Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

evilweasel posted:

lol how do you work for the patriots and get the idea about how you succeed in this league being "a raging rear end in a top hat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The two best run defenses in the league this year were the Bucs and Jets and they both suck.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/status/1215360395210317825

lol this loving team has become a parody of itself

good thing they hired this [checks notes] special teams and wide receivers coach? to handle their new run first offense

also no poo poo if you have saquon barkley you should be running the ball and use it to open up the play action game, is that really a fuckin mystery?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Saquon is getting benched because he isn't blue-collar enough

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Diva Cupcake posted:

The two best run defenses in the league this year were the Bucs and Jets and they both suck.

Sure if a team is only good at one thing they are going to struggle. The Bucs gave up 270 passing yards a game, you can't just shut down the run then let them pass wherever they want. It did give some running-based teams trouble though.

Teams 3-6 in run defense were all in the playoffs, it's actually kind of unique that the two top teams were both so bad.

I get your point though. A good example is Detroit, which set up its defensive line to stop the run (which they didn't really end up bring good at either, funnily enough) but didn't really have anyone with a lot of speed who could get pressure on pass rushing downs. They ended up being the number one worst pass defense in the NFL, which certainly did not help them this year. Like all things in football, its a balance and if you neglect either one you'll be in trouble.

Still dumbfounded at hiring a coach for saying something I've heard been said a million times (usually in a sarcastic way)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Better Than You posted:

Saquon is getting benched because he isn't blue-collar enough

YOUR UNIFORM IS LITERALLY BLUE, WHERE IS YOUR LUNCH PAIL?!?!

I get that press conferences are all dumb poo poo in the NFL 99% of the time anyway but jeez.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Benne posted:

ahahahahaha.

This is what got Rhule the job in Carolina too. NFL owners are too loving easy

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

AndrewP posted:

ahahahahaha.

This is what got Rhule the job in Carolina too. NFL owners are too loving easy

These are people still mad at Bill Walsh for making the NFL a ~finesse league~ in the 1980s haha

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
You gotta run the ball just look at Baltimore

*ignores the unique thing about Baltimore*

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

lol

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/SNYGiants/status/1215358385358548995

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So we're just making hiring decisions based on Twitter arguments now, huh

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

What if teams start taking the extremely wrong lesson from Baltimore and start trying to play RB's and WR's at QB.

You saw what DK Metcalf could do with the ball in his hands, what if he had that 60 times a game???

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Remember the Panthers this season? They had a good running game.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Durrrrrrr me David Gettleman me want run ball good...computers?????

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

What if teams start taking the extremely wrong lesson from Baltimore and start trying to play RB's and WR's at QB.

You saw what DK Metcalf could do with the ball in his hands, what if he had that 60 times a game???

Russ is a bad example for replacing your QB with a guy who can run the ball

AndrewP posted:

Remember the Panthers this season? They had a good running game.

The top 4 rushing teams? All made the playoffs

Narrator: Number five was Dallas

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I wish I looked as dumb as Gettleman so I could land an exec job in the NFL

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Baltimore looks great! Inventive power running scheme, offense tailored to their personnel, and an effective passing attack that compliments their emphasis of the run so well that their mobile QB leads the league in passing TDs.

Let's not interview their OC. Instead we'll hire the Pat's ST coach and tell him we want to look like Baltimore.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I can't find the full video, but...

https://twitter.com/PatrickClaybon/status/1215361801728036864?s=19

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
god Gettleman is such a buffoon of course he hired Joe "blue collar lunch pail" Judge :banjo:

gotta pound the rock, what the gently caress is a forward pass?

Declan MacManus posted:

good thing they hired this [checks notes] special teams and wide receivers coach? to handle their new run first offense

also no poo poo if you have saquon barkley you should be running the ball and use it to open up the play action game, is that really a fuckin mystery?

5 bucks Gettleman is still beating this drum two years later still to justify taking a RB with a top 5 pick instead of a QB

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Benne posted:

The Chiefs can’t run the ball or stop the run at ALL for almost 2 years now. Derrick Henry ran all over the Pats and Titans still only scored 14 pats. The Ravens offense avoids this bc Lamar leads the league in TD passes

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Baltimore looks great! Inventive power running scheme, offense tailored to their personnel, and an effective passing attack that compliments their emphasis of the run so well that their mobile QB leads the league in passing TDs.

Let's not interview their OC. Instead we'll hire the Pat's ST coach and tell him we want to look like Baltimore.

gotta respect Bill Belichick's true genius of salting the league with terrible coaches

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This loving guy is the most annoying elements of every giant fan distilled into 1 person with a bad haircut. He's perfect.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah I too saw that on TV

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://twitter.com/Giants/status/1215355049376874498

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/nygdaily/status/1215352088726732805?s=21

:hmmyes:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:yeshaha:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Truly he has unlocked The Secret

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
The, em-dash, only culture we’re going to have in that room, period, is a winning, semicolon, culture, comma. Ampersand.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

ah boy here we go

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Giants are going to look classy as gently caress while living at the bottom of the division for the next three seasons.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
~ * ~ f a r t z ~ * ~

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm starting to feel slightly sorry for Giants fans that they are on probably going on their third moron coach in a row, but... who am I kidding, I can't give them any pity.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This guy is more douche chilling than Schiano. What a loving goober.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Jesus loving Christ. I’ll be over here with my coach helping him chop his dick off. Have fun gints fans

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Might as well just bring back Tom coughlin while you’re at it

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'm starting to feel slightly sorry for Giants fans that they are on probably going on their third moron coach in a row, but... who am I kidding, I can't give them any pity.

Pffft only their 3rd. I like watching the classy facade slowly collapse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Might as well just bring back Tom coughlin while you’re at it

Mara clearly has a type