Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Yup, everything is working fine now.

e: update in the previous page

radintorov fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The uncut version is set to private. :(

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Geemer posted:

The uncut version is set to private. :(

Try it now. I was in a rush this morning trying to fix the other screw up.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

Try it now. I was in a rush this morning trying to fix the other screw up.

It works now, thanks!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Finally, you get my favorite manager in the game. :) The schoolgirl was a close second.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Nugget is one of the most iconic moments in Yakuza 0--nay, in all of Yakuza.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Hey, that's the bird from the gang tag!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I get the feeling that if Kiryu let the lady cook the chicken, she'd return with a ham sandwich. And probably not a fancy one either, just two slices of bread, no butter and a single slice of processed ham.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Fun fact, Nugget was so popular, he ended up getting added into Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise as free DLC. I believe one of his descendants appears in the upcoming Yakuza 7 as well!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
A Seiko watch?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Completely unrelated thing (that is also getting X-posted with the Judgment thread), but Star Citizen had a free weekend-type deal last week, so I played it! Jobbo has a lot to say about that project, so we made a video about it!

Star Citizen Free Fly - Please Give Me a Menu

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I like how the lad went from innocent to sophisticated just from Kiryu succeeding in his quest.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Thanks for posting all of Dolce Kamiya's responses to Kiryu's postcards. I was thinking as I watched this episode- what would he say in response to Substory X? Wish I could find out without playing through hours upon hours of the game again, I'm going to have to search for a YouTube video of it... and then you save me the trouble! You're a great LPer, Chaos! Looking forward to the next vid.

Oh, and btw, Miracle Johnson is the Popstar Prince, not the King of Pop. Not that it matters, we all who of whom he's an expy. That John Jay Smith guy who voiced a character in a great Simpsons episode. But still, get the game terminology right, please. :)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I've been catching up on the episodes again and felt the need to point out that Heartbreak Mermaid appears to be based on Samishii Nettaigyo by Wink, rather than Plastic Love by Mariya Takeuchi (which is also a great song but doesn't bear much resemblance to Heartbreak Mermaid).

Speaking of Heartbreak Mermaid, I almost like the interjections better than those in Rouge of Love. :byodood: CHAN CHAN CHACHACHACHAN :byodood: I may or may not do the interjections every time I listen to the song

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Doc M posted:

I've been catching up on the episodes again and felt the need to point out that Heartbreak Mermaid appears to be based on Samishii Nettaigyo by Wink, rather than Plastic Love by Mariya Takeuchi (which is also a great song but doesn't bear much resemblance to Heartbreak Mermaid).

Speaking of Heartbreak Mermaid, I almost like the interjections better than those in Rouge of Love. :byodood: CHAN CHAN CHACHACHACHAN :byodood: I may or may not do the interjections every time I listen to the song

Oh yeah its that song! I don't know why I always think its Plastic Love, but its 100% Samishii Nettaigyo.

The interjections are fun, but I just really enjoy everyone going ballistic in Rouge of Love.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The definitive version of Rouge of Love is in Yakuza 5.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Just a heads up, I'm gonna take a break from uploading til the new year since I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow. This goes for all three LPs I'm currently running, so no matter where you see this message, I hope you have a great rest of the year, and hope to see you all back when we pick things back up next year!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Aaaaand we're back!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
This quickly went from "Yay, you're back!" to "Oh no, why?"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Something has been confusing me in this game. When these business owners ask Kiryu to manage their property for them, what are they actually asking him to do? What is his job? What do all the people he's hiring do all day? Ginji says that it's hard to do business because tycoons are buying up properties and "doing as they please", and so he wants to hire Kiryu to... do something to counteract that? :confused:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Well, the people who manage property I know about in real life do things like bureaucracy, maintenance, security, leasing... Kiryu does employ people specifically for one of those things- security. Maybe management does the rest? Maybe the fees the Billionaires charge are much higher than his and their services are lower standard? I'm not sure exactly, so much in the Yakuza series is vague. The issue becomes muddled even further when you consider that the Leisure & Electronics Kings have become Kiryu's subordinates by this point and are presumably no longer up to their old tricks.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I think Kiryu does landlord-type things, so he makes sure the facilities are running properly, that the tenants have what they need to do their business, that there aren’t any assholes trying to stir up poo poo, etc. Since Kiryu’s the head of this little real estate operation, he’s not the one overseeing things directly, that’s at the hands of the managers he hires, but they’re still operating under his rules and guidelines, so the former members of the Five Billionaires are just extensions of Kiryu’s will at that point.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

a chicken is checking the pipes in the kitchen, that's what's happening when Kiryu assigns Nugget to a property

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Correct!

Took forever to get a new band for it, but its great (even if I tend to like my Rip Curl one a little more)!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Carlosologist posted:

a chicken is checking the pipes in the kitchen, that's what's happening when Kiryu assigns Nugget to a property

I was thinking Pest Control, actually.

I should learn to stop stereotyping.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
...Did you put all the uncomfortable stuff in a row to get it over with or to torture us? I didn't think it could be much worse than the telephone club, but then the bad trans woman, and then, ...that.

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 10, 2020

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

A little of column A, a little of column B. :v:

I think my thought process for this during editing "oh, the Pleasure King stuff isn't really all that long for an episode if I'm excising Telephone Club, let me throw in something stupid to pad it out" and I randomly picked that one and decided "yeah let's make this one suuuuuper uncomfortable!"

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I think the PK is the most despicable of the Billionaires personally. Nothing against people of their gender, I just don't think I'd be comfortable spending time with them personally, nor could I trust them. The dialogue the PK has in the game backs me up. In Kiryu's place, I would have told the PK to get out of town and never come back. I never used them as an advisor either.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight posted:

I think the PK is the most despicable of the Billionaires personally. Nothing against people of their gender, I just don't think I'd be comfortable spending time with them personally, nor could I trust them. The dialogue the PK has in the game backs me up. In Kiryu's place, I would have told the PK to get out of town and never come back. I never used them as an advisor either.

Yeaaah the Pleasure King feels incredibly predatory to me and that's not cool!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The interview substories are amusing as heck, whether you say yes or no. I am surprised they really do pay cab fare for applicants in Japan, though. Doesn't surprise me some people use it as a scam- I'd guess they profit by taking the bus instead?

Oh, and if you say yes to a bad applicant, all you get is a scene where Kiryu and the secretary expect them to show up for work the next day, they don't, and Kiryu realizes they were just interviewing for cab fare. Then you can do the next interview later.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 9, 2020

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I feel like Jobbo either haven't met many girls or just haven't seen them write things. My handwriting is almost illegible, and I know a lot of other women with almost as bad handwriting as mine. Might not be the majority of women, but all of us having pretty handwriting definitely isn't true!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Thesaya posted:

I feel like Jobbo either haven't met many girls or just haven't seen them write things. My handwriting is almost illegible, and I know a lot of other women with almost as bad handwriting as mine. Might not be the majority of women, but all of us having pretty handwriting definitely isn't true!

Canadian girls have good handwriting :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Well, you got me there. I don't know any Canadian women, so I am just going to believe you are right.