Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

HJB posted:

Jose did you close my GBS thread? I know it wasn't great but come on.

whats going on with SA, can someone summarise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

controversy about moderation and mods

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

grats jose

Ratjaculation posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909824

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

D&D mod Party Plane Jones was active on Nazi discords as ‘Jones’ (yes, everyone there knew who he was, even the fash aren’t that stupid). Passed on the odd nugget of information to the rest of the moderation team when a permabanned Nazi re-regged, and claimed to them that he was lurking undercover on these discords as an intelligence asset while severely downplaying the degree to which he was active and participating in racist poo poo. This all came out in bits and pieces, and the mod team initially assumed that a Nazi from one of the discords was outing one of their informants to stir poo poo (this was partly but not entirely true), so they reacted with a wave of big probations and locked and gassed threads. When the full truth came out, of course, everyone was very embarrassed, and PPJ permabanned himself - but not before also pernsbanning one of the Nazis who’d revealed how deep his involvement went.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Well Harry and Meghan blowing up the Monarchy will be the Brexit distraction of the time, Corbyn's gone so I guess the press needs someone else to point all its fury at, LBC this morning was wall to wall callers crying about the destruction of the monarchy, how could they do this to the Queen etc.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Darth Walrus posted:

D&D mod Party Plane Jones was active on Nazi discords as ‘Jones’ (yes, everyone there knew who he was, even the fash aren’t that stupid). Passed on the odd nugget of information to the rest of the moderation team when a permabanned Nazi re-regged, and claimed to them that he was lurking undercover on these discords as an intelligence asset while severely downplaying the degree to which he was active and participating in racist poo poo. This all came out in bits and pieces, and the mod team initially assumed that a Nazi from one of the discords was outing one of their informants to stir poo poo (this was partly but not entirely true), so they reacted with a wave of big probations and locked and gassed threads. When the full truth came out, of course, everyone was very embarrassed, and PPJ permabanned himself - but not before also pernsbanning one of the Nazis who’d revealed how deep his involvement went.

only KM and jeffrey knew he was in those discords

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
A forum full of funny handshakes and Nazis? Never heard of such a thing

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

only KM and jeffrey knew he was in those discords

Apparently, Lightning Knight said he was the one who told KM, and she only knew second-hand. Or something like that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Apparently, Lightning Knight said he was the one who told KM, and she only knew second-hand. Or something like that.

that might be true and the fact i don't know is just more evidence that most of us knew nothing about it. had i known i would have told them it was uneblievably stupid and stop doing it lol

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Darth Walrus posted:

Playing telephone like this isn’t really what this thread is for. However, no, I did not tell her about it, at least not as an origin point. It apparently came up because of Nazis trying to doxx KM, as they like to do.

There’s a whole thread in CSPAM you can go post about this in, and I have even posted there!

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Not sure I fully understand, but to clarify: Koalas March good, PCOS Bill a Nazi?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yes

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Cool.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Love to see the British press going like "Harry the bachelor was such a fun guy with strippers and Nazi outfits, but now that he seems to have become an adult with a (funny-tinged) wife and is interested in climate change he sucks".

It's just demented to see: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/09/queens-fury-what-the-papers-said-about-duke-and-duchess-of-sussex-bombshell

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Bobstar posted:

Yeah I've seen that before and not fully understood it. Might it not be worth "spending" a bit of extra carbon on a paper bag, to avoid ending up with a plastic bag that never goes away ever?

And glass bottles being heavy is only as carbony as the transport method used - and taking them back to the shop to be refilled (as in Germany) seems better than either smashing them to pieces first, or again having plastic ones that are around forever in some form.

But as with all things, it's probably more complicated than that :smith:

In environmentalism as in everything, everything is compromise, and figuring out what the least compromising available option is is almost impossible.

Sorry :(

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

OwlFancier posted:

I vaguely remember when I was younger getting some books from a series I think called the well of echoes, some fantasy thing that seemed interesting except for the fact that the books kept going off onto really weird sex tangents like where this dude has a super hard on for a hypersensitive nymph girl or something that can't wear clothes, and also there's... lion men or something, and I think they bang too, and I vaguely remember there being breeding factories which are basically brothels for producing children...

Like the actualy fantasy parts were interesting but I stopped reading because the author kept taking time out every chapter to have a big weird wank.

Unreliable narrator of a different sort.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Junior G-man posted:

Love to see the British press going like "Harry the bachelor was such a fun guy with strippers and Nazi outfits, but now that he seems to have become an adult with a (funny-tinged) wife and is interested in climate change he sucks".

