Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Preemptive RIP to Burrow's NFL career because he's gonna get drafted by a trainwreck team and then get blamed for underperforming.

So it goes with many talented QBs in this league. Poor Matthew Stafford never had a chance.

I also blame the Browns for ruining Manziel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what's the saddest story of a good QB just being ruined by a lovely team

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Randaconda posted:

print the shirts

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Randaconda posted:

Carson Palmer has really sad stories about Cincinnati.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Burrow seems like he has some weird throwing mechanics (he doesn’t have a super natural release so it looks like he kind of pushes the ball as he throws it), but he looks like a near generational talent in terms of throwing guys open. Particularly on deep balls. No idea how that skill will translate to the NFL, where the coverage will be tighter, the play quicker, etc., but I’d rather a QB prospect have that strength coming out of college than perfect throwing mechanics and mediocre ball placement.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Randaconda posted:

San Diego getting Ryan Leaf hooked on drugs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

print the shirts

But he's playing for the AFCCG!

oh

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

And one year Miami used #38 to jump from 11 to 3 so i mean who really knows
The obvious difference is that 2013 was a terrible draft with no QBs worthy of even being 1st rounders. Every subsequent move up for a QB has cost a ton.

I think they'd have to give up at least either one of their later 1sts or multiple 2nd rounders otherwise they risk someone else jumping.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Randaconda posted:

David Carr

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

The obvious difference is that 2013 was a terrible draft with no QBs worthy of even being 1st rounders. Every subsequent move up for a QB has cost a ton.

I think they'd have to give up at least either one of their later 1sts or multiple 2nd rounders otherwise they risk someone else jumping.

For me the more obvious difference would’ve been it was on the day of the draft vs earlier. I suppose there are a couple “obvious differences” every year especially with hindsightbut looking at charts tracking trade values, you get WIDE varieties of points value.

Overall point being you call Detroit, and put the pressure on them. They’ve needed picks. They seem open to it. It’s trying to buy the pick while people are still nervous about Tua. Miami gambles.

Detroit could very very well say hey we’re not trading til day of... but that’s risks Miami going elsewhere

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jan 14, 2020

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FizFashizzle posted:

Carson Palmer has really sad stories about Cincinnati.

are these archived somewhere

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Randaconda posted:

RG3

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

He said good qb

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
He was good until his knee exploded.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

He was good until his knee exploded.

He was good at running but he sucks at doing QB things, and if he was any good at them be could have found a job post knee explosion

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Hm yes if you take away the thing a guy is good at he's no longer good.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

Hm yes if you take away the thing a guy is good at he's no longer good.

I'm not sure what's controversial about saying he wasnt good at doing QB things

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nodoze posted:

He was good at running but he sucks at doing QB things, and if he was any good at them be could have found a job post knee explosion

He was actually the perfect qb for shanahan. All he was doing was running play action roll outs but he was so insanely fast it didn’t matter.

If he had stayed healthy and been in a stable situation (not washington) he would have done some damage in the league.

Also learned how to protect himself of course.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Rg3 was a good qb who got shook after the knee exploded. Injuries can be traumatic!!

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Does anyone have the gif of him having 4 wide open receivers then taking a sack?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Metapod posted:

Rg3 was a good qb who got shook after the knee exploded. Injuries can be traumatic!!

So Carr and Mariota are good just recovering from trauma. Ty metapod.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

So Carr and Mariota are good just recovering from trauma. Ty metapod.

No one of them cried because he got a booboo the other cant feel his hand lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Simplex posted:

Does anyone have the gif of him having 4 wide open receivers then taking a sack?

Can't find an animation in the 5 seconds I spent on this, but lol

From https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...the-49ers-game/

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lmao
https://twitter.com/BrodyLogan/status/1217089108817793025

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I choose to interpret this as trolling Dabo.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Randaconda posted:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

San Diego getting Ryan Leaf hooked on drugs.

