Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

My (20M) girlfriend (20F) photoshopped my penis and I feel weird about it

marry this woman

too many people take sex way too loving seriously for the absurd comedy it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DemoneeHo posted:

Walked in living room to parents on drugs?

Okay, somebody has to ask it: what the hell is brillo padding?

From the title I thought it was crack-smoking related, but then there’s so much weird snake poo poo in there I don’t know if it’s related to that, or... gently caress, man.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i thought it was gonna be he had a micropenis and she photoshopped it to be bigger for a swingers website or something.

the spiderman thing is refreshingly cute, he's a moron.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh and while i haven't heard "brillo padding" specifically before, it obviously refers to the common use of a tuft of steel wool or scouring pad as a filter in a crack pipe.

e: huh he specifically asked "were they on drugs" though. but all the paranoid conspiracy stuff sounds exactly like people on crack. maybe they literally were scrubbing each other with scouring pads

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 5, 2020

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Sagebrush posted:

oh and while i haven't heard "brillo padding" specifically before, it obviously refers to the common use of a tuft of steel wool or scouring pad as a filter in a crack pipe.

e: huh he specifically asked "were they on drugs" though. but all the paranoid conspiracy stuff sounds exactly like people on crack. maybe they literally were scrubbing each other with scouring pads

Urban dictionary defines it as rubbing ones afro on someone for the purpose of tickling them. Sounds like something baked people would do

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Sagebrush posted:

I suspect it was this, meth makes users overheat and become really itchy. Getting naked and taking each other's skin off does not sound like a bad idea to people on meth.
Opiates can cause itchiness, too.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my friend that her “open relationship” is making her look dumb?

I recently met up with a friend who called me up and told me she was struggling with depression. I hadn’t seen her in a while, so we went on a friend date to see dinner and a movie.

While we were at dinner, we were talking about our relationships. We met our partners around the same time over a year ago. She told me that she and her partner decided to have an open relationship. Although the relationship is “open” he’s sleeping with people and she’s not.

This guy is living at her house, not paying any bills and sleeping with other women? I told her that he was making her look like a plum fool, and that it might be the reason she’s feeling depressed and has low self esteem.

She went off about how I’m uptight and judge mental about open relationships. She said that I didn’t have the confidence to share my partner. I told her that I surely don’t! And that she’s sharing her partner but he’s not sharing her. And maybe if she didn’t share her partner she wouldn’t call me and tell me how ugly she’s feeling, and how depressed she is.

We ended our fiend date obviously. Before I hear from some other people I would like to know if I come off as an rear end in a top hat. I’ll apologize if I do. From my perspective, I was just telling her the hard truth as I saw it.

PS I know that this is toeing the line but it’s not about breakups/hookups/cheating. Just about how the conversation went down.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, the OP confirmed in the comments that his parents were scrubbing each other with brillo pads

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AWarmBody posted:

Yeah, the OP confirmed in the comments that his parents were scrubbing each other with brillo pads

That just raises further questions

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

They’re shedding their skin like a snake does

This is not difficult, people

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my friend that her “open relationship” is making her look dumb?

:sever:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

marry this woman

Basically this.

I and my girlfriend are not into sending nudes but if we were and she did this I would be crying with laughter

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for outing my friends Mother in law’s “profession” as not real?

I met my best friends MIL recently for the first time during a family dinner. I was warned that she was “really into nutrition” but that she had no formal education and was self taught. Backstory: I have my Bachelors of Science in Nutrition. MIL was nice enough, about 5 minutes into our meal she starts talking about how she has started selling a supplement (juice based) and proceeds to hand me her freshly printed business card. It says she is a ‘certified nutritionist’ (she doesn’t know my educational background).

