Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Holding out for a virus with better mouthfeel

It's important to be discerning when choosing one's Hot Viral Load

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SpaceCadetBob posted:

pretty sure they will all end up in a camp for a month before getting to go home.

no they'll be brought to the white house so trump can give them cheeseburgers and talk about how healthy everyone is

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

They have lost control. This will make SARS look like the flu.

Get masks ASAP.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dreylad posted:

anyone cheering this thing on realize that bernard sanders is 78 years old

this is the M4A equivalent to starting a war as a first-term president

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Slippery Nipple posted:

just flew from Hanoi to Tokyo, currently in a long layover before flying home to east coast US. i feel fine???

my first time in asia lol - it was beautiful!

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

succ posted:

Get masks ASAP.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

succ posted:

Get masks ASAP.

Why? either nothing happens or this really is the apocalypse in which case it's probably better to die in the initial wave anyway

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i have unconfirmed reports that the coronavirus has evolved and is now posting on the internet. it could be posting in this very thread.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dreylad posted:

i have unconfirmed reports that the coronavirus has evolved and is now posting on the internet. it could be posting in this very thread.

that's just what a coronavirus trying to deflect attention from themselves would say.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

succ posted:

Get masks ASAP.

setting myself on fire to prevent getting the disease that kills 3% of those infected

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'll ask my friend with a PhD in epi about that preprint. I'm a biostatistician so I find the idea pretty interesting, but it's not related to what I do.

from what I know epidemiologists only do meta-analyses and forest plots :p

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

doctors: you have a 97% chance to live

me: oh, that sucks I guess

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Since trade routes aren't closed, won't the virus be transmitted by exports either in the manufacturing or shipping stage?

Like if everyone in China has this and are sneezing around the Cheap Generic Febreze factory, won't boxes of it sold at Dollar Tree or wherever spread this poo poo like wildfire?

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

MorrisBae posted:

Since trade routes aren't closed, won't the virus be transmitted by exports either in the manufacturing or shipping stage?

Like if everyone in China has this and are sneezing around the Cheap Generic Febreze factory, won't boxes of it sold at Dollar Tree or wherever spread this poo poo like wildfire?

depends on how hardy the virus is living on different surfaces. most viruses don’t last long on dry/smooth surfaces.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
Lol at building a hospital in a week, can't even comprehend living in a society not gripped by paralysis, decay, and graft

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

yet another promising cspam thread has its vibe ruined by the depressed apocalypse gang. i'm loving sick of it

amaru_chulla
Sep 3, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Farm Frenzy posted:

yet another promising cspam thread has its vibe ruined by the depressed apocalypse gang. i'm loving sick of it

The only gang in CSPAM is this so called "depressed apocalypse gang", if you want the "neoliberal good vibes" place you're in the wrong place lol

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Farm Frenzy posted:

i'm loving sick

quarantine

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

amaru_chulla posted:

The only gang in CSPAM is this so called "depressed apocalypse gang", if you want the "neoliberal good vibes" place you're in the wrong place lol
being sad isnt praxis

amaru_chulla
Sep 3, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Farm Frenzy posted:

being sad isnt praxis

no one's sad about anything though

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It do be valid tho

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

amaru_chulla posted:

no one's sad about anything though

you know what i mean shut up

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

pretty funny av/post combo

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
this wouldn't seem like a panic inducing situation if it wasn't for the fact that china is flipping the gently caress out of it, which makes me think this virus is causing cytokine storms and the deaths are vastly underreported

on the other hand, this is hell world, and china is flipping out to protect number because their bean counters saw an economic downtick from sars

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

nothing says “everything is fine” like building a hospital in 10 days lmao

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

this wouldn't seem like a panic inducing situation if it wasn't for the fact that china is flipping the gently caress out of it, which makes me think this virus is causing cytokine storms and the deaths are vastly underreported

on the other hand, this is hell world, and china is flipping out to protect number because their bean counters saw an economic downtick from sars
This is exactly the wrong kind of brand engagement for China.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Old sickly people (boomers) are most likely to die from this or any virus

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is the disease still racist or has it jumped to race realist yet?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
From GBS

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Age distribution of fatal cases that the PRC govt has confirmed

https://i.redd.it/ch0xjjzjsxc41.jpg

Boomerflu is real

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

laugh now, while your form is still stable and you've not yet melted into goo

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Colonel Cancer posted:

From GBS

Boomerflu is real

wow president buittigieg

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

From GBS

Boomerflu is real

i guess this confirms that its actually a cunning conspiracy for china to handle its aging population problem then

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
nCoV Slay Boomer

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

amaru_chulla posted:

Despair is a neoliberal emotion. The capitalist class wants you to lose hope so you don't feel like you can change anything in the world. Positivity and optimism are the radical emotions of the day.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Emotions are a bourgeois revisionism

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

my mother called me when i was eating the buffet and we talked about things including the wuhan fish flu. she had just rewatched contagion the other day

umm

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1220920013273608192
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1220923649366118400

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4kLQ-WPKQ

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

this disease is only killing old people so good news is if this pandemic hits america full force like 10% of boomers will die

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

this disease is only killing old people so good news is if this pandemic hits america full force like 10% of boomers will die

It will also be especially bad on smokers / people with COPD.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lote posted:

It will also be especially bad on smokers / people with COPD.

ah poo poo chinas hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermal Anomaly
Jul 1, 2017

by Cyrano4747
just lol if you don't have breath masks in your preppar bag already and you don't caress your bag gently each night dreaming of wasteland survivor fantasies