Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Beep honk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Toot Beep Honk Toot

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Right Left Right Left

blinkers on the car

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

"Furniture is the buttplug of a house"

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Memphis Kansas Breeze is great and all, but Lil Choices was not only the best episode of the year, it's way up there in my top 5 episodes of all time. It's going to be one of those eps I go back and listen to all the time.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Lil choices and cronching on sopping wet nachos made me happy lady this year.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Memphis Kansas Breeze has invaded my psyche and has been stuck in my head since August. My only relief is infecting others with this disease by making them listen to those songs.

Unrelated but I love that the doughboys hid the amount they're making on Patreon because Mitch gets really self conscious about it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Live At Five! posted:

Memphis Kansas Breeze has invaded my psyche and has been stuck in my head since August. My only relief is infecting others with this disease by making them listen to those songs.

I cut out the "Honk Beep Toot" bit from Truck Prom Dance and I use it as a last resort alarm that gets very loud and I have to actively wake up to turn off. I still love the song absolutely to death.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

SpacePig posted:

I cut out the "Honk Beep Toot" bit from Truck Prom Dance and I use it as a last resort alarm that gets very loud and I have to actively wake up to turn off. I still love the song absolutely to death.

I find myself singing "human skin truck baby" at work all the time and desperately hope no one hears me and asks what the hell I'm singing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They are legitimately the only modern country music I can enjoy.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

So I got some candles and I got some cake

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Christmas school truck prom

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
what could you possibly use to make a cake for a truck?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Seaniqua posted:

what could you possibly use to make a cake for a truck?

I have some good news for you re: gasoline and a freezer

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Good news for that one goon that Ego now knows the word cuboid.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mr. Squishy posted:

Good news for that one goon that Ego now knows the word cuboid.

I haven't got to that bit yet, but that goon is me and I am delighted by this. It still weirds me out that such a common shape doesn't have a well-used word in the US.

I probably shouldn't put the show on as I'm settling down to bed because there's so many things that keep my brain active that are either explained by Americanisms I don't know despite living here (like the sorbet thing) or Scott just being completely incapable of doing any kind of basic maths.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I think Ego is hilarious but Entree is played out as a character at this point. Carl Tart just came in and is killing as usual.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Yeah, I like Ego, but I thought it was telling that the only two Entree bits this episode that made me laugh were Ego and Scott arguing over what gender Entree is, and then Entree urging on Scott to cancel David, neither of which have anything to do that Entree's "premise".

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Just Chamber posted:

Entree is played out as a character at this point.

By far my least favorite recurring character. I never skip an episode, but I groaned when I saw it had Entree PeeE Neur. I think Ego can be funny sometimes but looking at her characters... I'm not a fan of Prince Chinedu or Judge Heaux Brown either. The only one I like is Franklin.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I think Entree works better almost in that Gino role of cohost. I think Ego’s fantastic but the stuff that I really loved of hers on CBB and especially the live shows were more her dynamic with Scott and interacting with the next guest.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

entre sucks, Ego owns

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I thought Entree sucked at first but I actually like him now that the main bit has more or less been flattened out to "naming shapes"

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Superego did a Big Chunky Bubbles segment on this week's episode. You get to hear one of his performances.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Fezz posted:

Superego did a Big Chunky Bubbles segment on this week's episode. You get to hear one of his performances.

I've never downloaded a Stitcher ep faster

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Lauren Lapkus and Nicole Byer are putting out their Star Wars podcast at the end of the month. They both haven't seen any of the movies and are not looking forward to it. The 5 minute preview is pretty great.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What's the title?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

What's the title?

Show link

Confirmed guests from the trailer: Benny Schwa, Nick Wiger, Heather Ann Campbell, Jon Gabrus, and others

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love Lapkus and Byer but I feel like this is going to be insufferable to listen to.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Ape of Naples posted:

I love Lapkus and Byer but I feel like this is going to be insufferable to listen to.

Don't listen to it? No one would even know.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

Don't listen to it? No one would even know.