Fact: there is no such thing as a’ certified nutritionist’ in fact the word nutritionist holds no meaning academically, anyone can claim this. (If you want to see a professional, make sure they are a registered dietitian)

I tried to change the subject several times. But when she said something along the lines of : “I specialize in food intolerances and allergies” I called her out. I told her calmly (in my regular speaking voice.... the table could hear) that how she promoted herself was dangerous, and there was no such thing as a certified nutritionist. I added that she could be found liable if one of her “patients” had adverse effects due to her negligence.

She is upset now and insists that I embarrassed her in front of her family. Should I have said nothing? Or perhaps spoken to her in private? AITA?

If she's embarassed it means she knows she's a charlatan and doesn't like being called on her bullshit.

Anyone like this willing to make health claims and back it up by saying they are certified or licensed should be openly shamed and denounced.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
send the H2O molecule allergy girl to the certified nutritionist after the trolland spring libertarian guy's mother secretly puts water in her gravy

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

The Yuan-ti are snake people from Dungeons&Dragons. I know that story is fake but I love it.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

His TIFU post from a week ago is also a good read

TIFU Unknowingly Applying to College as a Fictional Race.

quote:

So little backstory, to my knowledge I'm just about a 8th Native American. My parents didn't raise me spiritual or anything but I knew they did have a little shrine they liked to keep some things and whatever it was just part of the house I had friends ask me about and it was nothing crazy. They are also really fond of leathers and animal skins which... Cringe but anyway. When I got old enough I asked my parents what tribe we were and I was told the Yuan-Ti. Now I didnt know anything of it but I did tell my friends in elementary school and whatever and bragged I was close to nature (as you do). So recently I applied to colleges and since you only have to be 1/16 native I thought I had this in the bag. Confirmed with my parents and sent in my applications as 1/8th Yuan-ti tribe. I found out all these years that is a fictional race of snake people from Dungeons and Dragons. TLDR: since I was a kid my parents told me I was native Yuan-ti but actually they were just nerds and I told everyone I know that I was a fictional snake person.

TIFU Applying to College as a Fictional Race UPDATE

quote:

So, I've been accepted to 2 schools even with my screw up but turns out that old mess is the least of my problems right now. After a conversation with my parents they wouldn't drop the Yuan-Ti thing. They apologized for telling me but not for lying, for telling me "this way." After some argument I told them I was gonna live on campus in a dorm and they said that I couldn't, and they wouldn't financially support me if I tried. Their reason was "I would be too far from the shrine for too long." I took apart their shrine since nobody was home, I hope that wasn't too mean. Also some of you wondered my actual Heritage it turns out my great-grandmother was actually native but I won't be cashing in on that. And as for what tribe I don't know. She was kicked out or something and didn't talk about it before she died.

TLDR; College still accepted me. My parents insist I am native Yuan-Ti and won't help me pay for college if I live on campus for superstitious reasons. Confirmed that I am 1/8 native from my great-grandmother but of mystery tribe.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for wanting my wife to wear a ring?

My wife is very attractive and is in her late 20s. I'm still not sure how I managed to get her. She works as a medical rep and makes very good money. I was always certain that and does use her beauty to sell her products. Most people talking to her you can see do want to do things that she says just to please her. She gets free drinks at bars all the time. It is kinda weird

We went to a party together and one of the doctors that she sells to saw her over there work me. She introduced me and the doctor was really surprised she was married. That some weirded me out. I asked her why he would think that especially when she wears a massive ring as well. She then mentioned that she never wears a ring when she tries selling. This really annoyed me. Her reasoning was that she thinks that her sales dropped after she got married and started wearing a ring. I told her that the only reason that is true is if they think that by buying the products they can get in your pants. We got into bit of an argument. But right now we are both ignoring that we had a fight. So what do you think? AITA for wanting her to wear a ring?

A millions pages back but, seriously, who is this guy that is somehow angry about having a hot wife that makes lots of money? Oh no. Anything but that.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We ended our fiend date obviously.

