Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

mastershakeman posted:

Tua is going to fall to pick 32, bears will trade up to get him with the 5th year option and win 7 titles this decade

Tua is going to fall to pick 32, where the Packers will pick him and let him sit behind Rodgers for a couple of years before destroying the rest of the NFC north for another 15 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Whooping Crabs posted:

Tua is going to fall to pick 32, where the Packers will pick him and let him sit behind Rodgers for a couple of years before destroying the rest of the NFC north for another 15 years

That's not true!

That's impossible!!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

rabidsquid posted:

if a team trades up to 4 to take a qb another team can just trade up to 3. i think someone trading up to 4 is the least likely of the three options

Someone will trade to 4 if the lions run up to pick up a FB or longsnapper or whatever bobby quinn decides to waste his pick on.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think the ideal non pipedream young scenario would be like moving back a few picks to get some extra picks and then taking simmons or chaisson

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

mastershakeman posted:

Tua is going to fall to pick 32, bears will trade up to get him with the 5th year option and win 7 titles this decade

Why would Green Bay trade with Chicago?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rabidsquid posted:

if a team trades up to 4 to take a qb another team can just trade up to 3. i think someone trading up to 4 is the least likely of the three options

The Lions making a good decision is always the least likely option

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Whooping Crabs posted:

Eh... I'm kind of sick of the Packers picking up injured players in the first round. Never seems to work out that great.

Clay Matthews is the only time it worked, and even still he missed some games due to hamstring poo poo throughout his time in Green Bay.

Otherwise, it mostly just seems to be busts.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/citazworld/status/1214309012130238464

Edit: Nevermind, tweets are protected. Was a thread about how in 2009 she was Aaron Rodgers neighbor and he refused to have his security detail move their car from blocking her driveway so she could get to the hospital when her water broke. Told her to walk.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
RE: Lions draft...Yes in excellent fashion they couldn't even tank and now have pick #3 in a two person draft. The mocks are already funny. OL? CB? Chase? Tua? I think this could be a very entertaining season for NFC North fans with the Lions if they are in Win Now Mode. No more sloughing about, just swinging for the fences. Those are the best kind of failed seasons, and it at least should be exciting as they get some interesting players in there to waste. I just hope Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia don't take Stafford down with them.

RE: Playoffs!?!... Sorry haters but the Vikings looked legit on the road against a good Saints team. Granted New Orleans had a bad game , but Vikings were balanced all around especially on defense. I'd bet on the 49ers but Vikings have a good shot. Meanwhile the only real fraud team left is the Packers. Luckily they get an almost equally inconsistent Seahawks team that I think is actually a favorable matchup for them. So they have a good shot of making a statement they belong like the Vikings did.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, you can call the Packers frauds all you want, but

The Vikings lost to those frauds

Twice

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I mean, you say that, but on the other hand Canada’s History Magazine has the inside scoop...

Can’t argue with 100 years of beavers.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Fenrir posted:

Hey, you can call the Packers frauds all you want, but

The Vikings lost to those frauds

Twice

Shush, you'll jinx it, and then the Vikings will beat the Packers in the NFCCG. :ohdear:

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I always get a kick outta boomers talking about football. Today a coworker told me Rodgers wasn’t any better than Staubach, Starr, Tarkenton and Terry Bradshaw.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I think any of those would be successful in today's NFL if you cloned them when they came into the league and let them learn modern offenses but not one one would be the class A magician with the ball that Rodgers is.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Depends on who we're talking about. I don't think there's a chance in hell that Bradshaw could learn a modern NFL offense. The others could, sure. Tarkenton would probably be the best of the bunch with his ability to scramble. Granted, he'd need the same conditioning and poo poo that modern players have, so you couldn't just yank him straight out of the 70s and throw him into a game full of much bigger, faster dudes than he ever saw on the field back then.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

