Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Bea Nanner posted:

poor guy has no idea what hes in for

Becoming a nailed on starter if he's anything better than mediocre. But Spanish CB playing in Brazil doesn't sound super promising :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

sourdough posted:

Becoming a nailed on starter if he's anything better than mediocre. But Spanish CB playing in Brazil doesn't sound super promising :/

True though lower Brazilian division teenager worked out ok so far.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
lol
https://twitter.com/RickSpur/status/1221037528616185857?s=19

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Don't worry though because United are completing the signings that matter the most...

https://twitter.com/DiscoMirror/status/1220833240866598918

Another journalist to join Ed Woodward's PR department, which has the mission of...

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Can was left out of Juve's squad completely this weekend, sounds like he's headed to Dortmund. Meanwhile Tuchel confirmed that the De Sciglio - Kurzawa swap deal is down to the final details.

Sarri's going all in on fullbacks that don't defend.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Isn't De Sciglio a right-back primarily? I know he can play both, but swapping a right-sided fullback for a left-sided one seems like it might backfire?

In any case, I'm sure it'll work out the way all the PSG castoff signings have

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
De Sciglio will win trophies with PSG; the man is the definition of falling up.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

We call that Khedira-ing

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Shrapnig posted:

We call that Khedira-ing

Shaqiri-ing too

Goes to Bayern - wins a treble with them

Goes to Liverpool - wins CL in first season and is now probably going to win a league title as well as the Super Cup and CWC in his second season.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Shaqiri-ing too

Goes to Bayern - wins a treble with them

Goes to Liverpool - wins CL in first season and is now probably going to win a league title as well as the Super Cup and CWC in his second season.

Shaq has won 16 trophies in his career lol. He’s 28 and spent 3 seasons at Stoke loving City

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

That swap makes total sense for PSG because Kurzawa is a wasteman, I just don't understand why Juve would be in for him at all.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

That swap makes total sense for PSG because Kurzawa is a wasteman, I just don't understand why Juve would be in for him at all.

Sarri wants an attack minded left back, which De Sciglio is certainly not. Also I suspect Juve are somehow getting some kind of benefit in the eyes of FFP.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Conte is moaning about being questioned about the players that Inter have bought this window, saying "It’s not as if we signed half of Real Madrid". He just can't help himself and has to be complaining about something or other when it comes to transfers all the time.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

trem_two posted:

Conte is moaning about being questioned about the players that Inter have bought this window, saying "It’s not as if we signed half of Real Madrid". He just can't help himself and has to be complaining about something or other when it comes to transfers all the time.

He looked at Ashley loving Young and thought :hmmyes: so he loving should have something to say for himself. Such as "you're welcome" to United and United fans as we profusely say thank you. But also lol wtf

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

His wig gremlins demand tribute.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Gigi Galli posted:

His wig gremlins demand tribute.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

that is tragic

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Shaq has won 16 trophies in his career lol. He’s 28 and spent 3 seasons at Stoke loving City

Can't stop the cube.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Mourinho Dribbles posted:

"Tottenham is the last one to blame for this situation," said Mourinho, who also revealed that the club will make Giovani lo Celso's loan move from Real Betis permanent this month.

Continuing on the subject of Eriksen, the Portuguese added: "I just want to say that this situation shouldn't happen on 25 January.

"The only thing I can say is Eriksen, since I arrive, he is behaving in a very, very professional way, with me and the team.

"But to be on 25 January in a situation like this is not nice."

Yes Mou, failure to keep your players happy and letting them run down their contract is totally not the clubs fault.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Fernandes saga drags on.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1221383871272554496

It will be extremely Woodward if he spends the whole loving month haggling over a couple of million pounds with blinders on so as to not accidentally go after any alternate targets, only to get pipped at the last second by another club.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The alternative of paying sporting everything they were asking for a month later is equally hilarious

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

tarbrush posted:

The alternative of paying sporting everything they were asking for a month later is equally hilarious

It would also be extremely Woodward.

