Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm Cain eliminating himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It'll be pretty hosed up if both Cain and Kane are in a match and never interact.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

super macho dude posted:

I'm Cain eliminating himself

He got scared when he heard Buddy Murphy's music and threw himself over

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

ThePariah posted:

Tag yourself I'm Shisunke Nakamura.

I’m every 0 on that sheet of paper.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Leaked Mens Royal Rumble match

Hahahahahahahaha

E: Well I wanted it to real dammit

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Meltzer said that he's "been led to believe," Edge is happening, and I'm kind of disappointed that I heard that because until then I was 100% sure the rumor was wrong and Edge would never come back and risk his health, so I've missed my chance to be emotionally overwhelmed by him actually showing.

For the record I still hope he doesn't. The money isn't worth being paralyzed Edge.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Per PWInsider,

quote:

Over the last 24 hours, several sources within WWE have told PWInsider.com that there’s been a lot of talk that WWE Hall of Famer Sting will be a major part of the 2/27 Saudi Arabia event next month, possibly even returning to the ring for one more match.

Sting has long wanted to face The Undertaker in a dream match, but we are told that the current creative idea that was pitched did not involve The Undertaker. We are also told that the deal wasn't 100% done but that conversations had proceeded so far that some believe Sting will be in Houston, Texas tonight for the Royal Rumble to get the ball rolling on the storyline.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can't wait for Sting vs The Fiend

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Whole lot of rumors for the men’s Rumble, considering the fact there’s only three unannounced entrants before showtime

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Sting takes out Kane, takes his place in rumble.

Sting vs Kane in an inferno match in Saudi Arabia.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sanguinia posted:

Meltzer said that he's "been led to believe," Edge is happening, and I'm kind of disappointed that I heard that because until then I was 100% sure the rumor was wrong and Edge would never come back and risk his health, so I've missed my chance to be emotionally overwhelmed by him actually showing.

For the record I still hope he doesn't. The money isn't worth being paralyzed Edge.

I thought it's come out recently that his neck isn't as bad as they feared. Like I think Sheamus has been wrestling with almost the same hosed up neck for a while now similar to Edge and Paige and they've determined that there isn't much danger like they thought.

I could be wrong but I thought that was the rumor going around.

Also I'm pretty sure the three unannounced men will be Edge, MVP, and WALTER.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kane’s not announced https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rumble_(2020) but per PWInsider

Chris James 2 posted:

Kane is scheduled for the Rumble match

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So MVP, Edge and Kane for the 3 spots.

No Keith Lee.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Codependent Poster posted:

I thought it's come out recently that his neck isn't as bad as they feared. Like I think Sheamus has been wrestling with almost the same hosed up neck for a while now similar to Edge and Paige and they've determined that there isn't much danger like they thought.

Edge has spoken about it on his podcast and said basically that yeah

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Midnightghoul posted:

It just sucks that it got leaked because now Vince is probably going to pull an audible right before the show and have Shane win

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

It's almost like the company doesn't give a gently caress about their health or something

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider notes:

Santino is in the area

Women’s Rumble specifics (Santina could be in it btw):

If Ronda’s in, it’s being well hidden

Shayna will be there
So will Mercedes Martinez
And Molly Holly
And Beth Phoenix
And Sasha

Ruby’s in the area

No Becky or Asuka planned for the match as of last night

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I like the specific times like someone is gonna know they have to eliminate Buddy at 51:37 exactly.

Also

Drew Mcntrye
Eric Rowan
Shinsunke
Bobby Laslhey

DeepDickPizza posted:

to be quite honest, a WWE call sheet with multiple typos is actually incredibly plausible

In addition, I wouldn't be shocked if the real format does have exact times for eliminations because WWE has lost all concept of spontaneity.

