Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

sean10mm posted:

I mean after they moved Jimmy G they went to 2 Super Bowls and won 1 of them and Brady won MVP while Jimmy G started 8 games total.

Let's see Jimmy G accomplish literally anything first.

To play devils advocate, we have no idea they wouldnt have still done that with Jimmy anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

FizFashizzle posted:

So were the cowboys.

That's also accurate, but I'm not sure what you're getting at

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

News:

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1214552124081786880
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1214550576865914885

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Simplex posted:

The biggest weakness of Belichick's system is that team's playing sound, fundamental football can exploit strength on strength matchups. His jack-of-all trade role players can't stand up to sustained pressure.

So not only did he get outcoached in the game, he doesn't really understand how or why he lost and is continuing to get outcoached.

also eli manning

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i really loving hope the panthers don't hire josh mcdaniels

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

FizFashizzle posted:

i really loving hope the panthers don't hire josh mcdaniels

I really loving hope they do so the Browns can't.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

they didn’t

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1214559955983880193?s=21

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Holy poo poo lol Giants. Good get, Panthers.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Assuming McDaniels is going to the Browns this might be the best timeline.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1214252993656152064

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao the giants

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

loving do it giants, hire garrett you cowards

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Rhule going to the Giants was my worst nightmare. He's cool and good and I hope he succeeds in Carolina.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Assuming McDaniels is going to the Browns this might be the best timeline.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1214252993656152064

As a Giants' hater this really is a excellent timeline.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

Rhule going to the Giants was my worst nightmare. He's cool and good and I hope he succeeds in Carolina.

It's utterly hilarious that he wouldn't even talk to them when it was supposed to be his dream job and he had all these Giants' connections.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

It's utterly hilarious that he wouldn't even talk to them when it was supposed to be his dream job and he had all these Giants' connections.

weird how the giants is always a coach's dream job and yet belichick or fox never end up there and they're stuck with retreads

hmm hmmmm HMMMMMM

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

I'm gonna throw up. At the very least they need to get Phillips too. I'm still gonna throw up but less so if they do that.

E: the Giants.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I like Matt Rhule a lot so I’m glad he’s not a Giant!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What does Cleveland do if McDaniels takes the Panthers job? Is anybody else really on their radar?

E:n/m didn't see the Panthers hired someone.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1214355424574672897?s=21

DO IT

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Giants whiffed on their top 2 in Rhule/McCarthy and McDaniels reportedly wont go to them if Gettleman is the GM.

It's Garrett or I dunno Joe Judge lol.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What does Cleveland do if McDaniels takes the Panthers job? Is anybody else really on their radar?

E:n/m didn't see the Panthers hired someone.

Cleveland has like 10 interviews scheduled IIRC, they are trying to talk to literally everyone. It's not McDaniels or bust for them (thankfully)

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
LET'S loving GO

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I feel like there are a ton of cool coordinator candidates out there, from Roman to McDaniel (SF) to Stefanski to Bieniemy. How is it possible that the Giants have no contingency plan outside of Jason Garrett? Have they even interviewed anyone yet?

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 7, 2020

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

Giants whiffed on their top 2 in Rhule/McCarthy and McDaniels reportedly wont go to them if Gettleman is the GM.

Wade Phillips is available :bahgawd:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I cannot believe the New York Football Giants, who just hired 4 computer folks, might be incompetent

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Diva Cupcake posted:

I would rather have McDaniels running my franchise than Gettleman, but it's like being asked to choose between being shot in the head or ingesting cyanide

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I tell you what Giants, I'm also a computer folk, I will be your coach.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

garrett turning the giants and daniel jones into the cowboys and dak respectively wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but i feel like that's fantasy at this point.

maybe he can get wade?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

oldskool posted:

Wade Phillips is available :bahgawd:

I think you meant :baby:

If the Giants hire Garrett I might laugh myself literally to death.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

I would rather have McDaniels running my franchise than Gettleman, but it's like being asked to choose between being shot in the head or ingesting cyanide

The question becomes how sure are you that they'll fail.

Like Gettleman's going to fail, but he's been there for years, so probably gets fired if they go like 5-11. McDaniels after the last half dozen years gets at least 2, probably 3 years even if he's going 5-11.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

You have no idea how happy I am to hear that the Panthers aren't going to hire McDaniels.

Rhule could be the next coming of Tomsula and I would be less pissed than if Carolina had hired McDaniels.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hell yeah gently caress me up with some steroids fam

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1214564366042841091?s=20

lets do it the TB12 way

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hifi posted:

maybe he can get wade?

He worked for Wade and got the interim job after Wade was fired. I don't know if there's beef there but that still seems like it'd be weird.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Another blow to big nightshades.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If the giants hire Garrett I might switch allegiance.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm sure Rhule wanted no part of Gettleman.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Is it too early to give some skepticism?

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1214563798952005632?s=19

Reading that article sounds like it's almost a certainty that Tepper plans to go with Cam next year.

waah fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 7, 2020

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

The question becomes how sure are you that they'll fail.

Like Gettleman's going to fail, but he's been there for years, so probably gets fired if they go like 5-11. McDaniels after the last half dozen years gets at least 2, probably 3 years even if he's going 5-11.

Just pull the trigger please

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Schiano 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

We don't know what a Rhuleman looks like yet.