Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Banano posted:

holy poo poo mr hands made an album?? :eyepop:

You jest but that’s probably where he got his name from. I mean, just look at the cover:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Herbie Horsecock.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Banano posted:

holy poo poo mr hands made an album?? :eyepop:

Not an album but a 2x12" EP

And by that I of course mean a 24" Equestrian Penis

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
for some reason the center hole is huge

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
My tone arm feels so inadequate now

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Fors Yard posted:

Not an album but a 2x12" EP

And by that I of course mean a 24" Equestrian Penis
great, King Missile stuck in my head again

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

sporklift posted:

So I have seen Mr. hands for around $20ish in town and on discogs and the El P is getting a wide release (I assume The Roots will to). I guess I don't see the allure of paying $8-10 more AND being locked in to whatever they decide to release down the line.

It depends on how much you're willing to spend for extra packaging and bells and whistles; RHH and Essentials have colored vinyl with RHH having a stencil for your tagging/custom t-shirt needs while Essentials has an art print and occasionally extra liner notes and whatnot.

Classics is the real hidden gem subscription track though, with each release getting a liner note booklet but more importantly, the records are almost always AAA remastered on 180g vinyl. Things like Mr. Hands or the Isley Brothers' Go For Your Guns might be pretty common and inexpensive on the second-hand market but I guarantee you they've never looked or sounded this loving good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

trdn89 posted:

for some reason the center hole is huge

There must be a goatse 7” jukebox prepped picture disc out there somewhere.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

EL BROMANCE posted:

There must be a goatse 7” jukebox prepped picture disc out there somewhere.
my god, what is that man doing to his SPINDLE HOLE?!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I really hope there's a band out there that used goatse on the label, otherwise why even have music? :goatsecx:

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

CPL593H posted:

I really hope there's a band out there that used goatse on the label, otherwise why even have music? :goatsecx:

Not sure what’s on the label. But A Giant Dog out it on their Neon Bible cover. https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a0661494646_10.jpg

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I’m moving and need to pack my records, I’m wary of stacking them, how does everyone generally handle this? Do you have right sized boxes for your records to sit next to each other?

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I had a box that was like 13x13x13, and that worked pretty well. Just pack the records tightly, but don't stuff them in there.

That should be fine. I moved half-way across the country, and all of my records were perfect.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Reusable bags from grocery stores can be good too as long as they aren’t cheaply made. Having handles to carry them is a godsend instead of having multiple boxes of vinyl.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I use bankers boxes. Those are far too expensive, but they are perfectly sized and very sturdy.

Edit: the top doesn’t fit on, so you can’t stack them. But I wouldn’t stack them anyways.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
Hit up liquor stores and use old wine/liquor boxes, they usually have tons they will let you have- most fit~40 records perfectly which is a good weight and highly stackable. Take a sleeve or record with you because some a little too small but most often they fit snug.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Just toss em in the backseat of your car loosely nothing's gonna happen

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hot Diggity! posted:

OP screeches to a halt from 100mph as a local marathon is unexpectedly set up in his route, the vinyl flies out of the window decapitating everyone involved.

I mean, that's a worst case scenario I guess.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Hot Diggity! posted:

I don’t have a car I live in the city, I was thinking of using the little cloth box things that the ikea bookshelves things come with and taking a lift over with them

Just seeing if anyone had some good ideas

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Gonna second the banker's boxes recommendation, just put some padding in between every twenty records or so.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

paper bags with handles from grocery stores. i fit three bags into each other for extra security.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

dorium posted:

paper bags with handles from grocery stores. i fit three bags into each other for extra security.

you must have way better bags at your grocery stores, I wouldn't trust ours with a gallon of milk much less a stack of records

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Unrelated to box chat but Haacula is one of those albums that should be a classic.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I don't do picture discs, but I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaad to have this one. It sounds pretty great surprisingly enough!

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Polysics rule.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Enos Cabell posted:

you must have way better bags at your grocery stores, I wouldn't trust ours with a gallon of milk much less a stack of records

they're just safeway bags. I fit three into each other and that's usually enough strength to hold 20 records.

It's also been sometime since I've moved my collection. I think next time I'm just going to spend the money and buy a bunch of proper record boxes from sleeve city and move them that way.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Toe Rag posted:

Polysics rule.
I can neither confirm nor deny the fact that I may be on the DVD they put out of their first US tour, I'm too terrified of my own image to look.

It was a real bummer how they switched to a label that catered exclusively to anime fans and the crowd changed overnight. But everything up to and including For Young Electric Pop was a goddamn jam and a half.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I think I've got that one + a signed Polysics or Die!!! that I got when they were in Milwaukee for some reason. Even though they pretty much do the same album every year I still love 'em. They did introduce me to P-Model so I'll always be in their debt

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Chromatics should be shipping today for anybody else who’s been waiting on that.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Freaked goes up for sale this Wednesday at noon, central. And then you will all finally be rid of me talking about it.

They're also putting up a sweet enamel pin as well:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

Freaked goes up for sale this Wednesday at noon, central. And then you will all finally be rid of me talking about it.

They're also putting up a sweet enamel pin as well:

But will you ever be rid of me complaining about them not releasing the special edition blu-ray Alex Winter was talking about?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

But will you ever be rid of me complaining about them not releasing the special edition blu-ray Alex Winter was talking about?
I hope not.

But I do because then that would mean we got a special edition blu-ray of Freaked, one of the greatest films ever made.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

I hope not.

But I do because then that would mean we got a special edition blu-ray of Freaked, one of the greatest films ever made.

I'll take this back to the blu-ray thread because apparently I can will things into existence by complaining there.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Just to bring the move question to its stunning conclusion that you’ve all been waiting for.... I went with grocery bags they worked perfectly thanks goons

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CPL593H posted:

I'll take this back to the blu-ray thread because apparently I can will things into existence by complaining there.

Wanna get on complaining about the lack of Pedicab Driver, then?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wanna get on complaining about the lack of Pedicab Driver, then?

Why not? As the frequent posters in this thread will tell you, I'm quite good at complaining.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

I don't do picture discs, but I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaad to have this one. It sounds pretty great surprisingly enough!

hey bob was the compilation that introduced me to polysics and it's just a non-stop bop

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Sure it's a bootleg, but what am I gonna do? NOT buy the new Tool album? As if.

Trip report: there's a significant amount of noise on the quieter bits of the record (and since it's Tool there are a fair bit of those). Sound quality wise once things really start to get going I'd say the quality is as good as the 10,000 Days bootleg that I got a few years ago. Definitely not as good as if it was professionally mastered, but listenable and enjoyable.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
How much does a Fear Inoculum bootleg go for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
More importantly, how are the sides set up?