Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

soy posted:

:same:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

drat, anything can get you a permaban these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Thanks to the holidays, injuries, and just generally being depressed I've put on a bunch of weight without getting stronger. So the first goal of the new year is to stop eating like garbage. I got an Instapot for Christmas, hopefully that will help with meal prep.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

nooneofconsequence posted:

Thanks to the holidays, injuries, and just generally being depressed I've put on a bunch of weight without getting stronger. So the first goal of the new year is to stop eating like garbage. I got an Instapot for Christmas, hopefully that will help with meal prep.

Hell yes brother. Poach eggs, steam broccoli, make chili. I’ve plateaued at the 20 lb loss mark just from quitting soda and late night sugar bombs.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Oh no

I had forgotten about the gymrush after new years. That's why the gym was so packed yesterday

:negative:

Stop occupying all my equipment :negative:

velocityJE
Jul 11, 2001

~ LOVE FOREVER ~

soy posted:

:same:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

the gently caress is this?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Yeah why was that poster banned

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

maybe part of the fyad purge? (if that's still a thing?)

permaban seems a little excessive for a 1 emote reply

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I had a pretty good start to the new year with a deadlift PR of 460x6. Still slowly bulking, averaging a bit over 200 right now, starting from 185 about 4 months ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B61hoqegZrO/

Do I look fat or should I keep going until 215-220? Doing a meet in April, could keep bulking and compete in 220 class, and then cut a bit after so I look shredded for lake shenanigans this summer, then go back to bulking again after.

Fat face but the rest looks fine.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
In addition to almost puking I managed to tweak a hamstring yesterday, probably during overhead press. Doesn't feel good at all this morning.

Everyone says to watch out for turning 30, but it's the mid 30s where your body really starts falling apart.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

canadianclassic posted:

maybe part of the fyad purge? (if that's still a thing?)

permaban seems a little excessive for a 1 emote reply

I feel like I dodged a fuckin bullet somehow for sure

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Fartbox posted:

Yeah why was that poster banned

I thought the same

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

What’s your go-to lunch? I want something ideally that can be prepared in a batch (slow cooker if possible) on Sunday and then stored to eat over the week by microwaving at work. The easier the better. I have breakfast and dinner down but lunch has always been tricky for me. Looking for ~1k calories with plenty of protein. Maybe a chili?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

velocityJE posted:

Do people just stalk the leper's colony looking for bans they don't agree with to try to rile up the posters in whatever thread they've never posted in before?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dum Cumpster posted:

Do people just stalk the leper's colony looking for bans they don't agree with to try to rile up the posters in whatever thread they've never posted in before?

Yeah that’s why I’m here

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

dantheman650 posted:

What’s your go-to lunch? I want something ideally that can be prepared in a batch (slow cooker if possible) on Sunday and then stored to eat over the week by microwaving at work. The easier the better. I have breakfast and dinner down but lunch has always been tricky for me. Looking for ~1k calories with plenty of protein. Maybe a chili?

I do the rice bowl thing. Layer rice, meat, veggies, sauce. Heats up well and keeps well.

Some flavor combos I like:
Bulgogithing: ground beef with garlic, onion, soy, mirin, honey, cilantro, lime. Shredded cucumber, carrot. Top with Valentinas.

Indian sorta: chicken marinade in yogurt with whatever spices, garlic, lemon. Shredded iceberg. White sauce or roasted red pepper sauce.

It’s really easy since the base carb doesn’t really change. Just cook the meat with spices that go together. Chop up veg to bulk it out. Put in some mayo, hot sauce, whatver sauce to round it out. Look to rice bowl type places like poke bowl, chipotle bowl, etc for inspiration.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Put a scoop of casein in my coffee this morning and it tasted good but made a big frothy mess of my coffee cup.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

barkbell posted:

I do the rice bowl thing. Layer rice, meat, veggies, sauce. Heats up well and keeps well.

Some flavor combos I like:
Bulgogithing: ground beef with garlic, onion, soy, mirin, honey, cilantro, lime. Shredded cucumber, carrot. Top with Valentinas.