Lol if you didnt think someone from Pullman was already on drugs

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I know Ryan Leaf and he told me he was driven into drugs after a disturbing conversation with a nameless and very thin white Chargers fan wearing nothing but a Tomlinson jersey.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Theyre saying it’s fake money lol

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Amy Pole Her posted:

Theyre saying it’s fake money lol

poo poo, Reggie Bush should have tried that one out

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Randaconda posted:

Archie Manning and the Saints

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Goreld posted:

Archie Manning and the Saints

Archie Manning was not ruined by the Saints.

He was wasted.

There’s a difference, damnit

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kirios posted:

Joe Burrow may be the best quarterback prospect I've ever seen. He legit reminds me of Peyton Manning, but more athletic.

Actually his throwing motion reminds me insanely of Peyton. The way the arm follows through and the back foot comes off the ground on longer passes is exactly the same

Professor Funk posted:

Burrow seems like he has some weird throwing mechanics (he doesn’t have a super natural release so it looks like he kind of pushes the ball as he throws it), but he looks like a near generational talent in terms of throwing guys open. Particularly on deep balls. No idea how that skill will translate to the NFL, where the coverage will be tighter, the play quicker, etc., but I’d rather a QB prospect have that strength coming out of college than perfect throwing mechanics and mediocre ball placement.

His ball placement is just next level for a college prospect, that's what everyone loves the most. The athleticism will translate, obviously it won't be earth shattering. But if you can put passes right into the perfect spot on your receivers chest/hands on the run, that's just such a huge skill that many current NFL starters have failed to truly master.

I also don't love his release, but it's not so bad that it needs fixing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

poo poo, Reggie Bush should have tried that one out

It’s better than what Coach O said lol which was something like “i imagine they’ll give it all back”

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s better than what Coach O said lol which was something like “i imagine they’ll give it all back”

Where's the money?

Circulating?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

look, if OBJ only gave that money to graduating seniors they should be in the clear

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Randaconda posted:

Andrew Luck?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Play posted:

Actually his throwing motion reminds me insanely of Peyton. The way the arm follows through and the back foot comes off the ground on longer passes is exactly the same

No. Do you actually watch the people you talk about?

sourdough posted:

How do you see him vs Lawrence?

The traditionalist inside me loves Lawrence. Great form, great arm, some accuracy issues but it seems to come more from the hard throws he attempts than anything. Usually guys as tall and lanky as him have trouble placing the ball consistently because it's hard to transfer power from the lower body the taller you are. People talk about Burrows ball placement but Lawrence is also next level good. He's also got that knack to find open receivers that you just plain need in a QB. Not afraid to throw cross body passes, deals with pressure well, keeps his eyes downfield while getting hit. All traits you see in the great ones.

Yea he had a rough game but everyone had a rough game against LSU this year. He was constantly in poor field position except for the first two drives because Clemson just plain couldn't deal with LSU's elite offense. Like that was seriously one of the best national championship teams you'll ever watch, just the sheer amount of talent on that offense going to the NFL.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Doltos posted:

No. Do you actually watch the people you talk about?

why don't you at least take a stab at telling me how I'm wrong you dork, instead of some lame ad hominem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=534gYpYZjts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=get6ZMlb7y4

Look at the first pass in the Peyton video and compare to most of the passes in the Burrow video

Peyton has more arm angles he uses, but the follow through on the release, especially on deeper passes, is extremely similar. The release point and weight transfer is basically the same

I don't wanna go into the weeds with you so unless you can succinctly explain how those motions are nothing alike, shove it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Play posted:

why don't you at least take a stab at telling me how I'm wrong you dork, instead of some lame ad hominem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=534gYpYZjts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=get6ZMlb7y4

Look at the first pass in the Peyton video and compare to most of the passes in the Burrow video

Peyton has more arm angles he uses, but the follow through on the release, especially on deeper passes, is extremely similar. The release point and weight transfer is basically the same

I don't wanna go into the weeds with you so unless you can succinctly explain how those motions are nothing alike, shove it

I did already responding to Kirios' post but it seems like you like to type more than read.