Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shipon posted:

they absolutely knew. they were trying to gotcha them on the drug references thing

Disappointed Matt didn't get to tell them about his adventures on acid at Ozy Fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Amber gives the best christmas presents.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i love a happy felix

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Amber gives the best christmas presents.

Figuarts Vegeta is pretty good.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Autism Sneaks posted:

Nathan J. Robinson was on the latest On the Media and if I never heard his voice for the rest of my life it would be too soon. I did appreciate him trashing regular guests Vox though

You know that accent is not real right?

Prince Myshkin posted:

See you in 364 days!

Nah. I think I’ll stay. The thing about radlibs is they’re just not that different from the neocons who claim everything is antisemitism. Like them the cannot actually make an honest argument so everything that they don’t a hundred percent agree with is either neonazi or fascist.

forkboy84 posted:

Disappointed Matt didn't get to tell them about his adventures on acid at Ozy Fest.

Cannot believe they did not do a 2019 ozyfest episode.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 21:45 on Jan 12, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Crowsbeak posted:

Cannot believe they did not do a 2019 ozyfest episode.

Wasn't OZYfest canceled last year because of a dangerous heat wave?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Crowsbeak posted:

no poo poo sherlock

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Robinson had his mom call into his podcast to tell everyone that his accent is real lmao.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

Wasn't OZYfest canceled last year because of a dangerous heat wave?

Look if it had ran and Matt had gone and died. I would miss Matt but the fact that so many of the attendees would not have survived the heat either would have made it worth it.

ATP_Power posted:

Robinson had his mom call into his podcast to tell everyone that his accent is real lmao.

Please tell me the episode. :lol:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

ATP_Power posted:

I think you mean his mum 🙃

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

ive been binging the michael moore podcast and just listened to the robert deniro ep

the things he hates trump for, insulting mccain the fbi and cia, are probably the best things trump ever did

deniro is a helplessly succbrained boomer lib, too bad he is a great actor even if a lot of his later work has been in dogshit movies

also if you want to know who the bloomberg base is, it's rich idiots like robert deniro

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

C-SPAM endorsed candidate Jess Scarane went on the C-SPAM produced Illenials podcast!

C-SPAM!

https://twitter.com/illennialspod/status/1216414554932031488

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's when you look or act like diddy kong

so president of the dsa nick mullen is the most didactic of all time

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Percelus posted:

so president of the dsa nick mullen is the most didactic of all time

https://youtu.be/9juiaa5sECE

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
what if cranky kong was jeffrey epstein. theyd call him diddly kong

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Percelus posted:

ive been binging the michael moore podcast and just listened to the robert deniro ep

the things he hates trump for, insulting mccain the fbi and cia, are probably the best things trump ever did

deniro is a helplessly succbrained boomer lib, too bad he is a great actor even if a lot of his later work has been in dogshit movies

also if you want to know who the bloomberg base is, it's rich idiots like robert deniro

I know Michael Moore is pure succ but some of the episodes on his podcast are decent and Roger & Me definitely helped me understand class in the US

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

michael moore isnt pure succ he seems to be a bernie guy and far more left of any major media figure

he has bad takes and is too nice to succ though

i think he is trying to soften up hillmen to vote bernie in the general who knows how well that will work though

also his story about warren staff making a circle around her so he couldnt talk to her this year was :discourse:

apparently he had her in 2 movies and this was back when so she was a nobody, fake friends

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dreylad posted:

I know Michael Moore is pure succ

what does this even mean

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what does this even mean

linguistic drift is weird

i believe the intended meaning is "embarrassingly sincere"

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

It's easy to assume Michael Moore would be extremely succ just based on name recognition, like anyone who got to be a mainstream face of the "far-left" in the Clinton/Bush years, but he seems alright IMO.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
moore is definitely part of the older generation but his views still hold up surprisingly well and he's definitely better than almost anyone out there in the mainstream

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Moore has boomer tendencies. Including a focus on celebrity. But he was also probably one of the few non academics holding aloft the calls for social democracy in the 90s and 00s. Also. Seriously did great work with Fahrenheit 9/11, Roger and Me, and Canadian Bacon.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Michael Moore isn’t succ, he’s been advocating for good poo poo we deserve for decades

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Crowsbeak posted:

What? Really? I need to hear more about this

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Greg Legg posted:

What? Really? I need to hear more about this

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
All I know about Michael Moore's recent opinions is this clip of him dunking on Kamala with Chapo https://twitter.com/ZugIslander/status/1157484726338424834?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what does this even mean

i dunno apparently i don't know what the word means, anyway michael moore seems pretty good

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Michael Moore isn’t succ, he’s been advocating for good poo poo we deserve for decades

yeah but tbf to that person if you've never heard michael moore speak and have not even a passing awareness of his filmography you might think he was a lib

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Canadian Bacon is kinda bad IMO.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Bip Roberts posted:

Canadian Bacon is kinda bad IMO.

this post is kind of bad and canadian bacon owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWpThrDfQEI

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Anybody who doesn't like Michael Moore can get hosed. He made this in 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeOaTpYl8mE

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

that last line is especially rich because he inevitably slips into sounding like your generic pasty American dork if he speaks uninterrupted for more than ten seconds until he forces himself back into the affect that sounds more like a symptom of lockjaw than an accent

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
all accents are fake

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Anybody who doesn't like Michael Moore can get hosed. He made this in 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeOaTpYl8mE

he also went up in 2003 to the oscars and said the iraq war was unjust and got booed to hell for it, yes there were anti-war protests but for someone in the media to do that was pretty good

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Autism Sneaks posted:

Nathan J. Robinson was on the latest On the Media and if I never heard his voice for the rest of my life it would be too soon. I did appreciate him trashing regular guests Vox though

I like most of his writing but seriously, who the gently caress listens to William F Buckley and PK van der Byl and decides that's an accent they should affect? That's a galaxy brain level edgelord move.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

succ is liberals who are not leftists, wine-cave fundraisers, decorum lovers, etc

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
Combat Succ

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

definitely the best part of moores podcast is him giving the dets on rich and powerful people who let him get close in an effort to turn him into a sell out over the years

michael is getting old and doesn't give a poo poo about bridges to those fucks anymore, but he is still polite and friendly while burning them

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I honestly expected him to just turn into a liberal with all his success as he got older, since his movies seemed to get less radical after Roger & Me but I didn't really pay attention to him post-2008 until 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Percelus posted:

definitely the best part of moores podcast is him giving the dets on rich and powerful people who let him get close in an effort to turn him into a sell out over the years

michael is getting old and doesn't give a poo poo about bridges to those fucks anymore, but he is still polite and friendly while burning them

Can you elaborate?