Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

Can someone tell me about Javon Kinlaw? He's a guy a lot of Bucs people seem to think they'll have heavy interest in.

He's (the real) USC's behemoth DT that had a decent game against Bama so he got crowned early this year. USC had a poo poo pass rush this year and it was p much Kinlaw getting double teamed constantly combined with Aaron Sterling slipping in a lot because of it. Kinlaws a pure down hill pass rusher that never gives up on a play and I think if you pull up his highlights you'll see a few chase down tackles in the second level which is pretty impressive for a guy his size. He's all about the bull rush which can get him in trouble in double teams, which we saw a lot this year. He was productive but after his start to the season teams just kept containing him. He's got to learn how to rip through and find a lane when that happens or else he's going to get trapped and countered all day at the next level. That's coachable though which makes him pretty intriguing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

I'm confused why the Bucs keep being mocked DI guys. My impression was that was the best unit on their team already with Suh and Vea. Is Suh leaving or something?

Suh is a FA and Gholston has like one year left. They haven't drafted many DL lately so they need some youth in the position.

Doltos posted:

He's (the real) USC's behemoth DT that had a decent game against Bama so he got crowned early this year. USC had a poo poo pass rush this year and it was p much Kinlaw getting double teamed constantly combined with Aaron Sterling slipping in a lot because of it. Kinlaws a pure down hill pass rusher that never gives up on a play and I think if you pull up his highlights you'll see a few chase down tackles in the second level which is pretty impressive for a guy his size. He's all about the bull rush which can get him in trouble in double teams, which we saw a lot this year. He was productive but after his start to the season teams just kept containing him. He's got to learn how to rip through and find a lane when that happens or else he's going to get trapped and countered all day at the next level. That's coachable though which makes him pretty intriguing.

Sounds like with some good coaching he could be a nice piece next to Vea. Thanks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Watch Andey go to Chicago and lead them to the NFC championship

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
How often has it been the case that a team has drafted a QB and never got him adequate protection, shortening his lifespan? Andrew Luck comes to mind, maybe RG3 (I'll say most of his bad hits were on him though). Russell Wilson got sacked a lot but so far has only missed 1 or 2 snaps.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Carr Bros

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

seiferguy posted:

How often has it been the case that a team has drafted a QB and never got him adequate protection, shortening his lifespan? Andrew Luck comes to mind, maybe RG3 (I'll say most of his bad hits were on him though). Russell Wilson got sacked a lot but so far has only missed 1 or 2 snaps.

David Carr

Ryan Tannehill until he was freed from Philbins Gase

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's extremely common

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Bengals line is trending up, but Dalton in 17 and 18 and early 19 has been getting murdered despite one of the fastest releases in football. There's a noticable decline in that period in decisionmaking, adjustments at the line, and accuracy. He also would see ghosts and flee the pocket for nothing. I have no reason to believe he couldn't have kept at his 2015 level of production if they could have kept the line intact.

It was really frustrating because Dalton never really got credit for his good years with the media; everyone was all "lol same old Andy" despite a clear decline. Now the team is ready to move on and the same folks who criticized the Bengals for "letting Andy hold them back" are ranting about how the Bengals held Andy back.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 15, 2020

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
David Carr was broken so badly Derek needs an impenetrable line to function.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tannehill was seeing ghosts after his first two seasons of 60+ sacks each

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

The Bengals line is trending up, but Dalton in 17 and 18 and early 19 has been getting murdered despite one of the fastest releases in football. There's a noticable decline in that period in decisionmaking, adjustments at the line, and accuracy. He also would see ghosts and flee the pocket for nothing. I have no reason to believe he couldn't have kept at his 2015 level of production if they could have kept the line intact.

It was really frustrating because Dalton never really got credit for his good years with the media; everyone was all "lol same old Andy" despite a clear decline. Now the team is ready to move on and the same folks who criticized the Bengals for "letting Andy hold them back" are ranting about how the Bengals held Andy back.

Welcome back from your football watching exile it’s an exciting time for the Cincinnati Bengals

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Weird thing is the Texans literally drafted a Hall of Fame-bound tackle 1st in their expansion draft.

