Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

angerbeet posted:

Morbius? Did they already run out of villains?

I think it's more the case that Sony's Spider-Man licence didn't include any other recognisable/saleable heroes (well, no recognisable/saleable male heroes) so they're mining the anti-heroes like Venom and Morbius instead.

Venom went surprisingly well for them and was one of Sony's biggest hits in recent years so expect a whole bunch more of these movies to be announced.

Peanut President posted:

dang, curse my faulty memory

Now you'll never be the clock king of a major corporation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

:lol::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQBl3_6FKA

No animated series hand suckers, 0/0

e: I meant 0/5, but I think this is more accurate. This movie has no possible stars.

What did Beethoven do to deserve this

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/IGN/status/1216949311096815617

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 14, 2020

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I hope there are four other Widows, each with their own colour and animal totem, and when the world is in danger they can combine their giant animal robots into the ultimate defender of Earth.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Black Widow vs. Red Panda vs. Blue-Footed Boobie vs. Green Tree Frog

AceOfFlames posted:

What did Beethoven Jared Harris do to deserve this

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

teagone posted:

Didn't see anything Venom related. But Sony would be dumb not to get Mahershala Ali to cameo in the stinger as the first time appearance for MCU Blade.

Wouldn't that involve another deal with Marvel Studios to loan out the rights to Blade? Like how they had to for Iron Man in the other Spider-Man movies? To my understanding, that deal is dead for now.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
IIRC, in the 2000s Sony and Fox used to swap characters on a one-off, mutually-beneficial basis. I'm guessing Sony and Marvel will settle into that kind of a rhythm if they have certain characters they're not planning to use.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

feedmyleg posted:

IIRC, in the 2000s Sony and Fox used to swap characters on a one-off, mutually-beneficial basis. I'm guessing Sony and Marvel will settle into that kind of a rhythm if they have certain characters they're not planning to use.

Sure, but they absolutely plan to use Blade. I guess they could loan him out in Morbius to promote Blade ahead of his own movie, but they'd risk tainting him if Morbius bombs.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

God damnit, when is Namor getting out of studio rights limbo and when will Mark Strong start trying out speedos for the role

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

McSpanky posted:

God damnit, when is Namor getting out of studio rights limbo and when will Mark Strong start trying out speedos for the role

Never, because that role is going to Daniel Dae Kim.

That Black Widow movie looks more boring than watching paint dry I hope Rachel Weisz got a nice check out of it at least

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

I hope we get a Paste-Pot Pete movie before superhero bubble pops.

Forbush Man and Ambush Bug movies please.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm one of the people who likes Morbius. Any comic book geek has a list of D-list characters they just like for no reason.

Anyway, the trailer makes it seem like the movie will be more than half setup, like the Power Rangers movie.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rootin for the Gen X movie

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Morbius is actually canonically emo as gently caress, so Leto is a pretty good casting choice.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Morbius is actually canonically emo as gently caress, so Leto is a pretty good casting choice.

Plus vampires prey on the young, and Leto has been method-ing that for years.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Vincent posted:

Plus vampires prey on the young, and Leto has been method-ing that for years.

lol

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I mean... i would probably go see it.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Isn't this basically just Wolverine?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The original appeal of Bloodshot was that he's Wolverine without the editors stopping him from killing people all the time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yeah, a lot of Valiant's characters are derivative as hell.

Bloodshot = Wolverine
Shadow Man = Ghost Rider
Ninjak = Batman/James Bond
Harbinger = X-Men, albeit with a dynamic that none of the "mutant" factions are truly good

Then their main hero X-O Manowar is essentially a hybrid of Captain America and Thor wearing Iron Man armor. At the same time, he's supposed to be the Superman to Ninjak's Batman.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
But who's their Spider-Man?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

What the gently caress is this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRUWVT87mt8

Is A24 getting lovely

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
It’s a Kelly Reichardt film. Maybe give them the benefit of the doubt

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I thought a Ninjack was what u did when u needed a wank but there were people around.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRUWVT87mt8

Is A24 getting lovely

It looks fine. Production value looks a little low budget and that music does not seem to fit at all (my biggest issue with the trailer) but def doesn't look like poo poo.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mr. Squishy posted:

But who's their Spider-Man?

Oddly enough, they don't seem to have one. Or at least one so blatant.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is A24 getting lovely

A24 is successful to the degree atp that they have at least a few very small films a year that get seen by nobody. In 2019 it was Kill Team, Death of Dick Long, Skin. In 2018 it was Lean on Pete, Woman Walks Ahead, etc. They aren't getting lovely, they're expanding a portfolio and giving life to projects that wouln't normally see the light of day at all.

Simultaneously they had like 5-6 of the best films this year.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 15, 2020

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Well in 2020, they're just going to do a bunch of films about cows.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

This looks like cgi’d dogshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8R2zAhEwg

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

Mr. Squishy posted:

Well in 2020, they're just going to do a bunch of films about cows.

loving SOLD

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The preview image makes it look like the starstruck dog is meeting Harrison Ford for a photo at some convention Ford doesn't want to be at.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

The preview image makes it look like the starstruck dog is meeting Harrison Ford for a photo at some convention Ford doesn't want to be at.

The story of Harrison Ford's career

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOFatKD0Vzo
Daniel Radcliffe stars as a guy who gets guns bolted into his hands is forced to fight in a death match with Samara Weaving.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Could be fun, could be wildly obnoxious, probably a bit of both. Gonna have to wait for reviews on that one.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I am fully on board with this remake of Edward Scissorhands right down to the indentical scenes where the dude can't open doors or put on pants.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That feels like it’s at least heavily inspired by some crazy Japanese movie that’s somehow related to Tokyo Gore Police or Machine Girl. I think the poster and brief synopsis are enough to sell me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

I am fully on board with this remake of Edward Scissorhands right down to the indentical scenes where the dude can't open doors or put on pants.

this thread is going to go the direction towards Edward Penishands now thanks to you

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

kiimo posted:

this thread is going to go the direction towards Edward Penishands now thanks to you
gently caress that poo poo, Edward Penishands has always been a disappointment because in my mind it was always a dude with five penises for fingers but in reality it's just two giant dongs attached at the wrist.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And then he tries to eat spaghetti with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOFatKD0Vzo
Daniel Radcliffe stars as a guy who gets guns bolted into his hands is forced to fight in a death match with Samara Weaving.
This looks unbelievably stupid and I'm so down.