Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Lucrece posted:

My girlfriend went vegan and started doing more exercise for me but it didn't work so well after all.

Should I let her eat meat again

Healthy_Relationship.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Xenocides posted:

Probably easier just to say which one is the biological mom and leave it at that to avoid very awkward conversations. Or just lean into it and when asked start with: “Well, first she was my mom but then we hooked up when she divorced my dad.”

Our song is "I'm my own grandpa"

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Schmeichy posted:

Our song is "I'm my own grandpa"

I started singing that in my head as I wrote that post.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lucrece posted:

Wholemeal pasta

For a second before I remembered vegan not vegetarian I was picturing meat pasta, and I don't want to come back from that world.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Reminds me of that guy who had no specific duties but just got paid forever

The one with all the globes in his office?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

I like when he found his contemporary.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Pirate Radar posted:

Yeah that one. That existence isn’t for everybody though. I’d have gotten a second job and retired early.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DandyLion posted:

oh put a cork in it!

I advised my son strongly against that, as cork is rough, dry, and harmful to the anus.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Chomp8645 posted:

I discovered a subculture within the fandom that developed from fans of the Clone Wars that developed their own conlang and slave culture based out of Tatooine and it’s now it’s own thing and it’s super interesting

:hmmno:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting my fiancée to strip at my bachelor party?

My fiancée and I are getting married in a couple months and my friends told me they are planning a bachelor party. They let me in on some of the details, basically a regular party at one of their houses but with extra booze. No strippers.

My fiancée was talking to me about what was happening at the party and I said nothing too exciting. She then takes the conversation in a completely weird direction and says she should strip at it. I thought she was joking but nope, she wants to strip, in front of my friends, at my bachelor party. Weird as all hell, and I of course said no.

I thought that would be the end of it, but I guess once a conversation takes that strange a turn it might as well keep getting weirder. She the insisted she strip. She said that all bachelor parties have strippers(not really true at all) and that what’s better than your soon to be wife stripping. Well I can think of a lot of things but whatever. I again said no, and said that she’s being really weird.

I don’t exactly know what’s gotten into her but she got upset and said that I’m ashamed of her body. I don’t know where that came from but okay. I said that was wrong, I just don’t want her stripping in front of my friends.

She’s still upset. I have truly no clue what I’m supposed to say here. Was I rude in some way?

How many of the groomsmen has she slept with/is she currently sleeping with?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Idk a guy who sleeps 17 hours a day and has no job but also fucks sounds like some kind of an achievement

Yeah, they just had an entire musical about their lives with Idris Elba

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Lucrece posted:

In Love With My GF But Going Back To My Wife & Kids
Do you think I am doing the right thing going back?

:hmmno:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Barudak posted:

Yeah, they just had an entire musical about their lives with Idris Elba

:haw:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

DandyLion posted:

This is like me and my ex wife but in reverse.

If you'd given her more than an inch it might have worked out better.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

therobit posted:

If you'd given her more than an inch it might have worked out better.

I'm givin her all I've got!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

I'm givin her all I've got!

We need more dong Scottie!

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for exposing my brother’s lies to my parents?

quote:

Background: My brother and I are not very close, but for some reason, he tells me a lot. I honestly think that he is “bragging” about his lifestyle, but I don’t find anything appealing about it.

My brother is supposed to be enrolled in college, but actually dropped out in Spring 2019 and according to his snap story, has been partying in Miami and doing cocaine off stripper’s asses while probably doing something illegal to make a ton of money (I’m guessing drug dealing, but maybe credit card scamming). Not judging, it sounds like a fun life as long as you’re honest about it.

However, he has been telling my parents he’s got a “full scholarship” and photoshopped his grades, and that he spent this semester doing a paid internship along with his classes. My parents don’t speak great English and didn’t go to college, so they don’t really notice that anything is wrong. I don’t care about my brother’s life, but my parents try to hold me to his standard and are very strict towards me. We are constantly compared to each other and everyone wants to know why I’m not just like my brother.

Situation: My brother and I are spending Christmas break with my parents. I got a 3.4 this semester because I took a distribution requirement that tanked my GPA (got a C+). My parents have been riding my rear end about that C+, and yesterday was no exception.

