Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Browns gotta have to settle for Jim Tomsula after it's all said and done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/kevin_kinkead/status/1215365800867127297?s=21
https://twitter.com/kevin_kinkead/status/1215372533119188996?s=21

This might be total garbage but it somehow seems like a thing Doug would do, especially considering Doug handles gameday playcalling duty

I'll take McCown as QB coach in a heartbeat. OC, ehhh

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

There's presumably no reason not to take your time now, but I also want to see how the Browns can screw up by taking their time.

Texans fire BoB after 50-0 blowout, hire McDaniels.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I get the feeling that Mrs. McDaniels keeps Babby Josh in check

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Taking their time my rear end, they gave themselves a deadline of Saturday to hire a coach and decide whether or not to renew DePodesta on Sunday.

They hosed it up.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I mean McDaniels probably hosed it up too, inasmuch as he probably only wanted to get an offer from the Browns to shop to other teams. Now there are no other teams :laugh:

He'll probably end up taking Haslam's money and Haslam will end up giving it to him because what else can they do.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Will McDaniels run Mayfield out of Cleveland for Tom Brady, or try to turn Mayfield *into* Tom Brady?

And which one will be more tragicomic?

e: Comedy trade for Jacoby Brissett Jarrett Stidham option.

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?
If Eli retires Peyton is going into TV. Doesn't want to critique his brother on TV.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
McDaniels will try to bully him and Mayfield will just laugh it off, leading to him being traded for Jared Goff

Hollywood Mayfield has a nice ring to it

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

seiferguy posted:

Browns gotta have to settle for Jim Tomsula after it's all said and done!

Jim Tomsula would have gotten them to the wild card this year

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

sean10mm posted:

Will McDaniels run Mayfield out of Cleveland for Tom Brady, or try to turn Mayfield *into* Tom Brady?

And which one will be more tragicomic?

e: Comedy trade for Jacoby Brissett Jarrett Stidham option.

If last year's rumors coming from Boston talking heads are true he loved/s Mayfield

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ok now there's no deadline

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1215752037197058050?s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Play posted:

Kitchens are for women, not manly men who use their power and influence to Judge lesser beings. case closed

:ramsay:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Can't wait for the Browns to hire the ST coach of whoever wins the Super Bowl.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sorry I was channeling my inner Gettleman. I'm not that happy at what came out either

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/kevin_kinkead/status/1215365800867127297?s=21
https://twitter.com/kevin_kinkead/status/1215372533119188996?s=21

This might be total garbage but it somehow seems like a thing Doug would do, especially considering Doug handles gameday playcalling duty

I dunno, isn’t talking specifics about everything you heard from one particular source a good way to get that source busted or at least not talking to you again? Kinda seems like a funny thing to do to just to add a bit more ‘this could totally be serious you guys’ energy to a thing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ok now there's no deadline

Maybe they'll do the smart thing and wait to interview Roman or Saleh. Did they already interview Bienemy?

I just realized I wrote do the smart thing relating to the Browns, so no.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Maybe they'll do the smart thing and wait to interview Roman or Saleh. Did they already interview Bienemy?

Roman and Saleh were already interviewed during the bye week.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
That Joe Judge press conference was legitimately pathetic.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Arkhams Razor posted:

Roman and Saleh were already interviewed during the bye week.

Well in that case they can't actually hire them until they're out right? Like if you were a Browns fan with hope, which is another thing that you shouldn't be.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He and Gettleman deserve each other, bunch of idiots

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Here's the tracker of everyone that's been interviewed according to the team

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/cleveland-browns-head-coach-interview-tracker

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's no secret why MNF has been bad:

And this image leaves off the worst group of the bunch which was the three clowns before 2006 when ESPN took over.

rip the booger mobile

imagine paying to go to a game and having to sit behind that nonsense lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What'd he say? God, I miss Deadspin for things like this.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
IMO ESPN went in the wrong direction with the Boogermobile. They needed to him up in the nosebleeds with the fans. Have Booger or Erin Andrews ask a group of hammered joe sixpacks what the Giants need to do to regain momentum in the second half.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

IMO ESPN went in the wrong direction with the Boogermobile. They needed to him up in the nosebleeds with the fans. Have Booger or Erin Andrews ask a group of hammered joe sixpacks what the Giants need to do to regain momentum in the second half.