I wasn't planning to? I mean I might if I have a lull in podcasts. But as a concept I'm kinda over people making GBS threads on movies. Except for something like HDTGM but those are usually a singular bad movie and tend to celebrate the badness. Though HDTGM is getting a bit tired too. This feel like it's just going to be overly negative. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe the guests will add some positive counterpoint. We'll see.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Ape of Naples posted:

I wasn't planning to? I mean I might if I have a lull in podcasts. But as a concept I'm kinda over people making GBS threads on movies. Except for something like HDTGM but those are usually a singular bad movie and tend to celebrate the badness. Though HDTGM is getting a bit tired too. This feel like it's just going to be overly negative. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe the guests will add some positive counterpoint. We'll see.

From the trailer, they mention they're not intentionally trying to poo poo on the movies. If they like them, they'll roll with that, if they hate them, they'll roll with that. And they said that each episode will have a Star Wars fan joining them so that there's always a positive voice in the mix.

I have an optimistic feeling it may be more like Gourley and Rust's In Myers/Voorhees We Trust, which has been positive towards all of the movies except the Rob Zombie entries, and even then they aren't bashing the films.

It comes out on January 28th, so I'll post thoughts on the first episode in an Earwolf-adjacent thread.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

oh thank god, they're doing theatrical order at least so they have a shot of enjoying the first 2 and a half actually good movies before they have to watch all the rest of the bad star wars movies

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

boxcarhobo posted:

oh thank god, they're doing theatrical order at least so they have a shot of enjoying the first 2 and a half actually good movies before they have to watch all the rest of the bad star wars movies

This seems like the only way to do it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

Lauren Lapkus and Nicole Byer are putting out their Star Wars podcast at the end of the month. They both haven't seen any of the movies and are not looking forward to it. The 5 minute preview is pretty great.

This is funny considering Lapkus auditioned to play Rose in The Last Jedi. She talked about it in her I Was There Too episode. There's been a surprising number of Earwolf-adjacent people who've done Star Wars stuff in the last few years. Ben Schwarz, Horatio Sanz, Paul Scheer, Reggie Watts, Adam Pally all come to mind.

Actually now that I'm writing this I forgot that the actual Rose actress was on an episode of the CBB TV show, too.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Chairman Capone posted:

This is funny considering Lapkus auditioned to play Rose in The Last Jedi. She talked about it in her I Was There Too episode. There's been a surprising number of Earwolf-adjacent people who've done Star Wars stuff in the last few years. Ben Schwarz, Horatio Sanz, Paul Scheer, Reggie Watts, Adam Pally all come to mind.

Actually now that I'm writing this I forgot that the actual Rose actress was on an episode of the CBB TV show, too.

Ben Schwarz has had JJ Abrams perform in his UCB improv show Snowpants, so JJ Abrams is at least familiar with UCB/Earwolf adjacent performers

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Chairman Capone posted:

There's been a surprising number of Earwolf-adjacent people who've done Star Wars stuff in the last few years. Ben Schwarz, Horatio Sanz, Paul Scheer, Reggie Watts, Adam Pally all come to mind.

Brian Posehn and Jason Sudeikis as well

https://www.inverse.com/article/60855-the-mandalorian-star-wars-brian-posehn-cameo
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a30368560/the-mandalorian-jason-sudeikis-baby-yoda-punch-response/

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What's Scheer's connection to SW?

E: VVVV Ah, that's fair VVVV

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 16, 2020

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

He's mentioned a couple times on Unspooled that he's been to Skywalker Ranch for something he can't talk about yet, though I'm guessing it has to do with the Disney+ Star Wars game show that's coming out. Though I also wonder that he might be writing a Star Wars comic, doesn't seem completely out of bounds.

He was also interviewed on the official Star Wars YouTube talk show but that's fairly minimal.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

He was in The Mandolorian, so he was probably talking about that.

E: ignore me, you were talking Scheer not Posehn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

He was in The Mandolorian, so he was probably talking about that.

E: ignore me, you were talking Scheer not Posehn.

All bald people look alike.