Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
At least the city didn’t send in a road maintinence crew that only works with asphalt who proceed to pour in a weird paved patch among the bricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

Just park it on your boat.

Reminds me of that sawdust and ice "aircraft carrier" that never made it past development in WW2, even though it took literal years to melt.

I need to read My Tank Is Fight.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
The weirdest part is the two regular bricks that somehow got in there.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

nielsm posted:

(Also here's an edit)

I actually kind of love this. I make quilts, and there's one technique that I really like involves cutting up a single piece of fabric and sewing it back together to make a different pattern. This reminds me of that.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

nielsm posted:

(Also here's an edit)

Cubist crosswalk.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

The_Franz posted:

https://twitter.com/brother_dag/status/1219020371430531072

welcome to seattle, where techfuckers ruin america
“this is the dumbest poo poo i’ve ever seen”

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Watching that I thought "what's the dumbest thing that could happen" and came up with "the water's gonna run down along the window into the tub, thus obscuring the view." Pleased to know it gets dumber.

Arguably dumber, actually, cause that would cool all the water right down.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
Surely that's a shower with the head missing, right?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

nielsm posted:

(Also here's an edit)
Hash for street_texture_3.png does not match stored hash. File will be redownloaded.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I actually kind of love this. I make quilts, and there's one technique that I really like involves cutting up a single piece of fabric and sewing it back together to make a different pattern. This reminds me of that.

One block wonders. Though usually those are hexegons or octogons so you get a kaleidoscope effect.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

`Nemesis posted:

The_Franz posted:

https://twitter.com/brother_dag/status/1219020371430531072

welcome to seattle, where techfuckers ruin america
“this is the dumbest poo poo i’ve ever seen”

Moon over Seattle during your morning shower hose-down

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 20, 2020

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

[/quote]

The tub on the floor above fills by blasting water up from below

That way you need half as many service lines

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Blind Duke posted:

At least the city didn’t send in a road maintinence crew that only works with asphalt who proceed to pour in a weird paved patch among the bricks

My parents live on a street that had that happen. The end of the road is paved, and after doing some work on a drain the road was repaired with a crescent of asphalt. Looks amazingly bad.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Shut up Meg posted:

Surely that's a shower with the head missing, right?

Nope, that’s intended. I stayed a couple nights at the Kohler resort & spa, right outside their factory in Wisconsin. I went to fill the tub, and it was an identical design with the water coming down from the ceiling. It just didn’t have the voyeur window to the world.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Orvin posted:

Nope, that’s intended. I stayed a couple nights at the Kohler resort & spa, right outside their factory in Wisconsin. I went to fill the tub, and it was an identical design with the water coming down from the ceiling. It just didn’t have the voyeur window to the world.

In which case: what the gently caress?

How noisy is that? It must sound like a burst watermain hitting an empty dumpster.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

https://www.redfin.com/FL/Deltona/1079-Pinder-St-32725/home/62131464

Hi, Tanya? Yeah, I have questions about 1079 Pinder. Whaaaatttt the fuuuccckkkkkk

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Suspect Bucket posted:

https://www.redfin.com/FL/Deltona/1079-Pinder-St-32725/home/62131464

Hi, Tanya? Yeah, I have questions about 1079 Pinder. Whaaaatttt the fuuuccckkkkkk

the answer is in the house

Jows
May 8, 2002

Orvin posted:

I could almost excuse that - their resort is like a fantastical showcase of crazy poo poo they could do, but isn't necessarily practical for real life - kinda like a fashion show. None of those clothes are actually meant for actual people to wear, but I guess there could always be an artiste that wants to.

Or I could be trying to give them a pass cuz my wife and I had a wonderful weekend at that spa before our kid was born.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Shut up Meg posted:

How noisy is that? It must sound like a burst watermain hitting an empty dumpster.

In the video it sounds loud as gently caress. Also yeah, you're pretty much taking a bath and hoping the 900 windows across the street aren't watching.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

poemdexter posted:

In the video it sounds loud as gently caress. Also yeah, you're pretty much taking a bath and hoping the 900 windows across the street aren't watching.

https://twitter.com/brother_dag/status/1219024116126109696

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Not gonna lie I would blow rear end into that toilet with every blind up because I want to imagine I'm a bird making GBS threads on the world below.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Not gonna lie I would blow rear end into that toilet with every blind up because I want to imagine I'm a bird making GBS threads on the world below.

I mean there's probably roof access. Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Please keep your dreams as dreams.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Shut up Meg posted:

If I remember right, it was loud until there was a couple inches of water in the bottom of the tub.