It's just demented to see: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/09/queens-fury-what-the-papers-said-about-duke-and-duchess-of-sussex-bombshell

So like, is this worse than Boris lying to the Queen to prorogue parliament?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clive getting at least two "nominate, but won't vote for" https://twitter.com/NadiaWhittomeMP/status/1215278519498039299

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1215258616137207814

latter because he likes Lewis's views on voting reform

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Voting reform is a BIG area in which we need to be more progressive solely in order to unfuck the future even if it hurtsd us in the short term, and it's always been something I was sceptical of Corbyn on, so keeping it in the conversation is pretty vital, but I'm not going to vote for it as a single-issue hot-button because single-issue voting is dumb and how you get Brexit.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

I vaguely remember when I was younger getting some books from a series I think called the well of echoes, some fantasy thing that seemed interesting except for the fact that the books kept going off onto really weird sex tangents like where this dude has a super hard on for a hypersensitive nymph girl or something that can't wear clothes, and also there's... lion men or something, and I think they bang too, and I vaguely remember there being breeding factories which are basically brothels for producing children...

Like the actualy fantasy parts were interesting but I stopped reading because the author kept taking time out every chapter to have a big weird wank.

Jack Chalker?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

xcheopis posted:

Jack Chalker?

I looked it up and apparently it's by a guy called Ian Irvine.

Apparently the one I found was like his second series in the setting or something.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Braggart posted:

So like, is this worse than Boris lying to the Queen to prorogue parliament?

Oh much worse. This is a 'snub'.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Junior G-man posted:

Oh much worse. This is a 'snub'.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

have we covered that loki guy on twitter uploading the dirt file on nick cohen to medium? it got taken down within 5 minutes but apparently it's like weinstein levels bad and an open secret on the zone 2 dinner party circuit

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the top story is now "the Royals are hurt they weren't consulted"

can't imagine why Harry is pissed off with a family that were more concerned about defending an actual paedophile than defending his wife

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

^^^ 'hurt'?? I'm reliably informed there's FURY and INCANDESCENT RAGE

oh also DECLARATION OF WAR of course

Junior G-man posted:

lol

random picture from sometime

troubled harry... conflicted?

meghan all :yeshaha:

MEGXIT

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jan 9, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

thespaceinvader posted:

Voting reform is a BIG area in which we need to be more progressive solely in order to unfuck the future even if it hurtsd us in the short term, and it's always been something I was sceptical of Corbyn on, so keeping it in the conversation is pretty vital, but I'm not going to vote for it as a single-issue hot-button because single-issue voting is dumb and how you get Brexit.
Surely if there's anything worth being a single issue voter over it's the system by which we vote, because that changes everything about being able to be a multi-issue voter.

But in FPTP that means getting one of the big two parties to commit to voting reform.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

have we covered that loki guy on twitter uploading the dirt file on nick cohen to medium? it got taken down within 5 minutes but apparently it's like weinstein levels bad and an open secret on the zone 2 dinner party circuit

i only saw his twitter thread and not this rip

edit lol

https://twitter.com/Lokinash06/status/1215279166695800832?s=20

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Jose posted:

i only saw his twitter thread and not this rip

i've heard the odd thing here and there over the years but apparently substantial pay off money has gone into keeping people quiet

re why he is being protected: he's in deep with HJS and integrity initiative i hear

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

QUEEN SAD

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

NO!!!

QUEEN FURY

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If we're having a royalist civil war bagsy house of york.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

can you even imagine what kind of cardigan the queen wore this morning in response, devastating

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Remind me why 70% of the country support this poo poo again?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I reiterate my assertion that it's a big soap.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Jose posted:

ngl i really want to experience an earthquake about a 7 on the Richter scale

Trust me, you really really dont, there is literally nothing good about that experience.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Tesla allegedly built a vibrating platform that made Mark Twain poo poo his pants.

I'm willing to have a go at providing the same thing for Jose if he wants.

OwlFancier posted:

It could be, we just need to expose the lye.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

OwlFancier posted:

On a rope?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

baka kaba posted:

can you even imagine what kind of cardigan the queen wore this morning in response, devastating

Her 12th century brooch somehow depicted Grumpycat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Surely if there's anything worth being a single issue voter over it's the system by which we vote, because that changes everything about being able to be a multi-issue voter.

But in FPTP that means getting one of the big two parties to commit to voting reform.

Honestly I'd prefer to have a leftist who doesn't want voting reform than a centrist who does, partly because the centrist will drag the party and the overton window back rightwards which I don't think we can afford, and partly because I wouldn't trust the centrist to actually follow through on their promise.