Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Can't, currently buying more fish elves. I'll get to 2000 points this year or bust!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
oh I know I'll just use my old Teclis model that has sat in a box, primed but unpainted for 15 years

going through all the high elf models I missed I really dig the direction they were going before they nuked fantasy, so interested to see what they're going to do with them.

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

TKIY posted:

Pointy elves are going to wreck my wallet. Anyone wanna buy a big bunch of Bonereapers?

Could post it on Goon discord :classiclol:

The teaser art of Big T looks sick

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The LVO preview is going to be outstanding this year I feel.

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

Cooked Auto posted:

The LVO preview is going to be outstanding this year I feel.

At the very least in AoS well see the pointy elves at the most that rumored gargant army and some cool beastgrave boxes

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

Pointy elves are going to wreck my wallet. Anyone wanna buy a big bunch of Bonereapers?

Depending on cost I would.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

These are just high elves 2.0, right?

I know someone who is very sad he missed Isle of Blood who isn't sure how excited to get over this.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

moths posted:

I know someone who is very sad he missed Isle of Blood who isn't sure how excited to get over this.

It seems they are going to be High Elves 2.0 but we don't know for sure yet.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I might actually go watch the reveal at LVO, but then again I may just be drunk out of my mind playing Cee Lo in a hotel room.

Only time will tell.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

they're (probably) Hysh themed, so helves + armillary spheres/other celestial hurricanum-looking poo poo?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Wizard posted:

Could post it on Goon discord :classiclol:

The teaser art of Big T looks sick

Gimme a link!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Depending on cost I would.

I just added up what I spent on it and punched myself in the dick. How is that for a ballpark?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

moths posted:

Somebody might know somebody who has two isle of blood elf halves taking up space in his closet.

(Pm me if you’re interested)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

I just added up what I spent on it and punched myself in the dick. How is that for a ballpark?

Out of mine,

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
To all true people to whom theis prefents fhall come, beinge a minute and curious fworne accounte of the circumftances of Miferable Paine, and between the Olde and Primate Realmes (by perpetuall force and vertue of the faid Realmes), an acte of the Chofen, and alfo by lyke manner, forme, and degree, fuch proclaminge as is hereafter expreffed by the qualyfyed curate appoynted out for: a Tale of Approximately Four Gamers

Participants, in alphabetical order:
FromTheShire (Lizardmen)
Ghazk (Tzeentch something)
Lord_Hambrose (Ogre Kingdoms)
Sulecrist (me) (High Elves)
TKIY (???)
maybe? check your messages bud

"Rules":
We’re all using Path To Glory rules as a guideline for starting forces this year. Some of us are brand new to AoS--I have yet to play it--but on some level we're all 30k players who love some variant of Warhammer Fantasy. Personal explanations will follow in later posts. The Path To Glory rules appear to be in, like, every single AoS book. Most of the models in our chosen warbands are Old World refugees, although we’re working with AoS in mind.

Each of us will write about one specific update post per two-month period and stick it in this thread as a way to keep each other hobbying. Some of these posts will be mostly hobby, but hopefully some will be battle reports

We’re each starting 2020 with a Path-style warband generated with input from our faction tables. When adding models to our warbands, we can pick results rather than rolling them, or roll them blindly and cling to the results with total devotion, or roll and then fudge as desired. At the beginning of each two-month period (January 1, March 1, May 1, etc), we’ll gain one Rewards Of Battle Roll and two Glory Points. Additionally, on the honor system, if we use substantial portions of our warbands to play any games with anyone, anywhere, we gain additional Rolls/Glory as though our opponents were participating in this campaign. However, we only receive these game rewards for the second or subsequent game played during each two-month period. If anyone just plain hates the Path To Glory tables, they can instead start with 500ish points and then gain 50-60ish/month plus whatever they think they deserve for games played.

The Nova Open will occur at the end of the fourth two-month period. Most (maybe all) of us will meet up at Nova and play each other with our warbands, which at that time will hopefully be about 1000-1250 points. Odds are this will lead to some pretty great experiences, because (1) our forces will vary wildly in power and size, (2) we're all 30k players so we'll be blitzed on phosphex/sumpkroc/etc, and (3) we all love each other and this stupid hobby, even if some of us are still mad about the setting changes. If we all stick to our hobby goals (we won't), we’ll end 2020 with about 1500 points each.

