Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

This guy should not be allowed near any election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

username post combo

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

thinkin about them berns

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Just made my first donation to Pappa Bernie of this election cycle.

I've been in a bad financial situation after getting laid off a year and a half ago, and I'm still not exactly stable, but it feels pretty good to have $20 that I can give to the cause. Hoping to have some free time closer to the PA primary so I can canvass.

and oh yeah... BERNARD loving SANDERS IS GOING TO WIN.

E:

SEGA Ass Fisting has issued a correction as of 21:46 on Jan 26, 2020

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Rape Stink posted:

Just made my first donation to Pappa Bernie of this election cycle.

I've been in a bad financial situation after getting laid off a year and a half ago, and I'm still not exactly stable, but it feels pretty good to have $20 that I can give to the cause. Hoping to have some free time closer to the PA primary so I can canvass.

and oh yeah... BERNARD loving SANDERS IS GOING TO WIN.

E:

$20 is gonna buy 10 coffees for 10 volunteers knocking on doors in Iowa this week, which gives them the warmth and fuel to keep going and engaging in people face to face. Your support is gonna help push this campaign over the top!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

it’s all of us.
https://twitter.com/the_dugster/status/1221091840193191937?s=21

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao amazing how Lyin' Liz is having her own campaign collapse after trying to get away with predictable backpedaling on M4A and also making her "Bernie is sexist" hail mary pass.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

still not sure why so many succers are crying about Bernie being on death’s door when I am literally half that man’s age and have no idea how he keeps up the momentum.

Bernie :love:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Alien Sex Manual posted:

still not sure why so many succers are crying about Bernie being on death’s door when I am literally half that man’s age and have no idea how he keeps up the momentum.

Bernie :love:

It's projection viz a viz their succ candidate's campaigns.

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

etalian posted:

lmao amazing how Lyin' Liz is having her own campaign collapse after trying to get away with predictable backpedaling on M4A and also making her "Bernie is sexist" hail mary pass.

I have a friend who was kind of under the succ spell for warren, thought she was the same as bernie etc, and on top of that she's a big "she persisted," woman-for-president-above-all-else voter, the exact kind of person the warren attack should have worked on, but she saw it as incredibly craven and unprofessional and she's a Berner now. This story can't be unique looking at how far warren fell so fast

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Calling it now, Bernie is going to get the nomination, and win 2020.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Archaic posted:

Calling it now, Bernie is going to get the nomination, and win 2020.

My white boomer dad had a meltdown about how Bernie will ruin the economy because corporations and tax cuts create more jobs.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

JARATE CURES SPIES posted:

Canvassing for the first time today. What can I expect? More importantly please fire me up Sanders Siblings I have crippling social anxiety and I don't want to talk myself out of this like I have so many opportunities in my life.

It used to be agoraphobia so I've gotten better. This is just further challenging myself to function, for Bernie and my brethren.

How did it go?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
It's been a long loving time since 2015. Bernie will have won mashallah

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

unmeidestiny posted:

I have a friend who was kind of under the succ spell for warren, thought she was the same as bernie etc, and on top of that she's a big "she persisted," woman-for-president-above-all-else voter, the exact kind of person the warren attack should have worked on, but she saw it as incredibly craven and unprofessional and she's a Berner now. This story can't be unique looking at how far warren fell so fast

The appeal of Warren was that she was a wonky, left wing professor who championed policies like M4A. By backing away from those policies and attacking someone she worked with for as long as she was in office with something that made no sense, it kinda destroyed that image in two cuts as she shed her veneer of respectability and her left wing ambitions. Her total appeal gone in like 2 months, and even without major attention paid to how loving weird she was with lying about so many things.
And, again, no one bringing up the absolutely devastating native american poo poo she did and she's still collapsing. It's amazing.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Rough day today, and I'm taking the rest of the evening off, but still got in 6+ hours knocking this morning. A lot more people told me to gently caress off than have in days prior and my body needs a breather

That said, I did have probably my best meeting with someone, which was a 61 year old dude I caught in his driveway(he did not look 61, which is more evidence for good politics making you age slower), and he told me his top two candidates were Bernie and Pete. I asked him why and then shut up for a few minutes while he basically talked himself into Bernie based on electability lol. I gave him a little push at the end based on some of the things he'd said and he committed firmly to the Brotherhood

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm wondering if plague paranoia is a contributing factor, I had a solid four hour stretch yesterday without a single person answering the door