During dinner last night, my mom was reaming into me as usual and said (summarized) “you want to be a teacher and are getting bad grades, and are not working like your brother because you have to focus on school. School seems like it’s a waste of time you’re broke now and you’ll be broke later if you don’t get your act together. You should do business like your brother.”

Then my brother says, and I quote, “Calm down mom, not everyone is as smart as me.“

The fact he had the nerve to throw me under the bus and imply I’m stupid grinded my gears. I simply said “At least I’m still enrolled in school and not getting high on cocaine.”

This would have probably been taken as a general statement if my brother didn’t explode and start yelling at me. I retorted back with details about the reality of his life. My parents put two and two together and now they’re pissed.

The reason I think I might be the rear end in a top hat is because no one seems better off. My dad spent the whole night drinking and my mom was crying and screaming all night. It’s been almost constant fights until my brother finally left this morning and hasn’t answered his phone. Everyone was much happier in blissful ignorance. But, my brother was the rear end in a top hat first, and he was throwing me under the bus when he knew his situation. AITA?

tl;dr: Brother lies to parents about being in school, made a comment to make himself look better by throwing me under the bus, I revealed the truth. AITA?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Add another one to the "don't poke the bear with the nuke" category.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

ad090 posted:

Scarface reboot sounds a little strange.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ad090 posted:

All I can hear

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3XpImo80neo

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

My [25F] longtime best friend [25M] keeps messaging me from his honeymoon; I don't know how to end the friendship.

quote:

Will and I have been friends since...pretty much forever. We literally grew up together. Our mothers are best friends, and we were raised by each other's families in this sort of semi-commune type situation. His mom is like a second mom to me, and mine is the same to him; we've both always said that we lucked out to have two sets of parents and this huge extended family because of it. I see him as a brother, exactly as a brother. I feel the same way about him as I do my bio-brothers. I've never had ANY romantic feelings for him, and it's honestly disgusting when people make jokes about that, to me. I always thought it was the same for him, because that's what he told me, several times over the years.

We all went to the same, local University and lived at home and by all, I mean me, my siblings, Will and his siblings, to save some money and because honestly it's a great school. So, because we stayed so close, we all met everyone's SOs and really got to know them. I clicked with Will's college girlfriend, Sarah, who he proposed to last year and married last week. I couldn't be happier for them, and to have Sarah as a "sister" in our weird little family, which is what makes this next part even worse, because I'm not sure how to handle this.

Will messaged me on their wedding night, and told me that he had always loved me, and had hoped that I'd feel the same way too, and he only got married to Sarah as a way to make me realize my feelings for him and fight for him. He had tried to provoke a reaction, and he didn't love her, he didn't want to be with her, and now he just wanted to tell me, because he'd leave her for me, if I wanted. I didn't know what to say so I just signed out of everything for the night and cried, because everything about that just made me feel sick, and it was too much. Just...too much to process. It was like my brother was admitting incestuous feelings for me.

He's messaged me throughout his honeymoon, almost all of them begging me to run away with him, and a few of them were blaming me for "leading him on", which still makes zero sense to me. I've never flirted with him. I act the same way around him as I do any of my siblings, literally nothing is different. He said that he'd always see me, in his head as "the other woman", and because of me, he'd never be able to fully love Sarah, who he admits is, on paper, his ideal spouse.

I don't know what to do, because both of us stand to lose a lot no matter how this all goes down. I'm afraid that I'm going to lose my family because of this, and not just his side. Everyone is close, and if I'm identified as "the problem", I'm afraid that I'm going to be pushed out, but maybe that's what needs to happen. I really don't know. Reddit, how the gently caress do I deal with this hugely hosed up situation? I need some outside advice, and don't have anyone in my life who doesn't know any of the people involved in this.