You wouldn't be yanking Tarkenton out of the 70's, you'd be pulling him out of the 60's. He was in the league ten years before someone realized it was best to just let him go. I think Staubach was probably the best pure passer of the four. Bradshaw was Roethlisberger 1.0, a big immovable object that could chuck the ball deep downfield. Starr I really don't have a read on. I will always argue that if you could ressurect prime Lombardi he'd do well in a modern NFL after a period of adjustment. Dude's whole gig was in executing plays precisely no matter the circumstance.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

sponges posted:

I always get a kick outta boomers talking about football. Today a coworker told me Rodgers wasn’t any better than Staubach, Starr, Tarkenton and Terry Bradshaw.

has your boomer coworker watched a footbaw game

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

PupsOfWar posted:

has your boomer coworker watched a footbaw game

Probably not since the great kneeling.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dexo posted:

Haha bears having a good QB.

I often wonder how someone like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, etc. would've ended up playing if they were drafted by the Bears.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I often wonder how someone like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, etc. would've ended up playing if they were drafted by the Bears.

his neck would have fallen off his rookie year
Drew Brees would have never rehabbed from his injury problems early in his career
Tom Brady never would have gotten a chance to play sitting behind Cade McNown

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
i feel like kirk cousins sucks

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i feel kirk was an upgrade over past vikings qbs (bridgewater injury doom notwithstanding)

however in a generic sense i fear the vikings less now because of what he has done to their cap situation

vikings should have just kept cycling different retread QBs into their offense for One Good Year indefinitely, rather than trying to actually have a franchise guy

after bradford's One Good Year and keenum's One Good Year, maybe they could have brought in Foles for One Good Year, then joe flacco, and so on

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Dexo posted:

his neck would have fallen off his rookie year
Drew Brees would have never rehabbed from his injury problems early in his career
Tom Brady never would have gotten a chance to play sitting behind Cade McNown

Yeah pretty much. Even if the Bears got a legit qb, theyd find a way to ruin it. Like hiring five turnstiles for the oline or changing the OC 17 times over the qbs career or spending draft picks on often injured wide recievers with stone hands.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

GenericMartini posted:

i feel like kirk cousins sucks

That pass to Thielen was legit.

I hope it made him think he should throw long bombs more and he just starts jizzing out terrible INTs from here on out.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Kirk has made many great deep throws. He's definitely above average QB, but not great. Perhaps he is too patient, which holds him back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSt04QipkAQ

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
lmao what's up with random business guy coming over to hit Diggs?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

My favorite thing about Cousins is how his voice cracks when he yells

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

sponges posted:

Just wait until his balls drop, then you'll see some serious poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sponges posted:

https://streamable.com/45lol

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

SirPablo posted:

Just wait until his balls drop, then you'll see some serious poo poo.

that's usually Treadwell's fault

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
holy poo poo I forgot about that Bradford Vikings season

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

bram sadford

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

nerve posted:

holy poo poo I forgot about that Bradford Vikings season

at the time he set a new completion % record for the season

It was a very forgettable season despite that

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Burginator posted:

at the time he set a new completion % record for the season

It was a very forgettable season despite that

mainly because he was like 43rd in YPA

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

:smith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/HelmanDC/status/1215018906278154240?s=20

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

What does that mean? That he didn't watch every play of the 2019 season, but said he did to get the job? Or that he did watch every play of the 2019 season, and despite that, still wanted the job?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

LabyaMynora posted:

What does that mean? That he didn't watch every play of the 2019 season, but said he did to get the job? Or that he did watch every play of the 2019 season, and despite that, still wanted the job?

It means the Cowboys are winning between 6-8 games for the next five years.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

BGrifter posted:

It means the Cowboys are winning between 6-8 games for the next five years.

So they’ll be consistent contenders for the division title you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

LabyaMynora posted:

I just hunted down the press conference on youtube and watched it up to this point... he is indeed saying he lied to get the job. Right in front of Jerry Jones.

Whatever, they're probably eskimo brothers after McCarthy slept over there.