Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sourdough posted:

I remember him looking better than that, though it's been awhile so may be misremembering. If he's fit, give him some minutes imo.

He deserves some minutes probably, but it seems like Emery absolutely shattered the team’s morale, and I get the impression that Arteta is trying to get the players who will be around for more than a year working in some kind of coherent fashion and re-integrating them into the team, which is fair enough tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I think Arteta demands anyone playing for Arsenal to put a shift in so even when Ceballos looked good he wasn't a workhorse. The eastern european CB Arsenal are linked with was a previous City shortlist target so may be something in it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I had honestly forgotten that Dani Ceballos was on loan at Arsenal and was wondering why the Arsenal supporters were posting about him in this thread.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I think Arteta demands anyone playing for Arsenal to put a shift in so even when Ceballos looked good he wasn't a workhorse. The eastern european CB Arsenal are linked with was a previous City shortlist target so may be something in it.

Reportedly it was Arteta who insisted City look into him so maybe the interest is real after all. Seems like an obviously necessary move.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Ozil doesn't need to play every minute, Ceballos on for him shouldn't be a downgrade at workrate (even with Ozil getting unfairly maligned about it) and may help the midfield a little better defensively without going for the nearly worthless attacking trio of Xhaka/Torreira/Guendouzi. But yeah, if Arteta has decided not to make the move permanent, probably makes more sense to play a kid there than a loanee.

Excited for the Ukrainian defender I've never heard of, and to never see Mustafi in a league match again :pray:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Valentino Lazaro will sign for Newcastle if the medical goes to plan. I’m sure he’s the next world beater.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Leeds using the same negotiating tactics they tried for Dan James last January to get Jarrod Bowen. Started with a straight bid, now it's a loan fee plus lump sum to make it permanent if they get promoted. Next they'll be wanting to pay nothing until the summer and crying about it in season two of their documentary.

Clowns.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
who knew a spanish midfielder on loan with no option to buy would quickly realise he can't be hosed playing for a poo poo premier league team

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

sassassin posted:

Leeds using the same negotiating tactics they tried for Dan James last January to get Jarrod Bowen. Started with a straight bid, now it's a loan fee plus lump sum to make it permanent if they get promoted. Next they'll be wanting to pay nothing until the summer and crying about it in season two of their documentary.

Clowns.

fake news

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Hull are now waiting for Man Utd to put a bid in.

Bowen would improve them for sure.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Following up this post from the MDT:

Bundy posted:

If you assume the Glazer ideal is top four finishes and not giving a poo poo about trophies, just the CL money, then we're light on least another striker, two recognisable playmakers, another wide forward/winger, another centre mid (two assuming Pogba goes), an upgrade on Lindelof and cover at left back.

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1220412382209552385

I wasn't far off.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bundy posted:

I wasn't far off.

No problem, just half a squad with uhh a week left in the window.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

No problem, just half a squad with uhh a week left in the window.

Sped Dudward is incapable of working on more than one transfer at a time so no problem

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Been hearing a lot of talk suddenly about West Ham making a move for Dimitri Payet

you know, again :lol:

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Bundy posted:

I wasn't far off.

He's not wrong, I just have my doubts he's the right man to pick/attract 6 signings of the quality he's looking for

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Homura posted:

He's not wrong, I just have my doubts he's the right man to pick/attract 6 signings of the quality he's looking for

I have no doubt they won't.

In other news, a well thought out and coherent transfer strategy at work!

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1220429175900778496

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1220724447935631360

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Imagine Mike Ashley getting deals done before Ed Woodward.

Oh I seem to be posting from the past, carry on.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bundy posted:

£20m clause to make it permanent which will absolutely never happen

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bundy posted:

Paradoxically it might be easier if the first offer is comically low.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

Been hearing a lot of talk suddenly about West Ham making a move for Dimitri Payet

you know, again :lol:

Just his agent making poo poo up apparently.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Just his agent making poo poo up apparently.

Tbf having him bounce back and forth between those clubs sounds like a pretty good racket for the agent.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eriksen to Inter is apparently happening for €20m

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Di Marzio reporting that a swap of De Sciglio for Kurzawa is about to be finalized. What the gently caress, there must be FFP considerations at play here, because as bland of a player as De Sciglio is, everything I've read about Kurzawa recently makes him sound like utter garbage.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Eriksen is rumored to be getting €260k a week, €320k a week if incentives are met.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

trem_two posted:

Tbf having him bounce back and forth between those clubs sounds like a pretty good racket for the agent.

The club know he's never going to leave again after all the drama in his private life so I'm certain that figures in to what they offer him as a salary, so the agent's probably just doing anything he can to try and break that up.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Speaking of signings that aren't happening:

https://twitter.com/DTathletic/status/1220729618719744001

Just top-rate work from Sullivan there. "Well they rejected a bid of 15 million, let's try 10!"

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Shrapnig posted:

That sounds like Levy doing good business considering the fees being talked about last week.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Di Marzio reporting that Politano is gonna go to Napoli. 2 million loan fee that stretches in to next season and 19 mil at the end. Looks like Llorente will stay for the time being but I bet he tries to get out; too many strikers.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Looks like Haaland is tearing it up with Dortmund. Nice work ed woodward lmao

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

He wouldn’t have signed for pooshited anyway

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Decent sources saying Arsenal are close to a Spanish cb playing in Brazil, Pablo Mari. He was part of the City loan merry-go-round for a while. Loan with option to buy.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11917325/pablo-mari-flamengo-centre-back-set-for-arsenal-medical

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1221047606626922498?s=19

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

Well it's a good thing Woodward decided to wait until summer, United wouldn't have had any use for a very creative attacking midfielder at the outrageous price of 20m€.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bea Nanner posted:

Decent sources saying Arsenal are close to a Spanish cb playing in Brazil, Pablo Mari. He was part of the City loan merry-go-round for a while. Loan with option to buy.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11917325/pablo-mari-flamengo-centre-back-set-for-arsenal-medical

Here he is at the airport with Edu:

https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/1221047945702838272

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

poor guy has no idea what hes in for

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

The only other time I've seen a smile like that is in hostage situations. Just replace the shirt with today's newspaper.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1221013981206319105

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I hope it’s with the right lawyers this time!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I hope it’s with the right lawyers this time!!!

lol