Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Moldugas are also extra susceptible to thunder so you can absolutely ruin a stunned one with a thunder spear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Twelve by Pies posted:

Finally I also appreciate that about half the town apparently knows Link isn't a woman, they just don't care.

:hmmyes:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

ItBreathes posted:

Re: Molduga feed them a bomb

I tried that but they didn't seem to want to come out of the sand unless I was actively running around on it to lure them, even luring them and then jumping up on a rock meant they stayed under the sand and didn't take the bait.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Twelve by Pies posted:

Finally I also appreciate that about half the town apparently knows Link isn't a woman, they just don't care.

If you choose the massage option at the hotel you get a sound only scene where you hear the masseur and some ruffling fabric and they she "Oh!"'s in surprise, then slyly laughs and then you get up the next day with full hearts plus and an extra stamina wheel. It's implied that she gave Link a rub & tug.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

If you choose the massage option at the hotel you get a sound only scene where you hear the masseur and some ruffling fabric and they she "Oh!"'s in surprise, then slyly laughs and then you get up the next day with full hearts plus and an extra stamina wheel. It's implied that she gave Link a rub & tug.

BotW: The Horniest Zelda

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

gently caress the Gerudo police.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Hmm but you also wake up with more extra hearts than usual and an extra stamina wheel if you take the Goron massage in Goron City.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sleeping bonuses come from anything comfortable. An actual literal massage counts. Even just a nicer than usual bed counts.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Link: Hero of Time, Fucker of Mattresses.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm calling it this is a reference to the healing ladies in Zelda 2

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hmm but you also wake up with more extra hearts than usual and an extra stamina wheel if you take the Goron massage in Goron City.

Link does not discriminate.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The only time I ever had a decent number of arrows was during the walk to Zora's Domain, where every enemy dropped 5 or so. I was too cheap and paranoid to sell anything, so I could never afford to buy any
You can just do this again after every blood moon. It takes about 10 minutes and you will be swimming in arrows, for free.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I tried that but they didn't seem to want to come out of the sand unless I was actively running around on it to lure them, even luring them and then jumping up on a rock meant they stayed under the sand and didn't take the bait.

Toss a round bomb. Since the desert sand is uneven pretty much everywhere, it'll roll around and attract their attention.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

talk about Goron Spice

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Screw extra hearts, pro move is to just light a fire inside the inn and sleep for free.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Twelve by Pies posted:

He hosed the Goron too.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Gorons do love things that are hard as a rock.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

lol, I never saw this before - while I was fighting a whole gang of enemies, the moblin got tired of his short-range weapon and started throwing bokoblins at me :hellyeah:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Inu posted:

Toss a round bomb. Since the desert sand is uneven pretty much everywhere, it'll roll around and attract their attention.

Then multishot bow with bomb arrows and/or spin-to-win with your biggest two-hander.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Captain Hygiene posted:

lol, I never saw this before - while I was fighting a whole gang of enemies, the moblin got tired of his short-range weapon and started throwing bokoblins at me :hellyeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiMUC1_TUjY

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Runcible Cat posted:

Then multishot bow with bomb arrows and/or spin-to-win with your biggest two-hander.

I had actually never considered feeding them standard bombs until I saw someone do it in a video. My go to strategy was always to shoot a normal arrow into the ground to lure the molduga out, then shoot it down with a bomb arrow while it was airborne.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:lol: of course. Poor lil' fella.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Also to bring it back to Yiga chat, I just climbed up a random sheer mountain face that took Revali's Gale + a solid four stamina wheels to get up to a usable ledge. Literally the moment I pull myself up I hear a HO HO HO and sure enough, one of those assholes appears. I guess when you gotta revenge, you gotta revenge.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Cattail Prophet posted:

I had actually never considered feeding them standard bombs until I saw someone do it in a video. My go to strategy was always to shoot a normal arrow into the ground to lure the molduga out, then shoot it down with a bomb arrow while it was airborne.

This is definitely over-thinking it. They’re like dodongos, bomb-seeking idiots

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Twelve by Pies posted:

Come on dude he obviously got a hot rock massage

After his rub and tug

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
slamming my pathetic genitals with two huge chunks of ruby i tore out of the gut of a lion centaur

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
YO WTF

THEY'RE CALLED HORNS BECAUSE THEY BLOW THE HORN TO SUMMON MORE ENEMIES? THEY DON'T JUST HAVE LIKE, SECRET PENIS HORNS HIDDEN UNDER THE COSTUMES? what the gently caress. i spent so much of combat taking out enemies Hitman style that I never realized the horns they drop aren't like, antler-style horns.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Oh my god. Penis horns?

They literally have a horn right there

That's what you're collecting

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

BotW has had many criticisms, but "they don't have secret penis horns hidden under the costume" is not one I've seen before.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Amppelix posted:

Oh my god. Penis horns?

They literally have a horn right there

That's what you're collecting

I, uh, I always managed to somehow parse that detail as like hair or body paint.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just got the giant horse after killing 2 lynels to get to him :getin:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
but wait, then if that's. . . . What are they blowing into, to make that awful doot-DOOT noise? are they taking the horns off their own skulls? Are they like a tiny hat? Wh. . . gently caress?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Do you not know what a cowhorn is?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
uhhhh yeah, cows use it to do cowpokes.

edit- i know the sailing in this game is extremely accurate and true to life because it sucks poo poo aand i hate it.

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 15, 2020

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

but wait, then if that's. . . . What are they blowing into, to make that awful doot-DOOT noise? are they taking the horns off their own skulls? Are they like a tiny hat? Wh. . . gently caress?

Only lookouts have the trumpet horns, and not every group has lookouts.

Certainly not every bokoblin can doot-DOOT

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they make the horns out of wood

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Nintendo add the secret penis horns you cowards

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Vaginabones crossover DLC when

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I got to another motion control shrine in BotW, the worst one yet, at least I thought, until I found out you can (sort of) cheese it. It was the one where you have to turn a cube with torches on each side and you have to light them all, while two water fountains spray onto it. I figured out how to get rid of one of them quick, but the other I was having huge issues with especially since sometimes the torches just didn't want to light when you do it the way you're "supposed" to do it. I was so frustrated I looked it up and people were like "Just use fire arrows" but the hitbox on those torches was ridiculous, I actually did try to use fire arrows at first but they weren't lighting, so I thought "oh these are special torches you can't light with the arrows so you can't cheese it." Turns out you have to be right at the very loving center of the torch for the flame arrows to light it. So I feel the mini-golf one is still probably the worst overall (so far, anyway, I'm dreading that there might be another one or two out there), but this one was pretty frustrating too.

I also found out through sheer chance that if you talk to Hestu when you have no armor on, he'll comment that you're both naked and are united in exposing yourselves, and sing a song about being naked. He's also so happy to sing about nudity he won't take any korok seeds.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

the hitbox on those torches was ridiculous

Really? I was about to just look up the solution because I couldn't be bothered to puzzle it out, but I remembered fire arrows, and I didn't notice anything weird about them being tough to light. Weird.

Honestly I haven't liked the motion control shrines (except maybe the one where you slide spikes around to clear a path, that's basic enough to work ok), but the rolling labyrinth is the only one I've outright hated. No idea how anyone has the patience to do it correctly, to say nothing of doing it in handheld mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
There is actually fire somewhere else in that shrine that you can use to light regular arrows on fire and use those lmao