Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Telsa Cola posted:

Your post is blood red in the awful app and I am fairly curious.

It isn’t for me!! It isn’t, you jerk!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Posts with threatening auras

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I use the dark theme of the Awful app, and I mark good posters using the app as I appreciate their posts. LAB's posts are correspondingly crimson as she is a good poster. Unread unmarked posters are grey and read unmarked posters are navy.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm honored :)

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
This avian solidarity between Wren and LaB is clearly some sort of speciesism, and I will not stand for it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Captain Monkey posted:

This avian solidarity between Wren and LaB is clearly some sort of speciesism, and I will not stand for it.

Both are suspected members of the Avian Brotherhood.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Captain Monkey posted:

Spoken like a true primate :rolleyes:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
wow. woooooow

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Chichevache posted:

Both are suspected members of the Avian Brotherhood.

This is good. I smiled.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

WrenP-Complete posted:

I use the dark theme of the Awful app, and I mark good posters using the app as I appreciate their posts. LAB's posts are correspondingly crimson as she is a good poster. Unread unmarked posters are grey and read unmarked posters are navy.

Ah yeah that was it. Thought I was going insane.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
do we need to get into a slapfight over fursonas, because my bad dragon xenomorph dildo can eject a smaller, angrier dildo that shoots slightly acidic cum-lube that will help me prove my dominance

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Screaming Idiot posted:

do we need to get into a slapfight over fursonas, because my bad dragon xenomorph dildo can eject a smaller, angrier dildo that shoots slightly acidic cum-lube that will help me prove my dominance

Kinda wanna see a high def slow mo cap of this one.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Outrail posted:

Kinda wanna see a high def slow mo cap of this one.

thirty bucks will buy you a live show and i will send you two exclusive videos

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
That's underselling yourself, live shows should be at least 50 per.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Kitfox88 posted:

That's underselling yourself, live shows should be at least 50 per.

A LACK OF CONFIDENCE IN MY WORTH AS A HUMAN BEING IS MY ONLY APPEALING FEATURE!!!!!!

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Screaming Idiot posted:

A LACK OF CONFIDENCE IN MY WORTH AS A HUMAN BEING IS MY ONLY APPEALING FEATURE!!!!!!

Low-five, buddy.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Ok, so I dunno where exactly to post this since there’s not really a whole lot of meta threads about SA in general, but I’m curious what the gently caress this dude I work was talking about.

Basically he’s some extremely online chudsworth who saw me post about on SA and then started telling me what a moron Lowtax was and guffawed that I would pay ten bucks to post, and I just kind of stared at him with a “what’s your point?” Look and then he started telling about some guy on twitter that him and his online buddies always make fun of, some dude named Matt Meyers? He apparently thought this dude was some big player in forums culture or something, but I have never heard of this guy? but it didn’t really make sense anyway, and sounded like what a person with schizophrenia sounds like when it’s just word salad. It seemed like some kiwi farms bullshit tbh

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hey, we’re here for you man. Deep breaths.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Those people are super loving gross

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sounds about right, a lot of people tend to be at least five years behind and assume some guy they hate for some reason they probably don't even remember must be some kind of major player. Mind you, SA is guilty of it too. Helldumping does terrible things to people.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i'm matt meyers irl

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

matt meyers is: houstin powers, interstate man of mystery

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He killed a few teens at a camp, but didn't wear a mask or anything.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Elfface posted:

He killed a few teens at a camp, but didn't wear a mask or anything.

That was Jason. Mike Meyers stalked people at home. :colbert:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
and a hospital

and a school

and there was an irish guy who murdered a shitton of kids

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Might be talking about this turd who lowtax did not make fun of even back when he was making GBS threads on alt righters on Twitter.

E: I've never seen the comicsgate wiki before but that page seems to take the stance that racism is bad and racists suck so it's probably fine.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

More like "yeah my taste in movies is rear end"

yeah I eat rear end posted:

you are what you eat

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Aerdan posted:

Diets don't work in the long term; the majority of people who attempt them return to their previous weight within five years; some of them even gain weight within five years. This includes calorie-counting, any fad diet you care to name (including the so-called 'Mediterranean' diet), glycemic indexing, WW/Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc.Because, here's the problem: diets are you intentionally starving yourself, and the mechanisms involved (your hormones) absolutely do not give a flying gently caress—starvation kills temperature regulation and causes lethargy, cognitive impairment, and other problems. So people stop dieting after they guiltily eat a decent loving meal for once...and oops, all that suffering was for nothing.