Or at least, the smoking remnants of one.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dubious posted:

Welcome back from your football watching exile it’s an exciting time for the Cincinnati Bengals

I'm still not paying anything. I think if they add ncaa targeting rules that'll bring me back.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think this is a surprise to anyone but Tee Higgins declared.

Good year to need a WR.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
For those asking if someone can pry the #1 away from the Bengals, remember that Ditka offered Mike Brown the Ricky Williams deal and Brown turned it down to draft Akili Smith.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Eifert Posting posted:

I hope Dalton gets a chance somewhere else. Chicago comes to mind as a place where he would be a clear upgrade. He could also slot in as a preferential backup in a place like Detroit, considering Stafford is always hurt these days, or Pittsburgh where they've got an old rear end man and a bunch of scrubs

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think this is a surprise to anyone but Tee Higgins declared.

Good year to need a WR.

I've convinced myself that Ceedee Lamb is Michael Thomas 2.0. You heard it here first folks

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cpranger posted:

For those asking if someone can pry the #1 away from the Bengals, remember that Ditka offered Mike Brown the Ricky Williams deal and Brown turned it down to draft Akili Smith.

Brown didn't want to have to pay all those extra players.

I am dead serious by the way. That's the reason.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If Andy goes to Pittsburgh I will win the Presidency just to get access to the nukes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

If Andy goes to Pittsburgh I will win the Presidency just to get access to the nukes.

How will you know if it happens?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

How will you know if it happens?

The same way as you.

Flash of light
Searing heat
Sweet release

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I hope he has a nice time anywhere in the world. my friend qb.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
the worst part of the bengals #1 pick is the constant eifert posting posts

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Whatever keeps the forums going

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm still not paying anything. I think if they add ncaa targeting rules that'll bring me back.

:hfive: a fine resolution

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Targeting rules it's not footballs fault medical science hasn't invented an all healing goop yet

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Why?

Is he a racist or something ?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
No but he talks about the Bengals.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

Still pretending lol after all these years

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

AB faked the hit and i've spent about $80 on the nfl my whole life. booya

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Why?

Is he a racist or something ?

I'm Adolf Mousolini to the Discord for some reason, I don't get it either.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The guy who said that doesn’t post in discord at all but if I had to guess

Laughing at the guy who still pretends he’s taken the moral high ground against the nfl and it’s “bloodsport” while still watching and supporting the sport is not exclusive to discord.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I have this weird feeling that Justin Jefferson is gonna be the best WR in this class. I think he’s going to shoot up draft boards as the process moves along. Maybe it’s just recency bias because I’ve watched a lot of him recently.

Also, can someone give me the lowdown on KJ Hamler? He seems like he might be a decent fit in an Adam Gase “offense” and someone who the Jets could think about in the second. But whenever I see “small, speedy WR who makes insane plays in space” I think of Tavon Austin even though I know that is a huge oversimplification.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
No one fits in the gase offense

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don’t even know what the Gase offense is other than a bunch of lovely screen passes

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Professor Funk posted:

Also, can someone give me the lowdown on KJ Hamler? He seems like he might be a decent fit in an Adam Gase “offense” and someone who the Jets could think about in the second. But whenever I see “small, speedy WR who makes insane plays in space” I think of Tavon Austin even though I know that is a huge oversimplification.

He's little. 5'9", 180ish soaking wet, he's going to have some durability questions asked of him real early on in an NFL career and I'm hoping he can add some muscle on without losing athleticism. That athleticism though! Whenever he touches the ball he's a threat to take it to the house. Insane twitch and insane acceleration. I can't find the clip of him vs Maryland? (I think) this year- he did a couple high steps and a cutback and then just blew past the defender, it was beautiful.

As a Jets/PSU fan I'd be over the moon as a homer if he came to NY, but I do think the Jets have much bigger concerns to address.

edit- found it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tp-yzIgQhY

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jan 16, 2020

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Joe Burrow is a cop

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DariusLikewise posted:

Joe Burrow is a cop

Yeah that was a bad look, I don't really see a reason for him to out them getting real money.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

I don’t even know what the Gase offense is other than a bunch of lovely screen passes

In a perfect scenario it's 11 players meshing together perfectly like beautiful clockwork for a 3 yard gain on 3rd and 10.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the adam gase offense is perfectly spherical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Metapod posted:

No one fits in the gase offense

hence the scare quotes