Edit for more information. Sorry I didn't include this to begin with, but I'm not thinking 100% clearly right now, I still feel just terrible about everything. More info: Our families live in the same house, and our parents shared parenting duties for all children. When I called out for "Daddy" in the middle of the night as a little girl, both Dads came running, for example. Our families are so intertwined, and always have been, and I feel like Will just handed me this huge bomb. I think there's going to be massive fall out from this, and that breaks my heart. We're all very close and tightly knit. I keep cycling between sad, angry and betrayed. I'm upset because I feel like he's tasking me with breaking Sarah's heart, and I hate him for that right now. I love Sarah, possibly more than he does at this point.

tl;dr: Best friend who is essentially my brother admitted feelings for me, wants me to run away with him, and I'm disgusted by it all; what do I do?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I bet forwarding those messages to the wife might be a pretty effective method.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My [25F] longtime best friend [25M] keeps messaging me from his honeymoon; I don't know how to end the friendship.

Romantic comedies legit poison some people's brains.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yourhusbandisatrashelemntal.pdf

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Has this been posted in the thread before? It feels weirdly familiar. Maybe there's just that many dudes obsessed with their childhood friends

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Problem Sleuth posted:

Has this been posted in the thread before? It feels weirdly familiar. Maybe there's just that many dudes obsessed with their childhood friends

Its pretty common and men and women do it, although you never hear these stories (maybe once here) from a man unhappy to be messaged by a woman who got married to someone else.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Her only option is to show everyone the chatlogs. poo poo is hosed any which ways, get ahead of the situation while you have a chance of being heard rather than after you're thought of as a homewrecker.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for making my dad's fiancee dump him right before the wedding?

quote:

I haven't spoken to my dad in years. I don't hate him, I'm not angry at him, I just don't want him in my life anymore. There's a lot of reasons, but all around he's just a lovely person who was never hugely involved in my life after I turned 18 anyway. He's texted and called throughout the years, but it was always a half-rear end attempt and the last time I really spoke to him I told him I only wanted him to reach out when he was ready to genuinely apologize for how terrible he was.

He was supposed to get married at the end of January and though it was really important for me to be there. He called and texted pleading for me to come, but I really just had no interest in it. I felt bad for his future wife (he's been engaged four times since my parents broke up and it never worked) and after my brother who's still in contact with him told me this woman was selling her house and moving several hours away from where she lived with a small child to be with him I felt worse, but still didn't say anything.

Yesterday the future wife called me and left me a voicemail. She honestly sounds like a really nice lady, which just made me feel so much worse for her. So I decided to call her back, and we actually spoke for a really long time. His side of the story is our mom filled my head with lies about him and I refused to speak to him because of that. So I told her the truth - all of it. How he was manipulative and had anger issues, how horrible of a father he was, and how he always, always lied. I mean this man lied about poo poo that didn't even matter. He lied just to lie and he wasn't even good at it so most of the time he got caught. I told her I'm sure it doesn't seem like that now, but if she believed even half of all the stories I told her she would keep her house and not marry him, because she honestly might not have a place to live in a year because he's also terrible with money.

Everyone was calm during this conversation, and towards the end, she thanked me and said I gave her a lot to think about. I did NOT do this to be malicious and ruin his life, I did it because she asked me and I wasn't going to lie to her.

Well, apparently all hell broke loose last night. I'm currently sick so I went to bed early and slept in today and I woke up to my phone blowing up and everyone in my family is angry at me. Turns out the fiancee decided to end things and went back home, no argument and no changing her mind. She sent me a long message around midnight last night thanking me for opening her eyes.

My dad thinks I'm being vindictive because I hate him (I don't) and everyone else in my immediate family things I went sticking my nose where it didn't belong because I didn't even want to be a part of the wedding anyway. I definitely didn't think I was doing anything wrong but did I? As far as I'm concerned I kept that woman from being miserable, but everyone else says I chose not to be a part of his life and since I made that choice whatever he does doesn't involve me.

EDIT

so the same things have been coming up in the comments, so I'll do my best to address it here.

How can you know what kind of person he is? He could have changed! Yes, he could have. Just because I don't talk to him doesn't mean my siblings don't, and from what they've told me nothing has changed so I had no reason to tell her things were different.