Fiend dating is a pretty good euphemism for these failing open relationships.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

UPDATE on the teddy bear story

quote:

First of all I'd like to say thank you to you all, I did not expect to get that many comments. I'm safe for those who were worried. You all really scared me though. I had many questions that were asked so I'm quickly going to reply to the ones I saw the most often :

Why are you with this guy ? Are you insecure ? Why are you standards so low ? (etc..) I obviously didn't write down his nicest description. Apart from this weird teddy bear fetish, he was a completly normal guy, with friends, going to parties, studying and so on... He is quite the "popular guy" in fact even though I don't care about this kind of thing. He took me on dates and made me feel special. I really thought he was a keeper. At the beginning him being a little childish didn't bother me. I myself have stuffed pets and even though they're in the cupboard I used to love them as a kid. That's when he started sexualising his bear and involving me in it that I freaked out. The problem is, it's so hard to tell when he's joking or not. He constantly makes jokes. That's why I never could tell whether I was overreacting or not (is he just joking or does he mean what he says ?). However the one thing I really didn't see coming and you guys helped me realise it, is his lack of respect towards me and my boundaries. Sometimes it's easier to see from an extern point of view. This whole time I was too focused wondering whether it was normal or not for me to feel uncomfortable, and I didn't realise that not once did he help me feel more comfortable despite me telling him how I felt. Thank you a lot because that's the one thing you all really helped me for, I would have probably taken more time to realise it on my own even though it now looks obvious.

About the guy who said he knew him (abortionlasagna) : (Un)fortunately it wasn't him. Thank you so much for help though.

Run away, he's going to kill you, he's a psychopath etc.. Although his behaviour is extremly weird I don't see him hurting anyone. But obviously it's easier for me to tell since you all had to base your opinion on what I said. He doesn't match the pyschopath personnality at all. I'm not allowed to visit him because he lives in a private home (a person hosts him in one of their bedroom) and this person doesn't allow any visit. It is weirdly strict yes, but it's believable and I've seen his sister once who confirmed that she couldn't visit him herself. One thing is sure though, although he may not hurt anyone, he seems to have serious problems and I'm not sure I can handle it.

It's fake, it looks like the movie TED : I know it all looks surreal but it is true. I have multiple pictures of Teddy if some of you are interested. I know a lot about Teddy's past because my bf won't shut up about him that's why I knew I know the movie TED but I have never seen it, and my bf actually suggested that we could watch it like a month ago.

Burn Teddy, make him disappear etc... Haha thank you I did think about it a lot. I often hide him when he brings him in my flat so I know exactly where he is and so my bf doesn't think about him (he always ends up looking for him though... but still it gives me a break)

What did you do in the end ? I was meant to see him today so I picked him up and we drove to my flat. Of course Teddy was there and when he came in the car, my bf had him give me kisses and stuff. I said stop please in a cold way and he stopped. I said we needed to talk and he listened because I started crying. I thought it would be hard for me to start talking but since I was so stressed with all your comments I just broke down and cried. I told him how I needed him to stop with Teddy, that he needed to stop being so close and dependant on him, that Teddy shouldn't come to my flat anymore... At first he was silent but then he said he didn't understand why I was so uncomfortable with it, that he was purely joking, that he knew Teddy wasn't real and that it was hurting him to see that I thought he had a problem. I was extremely disappointed of his reaction and just told him I needed a break. I drove him back to his flat and that's where I am now.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pinecone Sample posted:

UPDATE on the teddy bear story

I'm just joking when I constantly insert a teddy bear into our love life!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Well I prefer to believe that he’s just a moron rather than that he was molested

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I recently met up with a friend who called me up and told me she was struggling with depression. I hadn’t seen her in a while, so we went on a friend date to see dinner and a movie.

While we were at dinner, we were talking about our relationships. We met our partners around the same time over a year ago. She told me that she and her partner decided to have an open relationship. Although the relationship is “open” he’s sleeping with people and she’s not.

This guy is living at her house, not paying any bills and sleeping with other women? I told her that he was making her look like a plum fool, and that it might be the reason she’s feeling depressed and has low self esteem.