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

they're afraid they'll catch bernie fever what with all the "feel the bern"

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Rough day today, and I'm taking the rest of the evening off, but still got in 6+ hours knocking this morning. A lot more people told me to gently caress off than have in days prior and my body needs a breather

That said, I did have probably my best meeting with someone, which was a 61 year old dude I caught in his driveway(he did not look 61, which is more evidence for good politics making you age slower), and he told me his top two candidates were Bernie and Pete. I asked him why and then shut up for a few minutes while he basically talked himself into Bernie based on electability lol. I gave him a little push at the end based on some of the things he'd said and he committed firmly to the Brotherhood

you are doing good work

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

Grondoth posted:

The appeal of Warren was that she was a wonky, left wing professor who championed policies like M4A. By backing away from those policies and attacking someone she worked with for as long as she was in office with something that made no sense, it kinda destroyed that image in two cuts as she shed her veneer of respectability and her left wing ambitions. Her total appeal gone in like 2 months, and even without major attention paid to how loving weird she was with lying about so many things.
And, again, no one bringing up the absolutely devastating native american poo poo she did and she's still collapsing. It's amazing.

I think after the audio "leaked" and it showed Bernie looking absolutely blindsided by her (let's admit it, mushy and whiny sounding) accusation. And then he still handled it with relative calm, making her look even worse

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is Bernie?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Grondoth posted:

10 days ago feels like years, but this still feels accurate

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2020/01/thinking-about-the-democratic-primary

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

a.lo posted:

Is Bernie?

He definitely is

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

anyone making calls today?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vox Nihili posted:

anyone making calls today?

I texted a bit.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i canvassed today (new hampshire) and i was definitely getting some canvas fatigue vibes. lots more refusals than normal.

i'm starting to get kinda nervous about just how much the libs hate him and want to sabotage our precious bernie. i know that it's really only about 10% of the party that dislikes him, roughly the same number as all the other candidates, but it scares me. they're really going to go all out to stop him, even though he's trying to help them win.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

This feels like recency bias to me. Warren and Bernie have declined to attack each other for almost the entire primary and even when this conflict came up they both put it behind them very quickly. To me it seems like it came more from the campaigns than the candidates themselves. I agree that the progressives vs centrists narrative overstates the alignment but I'll be shocked if Warren doesn't endorse Bernie

edit: gently caress it, might as well toxx

Magissima posted:

If Warren endorses while the primary is still competitive she'll endorse Bernie :toxx:

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i canvassed today (new hampshire) and i was definitely getting some canvas fatigue vibes. lots more refusals than normal.

i'm starting to get kinda nervous about just how much the libs hate him and want to sabotage our precious bernie. i know that it's really only about 10% of the party that dislikes him, roughly the same number as all the other candidates, but it scares me. they're really going to go all out to stop him, even though he's trying to help them win.

honestly it's probably just people sick of having everyone come around constantly. it really is unfortunate that the same states get all the effort each election cycle, it really ought to be random choice when it comes to primary order, if not just outright having all the primaries happen at the same time.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

charity rereg posted:

finally got actblue to cancel my warren donation :toot:

Did you get a refund?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

do not get scared, get mad. destroy the libs, send them to gulagotine

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
if people aren’t answering the door it’s time to start bringing a battering ram until every single person is voting Bernie and cannot be persuaded otherwise.

the soviets had success in the cold and so shall Bernie.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
"whatcha thinking about?"

"bernie sanders"

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

thanks for canvassing

I think if the libs can beat bernie with the crap they're throwing it was never meant to be. that said I seriously don't think they will, the average person detects bullshit better than we think (see: the warren gambit failing)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

etalian posted:

My white boomer dad had a meltdown about how Bernie will ruin the economy because corporations and tax cuts create more jobs.

How did he react when you asked him what would be their incentives to create jobs if no one's buying their products from lack of money?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it berns when i pee

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

if a lib is anti bernie and chooses some millionaire from namy an ivy league over someone with actual values, they're just as bad as chuds. they're still evil and dumb as poo poo, they just want the person in charge to not talk about the concentration camps but keep them open.

they deserve as much room i your head as the average MAGA boomer. also none of them can stop bernie because my boy's a champ with a clean record. all this dumb poo poo they're doing keeps tanking their own candidate. see: warren

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Bernie Sanders

https://twitter.com/emersonpolling/status/1221613796487098369?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

BERNIE SANDERS, BITCHES!