Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Brady get to watch the divisional round from home?
Yes
No
Bill will unplug him
Kid Kisser
View Results

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Lamar is a downfield longsnapper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

there wasn't a toxx thread this year but since the Patriots lost I need a new av + title for the new year

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 5, 2020

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao did they gray his hair here?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao did they gray his hair here?

No, they just removed the hair dye Tom's been using for about 7 years now.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

No, they just removed the hair dye Tom's been using for about 7 years now.

I thought that was a toupee?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

solarjetman posted:

This is probably a wildly unpopular opinion but I really wasn't a fan of Vrabel's clock running trick. Not because it's unfair to the Pats or whatever, gently caress them, but because I expected it to result in the Titans having less time for their offense after a Pats scoring drive.

Yeah trolling Belichick was pretty hilarious, but Romo was correct the Titans really should have gone for it there.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Simplex posted:

Yeah trolling Belichick was pretty hilarious

Too much deranged Brady hate on here and not enough lol'ing at Belichek. gently caress that guy. I loved the punt shenanigans.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ah yes let's believe playoff win knower Tony Romo on what's best to do in the final minutes

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

Too much deranged Brady hate on here and not enough lol'ing at Belichek. gently caress that guy. I loved the punt shenanigans.

Yeah, if Vrabel is gonna cut off his own dick, he can regrow a new one with the balls he's got to clock-burn like that on that punt, basically telling Belichick "you're only down by one point, but it won't matter", with 6 minutes left.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Vrabel counted out Touchdown Tom.

And He Was Right.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

“Die Nasty” would be a sweet name for a movie about scummy dudes trying to save the world for some reason.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

BGrifter posted:

This is one thing we need to bring back now that the 2010s are over. Calling people “The GOAT” sounds dumb as hell and needs to stop.

Unless it's Daniel Bryan, because he looks like a... *googles*... WHAT HAVE THEY DONE???

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Sono posted:

Unless it's Daniel Bryan, because he looks like a... *googles*... WHAT HAVE THEY DONE???

Killed the goat and resurrected the Dragon

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Metapod posted:

Ah yes let's believe playoff win knower Tony Romo on what's best to do in the final minutes

Not his fault jerry let his illegitimate son coach the team and wasted his career

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

BGrifter posted:

This is one thing we need to bring back now that the 2010s are over. Calling people “The GOAT” sounds dumb as hell and needs to stop.

I dunno how the phrase goat went from being the guy who blew it to the greatest ever. It like seemed to literally happen overnight.

DariusLikewise posted:

“Die Nasty” would be a sweet name for a movie about scummy dudes trying to save the world for some reason.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I dunno how the phrase goat went from being the guy who blew it to the greatest ever. It like seemed to literally happen overnight.

Greatest
Of
All
Time

Yeah, it's that dumb.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

LabyaMynora posted:

Greatest
Of
All
Time

Yeah, it's that dumb.

Yeah I understand the acronym. It's just amazing how fast it took over the cultural zeitgeist.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

One of my coworkers has a shirt that says BRADY with a 12 and a picture of a goat. I'm going to laugh at him tomorrow.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Me either but it sucks! New decade, time to leave it behind in the 2010s and go back to “the goat” being the loser who choked and cost his team the game.

You know, like Tom Brady.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Looking forward to 3 years from now when no one in NE cares about the Pats and goes back to about how the Red Sox are the greatest.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Thaddius the Large posted:

So is it safe to count out Touchdown Tom now?
I dunno, his last pass was a touchdown pass.

oh wait :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Josh Allen's boneheaded lateral yesterday brings up an interesting question, are you allowed to intentionally fumble out of bounds?

Say it's late in the game and your team is out of timeouts. You catch the ball in the middle of the field and it's obvious you are going to get tackled in bounds. Why wouldn't you just chuck the ball out of play and get a stoppage that way?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
If it’s thrown with force and obviously intentional then it’s either a forward pass or it’s a lateral and doesn’t stop the clock. If it’s not thrown with force it’s obviously extremely dangerous.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Antonio Clown

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Yeah I understand the acronym. It's just amazing how fast it took over the cultural zeitgeist.

Seriously, I remember when "________ are you a hero, or are you a goat?" was a forum meme here and it didn't feel like all that long ago...

:corsair:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Fenrir posted:

Is this like, a riff on that thing where we call Lamar Jackson a running back or...? I'm not sure what your gimmick is here.

He was drunk and his team won a playoff game on an incredible play by the QB. We let him have the moment.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
They should change the Time out rules so that you cant call one if the game clock is below 5 seconds. Sick of seeing coaches bail out their QBs from delay of game penalties.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Fenrir posted:

Is this like, a riff on that thing where we call Lamar Jackson a running back or...? I'm not sure what your gimmick is here.

my gimmick is being a texans fan who loves a texans player who is really good

it's really really hosed up

good job trying to do the "racist against the black qb" gimmick when I'm talking about my team's black qb though

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DW had some gamebreaker plays yesterday but also stunk up the place for like 60% of the game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

DW had some gamebreaker plays yesterday but also stunk up the place for like 60% of the game

Deshaun was running for his life for that entire portion of the game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

goats are extremely good and cool.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Intruder posted:

Unnecessarily for some of it, shook, etc

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

That one spin move in the pocket was awful, but he was also the reason they weren't shut out in that game, so.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Unnecessarily for some of it, shook, etc

Some but not much

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I am a very happy person!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008