Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Been playing a lot of Soul Knight lately after bouncing off of it years ago. Game's pretty good! I think the layout of the living room stuff sucks and is probably what turned me off initially but the game play loop is real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE
May 6, 2007

Kanga-Rat Murder Society
Any good business games? Love the old tycoon games like Capitalism II, railroad tycoon, etc.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
I spent the last few days playing through Traffix and enjoyed it enough to 100% it. Chaos mode isn't nearly as hard as the regular game once you figure out the cheese.

Does anyone know of any other similar games like a multi-tasker sim game?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE posted:

Any good business games? Love the old tycoon games like Capitalism II, railroad tycoon, etc.

OpenTTD
RCT Classic
Game Dev Tycoon
Transport Tycoon
Dozens of Kairosoft games

Are the ones the pop into my memory.

I'm amazed theres no port of Dino Tycoon, just dozens upon dozens of lovely idle games.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE posted:

Pocket Trains isn't too ad encumbered and has an achievable end-game.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Are there any interesting online games for Android that aren't gacha hellscapes? I've been looking for idle games lately, and most of them are pure moneygrabs.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
For an idler, I've been playing Realm Grinder lately. You can get stuff like a 4 hour production boost for watching an ad, and you get to choose when to watch the ads. It's constantly introducing new things too so you'll probably get bored of playing it before the game actually stops giving you new things to do.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Everyone here needs to play Minesweeper Genius. It's so good. Picross + Sudoku + Minesweeper.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Disgaea 1 Complete is out on the Play store today! Hope you've been saving your Rewards dollars because its loving $32.99. :psypop:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.nippon1.disgaearefine&hl=en_US

Like who the gently caress thought that would sell?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

New Leaf posted:

Disgaea 1 Complete is out on the Play store today! Hope you've been saving your Rewards dollars because its loving $32.99. :psypop:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.nippon1.disgaearefine&hl=en_US

I will absolutely be buying that.

Once the price drops to about $7.99.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I love the 'no gacha, no ads' selling point. For 33 loving dollars it shouldn't.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Relentless posted:

I will absolutely be buying that.

Once the price drops to about $7.99.

Yeah, I'll do the same. Sure I've got it on my psp Emulator And my DS Emulator but autoplay sounds handy.

Just not $44 Cad handy.

Seriously that price is ridiculous

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

New Leaf posted:

Google tells me Disgaea came out in 2003 originally. Square Enix is selling The Last Remnant (which came out in 2008) for 20 bucks.

What's that, Disgaea has more name recognition? Squenix is also selling 2004's Dragon Quest 8 for 20 bucks.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Everyone here needs to play Minesweeper Genius. It's so good. Picross + Sudoku + Minesweeper.

Ooooh this looks brilliant, thanks!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Kris xK posted:

Yeah, I'll do the same. Sure I've got it on my psp Emulator And my DS Emulator but autoplay sounds handy.

Just not $44 Cad handy.

Seriously that price is ridiculous

It's $52 for me. I will not be purchasing that.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Gonna be great when sales dry up and supporting compatibility for future Android versions is no longer financially possible.

And that's how microtransactions were born.

RIP Shadowrun Returns on Android

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

valuum posted:

Ooooh this looks brilliant, thanks!

Yeah, someone in the Switch thread made a huge (awesome) effort post about it a few days ago, and I immediately bought it (for the Switch). Then I scrolled down and saw that someone else mentioned it was also on mobile, and immediately bought that version too.

No regrets.

The Switch version DOES have the level creator, though. Less involved than I expected, you move values on sliders, and it then auto creates a board from that. Still good, because it's always different.

Oh, also, there's an unwritten rule (well, two of them) that might help you out if you're having trouble trying to use pure logic to figure out mine locations; A) there always seems to be only one square adjacent to the exit that does NOT have a mine on it, everything else around the exit will, and 2) if it looks like there's a super quick path to the exit from the get-go, OR it looks as if you could easily skip most of the level, there isn't and you can't. Too many times, I was practically one block away from the end with only a few moves since starting the board, and Every. Single. Time. it was too good to be true. I think the level design algorithm makes use of literally every space, every time. Don't expect to cheat it, because there's always only one path.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 31, 2020

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Smugworth posted:

Gonna be great when sales dry up and supporting compatibility for future Android versions is no longer financially possible.

And that's how microtransactions were born.

RIP Shadowrun Returns on Android

There's supporting premium games (which I do) and then theres not being a complete idiot with you money (which I try to do). Disgaea's price point makes it fall into the latter.

Also HBS gets no loving sympathy from me after they completely neglected Shadowrun on iOS. I reluctantly bought Battletech when I saw them attached to it, and I only bought that for giant robots punching other giant robots.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
If anyone here still remembers about Funghi's Den and Mushroom Garden, the dev has apparently decided to break away from weird mushroom people games for a bit and made Brave Caravan.

It's a very simple non-gacha.. action-rpg i guess? You go into a level, your character runs forward attacking enemies and collecting loot, and the player makes them block or use special moves (no cooldowns on those as far as i can see). You can get new characters, but they're directly unlocked in the store with in-game currency that you earn slowly, no randomness involved. They also sell inventory expansions and turning off ads.

