Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BobbyThompson posted:

Now that you've finally got rid of the utter wankers that were mostly R. Guyovich and a bit Party Plane Jones.

I just want to say Hello.

I'm back.

I'm also old enough to know how to trigger wankers.

Funny that.

New year, so call me crazy.. let's play nice.

Lowtax is right.

A loving COMEDY WEBSITE.

Not a political avenue for your own failings in life and wish to hate others.

Peace.

(Ricky Gervais hates you)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PPJ and Guyovich are gone but you haven’t improved at all as a poster! So don’t come in here!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I love that we may still be going to war with Iran and they Iranians may have accidentally downed a jet liner and Australia's still on fire and who knows what's happening with the Trump impeachment and we've Brexit to still sort

But almost every front page is going absolutely ballistic over Harry and Meghan not being super into the royal life

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its proper weird. He writes these grandiose troll posts, but no one cares. Even the Discord didn't even notice him.

Hes like the opposite of Bunk from The Wire. Hes not a "humble mother fucker with a big rear end dick". Hes a boastful motherfucker with a small dick that don't work.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like poo poo talking small not work dick gang is slightly unfair given that half the thread is taking drugs to induce that and the other half are destined for dick destruction by semi-accident, and I like all our posters.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Might have a deal to restore the NI assembly? British and Irish government copublished an agreement they are asking the parties to agree to - bit of a wet fart after three years (Irish language rights added through an ammending bill as part of a three bill package that also established a commissioner for Ulster scots, no real reform of petition of concern, more designated days for flying the Union flag from government buildings and some guff about accountability). Oh and also big wads of cash to meet new spending commitments on public services.

Unclear if SF will accept but it's so bleeding luke warm pressure is on them to agree - sounds like government moving to recall the assembly to attempt to form an executive before monday

Edit: DUP says okay right so might as well

kustomkarkommando fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 10, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ms Adequate posted:

I love that we may still be going to war with Iran and they Iranians may have accidentally downed a jet liner and Australia's still on fire and who knows what's happening with the Trump impeachment and we've Brexit to still sort

But almost every front page is going absolutely ballistic over Harry and Meghan not being super into the royal life

Hypernormalisation

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like poo poo talking small not work dick gang is slightly unfair given that half the thread is taking drugs to induce that and the other half are destined for dick destruction by semi-accident, and I like all our posters.
Our posters are brilliant, and if the correct material conditions were in place, all of us would have beautiful huge dicks that work perfectly.

But BobbyThompson will and always will be stuck with a small, broken dick that don't work properly.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Everyone else has the dick presence and functionality they desire, but BobbyThompson's is instead contrary to his desires.

e; Can we all bow our heads for a moment of silence for Bundy, thought of The Rise of Skywalker and died

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Jedit posted:

I know it's considered cool to hate the Royals in this thread, but Harry literally demanded to be deployed with his regiment on active service because he wasn't going to exploit his privilege to sit on his arse while everyone else went. It's not an uncommon opinion that it's a shame he's the younger son.
"He insisted on being allowed to kill foreigners" doesn't make me hate him any less tbh. Even if you're the kind of mug oval office who thinks are brave lads are beyond reproach, consider how many of them had to be put in harms way to keep a 1 mile radius around the golden boy completely free of any possible danger :v:

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Guavanaut posted:

andrew bought the paed dlc

I have often thought that we are blessed to have a pun elemental in this thread.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
So which economically deprived area is going to become one of Boris's third world "free trade zones?'"

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

do y’all think the british public would accept royals with american accents

i’m imagining a world where prince archie grows up and decides to go to an american university on a football scholarship or something and i just feel like the tabloids would freak out

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Honestly it seems like the smart play from Brenda would be a very simple one:

"Okay, it's not ideal but we understand. If you're willing to do a few functions in Canada and the US to help keep ties strong then you can go with our blessing."

Having an 'outpost' of the royals in NA would ostensibly help strengthen ties with Canada as a Commonwealth nation, and help jazz up the yanks about how great the UK is because they go wild for the royal family. Could have sold it as part of reshaping the monarchy into a modern institution and yadda yadda, international ties, global outlook, friendship to all, hopes for a peaceful and prosperous tomorrow.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
A modern institution would probably have to tolerate less noncing though and we can't have that :v:

Edit: and probably not believe in magic blood that makes you better than everyone else, now that I bring it up

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Well, I have that too, it's called being a cyborg and having raw binary for blood :v:

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Chuka Umana posted:

So which economically deprived area is going to become one of Boris's third world "free trade zones?'"

london obvs

londoners hate brexit after all, so they must be given it hard

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I don't even know why I listen to Radio 4 in the morning (other than the utter poo poo of every other radio station and being too lazy to rig up some sort of transmitter to play something else to help wake me up), but this morning they had a five minute report about the tensions and demonstrations in Iraq about foreign influence and managed not to mention America once. Apparently though they all really hate and fear Iran, which has caused every problem there in the last 40 years, including somehow the Iran/Iraq War and the sanctions against Saddam.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

OwlFancier posted:

Did you really just imply that there aren't any cis women reading the thread?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Cis women have been taking the small dick drugs since before they were born and are fine with that.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Pilchenstein posted:

A modern institution would probably have to tolerate less noncing though and we can't have that :v:

Edit: and probably not believe in magic blood that makes you better than everyone else, now that I bring it up

Seems like most modern institutions are perfectly happy with their nonces and only discipline them with suicide if they get outta line.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Angrymog posted:

Did you really just imply that there aren't any cis women reading the thread?

