Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Browns

Monken is still technically on staff and the remaining hold overs have been told they'll know friday if they'll be retained. Ryan Lindley appears to have been fired out of a rail gun. He's the only coach that is notably missing from the browns website.

Just to double-check I looked up Ryan Lindley's career arc and notable achievements and wow, it's no small wonder Baker regressed this year lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Just to double-check I looked up Ryan Lindley's career arc and notable achievements and wow, it's no small wonder Baker regressed this year lol.

Ryan Lindley was the shittiest quarterback I ever saw in the league.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
He tried really hard okay

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't think career achievements necessarily translate to how good a QB coach you are.

Jordan Palmer was big nothing in the NFL and he's one of the highest regarded independent coaches out there. He's worked with Watson, Mahomes, Darnold, Josh Allen, etc...

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Yeah, there is a difference between lacking the elite physical gifts necessary to succeed in the NFL and having the ability to anticipate and read defenses and do quarterback things.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

cpranger posted:

Yeah, there is a difference between lacking the elite physical gifts necessary to succeed in the NFL and having the ability to anticipate and read defenses and do quarterback things.

A coach can't really teach you how to diagnose a defense in a split second or sense when the pass rush is about to get to you, either

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
I don't necessarily disagree with you guys, but last season under Ken Zampese Baker set the rookie TD record and helped the Browns overcome Hue's curse at 7-8-1. This year under Lindley, he was "less successful Jameis Winston yet nowhere near as fun".

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Rarely do you get a quarterback with physical gifts and a magnificent mind (e.g. Peyton before his arm went to hell)

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

Eric the Mauve posted:

A coach can't really teach you how to diagnose a defense in a split second or sense when the pass rush is about to get to you, either

Sure but the QB coaches help break down film and defensive tendencies for their players. In that way it matters that the coach is in some manner good at it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Better Than You posted:

Rarely do you get a quarterback with physical gifts and a magnificent mind (e.g. Peyton before his arm went to hell)

I think there's also just an instinct thing too that you either have or don't, especially when it comes to sensing the rush.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
See: Cousins, Kirk

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don't think career achievements necessarily translate to how good a QB coach you are.

Jordan Palmer was big nothing in the NFL and he's one of the highest regarded independent coaches out there. He's worked with Watson, Mahomes, Darnold, Josh Allen, etc...

"Alright it's third down so make the hot read and if it's not there roll out of the pocket, read the field right to left. Your main target is the X receiver on the left side so sell the fake well and then do the thing you do with the football"

"Throw it?"

"Yeah I never could get the hang of that, I trust your expertise in that field"

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Glumslinger posted:

I like all of this

Seems like a lateral move especially since Nagy is presumably still calling plays

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

cpranger posted:

Ah yes, Chad Penningtom Syndrome

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Is Jordan Palmer respected QB coach the same as the https://www.runpee.com founder?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Is Jordan Palmer respected QB coach the same as the https://www.runpee.com founder?

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/bengals-backup-quarterback-will-help-you-pee/1847291/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Better Than You posted:

Also Tony Romo.

e: took me a minute to find it, but never forget Michael Irvin's thoughts on Romo circa 2006 on the Dan Patrick show:

"He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete. But he is. He is, man. I don't know . . . some brother down in that line somewhere. . . . I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down."

Dan Patrick said in response, "Oh, that's the only way he can be a great athlete?"

"That's not the only way, but it's certainly one way," Irvin said. "If great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandma pulled one of them studs up out of the barn [and said], 'Come on in here for a second,' you know, and they go out and work in the yard. You know, back in the day."

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 16, 2020

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also Tony Romo.

e: took me a minute to find it, but never forget Michael Irvin's thoughts on Romo circa 2006 on the Dan Patrick show:

"He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete. But he is. He is, man. I don't know . . . some brother down in that line somewhere. . . . I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down."

Dan Patrick said in response, "Oh, that's the only way he can be a great athlete?"

"That's not the only way, but it's certainly one way," Irvin said. "If great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandma pulled one of them studs up out of the barn [and said], 'Come on in here for a second,' you know, and they go out and work in the yard. You know, back in the day."

:staredog:

How have I never seen that before?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also Tony Romo.

In conclusion, cocaine is a helluva drug.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Michael Irvin did colossal amounts of cocaine then became a born again Christian right?

e:f,b

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

MikeCrotch posted:

Michael Irvin did colossal amounts of cocaine then became a born again Christian right?

e:f,b

Funny how you assume one ended before the other began

Or ended

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1218172753293070337

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol of course we loving did

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I give some serious, serious props to any player who can say "coach mcadoo" with a straight face

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
mcadoo-doo butter

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

really queer Christmas posted:

I give some serious, serious props to any player who can say "coach mcadoo" with a straight face

https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DTff2PBatf2Y&ved=2ahUKEwjIvc7ejIvnAhXKpJ4KHVawCWMQwqsBMAB6BAgJEAQ&usg=AOvVaw1ZX0y4zhrvjeNLIr5Sy2D2

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1218240126804881408

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Unexpected. He was Jarvis and OBJ's position coach in college. I can't feeling like this is an indication of OBJ's availability

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1218312777141571585

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Unexpected. He was Jarvis and OBJ's position coach in college. I can't feeling like this is an indication of OBJ's availability

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1218312777141571585

i mean clearly he’s not a bad receivers coach either in theory; i’m guessing the browns let him walk since his contract had another year on it

could just be stefanski and depodesta cleaning house

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/werderedespn/status/1218330900808650752?s=21

lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
oh god yes

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mRPTrWHHKQ

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

gently caress yes

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Circling giants cowboys next year hard as gently caress right now

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jason Garrett revenge games, what a concept

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I applaud this move.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at the giants

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The Jets and the Giants are the two most poorly run teams in football and they share a stadium. Amazing

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

The Jets and the Giants are the two most poorly run teams in football and they share a stadium. Amazing

the bears are right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

My laughter shall reach the ends of the universe