If you don't want to be involved why did you talk to her in the first place? He gave her my phone number and she reached out to me. I don't speak to my father, but she asked me genuine questions and didn't come across angry, more just curious about my side of things. She started the voicemail by telling me she didn't even know he had a daughter until one of my brothers let it slip, and she found it weird there was a child she literally had never heard of.

You DO hate and resent your father whether you admit it or not! I really don't, but if you believe that it's fine. This didn't come from a vengeful place. I don't hate him, I really don't. I didn't intentionally try to bomb his relationship, his ex told me she had her own suspicions and if anything I just made them clearer to her. She has a child and almost moved her entire life to be with him. I personally think I would be a bigger rear end in a top hat if I DIDN'T say something.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My personal theory is that the reason the "best friend who is a girl now wants to suck my cock" fantasy is so popular is because it involves precisely zero effort on the man's part, and it actually involves the woman being the sexual aggressor, which makes the man feel actually wanted.

It's nice to feel wanted and I get the feeling that it just doesn't happen for guys in a lot of these sad relationships. The amount of "sex is a chore women endure in exchange for jewelry and chores" in media is shocking, and I can only hope is a relic of the baby boomers and not relationships for millennials and younger.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Barudak posted:

Its pretty common and men and women do it, although you never hear these stories (maybe once here) from a man unhappy to be messaged by a woman who got married to someone else.
Sure, but usually it's just a nice guy/girl pining. The whole growing up in the same house with shared parents in a "semi-commune" is very unique.

Thankfully it is just the same person and not two people living that situation: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=2437&perpage=40#post481291494

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I guess there was never an update.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh sorry, you were talking about the commune part, my bad!

I recommend not raising your children in them, all the kids I knew who were part of one were messed up

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

My bad! Didn't realize it was a repost! I'll use a more obscure search term next time.
e: I don't recognize this one

I [30F] am a painter. MIL [66F] asked me to draw her for free. I refused. She's badmouthing me.

quote:

Title may seem like I'm an rear end in a top hat but I'm not. Let me put the background information out here:

She has always been critical of my work and always considered it "not a serious job" and "only a hobby". When I was dating my now-husband, she would always advise me to get a "real job" and do this on the side as she argued "I can never make enough to support myself doing this". At some point she said "you don't want to be a welfare queen for the rest of your life". To her disappointment actually I've been very successful in the past few years and make more then her son does right now.

My SIL (her daughter) has 5-year-old twins and it was their birthday a few months ago. I offered my SIL to make a large drawing of the kids for free. There was a lot of reasons for it. My husband and her sister are close and she's always been very nice and helpful to us in every way possible, and is one of our best friends. I love her and her kids so I offered this and she accepted.

MIL saw the drawing, apparently she liked it and asked me to do one of her and her husband. She gave me some instructions about the size and I told her that I will get back to her with a quote. For what she requested I usually charge around $5000-7000 so it's not a small thing. I usually offer 20% discount to friends so I was planning to give her that discount as well (I told her that she'd get 20% discount). She said "are you going to charge me for it? I thought you'd do it for free like the one you did for [SIL]". I told her that it's not possible as that was a birthday gift for her children. She said "fine don't do it then you so-called artists aren't so different to gold-diggers". I said "welfare queen to so-called artist is an upgrade, I'm flattered". I left then. This happened a week ago.

Today I realized that she's been badmouthing me to everyone for the past week. She is saying that she asked me for a favor and I gave her an invoice and requested payment beforehand. She is going on about how she would have moved heaven and earth for her in-laws and would have never asked for anything and that this generation have no respect and responsibility to their parents and went on and on and on. She also posted stuff on Facebook about this, although without mentioning my name.

How do I handle this? My husband hates family drama and is away right now at a conference where he as a lot of responsibilities. I don't want to put this onto his plate as well. He knows about the initial conversation between me and MIL but not about her badmouthing me. He'll be back in a week.

tl;dr: MIL asked me to draw her and her husband which typically costs $5000-7000. I told her I'd give her a quote and offer 20% discount. She was offended as she expected me to do it for free. She is now badmouthing me, claiming I'm some sort of gold digger.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 10, 2020

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for preemptively buying my wife tampons?

