Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Seems like seraphon might be getting something as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

TKIY posted:

So the all Giants army is basically confirmed, shipping with Seraphon next.
Say whaaaaaaat?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
https://spruesandbrews.com/2020/01/22/sons-of-behemet-something-giant-coming-to-age-of-sigmar-oh-and-seraphon-on-the-way-too/

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hope they are cultured Hysh giants.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd love to run a giant alongside my little Hallowheart mans

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
krumping with my battleline gargants and friends while I quietly weep painting200 skinks sounds like a great year ahead tbh

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Good thing the LVO previews are tonight/tomorrow so we probably won't have to wait too long to hear about them because that feels like the perfect moment to announce them rather just dropping them out of the blue.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Giants and lizardman double whammy is fun! I'll be watching the previews tomorrow for sure - my brother says he'd only get into AoS if there was a lizardman update so he's got no excuses now!

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
That headdress and the affectation gems looks aelfy more than lizardmen to me. There's also seraphon coming to warcry, which I imagine that's what that line is about - doubt they're getting a release or book for aos from that.

Would be nice if im wrong of course!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hope they are cultured Hysh giants.

I know it's likely not gonna happen, but I'm still hoping for Anor Londo-ish armoured giants.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I hope the new giant kits are up to standards of the old ones, they with so much many greats to personalize however you built them.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
A giants V big boy Seraphon Kaiju Wars box woul be cool

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I know it's likely not gonna happen, but I'm still hoping for Anor Londo-ish armoured giants.

Yeah I'd really like to see clothed or armoured giants, since most are semi-naked.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

A giants V big boy Seraphon Kaiju Wars box woul be cool

Maaaaaan I am planning on selling my seraphon if/when they get an update...but if they pulled this off and it included new models I might have to reconsider.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Seraphon range is pretty comprehensive and I'm not sure (outside of bringing back heroes like Tiqtaqto) that it needs any additions. It needs a go over to make everything useful, since Saurus Knights suck and a Slann/Astrolith Bearer combo is mandatory. I'd like to see a refresh of the Saurus models like how the Chaos Warriors got updated - letting the poses breathe now they're not in rank and file, and bulking them up a bit to match something like they're shown in Total Warhammer.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Seraphon is my only army and im all in all on them, so there's my bias.
Seraphon models are fine, with a few exceptions (most torturecast related). Some characters would be nice and there's a couple cringy models, but otherwise cool, detailed and modern. Biggest issue is although the range is huge there are only a few viable options, even in casual play. Also - those viable options are batshit crazy. 3 inch charges, chameleon objective stealing, double teleports, summoning with values that make no sense ranging from laughably too expensive to shockingly cheap. I play against experienced players and constantly get a "wtf is this army lol" response. I can make a seraphon list that rewards skill and will stomp at a tournament (my first local aos tournament took me to 2nd or 3rd place), but besides 1 or 2 list types with a couple adjustments here or there anything else I pull off the shelf is a massive willing handicap just to play with a thing I worked hard to paint.

Im ok with losing our couple big swinging borderline horseshit gimmicks (or at least modernize them) for a more uniform army book.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yeah the introduction of a new hero sculp and a saurus refresh would be nice, and they really need to do a plastic slann. Endless spells would also be a very welcome addition and while I am wish listing, I'd love to see one more behemoth monster model because why not.

Rules-wise, I hope they make saurus viable again and lessen the absolute dependence on having a slann in every list. It would be great if they maintained the trend in more recent battletomes of subdividing the faction with magic users, saurus and monsters as subfactions within the army and the associated abilities and battalions were designed to accentuate the different play-styles of each.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Saurus need new plastics worse than Chaos Warriors and Knights did

Raiche
Oct 29, 2007

I've played all of one AoS game, and I love it so far. I was inspired to paint my first unit in like, 10 years.

https://imgur.com/a/Md5ns8a

e:

Pic sucks. It's also been like 10 years since I had to photograph minis.

Raiche fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 24, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raiche posted:

I've played all of one AoS game, and I love it so far. I was inspired to paint my first unit in like, 10 years.

e:

Good looking bone pals.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Raiche posted:

e:

Handsome skellybois all lined up for their Skelly photo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Just had a thrilling game of Battle for the Pass with my Ironjawz squeaking out a win against my friend's Skaven 23-22, which I won only by ridiculously abusing the spell Great Green Hand of Gork and getting lucky on double turns.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/24/from-aelves-to-zoats-previews-from-lvogw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

*runs into thread breathless, carrying a giant pile of plastic lizards*

IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Ok that mount for Teclis is just wonderfully weird, the mask is fantastic. I really want to see that hollow armor model in person also, hard to tell what it really looks like without seeing more angles.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

That seraphon terrain piece feels a little...uninspired?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cinara posted:

Ok that mount for Teclis is just wonderfully weird, the mask is fantastic. I really want to see that hollow armor model in person also, hard to tell what it really looks like without seeing more angles.

The Trailer gives some more. Even if just as an animated suit of armor it's cool Eltharion gets to come back.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Harvey Mantaco posted:

*runs into thread breathless, carrying a giant pile of plastic lizards*

IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING!

It's not happening though. Not even a hint of a model refresh and that terrain piece seems pretty dull. Teclis looks neat though :unsmith:

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

queef anxiety posted:

It's not happening though. Not even a hint of a model refresh and that terrain piece seems pretty dull. Teclis looks neat though :unsmith:

I just want a book

I'm simple.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Can I just say how nice it is to see a new model range and be like "I won't be buying that"? Like, the new elves look great! Teclis is cool! I can't wait to see how people paint and field them. But I am 100% confident they are not my thing. The vanilla elf aesthetic just doesn't inspire me.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I just want a book

I'm simple.

I would like the saurus models to look like the artwork at least a little

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I don't agree with the "terrain looks dull/uninspired" a ziggurat with magic energy stuff is completely in Seraphon's ballpark.

It also appears to be friggin huge.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Floppychop posted:

I don't agree with the "terrain looks dull/uninspired" a ziggurat with magic energy stuff is completely in Seraphon's ballpark.

It also appears to be friggin huge.

its the banners from the old saurus kit on a temple with a mini geminid on top and the vines kit slapped on the side but idk maybe being huge is considered an inspired piece for AoS. The resin slann on the side kinda sealed it for me.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

queef anxiety posted:

its the banners from the old saurus kit on a temple with a mini geminid on top and the vines kit slapped on the side but idk maybe being huge is considered an inspired piece for AoS. The resin slann on the side kinda sealed it for me.

The despair is setting in.

Ok I'm laughing. Someone had a deadline approaching and hammered this out the day before.

Harvey Mantaco fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 24, 2020

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
im sorry goons im sure if you already have a bunch of the old models painted and raring to go this will be great news im just salty

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

lmao

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Harvey Mantaco posted:

The despair is setting in.

Ok I'm laughing. Someone had a deadline approaching and hammered this out the day before.

Whats wrong with it? It fits the Nahuatl aesthetic seraphon have been rocking.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 24, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah that's a pretty normal Lizardman sculpture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
That Seraphon terrain piece is clearly cobbled together from other bits of Lizardman stuff. The overall effect is a little anemic. loving love everything else that got shown, although new High Elves definitely aren't on my radar.