Also, did Borden poo poo in Taker's bag in WCW or something? I can't understand why they're seemingly allergic to the one match everyone actually wanted Sting in. (Not that it'll be any good at this point, obviously, but they've had like 15 years and even once Sting was in, they made sure to stay away from it)

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider notes:

Santino is in the area

If Ronda’s in, it’s being well hidden

Shayna will be there
So will Mercedes Martinez
And Molly Holly
And Beth Phoenix
And Sasha

Ruby’s in the area

No Becky or Asuka planned for the match as of last night

There’s rumors Naomi will be in too

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
santina showing up for the women's rumble would be the absolute worst thing they could possibly do on the show by a long shot

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think having elsworth show up and enter it would be slightly worse due to him being a pedophile. even though he doesn't pretend to be a woman when he's not, and make a joke out of it that way, he still made a joke out of womens competition, and he tried to have sex with at least one child, which is one of the top 2 worst things anyone can do most likely

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

flatluigi posted:

santina showing up for the women's rumble would be the absolute worst thing they could possibly do on the show by a long shot

what if he gets eliminated immediately so he holds the record for fastest elimination in both rumbles

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i didn't know that about elsworth but i also think there's zero chance of him showing up whereas i could see someone decide on santina as a surprise entrant

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can definitely see them trotting out Santina as a "nostalgic" thing and act like it wasn't one of the most embarrassing moments in company history

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Santina will definitely be in it.

Even if they eliminate him in less than a second it's still a terrible idea. Which is why it'll happen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

what if he gets eliminated immediately so he holds the record for fastest elimination in both rumbles

oh god now this is starting to sound plausible

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Santino is in the area

Ooooh, that could be nea--

Chris James 2 posted:

:doh:

Santino coming back for a Rumble spot would be so loving cool so OF COURSE they're gonna do it in the lamest loving way possible.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
WWE keeps finding ways to lower the bar.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Santina will definitely be in it.

Even if they eliminate him in less than a second it's still a terrible idea. Which is why it'll happen.

Wouldn't surprise me if the plan is to have Santina/Santino the fastest-eliminated competitor in both the Men's and Women's Rumble. Wouldn't achieve anything for anyone other than Vince getting a laugh out of it, but that's the norm anyway, so.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Germansimp posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if the plan is to have Santina/Santino the fastest-eliminated competitor in both the Men's and Women's Rumble. Wouldn't achieve anything for anyone other than Vince getting a laugh out of it, but that's the norm anyway, so.

:goodshit:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Santino is a garbage person and not even that funny, I'm kinda baffled that so many people remember him fondly

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Obvious disclaimer because they haven't been correct some of the time, but a ton of money just came on on a couple of betting sites for Charlotte and Drew as their respective Rumble winners.

quote:

Sky Bet has placed Flair at 8/11 to be victorious in the women's Royal Rumble match while McIntyre has been cut to 10/11 to be the last man standing in the men's match.

Flair was 13/2 a little under an hour ago while McIntyre was a 10/3 second-favourite behind Roman Reigns.

5dimes still has them listed as underdogs, but they've been falling there as well.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Obvious disclaimer because they haven't been correct some of the time, but a ton of money just came on on a couple of betting sites for Charlotte and Drew as their respective Rumble winners.

5dimes still has them listed as underdogs, but they've been falling there as well.

That would own.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Drew makes sense and would be good - the only real way to explain his face turn out of nowhere is if they were gearing him up for a big push and Drew vs. Brock sounds cool as gently caress.

Charlotte would make sense and be lame as gently caress. Even lamer than Shayna, somehow.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"Winning the Royal Rumble" is like the one accolade Charlotte doesn't have yet so y'all better get used to it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

"Winning the Royal Rumble" is like the one accolade Charlotte doesn't have yet so y'all better get used to it

She hasn't won MitB or that women's mania battle royale, but the latter would require her to be on the pre-show, so, lmao.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If Charlotte wins the Royal Rumble tonight I wonder how many people are going to be pissed that we get Becky vs Charlotte at Wrestlemania. This will be like their 8th major match against each other in less than two years.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Drew should be the winner.

Charlotte should not.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It's Big Dog and Shayna rubes sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012