This... is a really good idea.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Roman and Saleh could easily be a bit overrated right now, one for having the best player in football this year as his quarterback (and one of the best teams overall) and the other for having the best defensive line in football by a large margin (and one of the best teams overall). Not saying they're bad, but it's probably a leap to say they're definitely good

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

run da bawl

or let eli chuck it to owdell

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

Roman and Saleh could easily be a bit overrated right now, one for having the best player in football this year as his quarterback (and one of the best teams overall) and the other for having the best defensive line in football by a large margin (and one of the best teams overall). Not saying they're bad, but it's probably a leap to say they're definitely good

Saleh is still unproven Roman has been involved in a lot of good offenses between Stanford, The 49ers and the Ravens. Even his stint in Buffalo is pretty good given what he was working with.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

shirts and skins posted:

What'd he say? God, I miss Deadspin for things like this.

Just the usually tough guy cliche nonsense. We’re going to play 60 mins of hard nose football, run the ball and stopping the run blah blah blah

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Play posted:

Saleh really looks the part on the sideline but I'm not certain about his defense though. It's loving stacked this year but I don't know anything about the previous. I do get overrated vibes from him to.

Edit: brown's reddit is tracking Haslams plane now. All the candidates have been flown on his plane.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 11, 2020

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Play posted:

Counterpoint: you're judged relative to your peers, and YOWZA what a grading curve

There's reasons to view them as equal-or-better options at HC for:

NYJ
CLE
CIN
JAX
OAK
DEN
DAL
WAS
NYG
DET
CAR
ATL

And depending on how much you value "making the playoffs" vs "maximizing your potential", there may be merit to considering HOU, S.D, and CHI.

I don't think JUDGE JOE COACH and Rivera and Fat Mike would have prompted similarly lengthy lists, but what do I know. I just like to post here while seeking solace from our hellish planescape.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kalensc posted:

Counterpoint: you're judged relative to your peers, and YOWZA what a grading curve

There's reasons to view them as equal-or-better options at HC for:

NYJ
CLE
CIN
JAX
OAK
DEN
DAL
WAS
NYG
DET
CAR
ATL

Oh totally. And they both seem like good candidates. Really what I'm trying to point out is how woefully uneducated we as fans are about coaching hires. There's only so much to go on when you don't know these people, haven't seen them work at length, haven't talked to their coworkers, haven't investigated their organizational structure, haven't heard their plans for the future of the team, haven't experienced their people skills outside of press conferences and hype videos, etc. etc. Performance on the field is a great indicator, certainly, but it remains only a part of the whole.

I'll poo poo out my opinions as readily as the next guy, don't get me wrong. As fans we work with what we got. One of the reasons I like Hard Knocks is seeing how the coaches act and whether it fits your expectations, and even that is still highly sanitized and doesn't show the important bits

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1215814943687237632?s=21

This seems... fine?

Edit: this too

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1215816267107643393?s=21

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 11, 2020

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1216011680640974849?s=21

probably not!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1216067066521718784

He seems like a pretty good candidate from what little I know about him. Like, good enough that I hope he doesn't ruin his career by going to the Browns.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

McDaniels and anyone from Indy is a match made in Browns heaven.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Any chance McDaniels hired that Indy guy in the first place before he bailed on that job?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Any chance McDaniels hired that Indy guy in the first place before he bailed on that job?

I think he's Ballard's hire, he was in Seattle before Indy. If there's any coaching connection to him amongst the obvious candidates it'd be Saleh, but he was just a QC coach when they worked together happened to be in the same place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Dodds would be a Ballard guy. McDaniels wouldn't have brought him