Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That couch looks like it would remain usable for approximately three months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I'll let you know :)

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Got a new armchair for the apartment and it's super comfortable. Here is an artsy photo of it in a winter sunset

One of these: https://www.bolia.com/fr-ch/les-produits/02-122-01_10615405/?id=02-122-01_5286122

We've got a couple of bits of furniture from Bolia now, the quality and design is great and it's not too expensive. Definitely recommended.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A cult meets here

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

At first I thought "so maybe a 32 inch CRT was supposed to fit in that hole" but then I saw how shallow it is.

What the gently caress is that thing supposed to be.

Fakeedit: oh god it gets worse, those various doors aren't actually doors (well, two of them are, I guess). How do you get it open and what do you put in there. Do those doors go to storage or to... other, secret rooms?

I have so many questions

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Is that for a Masonic lodge? Do they exist in the US?

I have no idea what they actually look like but in my mind's eye there's weird poo poo like people appearing out of side doors while they're reciting their stuff

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
here's the listing

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/100-Bob-White-Ln-Ridgeland-MS-39157/54402982_zpid/

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 12, 2020

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’d guess it was pulled out of an older building. My dad once got amazing huge carved wood bookshelves with leaded glass cabinets for free from a church that was being demolished.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Link doesn’t seem to work for me.

Can anyone tell what the floor of the porch outside the sliders is covered with?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

knox_harrington posted:

Is that for a Masonic lodge? Do they exist in the US?

Do they exist? The Masons used to be huge in the US. Every single podunk town (at least
Up here in the Northeast) has a lodge or the remains of one.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Link doesn’t seem to work for me.

Can anyone tell what the floor of the porch outside the sliders is covered with?

sorry, fixed the link

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Oh it’s just stone.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Yeesh. Even if you can overlook the awful, inconsistent decor the layout of the rooms is terrible and they also appear oddly sized. You'll spend 500k buying the house and another million fixing it.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Goober Peas posted:

Yeesh. Even if you can overlook the awful, inconsistent decor the layout of the rooms is terrible and they also appear oddly sized. You'll spend 500k buying the house and another million fixing it.

It's only a million dollars away from being a $750k house.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Snowy posted:

I’d guess it was pulled out of an older building. My dad once got amazing huge carved wood bookshelves with leaded glass cabinets for free from a church that was being demolished.

The giant tv wall thing appears to me to have been built there to match the house, since the railing along the top looks to match the handrail on the stairs.

I think its an all-original bad decision made by the homeowner.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Does anyone actually think those weird cloth tubes over pendant cords look good? See pic 19

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I'm the toilet of shame in pic 23

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Looking at the listing history, it's been off-and-on the market for the last 12 years. The asking price was $1.5M in 2008.

quote:

Welcome home to this beautiful custom built home featuring over 7,400 square feet! You get the "wow" factor as you enter and see the marble flooring and tall ceilings with custom drapery to match. The living room has soaring ceilings and features a fireplace, custom built-ins and a stair case leading to the second floor. If you continue though the living room you will notice straight ahead the view of the enclosed pool area. Take a swim in the gunite pool while enjoying the wooded views of over 5 acres. The kitchen is updated with granite countertops, double wall-oven, built-in electric cooktop, built-in ice maker. Just off the living room is a game room featuring built-in shelves and a full wet bar! Step down into the formal dining room where there is a custom built in china cabinet and a set of spiral stairs leading up to the mother -in- law suite. This mother-in-law suite is completely seprerare from the house and features a full kitchen, bar area , 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Accessible from inside or outside of the home. Master suite downstairs features a fireplace, huge walk in closet with storage galore! Up the curved stairway in the living room features 3 bedrooms. Just off the back bedroom you can access a second story porch and sundeck overlooking the beautiful backyard. This home has so much potential you must see it to believe it!

The wow factor is how incongruous the decor, layout, and design is. Ex: the mother-in-law suite accessed through the dining room via spiral stairs. One of the bedrooms is 9x18. The second story porch view is mostly blocked by the roof over the pool deck.

Someone needs to submit this one to McMansion Hell. This one is epic. As mentioned earlier it may be cheaper to knock it down and start over.

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 13, 2020

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

No one's going to mention the balcony?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

inexplicable and inaccessible, the best kind of balcony

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Maybe one of the doors hides the ladder that lets the grand magistrate reach his proclamation balcony.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

i need everyone to click that link and then picture the house looming over you as a lightning bolt illuminates it from behind

It's not a question of if murder has been done in this house, it's just a question of how many.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Or the massive doors with weirdly exterior-looking doorknobs on either end of that installation.

The whole assembly is so shallow, maybe it's a butler's pantry for entertaining.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

confessional booth?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Sorry, but dead autumn leaves beneath a ceiling fan with no bulb? Visual shorthand for some sort of forest cryptid, probably a wendigo, lurking nearby.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Gnossiennes posted:

confessional booth?

That occurred to me too! It looks more like that than anything else, really, if it weren't so shallow.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
cat balcony l

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

PRADA SLUT posted:

cat balcony l

Turn the whole area into a Cat Theatre where you can see live, all-feline versions of "Romeo and Juliet" and other classics.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Megillah Gorilla posted:

my man, thats all im mentioning. you could put an entire ventriloquist dummy collection behind there so it looks like they're all crowded at the top of the stairs waiting for you to get home

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Megabound posted:

We recently finished replacing our bathroom.

I love that tub. Do you happen to know the make and model ##?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Goober Peas posted:

Looking at the listing history, it's been off-and-on the market for the last 12 years. The asking price was $1.5M in 2008.

when i'm scrolling through zillow looking for disaster homes, my paydirt is homes in the 1.5m-500k range on the outskirts of a midsized regional city, which visibly screams "custom build" from the outside. very high success rate with those

Megillah Gorilla posted:

my first thought was "ah, this is where the Pope stands"

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
using the right criteria it doesn't take too long to find something magical on zillow, the website where people put pictures of their homes for anyone to look at, for free

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Thumposaurus posted:

Since he's too scared to post it here.

It's the return of the king!

I'm disappointed that it's not as garish as the bathroom, but at least nothing matches and it's a jumbled mess

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Needs a full size mannequin of a drunken cowboy mounted crashing through it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hawg Waller

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

At look least they got the "you must see it to believe it" part right

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Thumposaurus posted:

Since he's too scared to post it here.

I'll need to look when I'm back on my PC but did he have a project thread or any progress photos for the kitchen? I want to know if any of his cabinets are load bearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

AFewBricksShy posted:

I love that tub. Do you happen to know the make and model ##?

It's a Cornar 1575, KBT-6R1500. It comes in left and right handed versions for putting against either wall.

https://www.firanzabathroomcollections.com.au/product/cornar-1575-multi-fit-bath/