Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the mod discord must be a terrifying place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

yea ok posted:

junpei is one of the secret cabal who knew about PPJ being a godlike spy banning all (none) of the nazis. i'll give the benefit of the doubt and say she got hoodwinked or something, but it's extremely not a good look. i think she's probably too trusting though, but i'm not here to psychoanalyze someone i don't know at all. i hope she'll still be my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've shitted on myself a lot of times and still have some friends around here. Everyone should have the same opportunities that i've had, as long as they've never shitted in the bed next to someone and put a lot of it over on their side while they were still asleep and blamed it on them. if you done that then you're a dbag.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sorry to say words like "secret cabal" earlier. I dont think anything is that nefarious. just lots of misplaced trust. i think i'll go to bed now :yeshaha:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

yea ok posted:

junpei is one of the secret cabal who knew about PPJ being a godlike spy banning all (none) of the nazis. i'll give the benefit of the doubt and say she got hoodwinked or something, but it's extremely not a good look. i think she's probably too trusting though, but i'm not here to psychoanalyze someone i don't know at all. i hope she'll still be my friend.

Didn't Junpei just become a mod like yesterday?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

I can't speak for anybody else, but I can guarantee you that this insanity was as much of a surprise to me as any of you, and I had no loving idea PPJ was doing anything like this, and I assume most of the other mods didn't have a clue either.

Koala's March indicated they knew about this operation in CSPAM.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's my assumption though it seems like a lot of mods did also know. Jeffrey knew which is a problem. This entire thing is insane and I'm baffled as to how no one thought it was a good idea.

We've had our disagreements J-Ru but holy poo poo you're a legitimately good mod. This whole thing is insane.

J-Ru is a good mod in the sense that you sort of forget they're a mod because A) they post and talk with the community about stuff and B) have a positive interaction with 99.9% of the people here.

That said, I'm still waiting for that sixer J-Ru.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Batista - me
HHH - Jerusalem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzobsJyLiqM

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yea ok posted:

welcome to the trust circle. we'll be sending your invite shortly.

Will it be a secretive discord? I know a guy who can infiltrate it real good and get me the juicy details on it.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

whoa there, let’s not say things we can’t take back, like comparing J-ru to HHH :ohdear:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait Junpei is a mod for RR?

See....this is why they're probably a good mod, I never knew they were a mod in the first place.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

TTBF posted:

Didn't Junpei just become a mod like yesterday?

She's been a mod elsewhere for ages, she was given authority over RR recently.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I’m still confused. So PPJ was posting on the permabanned nazis’ discord, and he’s saying it was an “undercover” thing? But other people think he’s just a nazi and spun a story to dodge consequences?

What does this have to do with Benghazi 2? PPJ perma’d her because of info from the nazi discord?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

On a completely different note, I finally caught up on The Witcher. I thought it was pretty good right up until the last episode. I liked that too but what a weird loving ending, it felt like they ran out of time while shooting or thought they had another episode of something, and just quickly wrote a 30 second wrap-up/cliffhanger for season 2.

Also they tried just a bit too hard to be clever through the season with the three leads all living in different time frames that didn't come together until the final episode, it all ended up making sense but it was a pretty pale imitation of what worked so well in Westworld Season 1 with the reveal (which to be fair many people guessed) that we were seeing two distinct periods of time in the park's lifetime.

Henry Cavill's voice was a little over the top but he got Geralt's "gently caress!"s spot-on, and I'm glad they dived deep into the whole notion that being a Witcher is a loving horrible thing and not at all to be desired.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm half surprised CSPAM hasn't tried starting a posters' union.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Cavauro posted:

be extra careful from now on. Don't ever trust anyone except for me.

trust me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbAqainO76Q

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL
Dec 17, 2019

Push El Burrito posted:

I watched Sack Lunch Bunch finally and it's very good.

I tried talking about it in the Raw thread but everyone there just seemed sad.

