Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

chitoryu12 posted:

I was counting it as the possible number of variables. 0, 1, 2.

That would be correct if there were three people on earth and they had those numbers of legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Either the Sun will rise tomorrow or it will not, so there’s a 50:50 chance it won’t.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

I also presume more people are missing legs than have a 3rd, so the mean (average) would be slightly less than 2.

Speak for yourself :heysexy:.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Platystemon posted:

Either the Sun will rise tomorrow or it will not, so there’s a 50:50 chance it won’t.

On average it will rise halfway up.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SiKboy posted:

On average it will rise halfway up.

The sensible centre is real.

a forbidden love
Apr 28, 2005

"It was never meant to beep boop be"

a forbidden love has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Jan 12, 2020

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

https://i.imgur.com/qC1XQdb.mp4

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

something something fisheye lens something something.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
loving hell, eat with your mouth closed you disgusting piece of poo poo

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Shortly thereafter, the wasabi gets in his eyes and he begins screaming.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Croccers posted:

I hate ordering clothes online because I have no idea if it means Stores-Around-Here sizes or China sizes.

InediblePenguin posted:

the old double standard of men's jeans being very sturdy and women's jeans being made of tissue paper, i can proudly say after jeans shopping over the weekend, has been demolished! all genders and presentations can now wear lovely thin woven denim that won't block a light breeze

I had been looking for a windproof/water-resistant jacket for a while, something thin that I could use most of the year and just add a couple of layers underneath for all but the most severe winter weather, and maybe wax up in the old-fashioned way for water resistance.

Fjällräven G-1000 jackets are nice, but way too expensive. So somebody recommended I get a newer version of the classic British windproof smock and that the Finnish outdoor/military surplus shop Varusteleka made a good one for €70. I have to agree that it's super nice (as is the €30 Czech surplus parka I also got), but the point I'm getting to is that they completely won me over on how they handle sizing.

Everything new they sell has the customary sizes you see everywhere, with an added recommendation for user height and waist or chest (depending on the garment). But they also have the actual garment sizes listed, so you know the chest is exactly 132cm on the jacket you're looking at, or the jeans you're checking out have a waist/belt of exactly 95cm and an inseam of 76cm. It's just so straight-forward and handy, including an option to save your measurements in your user profile, for size recommendations. For shoes they even have mondopoint measurements, ie. the exact inside length of the shoe in millimeters.

They've also won my girlfriend over, since they make ladies jeans in proper thickness denim, no tears or stonewashing, and with actual usable pockets.

I'm rambling, but I really am impressed by how they do things.

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 13:17 on Jan 15, 2020

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

I feel ashamed that one of my favourite shirts is also owned by a dumb life hack guy

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

So, how much did his kickstarter earn?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

PancakeTransmission posted:

loving hell, eat with your mouth closed you disgusting piece of poo poo
:yeah: :mad: I said just about this out loud, but ending in "you loving nasty thing."

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Hattie Masters posted:

I feel ashamed that one of my favourite shirts is also owned by a dumb life hack guy

His entire shtick is making dumb, useless inventions. Even has a book of them, called Unnecessary Inventions.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

He also made some Crocs gloves. I guess the Crocs company thought were a real product and sent him a cease and desist.

But yeah, his whole thing is making stupid stuff that no one would ever use.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pyroclastic posted:

His entire shtick is making dumb, useless inventions. Even has a book of them, called Unnecessary Inventions.

So his thing is ripping off chindogu?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dienes posted:

So his thing is ripping off chindogu?

Gaijin can do little a chindogu, as a treat.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Gonna get your pastry mushy that way.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

I'm trying to imagine why anyone would ever do this and I'm coming up blank.

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.

Dienes posted:

I'm trying to imagine why anyone would ever do this and I'm coming up blank.

It’s a party trick. Something you do to show off and impress people.

Much like pissing and making GBS threads and cuming in your pants simultaneously on command to impresses your boss at the office party.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ashnjack posted:

It’s a party trick. Something you do to show off and impress people.

Much like pissing and making GBS threads and cuming in your pants simultaneously on command to impresses your boss at the office party.

Make sure you wear the right pants for that. :nws: maybe https://imgur.com/vaOJJ7V

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Pretty sure the zipper is there to facilitate face sitting but whatever floats your boat, pervert.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

Make sure you wear the right pants for that. :nws: maybe https://imgur.com/vaOJJ7V
*unzips*

*Shid noises intensify*

E: PYF Stupid Lifehacks: Poop portal for shid and fard

Horse Clocks has a new favorite as of 18:43 on Jan 19, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://giant.gfycat.com/PlayfulHoarseEsok.mp4

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Where do I get one of those pens?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Atticus_1354 posted:

Where do I get one of those pens?

I’ve heard that this one is good: https://lixpen.com/

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

That person has a much sturdier digestive system than I do, unless that’s :thejoke:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

If you don't know, this is the South Korean artist Sanago, and he does a lot of good stuff like this.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

If I can use black instead of green olives, then I'm already way ahead of the curve on this one.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

SpacePig posted:

If I can use black instead of green olives, then I'm already way ahead of the curve on this one.

You can't

Also all landlords are poo poo

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
There are actually snack boxes at my local supermarket that are just 9-10 olives in a small box, but to be fair you're intended to buy them with a sandwich and a drink as part of a meal deal.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I'll take 4 olive packs please

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

SpacePig posted:

Hell yeah you can. A couple nights ago I did this with an entire can of black olives. I wish my fingers were smaller so I could stick them on my fingertips and pretend I'm an alien before nibbling them all off like I did when I was a kid.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I'll take 4 olive packs please

Blister packs of olives. Just pop a cool, refreshing, olive in your mouth whenever you want.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

bubble wrap but it's olives connected by an unflavored edible membrane

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pastry of the Year posted:

bubble wrap but it's olives connected by an unflavored edible membrane

Aspic is a good material for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist