Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cowcaster posted:

(see: arkham knight)

I'm sure it'll be patched any day now. :ohdear:

(That reminds me, what the gently caress has Rocksteady been working on for the last five years?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

haveblue posted:

It's a game about a deliveryman crossing a strange, distorted version of America and making human connections along the way

Is there someone named after an 80s action movie though

Cowcaster posted:

edit: kind of surprised to see not even a single other street fighter game besides 2 even made the chart. and no megaman games at all

Fighting games don't actually sell that well outside of their hardcore fanbase! Everyone makes fun of NetherRealm fighters but the work they do to make single-player stuff in that game does translate into sales

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

New Pokemon Snap When

What new pokemon would you want in a Pokken sequel? Not just from the Galar region but across the series in general. Separate wishlists for legendaries and non-legendaries.

To start off I would like more unconventional picks, Chandelure, Croakgunk, and Delphox were all excellent choices.

Honestly a lot of the Pokemon I would want would be from Galar

Any of the starters
Toxtricity
Obstagoon
Sirfetch'd
Camorant
Hatterene
Grimmsnarl
Mr. Rime
Any of the Galar Fossils
Either of the box legendaries

I would also like more Pokemon to draw from Tekken characters like Pikachu and Heihachi

Incineroar and Armor King/King
Cinderace and Hwoarang
Tseerena and Lili
Hariyama and Ganryu

That's all I can think of at the moment.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Fighting games don't actually sell that well outside of their hardcore fanbase! Everyone makes fun of NetherRealm fighters but the work they do to make single-player stuff in that game does translate into sales

Yeah I can't see myself ever buying a fighting game again unless it has a fun single player story for me to turn to after realising for the 1000th time that I'll never beat anyone in multiplayer.

FighterZ was the bare minimum I'd accept now, and that was only because it was really loving fun seeing all the DBZ moves recreated so well.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

edit: kind of surprised to see not even a single other street fighter game besides 2 even made the chart. and no megaman games at all
Mega Man never did all that amazingly (I believe the .exe series did the best overall), however much those figures might be curbed by rentals/resales, but what probably made them start drying up was more to do with production costs/time vs. projected returns as 3D began to assume the forefront and popular gaming trends were changing in general.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mega Man has a very dedicated fan base but I don’t think any one game sells more than a million usually. It was like Kirby where it was kept around for a nice consistent turnaround

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yeah the fanbase is loud but the battle network games are the only really successful ones. and the best selling of those is widely considered the nadir of the series so the follow ups didn't do nearly as well

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i just got my fifth badge in swsh and man this region has a lot of bangers but also some real disappointing mons (mostly the starters). the fossils are impeccable perfect blessings tho

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

time to bring up this capcom sales thing again

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/salesdata.html

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

only 4.2 million cumulative sales for the ghosts n' goblins series? this is an outrage!

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

tfw Bionic Commando isn't even there...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Did the Bionic Commando remake really do a dramatic story where the reveal was your wife is in in your arm because lol

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

it was the sequel to the sequel of the remake and yes. it owned.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Everyones Favorite Poster posted:

yes

speaking of, wasn't there some one must fall 3d fighting game or am i hallucinating

also, omf 2097 ruled and they should make a new one or find some way for me to play it on ps4.

You're thinking of One Must Fall: Battlegrounds which I followed when it was announced and played in beta all the way up to release. It was rated poorly and probably wasn't all that great but I had a lot of fun playing it and its multiplayer was active for a surprisingly long time

I'm bristling with excitement for Iceborne, I've heard nothing but good things and put 300+ hours into MHW pc. I knew I'd like it because I've always wanted to play a MHW game but gently caress if that thing didn't dominate my entire year

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Someone list in this thread, every single platform each Resident Evil game is on.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm apparently entered in a huge beyblade tournament during MLK weekend. I don't remember signing up for it but whatever it's gonna be fun.

So uh, anybody got any suggestions on anything to read before hand or links to good starter packs?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm apparently entered in a huge beyblade tournament during MLK weekend. I don't remember signing up for it but whatever it's gonna be fun.

So uh, anybody got any suggestions on anything to read before hand or links to good starter packs?

WELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlVb1p4Splc

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I thought beyblade was just tops running into each other, I didn't realize there was enough of a game there to hold a tournament

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTQkFfsOYos

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Goat Simulator is free on ps plus right now

If you're like me and somehow never played it before

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Relax Or DIE posted:

I thought beyblade was just tops running into each other, I didn't realize there was enough of a game there to hold a tournament

Beyblades contain immense power actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsfJJpwXTXw

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

precision posted:

Goat Simulator is free on ps plus right now

If you're like me and somehow never played it before

The Uncharted Collection is free too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

The Uncharted Collection is free too.

Yeah it's a great month

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Real Beyblades are funny because there's a ton of high quality knockoffs and they're all made from metal so kids are collecting toys that literally spray shrapnel in their face.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

it is

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's like actual physical beyblade btw

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think I might be too late to the party for Rogue Legacy.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bring a banana instead and drop it in the little top spinning arena like ralph wiggum

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The whole tournament thing started out as a joke a while ago for CEOtaku but welp here I am now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's like actual physical beyblade btw
oil it up

and then stick it up your rear end

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Gonna pull my dick like it's a ripcord and santorum they beyblade out

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Roth posted:

I think I might be too late to the party for Rogue Legacy.

it's only okay imo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

rogue legacy came out in that dark age after console spelunky and binding of isaac had dropped and every indie studio was trying to get their foot in the door with their own fairly generic procedurally generated roguelite. it wasn't until around dead cells that the stink of all the mediocre clones got freshened up a bit.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Btw this should all be streamed on twitch so I'm gonna post a link before it goes live

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Steep is free on the EGS (also Darksiders 1 and 2)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm failing to see why Goat Simulator was such a big deal

I mean it's fun for like 5 literal minutes I guess

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Steep is free on the EGS (also Darksiders 1 and 2)

i dunno that price seems pretty... reasonable

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

It's got a couple of fun easter eggs but the whole thing started out as a joke and it remains a joke, longevity was never really a concern.

Maybe there was a trend it was a well-timed riff on in 2014, I honestly don't remember.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think you're just supposed to stream it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

precision posted:

it was an early streambait game