I can't remember which journo it was, but one of them did a large profile piece on Woodward a few years ago for Financial Times or something, and the part that sticks to my mind is Woodward's belief that because he comes from the "real business world", he automatically has a leg up on football businessmen who he kind of looks down on, and his belief that he'll be able to negotiate circles around them because of it (not in those exact words of course, but the sentiment was there writ large).

For some reason I keep thinking of that quote quite often.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
In small fairness to him, that was probably true twenty years ago in the PL, and ten years ago in the Championship.

And oddly I wouldn't on first thought have expected the various vanity/sportswashing owners like Leicester, City and Chelsea to be particularly shrewd, but the clearly are

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

In small fairness to him, that was probably true twenty years ago in the PL, and ten years ago in the Championship.

And oddly I wouldn't on first thought have expected the various vanity/sportswashing owners like Leicester, City and Chelsea to be particularly shrewd, but the clearly are

Your average football transfer is probably a lot closer to opening a new oil refinery in Uzbekistan than it is to organising a takeover of a Midlands haulage firm or whatever poo poo it was Woodward was up to as an accountant, so the vanity owners are definitely going to have an advantage.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
True

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I don’t give a gently caress about the Bruno Fernandes transfer “saga” at this point, I just want Der Shovel to stop loving posting about it

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Imagine being pissy about posting transfer news in the transfer thread.

Classic Shrapnig

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Reposting tweets from one loving Twitter account isn’t news

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Let’s talk Newcastle ownership transfer drama

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
To be fair, I think Shrapnac has a point. I don’t know enough about Fernandes to think he’s worth all this trouble. The hijinks aren’t even amusing in the “Odemwingie waiting in a parking lot,” or “secret meeting in Blackpool with Klopp,” way.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Let’s talk Newcastle ownership transfer drama

Is there any reason to believe this isn’t the usual made-up ownership interest story designed to distract restless fans from a lack of winter transfers?

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 26, 2020

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Brony Car posted:

To be fair, I think Shrapnac has a point. I don’t know enough about Fernandes to think he’s worth all this trouble. The hijinks aren’t even amusing in the “Odemwingie waiting in a parking lot,” of “secret meeting in Blackpool with Klopp,” way.

Is there any reason to believe this isn’t the usual made-up ownership interest story designed to distract restless fans from a lack of winter transfers?

It’s definitely happening and I’ve already bought my Mbappe #9 jersey you loving doubter.

Return of the entertainers imo, gonna play a 3-3-4

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

Well here is the Sunday Times article that tweet is referencing so you can go directly to the source and discover that the actual news content is hidden behind a paywall.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-safe-f65vkdnqw

Hope this makes you feel better.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

TBF that's a usually decent news aggregator and the article source is normally tagged.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Spurs have supposedly bid £30m for PSV winger Steven Bergwijn, and he's been left out of their matchday squad today. He's got 5 goals and 10 assists in 16 appearances this season, but ~eredivisie defending~ means he's probably not as good as that suggests. doesn't solve the striker problem either

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

brasstassels posted:

Spurs have supposedly bid £30m for PSV winger Steven Bergwijn, and he's been left out of their matchday squad today. He's got 5 goals and 10 assists in 16 appearances this season, but ~eredivisie defending~ means he's probably not as good as that suggests. doesn't solve the striker problem either

*stares Memphis Depayishly*

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Brony Car posted:

Sky confirmed yesterday that talks are definitely happening, but not sure how serious it is.

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/26/saudi-340m-takeover-newcastle-leak-threatens-deal

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 26, 2020

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mickolution posted:

Sky confirmed yesterday that talks are definitely happening, but not sure how serious it is.

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/26/saudi-340m-takeover-newcastle-leak-threatens-deal

I love that the first three words of this article are “a shell company”

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Leeds seem to have finally given up hope on Che Adams and now look like we're going to sign Jean-Kévin Augustin from RBL. I had never heard of him until a few days ago, but im certain he's the next Henry

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Apparently Pablo Mari has flown back to Barzil without completing his transfer to Arsenal lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Apparently Pablo Mari has flown back to Barzil without completing his transfer to Arsenal lol

https://twitter.com/gunnerblog/status/1221747936473886720