Exercise won't cause you to lose weight, either, because the amount of exercise you do would need to be consistent and significant to offset the food you eat. A 20-minute walk burns about 100 calories, give or take. Eating a serving of beef jerky or a typical protein bar will wipe that out and then some. If you're overweight (let's say 250 lbs), you're gonna be loving miserable–which is why fat people don't tend to exercise.

Beyond all of that, obesity is not inherently unhealthy, as it turns out. Almost all of the health issues commonly associated with being fat are from being out of shape and from doctors ignoring overweight patients' concerns because obviously the knees, ankles and feet you wrecked in high school at 180lbs are because you're 250lbs today.

Aerdan posted:

Okay, since you chucklefucks seem to think I'm bullshitting:

Diets

Weight-Watchers/WW: "Weit Loss With Self-help Compared With a Structured Commercial Program", JAMA 289(14): 1792-98, 2003, DOI: 10.1001/jama.289.14.1792

Jenny Craig: "Effect of a Free Prepared Meal and Incentivized Weight Loss Program on Weight Loss and Weight Loss Maintenance in Obese and Overweight Women", JAMA 304(16): 1803-10, 2010, DOI: 10.1001/jama.2010.1503

What we can assume about people who drop out of these programs: "Evaluation of an Intensive Weight Contrl Program Using a Priori Criteria to Determine Outcome", International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders 16: 505-17, 1992, PMID: 1323547.

Meal replacements: "Systematic Review: An Evaluation of Major Commercial Weight Loss Programs in the United States", Annals of Internal Medicine 142: 56-66, 2005, PMID: 15630109.

Low-carb versus low-fat: "A Randomized Trial of a Low-carbohydrate Diet for Obesity", New England Journal of Medicine 348: 2082-90, 2003.

Low-GI diet versus low-calorie: "Effects of a Reduced-glycemic-load Diet on Body Weight, Body Composition, and Cardiovascular Disease Risk Markers in Overweight and Obese Adults", American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 85(3): 724-34, March 2007.

Calorie-restriction diets don't work: "Medicare's Search for Effective Obesity Treatments: Diets Are Not the Answer", American Psychologist 62(3): 220-33, April 2007, DOI: 10.1037/0003-066X.62.3.220.

Weight-loss surgery, which I didn't discuss but is worth mentioning anyway: Cost-effectiveness of Surgically Induced Weight Loss for the Management of Type 2 Diabetes: Modeled Lifetime Analysis", Diabetes Care 32(4): 567-74, April 2009, DOI: 10.2337/dc08-1749.

Exercise:

Australian Sports Commission's annual report for 2009: https://ausport.gov.au/_data/assets/pdf_file/0005/377069/ERASS_Report_2009.pdf (latest available when Big Fat Lies was written)

Relationship between weight loss and exercise: "Relation between Caloric Intake, Body Weight, and Physical Work: Studies in an Industrial Male Population in West Bengal", American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 4(2): 169-75, March 1956.

Exercise and obesity: "Fatness Leads to Inactivity, but Inactivity Does Not Lead to Fatness: A Longitudinal Study in Children (Early Bird 45)", Archives of Disease in Childhood, DOI: 10.1136/adc.2009/175927.

AHA review on exercise and obesity: https://acsm.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home_Page&TEMPLATE=CML/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=7764

Does regular exercise cause weight loss? "The Effect of Physical Activity on 18-month Weight Change in Overweight Adults", Obesit 19(1): 100-109, 2011, DOI: 10.1038/oby.2010.122.

Now gently caress off and post actual schadenfreude.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Wow, he went from "actually I don't lose weight because it's not possible" to "actually being overweight is healthy" in just one post. Usually it takes a bit longer to rationalize like that.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
too fat; didn't read

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He died doing what he loved. Traveling.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Did not expect to learn about that in the quotes thread.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

:eyepop:

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Context irrelevant.

Hardon Crime posted:

but why does he need vagina ears

Boogoose posted:

So he can hear people cumming.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Did not expect to learn about that in the quotes thread.

I laughed it off and checked CNN for unrelated reasons

What the gently caress

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

PROBATION 01/26/20 12:12am Aerdan Diet and excercise are bad derail. Omg I can’t believe I just typed that. User loses posting privileges for 12 hours. Burt Sexual Burt Sexual

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Well I'm stealing that one to use at work tomorrow because :drat:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

EorayMel posted:

PROBATION 01/26/20 12:12am Aerdan Diet and excercise are bad derail. Omg I can’t believe I just typed that. User loses posting privileges for 12 hours. Burt Sexual Burt Sexual

Go further back in his rap sheet for fun surprises.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Yeah those descriptions are rather graphic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

Go further back in his rap sheet for fun surprises.