She went off about how I’m uptight and judge mental about open relationships. She said that I didn’t have the confidence to share my partner. I told her that I surely don’t! And that she’s sharing her partner but he’s not sharing her. And maybe if she didn’t share her partner she wouldn’t call me and tell me how ugly she’s feeling, and how depressed she is.

We ended our fiend date obviously. Before I hear from some other people I would like to know if I come off as an rear end in a top hat. I’ll apologize if I do. From my perspective, I was just telling her the hard truth as I saw it.

PS I know that this is toeing the line but it’s not about breakups/hookups/cheating. Just about how the conversation went down.

polyamory desperately yearns for acknowledgement on par with actual LGBT identities so her friend is prob just gonna go around describing her as a bigot. no way to deal with poly folks unless you too believe polyamory is the big IQ trick to ethically loving multiple partners that society just doesn't want you to know

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

As a gay man my trick to ethically loving multiple partners is just to not enter a relationship. I think a lot of the weirdos seen in this thread might benefit themselves and their partners by doing the same.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for outing my friends Mother in law’s “profession” as not real?

I met my best friends MIL recently for the first time during a family dinner. I was warned that she was “really into nutrition” but that she had no formal education and was self taught. Backstory: I have my Bachelors of Science in Nutrition. MIL was nice enough, about 5 minutes into our meal she starts talking about how she has started selling a supplement (juice based) and proceeds to hand me her freshly printed business card. It says she is a ‘certified nutritionist’ (she doesn’t know my educational background).

Fact: there is no such thing as a’ certified nutritionist’ in fact the word nutritionist holds no meaning academically, anyone can claim this. (If you want to see a professional, make sure they are a registered dietitian)

I tried to change the subject several times. But when she said something along the lines of : “I specialize in food intolerances and allergies” I called her out. I told her calmly (in my regular speaking voice.... the table could hear) that how she promoted herself was dangerous, and there was no such thing as a certified nutritionist. I added that she could be found liable if one of her “patients” had adverse effects due to her negligence.

She is upset now and insists that I embarrassed her in front of her family. Should I have said nothing? Or perhaps spoken to her in private? AITA?

You don't blow up and call it fake right off the bat. The power move is to force them to admit it.

"Certified? Where do you get that certification? You just buy it online if you qualify, huh? Neat. Uh-huh, and what did you have to do to qualify? What school did you go to? A weekend retreat? Do you think I should go get it? I only studied for 4 years at an accredited university...."

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Mr. Lobe posted:

As a gay man my trick to ethically loving multiple partners is just to not enter a relationship. I think a lot of the weirdos seen in this thread might benefit themselves and their partners by doing the same.

yeah it's pretty loving insane that ppl are trying to cobble together some emotionally dysfunctional ecosystem to gently caress multiple partners instead of the extremely obvious "yo just keep it casual" approach everyone else in the world uses. I think it's horny people with really poor boundaries and emotional issues that would be better dealt with in therapy than some crew of hosed up peeps that may or may not see you as a fleshlight with feelings you have to manipulate

every "poly" person I've met just has this big rear end list of mental illnesses that they don't seem very serious about dealing with and I can't help but feel that the identity is a bandaid to never have to deal with your issues

Marzzle fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 5, 2020

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for mocking Cats (2019) in the theater?

You probably shouldn't have sat near the dude in a full fursuit

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

QuarkJets posted:

the reddit comments are all YTA like more than 5 people went to see that movie sincerely

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Sagebrush posted:

marry this woman

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i thought it was gonna be he had a micropenis and she photoshopped it to be bigger for a swingers website or something.

the spiderman thing is refreshingly cute, he's a moron.

:emptyquote:

(the world needs more of this)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

the reddit comments are all YTA like more than 5 people went to see that movie sincerely

reddit is a furry nature reserve so that's to be expected

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lucrece posted:

AITA for telling someone disabled they should leave the gym

I hate people who think it's on them to "take charge" in places/situations where nothing has anything to do with them.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

I hate people who think it's on them to "take charge" in places/situations where nothing has anything to do with them.