And the place was a bit of a demo of the crazy options available. I think the shower stall had at least three different nozzles. A rain head directly overhead, a standard height nozzle just above head height, and one or two waist/chest height. And they could be individually turned on or off (only a single temp control)

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Devor posted:

The tub on the floor above fills by blasting water up from below

That way you need half as many service lines

https://twitter.com/nhallfreelance/status/1219022387166900225

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

nielsm posted:

(Also here's an edit)

Not gonna lie, was expecting this to be a loss.jpg edit.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Having worked for Kohler, I can tell you that some of the poo poo they come up with is loving insane. Bathtubs with Bluetooth and speakers. The $3000 Numi toilet that has a remote control and also will play your mp3 files.

I believe they started selling a smart faucet, so you can say 'pour 2 cups of hot water' and it'll pour precisely 2 cups of water.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is there a bathtub that can piss on me? Asking for a friend.in the white house

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Dr.Smasher posted:

Having worked for Kohler, I can tell you that some of the poo poo they come up with is loving insane. Bathtubs with Bluetooth and speakers. The $3000 Numi toilet that has a remote control and also will play your mp3 files.

I believe they started selling a smart faucet, so you can say 'pour 2 cups of hot water' and it'll pour precisely 2 cups of water.

I don't know. They made a toilet that couldn't flush worth poo poo, let alone poo poo (the Cimmaron), so: aside from (manual) faucets, I'm casting a skeptical eye.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Japan had fully functional toilet seats with music, heating, and remote controls 20 years ago, and they try marketing it as something novel?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
It's been a few years since I was an office drone there. I know there were a couple kitchen faucets that got horrible reviews. We always joked that the people who could afford Kohler and the people who worked there were two separate circles in a Venn diagram.

I do have one of their showerheads but it's kinda hard to gently caress up one of those.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Dr.Smasher posted:

I do have one of their showerheads but it's kinda hard to gently caress up one of those.

As long as the :females: like it, then they got it right.

stupid puma
Apr 25, 2005

Amazon Warehouse for Kohler stuff is usually pretty fruitful. I’ve had good luck with stuff being returned for really small cosmetic issues or missing a random o ring or something that can be easily purchased separately. I bought a couple of bathroom faucets at like 50% off and I couldn’t even find the imperfections.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
gently caress Kohler, previous owner of our house installed some one piece toilets of theirs and they are the loving worst. Zero flushing power, clog easily, proprietary parts that cost 10x as much as normal toilets, poorly designed bolts to hold the seat on (also a proprietary part). I've replaced one of the 3, and the other two are on borrowed time.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

stupid puma posted:

Amazon Warehouse for Kohler stuff is usually pretty fruitful. I’ve had good luck with stuff being returned for really small cosmetic issues or missing a random o ring or something that can be easily purchased separately. I bought a couple of bathroom faucets at like 50% off and I couldn’t even find the imperfections.

Be aware that Kohler is one of many companies that makes plastic-internals and ceramic-internals versions of the exact same fixtures for different distribution channels. The plastic ones will last 3-5 years, but the ceramic ones will last more like 20.

If you got a great deal then it might be worth it, but it's something to know. If you want more info I can grab MY GIRLFRIEND an account and she'll gladly Kramer into the thread and tell you way more than you'd ever want to know about plumbing fixtures, as plumbing fixture support was her last job.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Plastik posted:

If you got a great deal then it might be worth it, but it's something to know. If you want more info I can grab MY GIRLFRIEND an account and she'll gladly Kramer into the thread and tell you way more than you'd ever want to know about plumbing fixtures, as plumbing fixture support was her last job.

I'll personally never get tired of plumbing chat, even though I'm knee deep in the sales part most days these days, I still love the technical aspects.

Which company was she doing support for? I'm curious if it's anyone we deal with.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

PurpleXVI posted:

I'll personally never get tired of plumbing chat, even though I'm knee deep in the sales part most days these days, I still love the technical aspects.

Which company was she doing support for? I'm curious if it's anyone we deal with.

It's the largest plumbing and waterworks supplier in the US, so you probably do. She still works for them though, and if she does register an account tonight I want saying it or not saying it to be her choice.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Plastik posted:

It's the largest plumbing and waterworks supplier in the US, so you probably do. She still works for them though, and if she does register an account tonight I want saying it or not saying it to be her choice.

Considering that I work in Europe, there's a good chance we don't. :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Dr.Smasher posted:

It's been a few years since I was an office drone there. I know there were a couple kitchen faucets that got horrible reviews. We always joked that the people who could afford Kohler and the people who worked there were two separate circles in a Venn diagram.

kohler is expensive but have you ever looked at restoration hardware prices? lmao

my previous house had one and the wand on the bath faucet head was broken and they wouldnt sell me any replacement parts and wouldnt honor the lifetime warranty (only applied to original owner). 1800 bucks for a replacement loooool

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

kohler is expensive but have you ever looked at restoration hardware prices? lmao

Kohler is pretty mid market quality to be honest. If you're going to be paying those prices anyway might as well look at Rohl and Newport Brass, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Plastik posted:

:justpost: