Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Get Out of Here, Play

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Fentanyl rage

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Doltos posted:

I did already responding to Kirios' post but it seems like you like to type more than read.

We're in agreement anyways. There are certain ways in which the release extremely similar, especially in certain kinds of throws, and then other ways where they aren't. Peyton's quick release and different arm angles are far superior. The deeper throws have tons in common though.

Also keep in mind I'm comparing pro Peyton in his later years to Burrow. Not college Peyton (who I didn't see) to college Burrow

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Get Out of Here, Play

gently caress off

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Basically all QBs transfer their weight to their front foot when throwing the ball. You drive off your back foot. You're also supposed to always follow through on your passes. Flick passes are for short yardage or wide open situations. Using those two things as an example as two players being similar is both insanely obvious and a sign that you've never watched a QB throw a ball before. Just watching the two videos Play linked blatantly shows Burrow's throwing motion being nothing like Peyton's, and the fact that he used professional Peyton as an example instead of college Peyton.

I really don't want to be mean for no reason. Play just consistently types really stupid stuff.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I wanna sound like i know what im talking about so im gonna compare jake fromm to uhhhh matt ryan

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I linked the wrong video, my bad. I meant to post this one for Peyton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5gJqrqiAPc

I see the similarities, as do others apparently. You don't, that's fine

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I wanna sound like i know what im talking about so im gonna compare jake fromm to uhhhh matt ryan

i wasn't even the one who originally compared them, lol. But I saw what that person saw

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Play posted:

I linked the wrong video, my bad. I meant to post this one for Peyton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5gJqrqiAPc

I see the similarities, as do others apparently. You don't, that's fine

i wasn't even the one who originally compared them, lol. But I saw what that person saw

You know what you're right, I'm sorry and I shouldn't just blast people for having different opinions, especially because mine are off the wall a lot. I just don't see the comparison and I think Burrow is kind of a unique prospect because of his weird lean away throwing motion.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Just so long as everyone agrees that Tim Tebow has the same motion as a gronk spike, just aimed downfield.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

Just so long as everyone agrees that Tim Tebow has the same motion as a gronk spike, just aimed downfield.

Makes sense, given that the best position for both of them is Tight End

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Doltos posted:

I did already responding to Kirios' post but it seems like you like to type more than read.

To be fair I was referring to Burrow's ability to throw people open on short, intermediate and long, plus his ability to rapidly process the whole field. Delivery isn't something I'm too in the know on so I won't comment on that, but the other attributes are best I've seen since I've seriously followed college football, and that includes Luck.

His "negative" is it's only one year he's been this guy. Otherwise his tape is incredible, and I think even you have to admit that.

Edit:. Not a negative, per say, but his arm strength seems good but not great. The ball doesn't scream off his hand like it does Lawrence, but that's not something I put too much stock in.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
https://twitter.com/Joe_Burrow10/status/966064497155805184?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fans will never accept a QB who denigrates their food choices.

Now, what the gently caress is a nightshade?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Skyline is far superior to Gold Star

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Kirios posted:

Skyline is far superior to Gold Star

a take just as bad as the Cincinnati bengals

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Randaconda posted:

what's the saddest story of a good QB just being ruined by a lovely team

Tim Couch had no chance of long term success on the expansion Browns team.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Derek Carr had no chance of long term success on the expansion Texans team.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Doltos posted:

Yea he had a rough game but everyone had a rough game against LSU this year. He was constantly in poor field position except for the first two drives because Clemson just plain couldn't deal with LSU's elite offense. Like that was seriously one of the best national championship teams you'll ever watch, just the sheer amount of talent on that offense going to the NFL.

Out of 15 drives only 3 started inside the 25 so I wouldn't say he struggled because of field position. LSU was worse off in that respect.

Lawrence just looked like he was getting spooked by the pressure, sometimes real and sometimes imagined, and hurrying his throws in the second half. He took a couple of big hits that seemed to get to him. Didn't help that his he only had one receiver that could get separation, and only occasionally, and Etienne wasn't super effective outside of spots.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He took a couple of big hits that seemed to get to him.

He was beaten to hell against Ohio State too, almost by design. It won them the game but I wondered last night if the cumulative punishment was getting to him.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah, I like cheesy sci-fi as much as the next guy but that was a pretty poo poo movie

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

Fans will never accept a QB who denigrates their food choices.

Now, what the gently caress is a nightshade?

Potato, tomato, capsicum varieties, eggplants. Some (very few) people have allergies to it. Many more jump on the pseudoscience bandwagon like the anti grain camp and eliminate them from their diet thinking it will impart magical health benefits.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
There are going to be so many rumors of Cam + 7th overall + picks for Cincy’s #1 overall now...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The play armada strikes hotlanta

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Slowpoke! posted:

There are going to be so many rumors of Cam + 7th overall + picks for Cincy’s #1 overall now...

Hell, if Cincy were that dumb, I'd absolutely go for that.

Cincy isn't that dumb. They'll draft burrow and then not get him any help or protection and then proceed to waste and shorten his career.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A.o.D. posted:

Cincy isn't that dumb. They'll draft burrow and then not get him any help or protection and then proceed to waste and shorten his career.

I think they have an ok oline and get 1st round pick Jonah Williams back next year at T. They have a good RB in Mixon. Getting AJ Green back would be huge too.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If cinci were willing to sell that pick miami would own it come on now

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We are drafting Joe Burrow and hes going to have a Philip Riversian career in which he accrues stats and is adored by local fans despite never really accomplishing anything meaningful largely due to a lack of solid coaching or long term team development. And you all are just gonna have to like it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Eifert Posting posted:

We are drafting Joe Burrow and hes going to have a Philip Riversian career in which he accrues stats and is adored by local fans despite never really accomplishing anything meaningful largely due to a lack of solid coaching or long term team development. And you all are just gonna have to like it.

You already wasted Andey, don't be selfish. Send Joe to a team that will love him and take care of him properly.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Burrow will never have to pay for his gold star in this town! The Bengals obsessively love to build through the draft so there's no way they'll trade out of #1.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

You already wasted Andey, don't be selfish. Send Joe to a team that will love him and take care of him properly.

Andy and Carson both were actually both taken care of through their rookie deals. We even kept loving Jordan on the roster.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

there are worse things

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a neat cape posted:

there are worse things

saw a mock draft with Simmons to the Chargers and was thinkin about a Derwin James / Isaiah Simmons tandem that would be nuts

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wandler20 posted:

I think they have an ok oline and get 1st round pick Jonah Williams back next year at T. They have a good RB in Mixon. Getting AJ Green back would be huge too.

I'd been assuming Green was gonna bolt after this year. But I wonder if assuring him that they are 10000% locked in to drafting Burrow would influence his decision to stay at all. Free agency starting so far ahead of the draft makes that interesting.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Aj green wants to stay he just doesn't want to be tagged

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah AJ isn't an idiot he knows he won't get a big deal (or one at all) in 2021 at age 33

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is it technically illegal to tell a player if they sit out the draft year and go undrafted youll sign them to a bigger deal?

Asking for a team

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Barudak posted:

Is it technically illegal to tell a player if they sit out the draft year and go undrafted youll sign them to a bigger deal?

Asking for a team

That scenario is impossible. If you declare for the draft then tell everyone nahh don't draft me, some team takes a flier in the 6th/7th and gets your rights. If you really do sit out a year, you get drafted all over again.

See: Bo Jackson

edit- minus the part where Tampa was so loving incompetent they pissed him off by lying to him and costing him his senior year of baseball at Auburn, and the part where Tampa was still dumb enough to risk the #1 pick on him

GD_American fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 15, 2020

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yeah AJ isn't an idiot he knows he won't get a big deal (or one at all) in 2021 at age 33

Aging, injury prone vet who would love to see the post-season is the exact player profile Belichick gets a chubby for

Maybe I had this all wrong. The Bengals don't dangle Burrow to keep Green, Bill dangles Green to keep Brady :thunk:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pats will sign Eifert, not AJ.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Can someone tell me about Javon Kinlaw? He's a guy a lot of Bucs people seem to think they'll have heavy interest in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Barudak posted:

Asking for a team

The only thing remotely like this I can think of is how very late round draft picks can often end up with worse deals than UDFAs. But that's still completely different.

I guess what you could do is refuse to play along with the process, don't show up to the combine, don't talk to anyone or let anyone talk to you, perhaps purposefully bomb your interview by calling everyone fuckholes.
Then MAYBE you'd be able to make an under the table deal with a team to get signed to a big UDFA contract.

Nobody would ever do that though because it's ridiculous

wandler20 posted:

Can someone tell me about Javon Kinlaw? He's a guy a lot of Bucs people seem to think they'll have heavy interest in.

I'm confused why the Bucs keep being mocked DI guys. My impression was that was the best unit on their team already with Suh and Vea. Is Suh leaving or something?