You don't understand, keeping fatties out of the gym is the responsibility of all rightful gym patrons.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

MrQwerty posted:

They sure as hell didn't go to hear this fucker. Silence in the goddamn theatre or yta.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

QuarkJets posted:

He wasn't in a fursuit, he was gonna just CGI his outfit on himself afterwards.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Marzzle posted:

polyamory desperately yearns for acknowledgement on par with actual LGBT identities so her friend is prob just gonna go around describing her as a bigot. no way to deal with poly folks unless you too believe polyamory is the big IQ trick to ethically loving multiple partners that society just doesn't want you to know

Even outside that whole thing, I think that poly stuff would get less ridicule if they could
A)Ever shut the gently caress up about it
And
B) stop thinking they were more enlightened because they were poly over being monogamous, which kind of ties into A. Being poly isn’t a good substitute for a personality.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting to pick up a pizza after working all day?

I work as a nanny for two kids. Both parents work 12 hour shifts, and the kids are 6y and 6mo. The 6yo is autistic, and has been a handful since the baby came along as she is not adjusting well to not being an only child at all. The baby is a handful because she’s, well, a baby who’s teething and exploring and learning that when she smacks people and pulls their hair they make funny noises and faces.

I love kids, I love my job, and I love these two specific kids to death, but my god it is exhausting and the hours are long. Both parents commute 45 minutes to work so I have to be in their home an hour before their shifts begin—my workdays begin at the lovely hour of 5am. They end at 7pm, sometimes later depending on whether they actually make it out of work on time.

I worked today. I’ve been up since 4am, and the kids were both particularly cranky and difficult today. The 6yo is getting frustrated with the lack of routine from being on holiday for so long, on top of already being frustrated with the baby. The baby is teething and had an upset stomach all day, accompanied by copious amounts of spit up and blown out diapers.

By the time I got home at 8pm I was exhausted, sore, and smelly from being puked on and dealing with a poop-splosion. All I wanted to do was shower and curl up in bed with my BF and I’s puppy. But, my boyfriend tempted me with the offer of a pizza—on him. We ordered the pizza, I thanked him, and then headed off to go take a shower... until I was stopped.

He asked what I was doing, and when I said taking a shower he said, “But you have to go pick up the pizza?” Record scratch, what?

I told him I was tired and asked if he could please pick it up because I just needed a quick shower to clean up and unwind. But no, that’s not fair, he buys I fly according to him.

We argued a little bit about the fact that I’d worked all day while he’d gotten to sleep in and spend the day kicked back playing video games. He dug his heels in on the fact that “it’s only fair. I buy, you fly.” Eventually I got fed up and went and got the drat pizza. I didn’t even eat any, just dropped it on the counter and then resumed my plans of showering.

After awhile we did talk and I expressed that I found it a little hurtful he couldn’t just make the short trip outside to get the pizza since I worked all day, and had to be up for work again tomorrow. And the next day. He apologized but still believes that it’s “the principle” of being fair. I think it’s bullshit he couldn’t go get the pizza to let me relax a little bit, considering I always go to pick up takeout or cook when he’s worked all day and I haven’t.

Now I’m wondering, AITA for not wanting to pick up a pizza my boyfriend paid for because I worked all day and he didn’t? He did pay for it so I can see the standpoint of it being “fair” but I feel like it was his offer, and sometimes being kind should take precedence over being fair.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Wonder how he feels about the principle of not having a girlfriend

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

I don’t care what the movie is, anyone who thinks the rest of the theatre wants to hear their riffing is TA

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

for what it's worth, I did see Cats pretty high, and I was completely silent the whole time. Every other person (10 or so) was bursting out in laughter during a lot of dramatic moments. Honestly, I don't think it affected things one way or another.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Laughing is perfectly acceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting to pick up a pizza after working all day?
Dump this dickwad.