Indian sorta: chicken marinade in yogurt with whatever spices, garlic, lemon. Shredded iceberg. White sauce or roasted red pepper sauce.

It’s really easy since the base carb doesn’t really change. Just cook the meat with spices that go together. Chop up veg to bulk it out. Put in some mayo, hot sauce, whatver sauce to round it out. Look to rice bowl type places like poke bowl, chipotle bowl, etc for inspiration.

This sounds nice but I’m looking for even easier. Like ~5 minutes prep. To compare to my breakfast: I make overnight oats. Put oats and milk in a bowl. Stick in fridge. In the morning add protein powder. I’m looking for something that simple. I don’t really care too much about flavor - I can just dump hot sauce on it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

dantheman650 posted:

This sounds nice but I’m looking for even easier. Like ~5 minutes prep. To compare to my breakfast: I make overnight oats. Put oats and milk in a bowl. Stick in fridge. In the morning add protein powder. I’m looking for something that simple. I don’t really care too much about flavor - I can just dump hot sauce on it.
Chicken thighs/breasts and mixed veggies put me through most of the year. I don't particularly care about breakfast and lunch.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

dantheman650 posted:

Throw x amount of rice, ground beef rolled into balls, some cabbage into slow cooker/pressure cooker/rice cooker with y amount of water and salt. Turn on. Just look for one pot recipes to get an idea of the water amounts and timings then adapt for your macros.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

God he’s so loving strong

https://www.instagram.com/p/B63eQgeJIon/?igshid=1x8ucxw9k90u0

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

barkbell posted:

Throw x amount of rice, ground beef rolled into balls, some cabbage into slow cooker/pressure cooker/rice cooker with y amount of water and salt. Turn on. Just look for one pot recipes to get an idea of the water amounts and timings then adapt for your macros.

This is what I’m talking about. Although my coworkers might not appreciate the cabbage...

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Holy cannoli.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

dantheman650 posted:

This is what I’m talking about. Although my coworkers might not appreciate the cabbage...

https://youtu.be/CqrIJeYkJ5A

I haven’t tried this recipe. Good luck.

If you can find a slow cooker chankonabe that might be good for an idea. It’s a hearty stew sumo dudes eat.

E: I think scooby had a webpage with super easy recipes that are high protein from what I remember

barkbell fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 3, 2020

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

the perfect man

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Good lord

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I forgot to take ibuprofen before going to the gym. I feel everything.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

That's... good? I think you're supposed to feel

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fartbox posted:

That's... good? I think you're supposed to feel

That doesn't sound right.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I bet those people with that weird disease where they can't feel pain are amazing lifters.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
No agony, no braggony

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Ruffini posted:

drat, anything can get you a permaban these days.
that guy was an absolute weirdo, so i imagine he did some creepy off-site poo poo, sent a Dear Richard letter about his right to say the N word on a website, or - more likely - it’s another aatrek situation

velocityJE posted:

aw poo poo, what’s up dude?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Dum Cumpster posted:

When I'm readin' a random thread and I see someone in it has recently been banned or perma'd I like to look at where it came from.

this one is confusing; I'm sure there's somethin going on but the record is there for a reason!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Sometimes I feel strong, and sometimes I do supersets of lateral raises and front raises and whine like a bitch lifting 10lbs

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

but but its sub optimal mike you cant expect people to just lift things and not worry about the details until they actually matter

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I took a week off for the dumb flu and now I’m back to some decent soreness after my workouts. Was nice to have a short break even if I was miserable with the flu.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Been feeling lovely for a few weeks but just blasted 167.5kg for 5 on deadlifts which is a new pb

Feels good

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Seems like early morning workouts don’t generally include the resolution crowd thank god

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

bomb posted:

Seems like early morning workouts don’t generally include the resolution crowd thank god

They'll never do anything that's even slightly inconvenient. All you have to do is avoid the most crowded times and you're golden.

I put up a new 5/3/1 thread in YLLS. Probably a few people here are interested in that.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

At this time of the year (as well as every time really) I’m thankful my office has a real gym. Nobody in there this morning, just like every morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

Deloading is maddening. The babby weight I usually lift is a lot compared to the even babbier deload weights