That's about it I guess. We're all going to try to have our starting warbands mostly/completely assembled by the end of January. I'll write my personal first post once I have all of the grey plastic in one place. Let me know if there's anything I need to clarify. If anyone hates this and all associated future posts, don't worry, odds of us sticking with this are exceptionally low.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Got the sce starter and I'm not sure it's possible to have the winged guys in 1 inch coherency and not look awful.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I am extremely excited to extend the never ending rampage of my first WHFB army to a new setting and game. Just looking through my old models brought back so many good memories of Dwarves I have killed and how many Empire gunlines I have been obliterated by.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm still in but I didn't get the slack invite?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

TKIY posted:

Yeah I'm still in but I didn't get the slack invite?

Huh, weird. I sent one a few days ago. I will try again, but it might be because you used to be in. I will resend it, but you might just be able to log in.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Okay now I'm in.

I'll take this opportunity to plug my new fancy rear end objective markers - https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/770948893/flipmarkers-custom-objective-markers?ref=shop_home_feat_4

Remember GOON10 for 10% off any orders!

Buy my poo poo so I can get elves!

TKIY fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 18, 2020

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

One thing I'd maybe add is a dot or something on the very center. All objectives are measured from the center. Just makes life easier.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Floppychop posted:

One thing I'd maybe add is a dot or something on the very center. All objectives are measured from the center. Just makes life easier.

I can do that.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
a Tale of Approximately Four Gamers
(Tzeentch something)

Hobby progress. Aquired some cardboard and plastic.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Got the sce starter and I'm not sure it's possible to have the winged guys in 1 inch coherency and not look awful.

Don't worry, Prosecutors aren't very good anyway so you won't have to put them on the table!

:negative:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So for my tale of approximately four gamers I have a shorter term goal. I have a 1K tournament on February 17th and I'd like to be fully painted for that, adding on for the remainder of the year.

I'm not a strong painter so my army will be from the land of Contrast.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Whoops, at least I'll get something done this month!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

TKIY posted:

Heck yeah buddy. I also have a ton of bare flesh to paint a not enough patience for it.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

TKIY posted:

So for my tale of approximately four gamers I have a shorter term goal. I have a 1K tournament on February 17th and I'd like to be fully painted for that, adding on for the remainder of the year.

You're a good painter fucker

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Harvey Mantaco posted:

You're a good painter fucker

I wept when I saw your Lizard jerks.

Psyber Spine
Jan 18, 2019

I am normally a glacially slow painter. It takes me forever to just do a simple layer paint, wash and highlight. In the past I've given up on half finished army projects just because of how long it takes me to paint anything and it feels like I'm not getting anywhere.

This year I've decided to start afresh with a new army and a new attitude. I realised that while I enjoy the act of painting, turning an uncoloured model into a finished one, I don't aspire to be particularly skilled at it. This time around I will paint fast , I will finish what I have before buying more models and I will play games!

I used two coats of black templar contrast paint for the armour but I think doing a zenithal undercoat with one coat would have been a better idea. One of these days I might go back and do a very basic highlight on the armour near the face and shoulders and shields.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Psyber Spine posted:

]

I used two coats of black templar contrast paint for the armour but I think doing a zenithal undercoat with one coat would have been a better idea. One of these days I might go back and do a very basic highlight on the armour near the face and shoulders and shields.

I play Black legion in 40k and I have had great results with basing my models in mechanicus standard grey and the applying black templar.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Black templar is the new devlan mud, I'm using that poo poo in everything.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

The Deleter posted:

Don't worry, Prosecutors aren't very good anyway so you won't have to put them on the table!

:negative:

Local meta is a lot of lizards and beastmen so something I can drop out of deep-strike and immediately shoot and 3-dice charge at a squishy shaman or slaan at the very least gives my opponent something to think about.

but also 10 more points gets me more liberators.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Saint Drogo posted:

Black templar is the new devlan mud, I'm using that poo poo in everything.

:emptyquote:

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Pink Horrors no longer being able to take spells is an odd change.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Pink Horrors no longer being able to take spells is an odd change.

They are already super good, don't see why they need to be even better.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

They are already super good, don't see why they need to be even better.
Oh, yeah, the spammable, easy to cast spell is way better just as a faction synergy thing, just the combination of them *only* being able to cast that spell, plus lores being changed to only WIZARD HERO units was not the thing I was expecting.

I've absolutely had them use Fold Reality on themselves before.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Yeah it's the same deal with kairic acolytes. I kind of like it. If they're going to allow a battleline unit to be a wizard it's probably a lot better for the sake of "balance" to heavily restrict what they can cast.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So the all Giants army is basically confirmed, shipping with Seraphon next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

TKIY posted:

So the all Giants army is basically confirmed, shipping with Seraphon next.

source?