Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frajaq posted:

out of all the conquerors I feel bad about Al-Hezmin the most, dude just seems mostly lost and confused at what happened to him

Given this game's history (shaper, synthesis, etc) it would not surprise me if his internal production name is Al-Zheimer.

Synthesis was entirely about an elderly man who lost his memories and you keep visiting random people's memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have recorded a Sirus A8. This is a very educational video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBw1kJRNPYE

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Big ups to the goons in 5555 last night for holding my hand through this craft - this is my first serious attempt at crafting in almost 700 hours of game time.

I wasn't really angling for anything in particular. I started with some Essence of Insanity per suggestion, but I didn't hit anything good and got sick of trying to buy those one at a time. Then, I just aimlessly alt spammed for maybe 50 alts or whatever and got nowhere. It was then I remembered I had some fossils laying around in my stash. Two pristine/jagged rolls later and I had the double phys damage, t2 life, and lgoh. I was then moments from disaster as I was about to warlord slam it without having crafted stun avoidance to block it as a possible mod, but 5555 set me straight. Culling strike was probably the best possible hit (although melee range would have been very good as well).

No idea how to price these. The double phys roll seems pretty rare. Hopefully these can get me a good chunk of a HH.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Elentor posted:

Yeah, really gives some insight in how to deal with his various attacks :)

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like share and subscribe and all that garbage and for only a bunch of dollars in my Patreon I'll record other guides on how to tackle difficult challenges as a Skeleton Necromancer, such as

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"You face is good" is definitely the mark of a psychopath right there.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Elentor posted:

is this an acoustic cover of Gorillaz

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6_HlOqy2C0

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Elentor posted:

"You face is good" is definitely the mark of a psychopath right there.

In the second half of the memory it turns out it's all okay and she thinks the date is cute :kimchi:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I miss Synthesis little side-stories. Yes, even the I fell and can't get up. They were such nice little pieces of world building and I was curious to know how each one of them ended.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Probably extremely far fetched but maybe they cut lines when making room for future story lines?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
PoE2: Zana and Jun co-rule the new Order that is dedicated to keeping people out of the Atlas.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Vasudus posted:

PoE2: Zana and Jun co-rule the new Order that is dedicated to keeping people out of the Atlas.

cant wait for their boss fights

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

einhar, blithely unaware that he drove poor al-hezmin insane with all the net-throwing during bestiary league

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
Dumb Pantheon question. I want to get Soul of Lunaris->Avoid projectiles that have chained but it says that I have to 'Capture The "Hallowed Husk" in Palace Map'. Any idea how to do that?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

he1ixx posted:

Dumb Pantheon question. I want to get Soul of Lunaris->Avoid projectiles that have chained but it says that I have to 'Capture The "Hallowed Husk" in Palace Map'. Any idea how to do that?

Place a divine vessel along with your map in the map device before opening the portals. Once the boss is dead, take the divine vessel out of the map device and give it to Sin.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Suspicious posted:

Place a divine vessel along with your map in the map device before opening the portals. Once the boss is dead, take the divine vessel out of the map device and give it to Sin.

Awesome. I never would have guessed that! Much appreciated.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I thought my current character was busted and useless because I died 5 during uber Izaro yesterday and today. Just dying out of nowhere, once even after Izaro was back at the elevator. And uh, apparently one of the three lieutenants is casting a reflect aura?! Did I just nuke myself 5 times?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yes, the cold lieutenant casts a reflect aura on Izaro very briefly sometimes. It has a long cooldown so you don't see it very often.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Tabletops posted:

Someone did frost blades as a starter I can't remember who. It loving crushed all content afaik. Not even a lot of currency spent.

A streamer or a goon?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Arrhythmia posted:

In the second half of the memory it turns out it's all okay and she thinks the date is cute :kimchi:

but then she gets lost trying to follow his directions and gets eaten by spiders, and then he gets accused of her murder and thrown in prison and then the prison burns down

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

but then she gets lost trying to follow his directions and gets eaten by spiders, and then he gets accused of her murder and thrown in prison and then the prison burns down

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Qwertycoatl posted:

Yeah I guess it's because the condition for you meeting Zana has changed and they forgot to update the check.

I can believe this very easily. In the previous endgame, Zana is just there in Oriath, and even starts with Zana suggesting we use the resources found in these strange worlds to rebuild Oriath. Even when the player learns about the Shaper and Elder, it comes off more as Zana wishing she wasn't so right. She's a very sympathetic character.

Conquerors starts off with Kirac wanting to bring in Zana for unspecified crimes, because it's not like anyone in Theopolis would know what the hell she's doing when they can't even look at the machine she built without their brains trying to turn sideways. It would be weird if Jun immediately gushes into "Oh my god I am so gay for her what if we adopt some kids together" when the story does not want you to trust Zana.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kevos Setzer posted:

Conquerors starts off with Kirac wanting to bring in Zana for unspecified crimes, because it's not like anyone in Theopolis would know what the hell she's doing when they can't even look at the machine she built without their brains trying to turn sideways. It would be weird if Jun immediately gushes into "Oh my god I am so gay for her what if we adopt some kids together" when the story does not want you to trust Zana.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Anyone else having more client crashes than usual after the recent patch? Just lost 4 of my Sirus portals to crashes (and died once).

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
I've only had 1 set of major crashes so far (RIP my t16 map), but I may just quit the league anyways cause my performance has been terrible this league.

I'm playing Divine Ire, so I don't have to deal with minions everywhere, but:
- I get pretty regular FPS drops whenever I get into combat
- A good ~2 second pause whenever I activate a legion thing
- Really common pauses whenever a metamorph changes forms
- lol at joining parties, I can barely get 20FPS in a 6 person group

I have a GTX 1070, but I only have an i5 4690 (and DDR3 RAM). Maybe I just need to stop playing POE until I save for a new computer.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I have been working on a cold conversion Shattering Steel Slayer and it's pretty fun/cool/frustrating/stupid all at once, looking for some input from anyone who could offer it as to where to go next with the skill tree/gear, or maybe I'm doing some things hideously wrong and need to fix 'em asap. here's my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/48RXm48d

I run Awakened Fork while mapping because the clear speed is insane, then swap in Impale for bosses/metamorphs. I've been juggling 8 or 9 gems through the entire game trying to figure out what works best since PoB's DPS number is not very helpful to me. looking at it now, I realized I never got my final lab so uhhh that's at least one obvious fix I can make going forward!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Just looking at PoB's numbers, Slower Projectiles or Awakened Cold Damage would be much better than Impale. Since you're doing 100% cold damage, there's no Impale stacks for you to build up, so the gem is only giving you the 14% more damage mod. Slower Projectiles at level 20 is 29%, Awakened Cold at level 5 is 24%. 29 is obviously greater than 24, but you may not like the slower projectile speed.

To round out your tree, I'm guessing your going to do Assassination -> Trickery -> Blood Siphon, which I'd continue with. After that, I'd probably head down to the Primeval Force wheel.

If you can afford it, see about a double damage Circle of Fear ring. I say "if" because I just looked and that's 8ex minimum.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
On poe.trade and someone has something for sale for "2.5 exalted" what does the .5 exalted relate to? Is it just 50 chaos orbs?

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

On poe.trade and someone has something for sale for "2.5 exalted" what does the .5 exalted relate to? Is it just 50 chaos orbs?

It's half of whatever the value of an exalt is which is 1/2 of 138, or roughly 70c

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Presumably exalt shards but if you don't have those everyone will also accept the chaos equivalent.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know some deranged people do that but I've never had anyone attempt to trade exalt shards with me. Just trade with chaos like a decent God-fearing human being.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Half of the current exalted price. Currently an ex is about 138c so 0.5ex is is a nice round 69c

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I took a break the past week, once I finish DBZ kakarot in a couple of days I will probably start a second character. What is a top tier melee build to dump currency into for the rest of the league? I don't want to do cyclone. I've heard good things about flicker. Also thinking maybe a lacerate gladiator.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Qwertycoatl posted:

Half of the current exalted price. Currently an ex is about 138c so 0.5ex is is a nice round 69c

Nice

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
So turns out if you migrate a character from solo self found to regular, you lose your entire stash... :(

No wait, I had to hit migrate all instead of just migrate. Now i have double the stashes and need to migrate my gear to other stash.

poemdexter fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 19, 2020

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I’ve had roughly 3ex in shards traded to me this league. Every time I feel like I’ve been owned. I hate exalt shards, because I can’t do anything with them most of the time unless I trade and convert them, or fill out a stack.

Just do chaos and get close enough to .4/.5/whatever.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I get the sentiment, But the answer is better trading support, not getting frustrated because people are literally paying you exactly what you ask for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
What better way to make use of those shards than passing them on to someone else who is asking for a fraction of an exalt?