Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I want to relish the Packers loss while I can because the Vikings are going to be awful next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Thank you for killing the Seahawks, Green Bay. We appreciate it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

sponges posted:

I want to relish the Packers loss while I can because the Vikings are going to be awful next year.

This is the Packers true superpower. No matter how bad we get, the Lions/Vikings/Bears will always find a way to be worse.

Seriously, the Packers could replace Rodgers with Trubisky and the entire rest of the roster with kids from a local high school and somehow the team would still end up 6-10 making the playoffs. It’s pretty much a law of nature at this point.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Thank you for killing the Seahawks, Green Bay. We appreciate it.
Russell Wilson just can't win in Lambeau, it's like verboten or something

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

BGrifter posted:

This is the Packers true superpower. No matter how bad we get, the Lions/Vikings/Bears will always find a way to be worse.

Seriously, the Packers could replace Rodgers with Trubisky and the entire rest of the roster with kids from a local high school and somehow the team would still end up 6-10 making the playoffs. It’s pretty much a law of nature at this point.

True, but the rest of the division didn’t have back to back HoF QBs.

Your time is coming Packers :argh:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Superbowl is now:
The QB Ryan Pace passed on for trubisky
V
The Defense built on picks given to them by Ryan Pace, terrified he'd lose trubisky.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
And lol at the fans of teams that went a combined 0-6 against the Packers going off about frauds

It really doesn't matter how bad our team is when yours is worse

Those six wins propped up our fraud rear end record into a first round bye

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I feel like the packers fan posting in this thread will worsen.

That was like, 17 more points than I thought the Pack would put up against an actual defense.

The Pack did OK; 9ers were allowing them to move up the field though.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Fenrir posted:

And lol at the fans of teams that went a combined 0-6 against the Packers going off about frauds

It really doesn't matter how bad our team is when yours is worse

Those six wins propped up our fraud rear end record into a first round bye

Our loss is okay and not embarrassing because reasons.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly that game went about how I expected, aside from the freak weird poo poo like the fumbles. And I didn't expect the Packers to score 20 even if a good bit of it was in garbage time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

soggybagel posted:

I mean if you wanna go down that road, yeah, I have some pretty good reasons. :laffo:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
There are no silver linings. Another year of Rodgers is gone. This goes for all NFC North teams. They're all doomed and we are all doomed watching this pointless sport.

E: The one silver lining is the Patriots won't win another one.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

soggybagel posted:

There are no silver linings. Another year of Rodgers is gone. This goes for all NFC North teams. They're all doomed and we are all doomed watching this pointless sport.

E: The one silver lining is the Patriots won't win another one.

Yeah no matter how this ends, when the Titans beat the Patriots, everyone was a winner.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vikings may be capped now, but they will get room. Rhodes is gone, probably Griffen and Linval too. Those three there free up about $30M. I'd be fine with Kirk getting am extension, but lowering the annual rate which could give another $5M. That's already about 17% of free cap space right there.

Also, Rodgers can't win big games.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

SirPablo posted:

Vikings may be capped now, but they will get room. Rhodes is gone, probably Griffen and Linval too. Those three there free up about $30M. I'd be fine with Kirk getting am extension, but lowering the annual rate which could give another $5M. That's already about 17% of free cap space right there.

Also, Rodgers can't win big games.

Cutting Rhodes, Linval, and Joseph would give them around 10 million in total cap space (they would save 20 mil but are already 10 mil over) free next year which is barely enough to sign their rookie class.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/minnesota-vikings/

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It was an improvement over the first niner game, at this rate they might tie it up two or three from now

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

OxySnake posted:

I for one cant figure out why the Packers always play bad on the west coast, especially when they play against good team.

It happened agains the LA Chargers, too.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I'm sorry you guys aren't getting the reactions you want

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BGrifter posted:

Remember that year the Packers won the NFC North with an 8-7-1 record? It was there for the Lions' taking, Rodgers missed a few weeks from injury, and they just couldn't do it.

Good times. :smuggo:

sponges posted:

True, but the rest of the division didn’t have back to back HoF QBs.

Your time is coming Packers :argh:

You act like it's a spin of a roulette wheel, when it may be that, institutionally speaking, the Packers are better at scouting QBs.

Maybe we'll get another one. :getin:

HootTheOwl posted:

The Superbowl is now:
The QB Ryan Pace passed on for trubisky
V
The Defense built on picks given to them by Ryan Pace, terrified he'd lose trubisky.

I had no idea that the 49ers defense was built on Bears picks. gently caress!

soggybagel posted:

Both losses to the 49ers this year (plus the Chargers) were absolutely embarrassing. It's like the Packers players were physically outmatched, the 49ers players just seem stronger and faster, which is just... how the gently caress does that happen?!

(Packers scouts good at scouting QB talent, but not defensive talent? Justin Harrell, AJ Hawk, Nick Perry, Datone Jones... Rashan Gary?)

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

adaz posted:

Cutting Rhodes, Linval, and Joseph would give them around 10 million in total cap space (they would save 20 mil but are already 10 mil over) free next year which is barely enough to sign their rookie class.

I guess I don't know how to read this? Take Griffen. Salary is $13.8M and if he is cut the dead money is $800K, so that dress up $13M, no?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

adaz posted:

Every year is supposed to be the one where the salary cap destroys the Vikings and they have to dump everybody and every year the FO works it out.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean literally if you team wins an nfl playoff game you aren't allowed to complain about anything from the season.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

nerve posted:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Packers suck imo

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Packers suck imo

say that poo poo to my face kid not online

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm very glad to see that all of my esteemed packers poster friends are not mad at all, in fact it is funny

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

as for me, thanks for asking, in my life, i have never been mad.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

good season Pack, you tried

save us Giannis

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

OxySnake posted:

I for one am glad the Packers lost.

Chatter from Packers fans if they won the NFC would have been insufferable. I'm glad they lost and this is going to mark the downfall of the franchise.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Look at the bright side packer fans you can now use your super bowl money to save big money at menards

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Metapod posted:

Look at the bright side packer fans you can now use your super bowl money to save big money at menards

That's right we still win

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

nerve posted:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Kirk Cousins has the same playoff record as Aaron Rodgers this decade now that’s paper

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

nerve posted:

No true Midwesterner shows anger. We swallow negative emotions.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
All our teams are failures

so goes the NFC North

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

SirPablo posted:

I guess I don't know how to read this? Take Griffen. Salary is $13.8M and if he is cut the dead money is $800K, so that dress up $13M, no?

Correct, but you're already $9 million over the cap for next year. So with that it puts you at $4 mil in extra cap space. THe other two were worth like 8-10 million

Darth Brooks posted:

Every year is supposed to be the one where the salary cap destroys the Vikings and they have to dump everybody and every year the FO works it out.

They did it this year by converting base salary into signing bonuses for a few players. Their options to do so are severely limited next year... unless they do something magical with Kirk's contract. It's not impossible to make it work it just gets harder and harder every year without hitting on rookies (see: Saints).

adaz fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 20, 2020

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Just checked out the NFC West thread, they’re having a great time, wish I was them

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I’m mad at myself for talking myself into believing in this team. Also mad at the Bears front office for handing over picks to the 9ers and giving them the guy who had 4 goddamn touchdowns.

Bucks are gonna collapse and Giannis will eventually leave after we continue to fail. Brewers refuse to spend money on anyone worth a drat. Everything is dumb.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

nerve posted:

nerve posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

lol