Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

they're sure getting a lot of miles on Henry lately might be all that wear and tear catches up with him hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
After the Fail Mary Seahawks fans lost the right to ever complain about the refs again.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Fat Jesus posted:

put a chip in the ball that shows where exactly where it should be spotted jesus christ we landed on the moon we can do this

Do you put chips in players knees and butt cheeks so the football chip knows when the player is down?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Hand Row posted:

Do you put chips in players knees and butt cheeks so the football chip knows when the player is down?

no you still need eyes to see where they're down but with science we can correlate where the ball is at the exact moment the butt hits the turf, see? But the patriots will of course tamper with the data so they always get the 1st down I guess so there's more research needed

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Hand Row posted:

We put Chip Kelly in the players butt cheeks and he’ll just pop out to let us know when the player is down.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

BGrifter posted:

After the Fail Mary Seahawks fans lost the right to ever complain about the refs again.

Yeah, well, ask Cowboys and Lions fans how they feel when Packers fans complain about the refs

e: both of which happened more recently than the Fail Mary

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

BGrifter posted:

It isn't like we got to keep those refs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chichevache posted:

It isn't like we got to keep those refs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN9YlThJ7I8

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Congrats to Packers posters. Seahawks have a lot of issues to address but I’m happy they made it as far as they did

Go...Titans?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i apologize for playoff posting but also for this

https://twitter.com/CharlieBerens/status/1216128569992040448?s=20

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

I mean, it’s no Green & Yellow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH75PmAabIE

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

This guy sucks sooooo much.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Hahaha gently caress the Seahawks.

Sorry about the Texans Intruder and all the other cool and good Texans posters.

gently caress the Seahawks.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I am now rooting for the niners

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

I am now rooting for the AFC

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BGrifter posted:

:yeah:

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Hand Row posted:

Ball bounces around with a Packer jumping on it and he comes out of the scrum with it. NOT A CLEAR RECOVERY

While not the same magnitude as a playoff game,

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/1216510028951236608

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The playoffs are so much better without the patriots in it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

BGrifter posted:

Simultaneous catch goes to the offense, the scabs got it right.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

:hmmyes:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

FizFashizzle posted:

Outside of my Patriots fan co-worker people around me just seem more excited that things will be new and not the same thing we’ve had the past few years.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It's amazing that fans of the Packers, a Golden Child team that has gotten the benefit of lovely calls for years, are still earnestly complaining about a call that happened in a regular season game in 2012.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Are you 50+? God this guy is a plague to the state of Wisconsin with his lovely skits and live shows in bumpkin towns.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

It's amazing that fans of the Packers, a Golden Child team that has gotten the benefit of lovely calls for years, are still earnestly complaining about a call that happened in a regular season game in 2012.

Have you been to Wisconsin?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Seahawks fans getting self righteous is weird

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Visual representation of the Texans

https://i.imgur.com/IULdpXm.mp4

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Hand Row posted:

Are you 50+? God this guy is a plague to the state of Wisconsin with his lovely skits and live shows in bumpkin towns.

Dude made a career doing one joke.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

Yet I hear Hawks fans bitching about the refs in the Steelers game all the time...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

shirts and skins posted:

I'm lollin

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Yet I hear Hawks fans bitching about the refs in the Steelers game all the time...

No, we just bitch about the dirty, cheapshotting Steelers.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

CyberPingu posted:

As stupid as that is, at least it's about a game with actual stakes. It's baffling how much some people continue to latch onto the Fail Mary.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

As stupid as that is, at least it's about a game with actual stakes. It's baffling how much some people continue to latch onto the Fail Mary.

:shrug: blown calls are blown calls. Could affect playoff standings etc. Could be the difference between a first round bye or WC spot etc.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The yellow marker was off by at least a foot. It's unofficial!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
The fail mary was also the most prominent and most televised aspect of the referee lockout, so there's that

iirc it also made the packers play the 49ers on the road in the playoffs that year instead of the other way around, although the 49ers probably still win that game

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It was a first down

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Think of how some of these games would be reduced to 27-14 snooze fests. Think about how many times they've done that over the years. It's the worst.

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 13, 2020

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

FizFashizzle posted:

Hell yeah..

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FizFashizzle posted:

:hmmyes:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cash Monet posted:

Think of how some of these games would be reduced to 27-14 snooze fests. Think about how many times they've done that over the years. It's the worst.

You just don’t appreciate the beauty of the patriots going on a majestic 10 minute drive ending in a field goal consisting of the other teams poor clock management, uncalled OPI, and one ludicrous DPI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You're thinking of the regular season.