I wasn't really being literal but point taken.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Ms Adequate posted:

The year's ten days old btw.

Maybe we'll get a quiet February. Bit of a break before the Sidhe return from Tir na nOg and Oberon slays Boris in single combat.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I wasn't really being literal but point taken.

owlfancier cancelled, his dick will be recycled (cat food)

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The City section of the Central is long overdue just straight up being abandoned and started over from scratch. One of the biggest problems with it is because of the unique legal position and system of the City it was impossible for them to get easements under buildings, so from Liverpool Street to Holborn it has to follow the streets rather than going in a straight line. This is why particularly the bit between Liverpool Street and St. Paul's is so bouncy and Bank station has that sharp curve in the platforms with resultant accessibility-killing gaps between train and platform. Also all of the underground platforms of the Central apart from Mile End are ridiculously, dangerously cramped even by the Tiny Train World standards of the deep tube lines - it's an outright miracle more people don't die, especially at Oxford Circus.

They did actually start that process between the wars, with the idea being to set up an express service from Holborn to Liverpool Street, stopping only at Bank, in brand new straight tunnels, but only got as far as digging part of two tunnels before the war broke out (that were used as shelters during the war, then became Kingsway Hardened Telephone Exchange). As Crossrail will be taking over a lot of the heavy lifting down that alignment when it finally opens, I don't see why they don't just shut the line down and reconfigure the entire thing.

Post Crossrail they’re going to have to shut a long section of the Central line anyway to build the Shoreditch High St station anyway.
Would be a laugh if TfL said “also shutting the rest of the line and for even longer”.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Maybe we'll get a quiet February. Bit of a break before the Sidhe return from Tir na nOg and Oberon slays Boris in single combat.

February will be full of red-faced people screaming about how PROJECT FEAR was lying and Boris has GOT BREXIT DONE because, with the start of the Withdrawal Agreement, the entire world didn't immediately combust.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cerv posted:

Post Crossrail they’re going to have to shut a long section of the Central line anyway to build the Shoreditch High St station anyway.
Would be a laugh if TfL said “also shutting the rest of the line and for even longer”.

I didn't think they were building a new station, just a subway interchange? Fairly sure that it would beat out Leicester Square-Covent Garden as the shortest tube journey you could take if they did build a whole new station.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

February will be full of red-faced people screaming about how PROJECT FEAR was lying and Boris has GOT BREXIT DONE because, with the start of the Withdrawal Agreement, the entire world didn't immediately combust.

That seems optimistic

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

owlfancier cancelled, his dick will be recycled (cat food)
My dick: Gustaf rifle
Yo dick: got recycled
My dick: looks good nude
Yo dick: turned into cat food

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That seems optimistic

We continue trading as normal with the EU on the 1st of February. There will be absolutely no material difference in anyone's lives, and my god Brexiteers are never going to shut up about that.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

sudo rm -rf posted:

do y’all think the british public would accept royals with american accents

i’m imagining a world where prince archie grows up and decides to go to an american university on a football scholarship or something and i just feel like the tabloids would freak out

Been done mate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrKIP6MVNQ8&t=29s

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Militarydotcom/status/1215412746663223297

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

We continue trading as normal with the EU on the 1st of February. There will be absolutely no material difference in anyone's lives, and my god Brexiteers are never going to shut up about that.

Assuming the Withdrawal Agreement passes and is accepted.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I am not looking forwards to having to explain this to my colleagues

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

As long as it looks like this I'm well happy https://youtu.be/ZxCg26VZ0bQ

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

Assuming the Withdrawal Agreement passes and is accepted.

While it's possible all of the new Tory MPs elected last month will all pull off their masks to reveal they are in fact clones of Jolyon Maugham, and the Fubpee Revolution happens without a shot being fired, it's pretty much certain it's going to pass, and the EU have already agreed to it because they just want loving rid of us.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

While it's possible all of the new Tory MPs elected last month will all pull off their masks to reveal they are in fact clones of Jolyon Maugham, and the Fubpee Revolution happens without a shot being fired, it's pretty much certain it's going to pass, and the EU have already agreed to it because they just want loving rid of us.

I would not put it past Boris to not schedule it for vote and drop us out by default.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

I would not put it past Boris to not schedule it for vote and drop us out by default.

Why? What would he (or, more importantly, the money men who back him) get out of that? Sure they can pick up a lot of quick cash shorting the pound, but they can pick up a lot more cash by doing it all nice and slowly so that there's no real focus of protests, until McDonald's Presents: The National Health Service is something everyone agrees is just sensible, grown-up politics and anyone claiming otherwise is a fantasist who wants to turn this sceptered isle into Venezuela.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1215600220651905030?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

the entire world didn't immediately combust.
:australia: