its trump so :shrug: