Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Brady get to watch the divisional round from home?
Yes
No
Bill will unplug him
Kid Kisser
View Results

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

That's not true though. I look it up and it says that you have to have both feet in bounds no exceptions. Yeah there's other ways like if your elbow or rear end or knee is down. But I don't see anything that says the forceout is still in effect in any capacity.

yea but tbh at that point if you are in position to do this wacky wrestling move you might as well break up the play lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Hand Row posted:

Cousins is the ultimate one who talks to Trump

Brady does too?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
who cares what QBs talk to trump

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Sour Diesel posted:

yea but tbh at that point if you are in position to do this wacky wrestling move you might as well break up the play lol

What I mean is in scenarios where you're up against this gargantuan TE who is almost always going to outjump you. The DB pretty much had no hope there on a well-executed fade route.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kawalimus posted:

That's not true though. I look it up and it says that you have to have both feet in bounds no exceptions. Yeah there's other ways like if your elbow or rear end or knee is down. But I don't see anything that says the forceout is still in effect in any capacity.

I'm like 90% sure the rule has the provision that if you literally carry a guy OOB it's still a catch but hell I've been wrong before

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

a neat cape posted:

who cares what QBs talk to trump
People that hate Trump, duh.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
*steps up to the microphone*
*clears his throat*

Teddy Bridgewater would have won that game.

*steps down from the podium and walks away*

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I hope some Saints fan sues over the OPI.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Kawalimus posted:

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Note 5:

If a player, who is in possession of the ball, is held up and carried out of bounds by an opponent before both feet or any part of his body other than his hands touches the ground inbounds, it is a completed or intercepted pass. It is not necessary for the player to maintain control of the ball when he lands out of bounds.

You can push a guy out, but you can't carry him out

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Intruder posted:

I'm like 90% sure the rule has the provision that if you literally carry a guy OOB it's still a catch but hell I've been wrong before

It might be, but I'm not sure driving a guy out when he's already right at the sideline or back of the end zone doesn't count enough. I'm sure you can't catch a guy in the middle of the field and then carry him to the sideline like a baby. But that would be hilarious to see!! :D

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

<Hands on hips, confused look on face>

Kirk Cousins?

Kirk Cousins is good man, always has been

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just checking if touchdown tom is still counted out

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Do you think the saints will whine enough to get overtime changed again

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I'm less talking about carrying, and more like hooking the leg and driving him when he's near the sideline or back of end zone. I don't think that qualifies as carrying.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

I hope some Saints fan sues over the OPI.

But that's money that could be spent on another 28-3 billboard in Atlanta.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

you broke my grill posted:

Nah, Peyton Manning doesn't play for the Saints

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

you broke my grill posted:

They're going to try

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kalli posted:

But that's money that could be spent on another 28-3 billboard in Atlanta.

Looking forward to one of their senators bringing up the refs on the floor again.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dubious posted:

the vikings keep preventing them from doing it again, so it owns

Congratulations. :golfclap:

Now show me that you can win a Super Bowl instead of failing four times to do so.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
as long as the football players on my team win football games i dont give a poo poo who they vote for

if they dont win games i still dont give a poo poo who they vote for

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

a neat cape posted:

Nah, Peyton Manning doesn't play for the Saints

:drat:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Kirk Cousins burying the Saints like he was Alex Smith or something.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

OxySnake posted:

Looking forward to one of their senators bringing up the refs on the floor again.

To be fair, our senators are dumbasses.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dubious posted:

as long as the football players on my team win football games i dont give a poo poo who they vote for

if they dont win games i still dont give a poo poo who they vote for

i require players to align with me politically

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Kawalimus posted:

I'm less talking about carrying, and more like hooking the leg and driving him when he's near the sideline or back of end zone. I don't think that qualifies as carrying.

That would be incredibly hard to do without hitting too early and getting a PI flag or hitting either too late or not hard enough and letting him get the foot or other body part down.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Carry out requires a player to hold up another player in the air and carry them out of bounds before they can come down at all and importantly it has to be clear that the player would have gotten both feet in bounds. If that can't be determined then it won't be called, or else the referee did not uphold the rule properly

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
RWBS activates early

e: wrong thread

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Kirk Cousins burying the Saints like he was Alex Smith or something.

gently caress Vernon Davis, you know this.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

blackmongoose posted:

That would be incredibly hard to do without hitting too early and getting a PI flag or hitting either too late or not hard enough and letting him get the foot or other body part down.

It seems like something you'd just have to train yourself to do. But could be very very effective. Mostly used when they're right near being out of bounds. Like you go for the pass defense first but as you see it's well executed then you gotta use that other arm and go for that leg. Or even don't go for the leg, and just go for the push-out as he's at the highest point catching the ball. Even without hte leg hook it can work.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
This postseason is shaping up to be pretty good. Wouldn’t have minded the Bills but am good with the Texans. Glad Saints and Patriots eliminated.

OBR
Apr 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Congratulations. :golfclap:

Now show me that you can win a Super Bowl instead of failing four times to do so.

Nah, we're good. We'll just keep loving up your hopes and dreams for now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Silly Burrito posted:

gently caress Vernon Davis, you know this.

Yep, Super Bowl winner Vernon Davis.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

OBR posted:

Nah, we're good. We'll just keep loving up your hopes and dreams for now.

Congratulations on your participation trophy.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

this sport should die imo

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yep, Super Bowl winner Vernon Davis.

Now that is surreal to hear. True, but still surreal.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

E-wrong thread

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Eugh, As a NO fan the fandom is pretty ugly recently. Seeing some real hot takes on social media that have me scratching my head

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

sean10mm posted:

Old QBs dead so what :rip:

Even as a Pats fan it... owns? All these games have been exciting and close, easily the best WC weekend in years.

Kinda hard not to root for the Titans, TITS UP

e: Also Saints should have put Taysom Hill on D I guess

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Eugh, As a NO fan the fandom is pretty ugly recently. Seeing some real hot takes on social media that have me scratching my head

Frustration with three straight seasons ending the way they did will do that to you, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lmao gently caress both the Saints and Patriots