So I don’t track my wife’s period but I’ve been with her long enough to get a sense of where it falls every month. She keeps them in the cabinet with the toilet paper, and I saw she only had one left.

So when I went shopping today I picked up a package because her period is “coming up”. Figured I’d be nice. Anyway when I got home and she saw them she got upset and said it was weird that I did it on my own and kind of creepy.

Is this something men just aren’t supposed to do? I didn’t do it with any previous girlfriends but I also didn’t live with my previous girlfriends for 8 years. AITA?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

We hired a nanny recently and a not insignificant number of my male friends asked if the nanny was hot as the very first question in follow-up to the wonderful news we found someone trustworthy who my kids like.

This person will help manage the unsustainable amount of domestic labor we were both doing in rearing two boisterous little kids and we're optimistic she will help us be better partners for one another and more present parents.

Not "who is she?" not "where did you find her?" not "what's it costing you?" not "has it helped?"

No, instead everybody wants to know if the nanny's a smokeshow.
This is from several pages ago, but somehow nanny mentions bring out the worst in people. We are in a rich suburb/subdivision, and we were talking to our neighbors (both doctors), and nannies came up. Out of loving knowwhere, she says "Thank god we speak polish so we don't have to hire some mexican to watch our kid."

*slowly backs away*

e: almost has bad as another neighbor straight up asking:
neighbor: you aren't jewish, are you?
me: no
neighbor. thank god

Kill all rich white people (except me).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ad090 posted:

AITA for making my dad's fiancee dump him right before the wedding?

He didn't make the fiancee do anything. Nobody dumps someone because one person from their past says they're poo poo, he simply gave her a way to parse things she was seeing but hadn't admitted.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Beachcomber posted:

My personal theory is that the reason the "best friend who is a girl now wants to suck my cock" fantasy is so popular is because it involves precisely zero effort on the man's part, and it actually involves the woman being the sexual aggressor, which makes the man feel actually wanted.

It's nice to feel wanted and I get the feeling that it just doesn't happen for guys in a lot of these sad relationships. The amount of "sex is a chore women endure in exchange for jewelry and chores" in media is shocking, and I can only hope is a relic of the baby boomers and not relationships for millennials and younger.

It makes a lot of sense considering boomers tended to get married basically just because that's what society demanded of them.

But yeah, media is pretty much the worst for this and frequently literally the only example millennials have for relationships outside of their parents (and we all know how well that goes down) and the whole Nice Guy thing is literally a TV show love interest arc where you hang around a girl pining for her for five seasons until you finally Confess Your Love and then become a Relationship with pretty much nothing going on except maybe implied kissing.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for embarrassing some random lady who made assumptions?

So my girlfriend and I were at the mall today, just kind of loving off. When she shops I usually just find a bench somewhere and wait for her to be done. Well this day I was doing just that and I noticed that my girlfriends butt was looking extra fine today in some tight jeans, so I thought I'd have myself a bit of a peak (she is okay with this). All of a sudden, some random older (probably late 30s- early 40s) comes out of nowhere and tells me to stop being a creep. I said, "Excuse me?" She tells me to stop being a perverted freak and staring at women's asses, making a bit of a scene in the store and other people started looking over.

So, I told her, no you're right, I'm sorry. Actually why dont you go and bring her over here so I can apologize properly. So she goes and gets her, brings her to me, and tells me to explain myself. So I tell my girlfriend, I'm sorry I was looking at your butt, i was being a creep. My girlfriend looks confused and then seems to realize what happened and told this lady that we were actually together. Then this lady gets super red in the face and told me I was an rear end in a top hat for not telling her that sooner and that I just embarrassed her, because of the small crowd that were watching.

My girlfriend says I was definitely the rear end in a top hat but also thought it was really funny. So, AITA?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

He's messaged me throughout his honeymoon, almost all of them begging me to run away with him, and a few of them were blaming me for "leading him on"

Poor guy got tricked into proposing to and marrying a woman he doesn't love lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I [30F] am a painter. MIL [66F] asked me to draw her for free. I refused. She's badmouthing me.

Can't she just do it for free anyways but do a really lovely job of it?