Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bundy posted:

For me, so long as players like Rashford, Martial, Fred, Maguire, McTominay and the youth players coming through are playing for the manager he should be given time while Woodward unfucks the gently caress he's responsible for

100%. I'm still Ole in, but I still have absolutely zero faith in Woodward unfucking anything. He just isn't up to the job, and should be kicked out ASAP with an actual talented DoF installed immediately.

I'm not under any illusions about the scope of the challenge ahead of United, but Woodward's doddering antics will just make everything so much more complicated and painful. United trying to sign Young on for another year is just the lovely cherry on top of the sundae, and an indicator that it's still the same old poo poo: instead of properly rebuilding, Woodward is trying to hold on to players who should've been hosed off years ago.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Please stop trolling me

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Allan Rodrigues de Souza from Liverpool to Atheletico Mineiro for £3m is a done deal

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/381963-allan-joins-atletico-mineiro-on-permanent-deal

Strawman fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 9, 2020

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Strawman posted:

Allan Rodrigues de Souza from Liverpool to Atheletico Mineiro for £3m is a done deal

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/allan-fee-confirmed-liverpool-secure-17536609

This isn't a club announcement! Mods!

e: vv lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 9, 2020

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

There can't be many footballerss who've played in Brazil, Germany, Belgium, Finland and Cyprus. Fair play to the lad

Bundy posted:

This isn't a club announcement! Mods!

Phew, close one.

Strawman fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 9, 2020

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He was supposed to be amazing, but could never get a work permit and stagnated due to playing in basically every league ever created

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Sounds like Reina is headed to Villa, Milan are just trying to sign a new backup keeper before letting Reina leave.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmao

Gigi it should be a banable offense to earnestly post done deals about MLS Funbux trades.

(I know you're just being funny)

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two posted:

Sounds like Reina is headed to Villa, Milan are just trying to sign a new backup keeper before letting Reina leave.

Reina never gonna retire at this rate

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

I have a feeling Plizzari will be recalled from Livorno.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Gigi it should be a banable offense to earnestly post done deals about MLS Funbux trades.

(I know you're just being funny)

Lol the fact that they exist is worth laughing at anyway

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

so they traded a player for... money?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

oliwan posted:

so they traded a player for... money?

listen, they traded the opportunity to sign a player (but only after 9 other teams have signed a player from a very small group of available players) for free for the possible opportunity to spend more money that they may or may not have on something else. It's very simple, you see.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MLS operates under the principle that ifs and buts actually are candy and nuts, assuming they are consumed within the third uneven transfer window subsequent to the acquisition of the ifs and/or buts.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gigi Galli posted:

listen, they traded the opportunity to sign a player (but only after 9 other teams have signed a player from a very small group of available players) for free for the possible opportunity to spend more money that they may or may not have on something else. It's very simple, you see.

Ah yes, all clear now. thanks OP!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Chicago postin here, a huge group of rowdies just marched past the bar I’m in chanting the name general allocation money, absolute bedlam

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
The Magic of The MLS #SuperDraft (Second Round)

:kimchi:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Hi Gigi long time fan

What the gently caress are you talking about

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Bundy posted:

Hi Gigi long time fan

you know, the beautiful game

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bundy posted:

Hi Gigi long time fan

Surely the Manchester United franchise has experienced this same situation when they drafted Pogba from Juventus in return for 100000 Raiola allocated pounds.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/1215411910948130818?s=19

this is pretty sudden, but welcome with Kane's injury

e: drat, must've been nonsense then. it was a rumor that Piatek was travelling to Spurs for a medical

brasstassels fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 10, 2020

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Already gone.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
ok they just updated it:

https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/1215407537677307904?s=19

I haven't actually seen him play much but my understanding is he had a purple patch last year (?) and has been pretty poo poo since then. is that correct? in any case a proper backup for Kane has been a need for a while

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

brasstassels posted:

ok they just updated it:

https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/1215407537677307904?s=19

I haven't actually seen him play much but my understanding is he had a purple patch last year (?) and has been pretty poo poo since then. is that correct? in any case a proper backup for Kane has been a need for a while

This is the case, but the team as a whole has been poo poo so he it might not be his fault entirely.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

If you read Discworld, this is the part with the warehouses for storing pork that hasn't been born yet.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Can any serie a watchers give a summary of piatek? A classic 9?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jippa posted:

not a serie a watcher but he was heavily linked with newcastle and west ham and what are your thougths on our scouting departments ability to find a good striker

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea have taken Chelsea's Marc Guehi on loan.

Already been described by fans as surprisingly articulate.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
pitaeks the super excitable finger guns bouncy guy right?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Eau de MacGowan posted:

pitaeks the super excitable finger guns bouncy guy right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bANHT58Ug-g

ya

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jose posted:

not a serie a watcher but he was heavily linked with newcastle and west ham and what are your thougths on our scouting departments ability to find a good striker

To be fair so have spurs.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Young saga has reached Arsenal levels of comic absurdity.

United discovered that Young has signed a pre-contract with Inter, and are now forced to keep making increased offers to a 35 year old they were willing to let run down his contract just a few weeks ago, like he was a key part of the team or something. To his credit Young has been turning them down, but apparently there have been "several" increased offers already.

Fire. Woodward. Now.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

United discovered that Young has signed a pre-contract with Inter, and are now forced to keep making increased offers to a 35 year old they were willing to let run down his contract just a few weeks ago, like he was a key part of the team or something. To his credit Young has been turning them down, but apparently there have been "several" increased offers already.

Fire. Woodward. Now.

Ole: "Ed I need a young full back for cover"
Ed: "I got this"
*Ole looks on Twitter*
:ughh:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jippa posted:

That’s what he is. Not quite a pure poacher but close.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jippa posted:

To be fair so have spurs.

lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Fire. Woodward. Now.

This makes no loving sense with Dalot, Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah, and Bailly all returning

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

This makes no loving sense with Dalot, Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah, and Bailly all returning

Indeed. It made all the sense in the world to bin Young, but something's made United poo poo their pants over it very recently and now they're trying to beg a 35 year old to rip up his pre-contract with Inter and stay for ... reasons.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Shrapnig posted:

This makes no loving sense

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Is there a least memorable football player than Diego Dalot?

Pretty sure if you showed me a picture of a male in their mid 20s and told me that it was Dalot id probably believe you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Bundy posted:

Ole: "Ed I need a young full back for cover"
Ed: "I got this"
*Ole looks on Twitter*
:ughh:

Lol Utd are trying to panic sign Ashley Young