I really liked it too. David Byrne was in it and I really like him. It was really great to watch while high and I hope they make it into a series.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I hardly ever open any other forums here, so just watching the happenings via the announcements has not been educational, but it’s been entertaining.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL posted:

I really liked it too. David Byrne was in it and I really like him. It was really great to watch while high and I hope they make it into a series.

I didn't love it until the David Byrne bit. Easily my favorite part of the show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

On a completely different note, I finally caught up on The Witcher. I thought it was pretty good right up until the last episode. I liked that too but what a weird loving ending, it felt like they ran out of time while shooting or thought they had another episode of something, and just quickly wrote a 30 second wrap-up/cliffhanger for season 2.

Also they tried just a bit too hard to be clever through the season with the three leads all living in different time frames that didn't come together until the final episode, it all ended up making sense but it was a pretty pale imitation of what worked so well in Westworld Season 1 with the reveal (which to be fair many people guessed) that we were seeing two distinct periods of time in the park's lifetime.

Henry Cavill's voice was a little over the top but he got Geralt's "gently caress!"s spot-on, and I'm glad they dived deep into the whole notion that being a Witcher is a loving horrible thing and not at all to be desired.

The first season is based on a short story compilation, while the rest will be based on actual novels.

It was a weird choice, but that part is done now.

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I’m still confused. So PPJ was posting on the permabanned nazis’ discord, and he’s saying it was an “undercover” thing? But other people think he’s just a nazi and spun a story to dodge consequences?

What does this have to do with Benghazi 2? PPJ perma’d her because of info from the nazi discord?

I mean, Dickeye was the worst poster and/or rovert-ed in like 12 different forums so even if that's the case it was well deserved anyway.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I forget where exactly he said it but Cavill talked about trying to do a bunch of different voices for Geralt before realizing that the games got it right and he ended up just doing his best Doug Cockle impression.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Hmm, been a while since I looked at this thread, let me just pop in and see what's new with--:stare:

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

yea ok posted:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mods are unpaid positions, whose job requirements involve breaking up online slapfights, so don't act like someone wouldn't cut a side deal in a heartbeat.

And nazis, in case you're wondering my price is $18million, your confirmed deaths and one of those fleshlight gimmicks I've never gotten around to checking out.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

The best way to describe the season was you're viewing parts of a broken mirror and slowly it is being put back together but yeah the ending of Season 1 seemed a bit abrupt but I felt like it was an OK ending. Sort of think they could have used an extra 20 minutes to flesh it out a bit more.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Read this post

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3907107&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=34#post501451364

It's a TLDR of what happened.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

lmao at the newest round of drama, 2020 has been a hell of a year and we're EIGHT DAYS IN

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Jerusalem posted:

Cavill's hmmms are very good as well.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
why do people use the same internet name everywhere? is it some hosed up form of branding? like my name on grindr is definitely not watermelongun

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
people still use grindr to gently caress? i mean we use it for drug delivery over here

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WatermelonGun posted:

why do people use the same internet name everywhere? is it some hosed up form of branding? like my name on grindr is definitely not watermelongun

Mine is Drew McIntyre everywhere but here, so if you see anything on the internet by Drew McIntyre, that is me, Drew McIntyre.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
by the way im cavauro on msn messenger

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

because I got nothin to hide. I'd still be coconono on twitter if they weren't little cowards in big jackboots.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WatermelonGun posted:

James Bond doesn't use a codename so neither do I.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What's your most shameful gaming secret?

I don't give a poo poo about beating bosses pure on Souls games. I'll fight them with as many other players as the game lets me.

Also, I don't care about beating a game pure either. I'll cheat my rear end off as long as it doesn't bother other players.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh I will absolutely cheat at every single player game if you give me half a chance. Co-Op and multiplayer stuff I keep it clean because ruining other people's fun isn't fun unless they're lovely people and I don't play games with lovely people.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i didnt like horizon zero dawn

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My uncle doesn't really work for Nintendo.

He works for Sony.

I'm so sorry, everyone.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I will buy a new game before finishing the games I already have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I lust after bass fishing simulators. there I said it. There hasn't been a good one since the dreamcast.