Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Grittybeard posted:

Charlie Weis actually did this towards the end at Kansas. His theory was something along the lines of 'it'll toughen up the QB and give the defense something to shoot for in practice' or something. It's somehow maybe not the most :psyduck: thing Charlie Weis did.

Yeah charlie getting a kid killed was worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

got any sevens posted:

Yeah charlie getting a kid killed was worse

Wrong Notre Dame coach unless I'm forgetting something, which is possible.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

AndrewP posted:

gotta respect Bill Belichick's true genius of salting the league with terrible coaches

Hilariously, his coaches are actually pretty good against him (except he eats Bill O'Brien alive).

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Codependent Poster posted:

poo poo. Does any NFL team want to hire me? I can go into an interview and say poo poo like "You have to run and stop the run! You have to establish a winning culture! You have to score more points than the other team!"

No you can’t. When the day came and you realized the chance of life changing money was right there for you to grab you would choke and try to put together an earnest interview. You don’t have the commitment or the lack of clarity required to tell a GM considering hiring you that Winning Is A State of Mind That Comes From the Heart. None but a select few do. They would find you at the first handshake and cast you out.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

When I think NYC I think blue collar.

About 3.6 million people (43% of 8.4 million) in NYC live at or near the poverty line, more than the entire population of any other US city proper except LA

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

DeimosRising posted:

About 3.6 million people (43% of 8.4 million) in NYC live at or near the poverty line, more than the entire population of any other US city proper except LA

San Francisco has a massive homeless problem and I would not say that San Fransisco is a lunch pail blue collar city

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
It's almost like these giant cities have alot of different kinds of people in them.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Play posted:

are you a mostly bald white man with a large build that looks half muscle and half fat? you're most of the way there already

Wait wait wait is this all it takes? gently caress. gently caress, I gotta make some phone calls.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

pasaluki posted:

It's almost like these giant cities have alot of different kinds of people in them.

No you see, San Francisco is all gay tech millionaires and New York City is just Times Square and it's populated entire by anthropomorphized hedge funds

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Nodoze posted:

San Francisco has a massive homeless problem and I would not say that San Fransisco is a lunch pail blue collar city

It takes 45 blue collar incomes to be homeless in San Francisco.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
NYC will always be the sketchy as gently caress town from 70s and 80s movies in my head

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Randaconda posted:

NYC will always be the sketchy as gently caress town from 70s and 80s movies in my head

In the 60s and 70s, Italian ww2 movies were filmed in NYC

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1215650153295683585

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Hope Peyton Hillis comes out of retirement and signs with the Browns

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

In the 60s and 70s, Italian ww2 movies were filmed in NYC

I choose to believe Escape from New York was an exact portrait of the city.

This seems like setting up an excuse to blame his wife rather than him to me :tinfoil:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I choose to believe Escape from New York was an exact portrait of the city.

The correct portrait is Death Wish 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Bk1IsaWm0

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

I find Booger affable and ok if he has time to think through what he's going to say. As a color guy he does not have time to figure out what he's going to say and just says the dumbest poo poo. Not that he doesn't say dumb poo poo at other times, but it's so much worse when he has to talk in real time.

I find Booger to be a nice guy and I want to like him, but he's just absolutely terrible at that job.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Grittybeard posted:

This seems like setting up an excuse to blame his wife rather than him to me :tinfoil:

Yup. "Josh liked Cleveland, but his wife, Brillo, didn't want to move the kids there," or some poo poo.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Booger once said on Monday Night Football that "stats are like bikinis - they show a lot of things but not everything" and I just lol'd

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

The correct portrait is Death Wish 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Bk1IsaWm0

It's beautiful.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Booger is really good but only when he can't hide how mad he is about something

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Booger should be part of one of the major networks C teams, he’d get better and I wouldn’t have to listen to him every single week

Send Tessitore back to boxing

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The only true solution is to combine Booger with Kevin Harlan.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

just get rid of MNF

gently caress everything that's kept alive by boomer nostalgia

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

just get rid of MNF

Ok zoomer

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

wandler20 posted:

So the DC the Panthers are hiring was in the NFL for 3 seasons with the Lions including the season they went winless.

goddamnit :baby: is right there
we even run a 3-4 already for christ's sake

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oldskool posted:

goddamnit :baby: is right there
we even run a 3-4 already for christ's sake

oh yeah wouldn't want to lose the progress we made on that.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

oh yeah wouldn't want to lose the progress we made on that.

I'd rather have Wade trying to fix our 3-4 than a Big 12 defensive coordinator. But I'm also just a big fan of Wade and having a former NFL HC on staff would be beneficial for a first-timer.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Monday night football as it’s currently constructed loving sucks and has sucked basically ever since moving to ESPN. If they were still locked in on the best matchup of the week like SNF ostensibly is, it would still be watchable in spite of the awful announcers, production values, and audio/visual fuckups, but the games usually suck butt and the announcers are garbage. Just put Mina Kimes on color and spend whatever you got to poach somebody who’s actually good from another network.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Two thoughts on NYC:

First, the entire city needs to be power washed.

Second, In a year and a half of living in DC and using the Metro, no poop. Second time on the NYC subway, there was poop.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Colostomy Bag posted:

The only true solution is to combine Booger with Kevin Harlan.
same

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

just get rid of MNF

Football on Monday night is good and necessary.

MNF and its love affair with its own history is not.

SNF is heading down that road pretty fast, too

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Personally I think we should have 3 games every monday.

Nov 6, 2002

It's no secret why MNF has been bad:

And this image leaves off the worst group of the bunch which was the three clowns before 2006 when ESPN took over.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
No MNF broadcast team will be any worse than whichever one includes Trent Dilfer

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Second time on the NYC subway, there was poop.
If it’s rush hour and all subway cars are packed except one, don’t get on that one. Easy rule of thumb.

I have no advice on avoiding the occasional sight of a prolapsed rectum on the platform or a drunk pissing on the steps but eventually you deaden your sensibilities.

All this is to say Joe Judge is the prolapsed rectum if coaching hires.

Nov 6, 2002

Better Than You posted:

No MNF broadcast team will be any worse than whichever one includes Trent Dilfer

Eh, I would argue that Bryant Gumbel on the original NFL TNF broadcast was probably worse.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Hunt11 posted:

Why would you want anyone connected with the 08 Lions?

I don't want him at all, it would one the worst decisions possible, absolute idiocy

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Tirico years were good, especially after they jettisoned Jaworski.

I think Tessitore/Booger is somehow the best combination they've had since Tirico left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Booger is definitely an upgrade over Witten, but then again anyone would be.