I've been using it as something to play when i want to kill 10-15 minutes.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I own literally every nippon ichi RPG released in the US on at least one platform, have prinny art on my wall, and actually have a stuffed prinny.

I will never purchase that game.

That said, I own disgaea 1 on PS2, PSP, DS, PC, and Switch

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 31, 2020

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Disgaea 1 for :10bux: or less on mobile would be a no-brainer. I don't think I'd pay $33 for a Tactics Ogre mobile port though, let alone a Disgaea one.

...though it'd be real tempting if the Tactics Ogre port came with built in cheats and replaced the crafting animation and interface with something like Dragalia Lost's, where you can just select a later tier of item and it auto-calculates all the base material costs and lets you skip a bunch of pointless busywork.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RottenK posted:

If anyone here still remembers about Funghi's Den and Mushroom Garden, the dev has apparently decided to break away from weird mushroom people games for a bit and made Brave Caravan.

It's a very simple non-gacha.. action-rpg i guess? You go into a level, your character runs forward attacking enemies and collecting loot, and the player makes them block or use special moves (no cooldowns on those as far as i can see). You can get new characters, but they're directly unlocked in the store with in-game currency that you earn slowly, no randomness involved. They also sell inventory expansions and turning off ads.

I've been using it as something to play when i want to kill 10-15 minutes.

This looks pretty cool! Gonna give this a try tonight.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I wish there was a game like Patapon for Android.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Unfortunately, there's a finite number of puzzles. As in, I bought it today and finished it today. That said, it was fun while it lasted!

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Skwirl posted:

Google tells me Disgaea came out in 2003 originally. Square Enix is selling The Last Remnant (which came out in 2008) for 20 bucks.

What's that, Disgaea has more name recognition? Squenix is also selling 2004's Dragon Quest 8 for 20 bucks.

...I have 10bux in credit right now, is DQ8 worth another 10bux?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Maybe I should make my own lovely-rear end Patapon game for ANdroid.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Relentless posted:

If you have access to a 3DS, that version is better

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Chaitai posted:

I spent the last few days playing through Traffix and enjoyed it enough to 100% it. Chaos mode isn't nearly as hard as the regular game once you figure out the cheese.

Freeways is a more chaotic version of this game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.captaingames.freeway

Dodoman fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 31, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Relentless posted:

Maybe? Like the game itself is worth 20, but I don't think I'd like it with touch controls and I don't remember what the newer phones were when it came out, but I remember people saying that it was near unplayable if you were even a generation behind.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RottenK posted:

I'm digging this so far, I'm still early on so I'm not sure how prevalent the gacha stuff gets the further in you get but so far seems alright. I read in the reviews that buying the no-ads upgrade doesn't actually remove the banner ad that's always there? That thing's my biggest bummer so far about the game and if I can't get rid of it by buying the no-ad microtransaction that kinda sucks.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Chaitai posted:

Looks like Mini Metro unless I'm missing something? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nz.co.codepoint.minimetro&hl=en_US

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

explosivo posted:

I'm digging this so far, I'm still early on so I'm not sure how prevalent the gacha stuff gets the further in you get but so far seems alright. I read in the reviews that buying the no-ads upgrade doesn't actually remove the banner ad that's always there? That thing's my biggest bummer so far about the game and if I can't get rid of it by buying the no-ad microtransaction that kinda sucks.

i don't think this has any gacha at all

can't say anything about the no-ads upgrade, i haven't spent any money on this game. sometimes i get a video ad after beating a level, maybe it removes those?

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

No, traffix is an intersection management game, mini metro is managing the routes

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Anyone playing the MTG moba Manastrike? It's not bad, people say it's basically clash of clans only with Magic the gathering skin, but I've never played clash.

It's not bad, I'm sure it will be hell once people figure out the golden deck ratio and it becomes a poo poo show of trying to get whatever card breaks it.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Yeah, it's a Clash Royale clone with an MTG skin and some extra mechanics. It doesn't seem to be all that good from what I've played but I'll give it a little longer.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tired of collecting expensive star war image files? Why not collect expensive Disney image files instead!?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.topps.disney

I seriously don't understand the the appeal of these "games" and I have gotten into gacha and idle games.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Shwqa posted:

Tired of collecting expensive star war image files? Why not collect expensive Disney image files instead!?

I seriously don't understand the the appeal of these "games" and I have gotten into gacha and idle games.

People who grew up in the 80s and 90s are now adults with depression and disposable income

Like I have some Decision 92 trading cards that were put out for some reason. Things just got released and you were expected to want to collect them

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Len posted:

People who grew up in the 80s and 90s are now adults with depression and disposable income

Like I have some Decision 92 trading cards that were put out for some reason. Things just got released and you were expected to want to collect them

Games like that make me glad that I grew up in the 80s and 90s, but I don't have depression or a disposable income.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Shwqa posted:

Aren't there people who are really, really, really into Disney stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

Aren't there people who are really, really, really into Disney stuff?

Yes. Childless adults going to Disney Land/World freak me the gently caress out.